What does Sup Forums think about Ori and the Blind Forest?

What does Sup Forums think about Ori and the Blind Forest?

I just bought the definitive edition on sale for the XBONE. I don't even own an XBONE yet.

Its a superb game. I don't know why people care for its story so much tho

Had a blast with the vanilla version. DE felt it wasn't necessary a DE version

Ori and the Blind Forest is the most beautiful games that I absolutely despise the artstyle of.

Fucking casual shit

A Metroidvania with
>muh indie art game

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and I would recommend it, but other indie Metroidvanias are better (Rabi Ribi, Axiom Verge)

Alot of games this generation only seem to be able to hit one aspect of game design; be it gameplay. graphics, story, or music. Ori and the Blind Forest delivers all of these aspects extremely well, and is my overall GOTY for 2015.

There was no reason to make people who bought the game at launch pay for the Definitive version though, even if they gave you a 75% off coupon.

Ori is pretty lacking in the fighting department, so I agree

It's really fun if you try to speedrun it though

This. DE sucked the fun out with
>muh storyline
I endured the circlejerk but only because I knew a powerfully customized metroidvania that complemented my playstyle was on the other side. If you know what you're doing by the time you reach midgame you are a god, and it's fun to feel powerful while you unlock everything else. Good pacing, good mechanics, good music, heavy handed storyline. Would recommend.

OP here, my thoughts exactly. I finished this game first 2 days ago and just ended my third playthrough. I love this game to death.

Whats wrong with the DE?
I feel like they fix most irritations I had with the vanilla version

Unskippable video sequences that were meant to evoke emotional responses that were better suited to the subtle implications in the original.

what did DE changed?

it was a solid 9/10 for me, but I have some problems with it
>combat feels more like a shootemup than a metroidvania, all you really do is spam the X button whilst dodging enemy attacks
>the story is just your average melodramatic shit, I really don't see why it gets praised so much
>definitive edition is pure bullshit. backtracking is a nescessary feature the game needs, it's not fair to make me have to buy the game again just to get it.
overall though, it was a really good game, and my personal GOTY

>subtle implications in the original.
such as?
the only new scenes I've encountered where the back story ones for the Mom thing
I dont think anything was particularly subtle in any version

>Axiom Verge
>literally a Metroid NES with a different protag
>good at all

Added 2 new areas, Dash and Light Burst abilities, A couple new soundtracks, Warping between save stations, and concept art.

Just play Salt and Sanctuary instead.

It's way better.

>he doesn't play nightmare difficulty no upgrades

I got the Definitive Edition in the Xbox Black Friday sale

Stunning game graphically, I'll play more of it