What didn't go right?

What didn't go right?

nothing.

everything.

no super training.

No DexNav, no Soaring, no Secret Bases. The bottom screen usage in general is very poor compared to ORAS. It's more tedious to hatch eggs than last generation. You can raise up IV's but it takes fucking forever just for one stat. Game feels very linear; roadblocks feel more obvious that any generation before it. Pokeride is cool but could have been better expanded. Optimization is terrible and the FPS dips are horrendous. Pokemon distribution is garbage. Certain fights were disappointing. Player customization options were too limited.

Overall I still think it's the best Pokemon game made in a long ass time, but a lot of the quality-of-life improvements and other very excellent features were removed when they would have made the game infinitely better. A lot of great ideas, but a large portion of them were implemented poorly.

I could go on in detail about each thing I mentioned, but I don't think anyone wants to see my autism about each little thing in this game.

ROTOM
FUCKING
DEX

Lillie leaving me blueballed

Literally Cutscenes: The Game

Pokemon will never die because you have nostalgiafags with rose-colored glasses on who think it's a fantastic series. They're all in their fucking 20's, probably virgins/weebs who are also furries. That's the entire Pokemon fanbase, and it'll be that way for the next 5 or 6 years until they hit 30 and start to feel like Pokemon is too old for them.

I think it's pretty embarrassing that you have people in their mid 20's and shit as the fanbase for Pokemon, Nintendo knows their fanbase but it's still sad to know the fanbase is manchildren weebs with nostalgia hard-ons who fap to anthropomorphic animals.

You have manchildren weebs with any franchise, my friend. Pokemon's is just more obvious because their overall fanbase is just so much bigger compared to a lot of games.

I know of shit ton of normies that play Pokemon too. It's an enjoyable series.

>Never in any previous game have I caught my own feebas, let along evolved it into a milotic
>after bullshit fishing, finally get a feebas, trade with my little bro to get it to evolve
>That competitive ability
>end up sweeping the buffed up extra dimensional team with just milotic as it easily ate several moonblasts and came out stronger for it

MVP of my game, easy. I just wish she could learn dazzling gleam or something.

IVs still exist. TheY are trying g to address issues with them with items that max them, but it just points out how stupid they are to begin with. They need to be scrapped and an ID value needs to be assigned to a pokemon to give it it's Hidden Power and affect nothing else. The mechanic just serves to render 99% of what you get inferior.

No dex nav, hordes, super training, or frontier.

the only thing that rubbed me wrong was no soaring/secret bases and the bad optimization i like poke pelago since my lazy pc mons do something,i still rate them miles above xy/oras in fact they are my favs in a long time2,they are on par with Plat/emerald for me,though still below HGSS

I wouldn't care so much if grinding bottlecaps wasn't such a chore. It's a step in the right direction with regard to IVs but holy shit Gamefreak takes baby steps with its improvements.

Not only that, but with every improvement GF makes to the series they take another step back and remove a feature that made the games amazing. I'm convinced that we will never get a truly perfect Pokemon game.

Every pokemon game leaves you in blue balls with delicious girls

>Draw a blonde supermodel
>Call it a middle-aged mother of two

Why the hell did they get rid of the National Dex?

Everything. Gamefreak don't even put in minimal effort any longer. It's a shame that Gamefreak are rewarded with sales for their fuckups.

I'm enjoying it so far. The only problem is the stupid amount of cutscenes and walls

Pros:
>No fucking HMs
Finally, no longer wasting slots for useless moves that get 3-4 uses

>No Gyms
Though trials, Totmes, and Kahunas are just basically the same thing, the formula finally changing feels refreshing.

>Alternative evolution methods
Most prior Pokemon get new ways to evolve, making obtaining them a lot easier.

Cons:
>Cutscenes
Every 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Even the ending is just a long ass train ride until the credits.

>90% of the game is still easy as fuck
"But it's a game made for children" doesn't mean they cannot put some fucking challenge in the game. Trainers with 1 Pokemon, healing after very battle for free, the ability to remove status effects for nothing.

