PC Build

I've finally decided to give PC a shot since I'm getting a bit bored with console gaming. Started throwing together parts that seem to be compatible with each other but the motherboard I'd chosen is hard to come by apperantly. Switched to this one but I don't know how I feel getting something with ''Gaming" in its name.

Suggestions? Did I fuck up terribly?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/dgBmm8
amazon.com/SanDisk-480GB-SDSSDA-480G-G26-Newest-Version/dp/B01F9G46Q8/
pcpartpicker.com/user/Fatehehhhh/saved/#view=YGBcf7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Forgot link

pcpartpicker.com/list/dgBmm8

Looks pretty good op I'd get a overclockable cpu though. Not sure if that specific mb will support it though

Well this would be my first build so I wasn't planning on overclocking anything.

>120 GB SSD
>$45

do yourself a favor and spend an extra $55 to get 4x the memory

amazon.com/SanDisk-480GB-SDSSDA-480G-G26-Newest-Version/dp/B01F9G46Q8/

Hmm will you be playing in 1080p only?

Id probably go with an 8gb 480 over the 1060 and you'll certainly want more memory. Aside from that good build op

That does make sense..

Should I be aiming higher for my first build?

That was my first choice. The 1060 was a recommendation.

Spending imaginary money building an imaginary pc is so fun. It beats gaming by far.

>No HDD
Why?

Get at least 250 GB for your SSD.

The rest looks fine, though I'd personally go for a 1070 or AMD equivalent. I haven't checked 1060 benchmarks so it may be ok.

You're gonna need a much bigger hard drive than that. I'd honestly just go with a 1TB or bigger. Also, like said I'd get the 480

>AMD equivalent
There isn't one

Ah, I have a 1 TB HDD laying around. I was gonna drop that in after.

>650W

That seems like a bit much, did you use a power supply calculator?

There was a 550W psu, but it cost more than this one. PC hardware prices are weird. Went with this since its cheaper.

Then again, I didn't really put much effort in looking for all the right pieces.

>120gig SSD
lmao, I have a 250 and it's not enough. Windows is gonna eat that sucker up and you won't have any room for your games. Games are hitting 30gigs on average per install with some of them closer to 50. Need to be aiming for 500gigs with 1TB external HDD.

>1060
Get a 1070. You'll be good for a while. Pointless to get a 1060 when it's being pushed to the limit already. 1070 will last you a bit longer (a year or so).

>20" monitor.
Dude no. 24". I know you are on a budget but for $30 more, you can get a decent 24".

Everything else is fine

>finally bought my own PC
It's potato-tier, but I'm still happy with it, especially since it ended up costing me ~$340 overall.

GOD DAMNIT I keep forgetting to put shit in my posts.
pcpartpicker.com/user/Fatehehhhh/saved/#view=YGBcf7

pretty good, actually

you made the perfect choice on GPU and CPU for your budget

you're gonna want either a 500gb SSD or a 250gb SSD and a 1TB HDD pair. 120gb is nothing and much of it will be consumed by your OS

>20" monitor.
>Dude no. 24". I know you are on a budget but for $30 more, you can get a decent 24".
But that has 1920x1080 instead of 1600x900, which kills performance of that box.

>20" monitor.
>Dude no. 24". I know you are on a budget but for $30 more, you can get a decent 24".

Define "decent".

Was me. I was thinking of getting that SDD just for the OS, but maybe I will get a bigger one on top of that HDD..

I have $1200 to drop freely on this but I don't want to go overboard. That said though would it be a good idea to dish out that extra $100 or so for something better than a 1060?

meant to be @

if you intend to upgrade over a 1060, get a 1070. they go for $350 now, yeah?

1070 is the end-all be-all card for 1080p

this is not a particularly useful benchmark, as the 1060 is not even shown. In addition, if you're aiming for 1080p/60fps, this shows that the 1070 is clearly overkill