>Story
Is barely about you, you're just along for the ride as you're pulled along fulfilling others plot, but your character still manages to be the mary/gary stu of the entire game. Legendaries and UB jump into your hands, though not as easily as in OR/AS.

>No horde battles
Bye enjoyable way to grind EVs and shinies.

>No PokeNav
Again, no chaining shinys or knowing if the area you are in is complete

>RNG on top of RNG
Fishing for a few hours to get a 1% Pokemon that has as equal chance to call for another 1% chance Pokemon.

To avoid scaring casuals with the idea of catching 800 mons.

Difficulty seems oddly balanced. Actually somewhat difficult at first, but later in the game (I'm in poni canyon, doing the alternate world shit) I rarely have any trouble at all.

Yeah, it's linear, but so is every other recent pokemon game. S/M was just more obvious about it.

Fishing is garbage, I only ever seem to see fucking floppy ass magikarp.

Pokeride is fucking awesome and superior to HMs in ever way.

I like the totem system, but the progression is harder to follow vs the more traditional gyms.

>wicke
>olivia
>lusamine

>will never
>ever
>be your mommy

Finished it last night. Last time I enjoyed the story that much was B/W. I actually felt it was somewhat challenging compared to X/Y and ORAS, don't know where everyone keeps getting the "it's too easy" thing from (unless I'm retarded). Can't comment on postgame yet though.

If you move the joystick in a circle while NOT holding run, eventually your trainer will do a pirouette.

Literally Buzzwords: The Post

The worst part of this gen is how you can't spam the b button to awkwardly run, because you trip after 5-7 presses.

I liked that actually, there were a lot of minor details that made the game more 'believable'.

>houses have more than one room, and most of them seem like they could fit all the people that supposedly live there
>police stations, even though the police don't seem to do a damn thing
>explanations on what people that aren't pokemon trainers do, references to people that have completed the same trials you're taking

overall this game seemed to have the most complete 'world'.

This gen has so many tiny little things that just make it feel more fleshed out and realistic then any other gen, especially thanks to the new graphics being the least cartoony yet, game is just great to look at and every area feels unique and fun to explore.

I can deal with everything except the cutscenes and no PokeNav. Holy fuck why did they have to take out the one thing ORAS did right?

Dunno, it and horde battles were really fun, despite the slowdown, it was a great way to find shiny Pokemon. The whole SOS system is boring. I've got a Fomantis and Para for false swipe and moves with lots of PP so I don't have to take so many trips to the Pokemon Center.

>automatically forced to go fight tapu koko after the elite 4
>have it at red health
>constantly putting it to sleep
>8 ultra balls later still no luck
I refuse to use my master ball.

Just kill it. You can fight it later. You have to do that battle, then the credits roll.

Ya know, the one thing I did enjoy was that story wise, Guzma wasn't a pushover. Hau-fag and Retardo-Hair lost to him. So even though battlewise he was a push over, it made sense that he bragged up about being able to beat people down.

You can refight it later. It's just that Tapu Koko's plan that involved him getting a lot of people hurt so he could GET REALLY GOOD FITES has finally come to fruition so you've gotta fight him

NEVERMIND GOT IT, FUCK MY ASSHOLE GOD DAMN

>FUCK MY ASSHOLE

I mean, if that's what you want....

>FUCK MY ASSHOLE GOD DAMN

OK, big boi.

Yeah, no, I'm 25, witnessed the franchise since the first games and I'm fully aware of all the flaws and faults of each game.

This game is pandering way too much to the Kanto generation by the way and even the Alolan forms are barely anything to talk about. The soundtrack is smaller than ever before and asides from a few tracks, many were lackluster and mostly consisted of remixes. The new pokemon are, once again, being overshadowed by Kanto mons, except this time, Alola mon are RARE as fuck to find.

Cutscenes are still bearable.

If you even bother about the plot enough to witness it unspoiled like me, otherwise, they're meaningless gibber.

Yeah, it's going to be a thrill to wait until bloody January to even have a chance of getting a Pokemon that isn't currently available until then. One begins to wonder about those who want their bro to play along with them only to realize they can't even fucking do that until January.

I'm barely scratching the barrel by the way, but I don't really feel like writing a bloody essay on this shit, I'm just going to enjoy the parts that aren't shit from the game.

The trainers in this game are all pathetic. Most have 2 or 3 pokemon, and you can be late in the game and still fighting trainers with unevolved pokemon (even though at their level, they should have evolved). The only fight in the game that gave me trouble was that police chick you face after the elite 4, and that's because my team was incredibly unbalanced.

Also, what the fuck were they thinking making all the Alolan pokemon rare as fuck. They hand you a million Zubats and other gen 1 shitters, while the new ones like Mimikyu, Stufful, Rockruff or Puykumuku are rare as fuck

>Implying Japan hasn't been doing this for ages in their fucking anime

Pokemon is only just catching up.

Let me be totally honest here. I picked up Moon so I could trade with my nephews who are poke-crazy right now. I played gen 1 on release.

This game is awful. Watered down, dialogue heavy, needlessly flippant about being easy or challenging and really suited for younger kids.

>dislike all three starters, but dislike the owl least
>tempted to just toss over a Bounsweet or Snivy egg from a friend instead of using Rowlett
Give me a reason not to.

To be fair, she is apparently fucking rich and the leader of some weird cult/PETA-esq organization.

She probably stays in shape, unlike your saggy ass.

They went overboard with the unskippable cutscenes and long ass dialogues you can't spam b to skip.

The beggining of the game has 3 fucking cutscenes, you play a bit then ANOTHER cutscene.

They saw uncharted and mgs4 and took it as inspirations or some shit

I hate being that guy, but what the fuck happened to the dungeon layout? Victory Road in Gen 1 was confusing as fuck. Vast Poni Canyon is a hallway full of shitty pokemon and a few branching paths that go nowhere

I get that this game is aimed at kids, but kids aren't fucking retarded. Make a cool dungeon worth exploring and most people won't mind if it's confusing as fuck

Is the Snivy contrary? If not, get the trade Bounsweet. Shit's OP. Good IVs, adamant, too.

Final evo is really fuckin good. Ghost typing means you're immune to normal and fighting type, and it's a pretty heavy hitter late game.

I don't think you know what "buzzword" means. I'm only letting you know so you stop looking like a retard when you post.

>Bitch obsessed with B e a u t y enough to treat her children like scum looks young despite her age

Yeah, nah, the hell with that middle life crisis whore. Hope she stays in comatose for all eternity so Lillie can have her freedom. At least she could literally become the "Sleeping Beauty" of the fucking franchise and have that title all to herself as long she doesn't fuck up her kids' life any more than she has.

Nigga wat

you know she was possessed by the Nihilego the whole time? It just manifested its control fully in the ultra-space.

The game franchise is one of the biggest in the world. Everyone loves Pokemon, young and adult.

With the release of Pokemon GO!, Game Freak has an easy pass to capitalize on the hype that has drawn normies and old fans back in. What this amounts to is casualizing the game even further, giving us phoned in, content lacking piece of shit and I'm not going to sit her and make allowances for that. The game has become shit.

I started with Red. I am one of the biggest fans of the series and over the past 2-3 Generations I have seen the game go way off course of its potential.

The game did NOT need new formes and gimmicky battle mechnics like Z--moves. It did not need to get easier and more casualized. It did not need more anime influences into the plot.

It needed balancing of the meta. It needed to keep features form previous game (for once goddamit). It needed larger, less linear regions to explore.

The game doesn't even have the full Pokedex in game...there's no defense for that.

And you know what? Game Freak will not change it's trajectory because there are enough normies willing to dive back in, if only temporarily, and enough of people like we see here willing to let their hype and complacency support a product they know is far from what we should be demanding as consumers.