Well Sup Forums?

Well Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Ninouh90/media
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who is this person

he's not wrong, unless we're talking about chess or civ or something.

>Likes: 5
don't try and promote your own twitter on Sup Forums, retardo

As much as I love JRPGS, I kinda agree. Mainly because I feel like if you're going to have turn based combat in an RPG, you need to have the complexity to justify it. The main problem is that most RPGs are super simple and it turns into you mashing one button for the majority of the game.

Nope those games too. Can't let any of the filth sully our hobby.

Literally who?

Also it's dumb to make such nonspecific statements

He looks like a tasteless faggot.

>tfw too intelligent for real-time combat

who?

What a tasteless fag
I'm hyped as fuck for XV but I still love turnbased games

L I T E R A L L Y
I
T
E
R
A
L
Y
W H O
H
O

Real time turned based combat like FF12 should be the norm, action rpgs aren't rpgs.

this man has the absolute most plebeian of taste and should be disregarded

There are no good modern turn based games that aren't modified for babbys

Who?

What game?

daily reminder that megadimension neptunia was the best jrpg of the year

But Darkest Dungeon is one of the best games of the year

God I hope he bought the super mega fuck you overpriced edition of that piece of shit.

He's not wrong.

Dominions IV

Not until we get true FF5 & FF6 remakes.
>inb4 the mobile "remakes"

are you implying ff15 isn't modified for babbies?

There is room for both real time and turn based. Both have pros and cons and are enjoyable.

>First RPG was PSO

Completely ruined me on turn-based RPGs. Only Final Fantasy game I've ever enjoyed and completed was tactics.

>Turn based
>enjoyable
absolutely not.

That salty about xcom, huh?

OP

>Greatest game of the year
A low bar already and still unlikely to happen
>turn-based gameplay should die in a fire
Different strokes for different folks, I prefer real time combat but I can still enjoy a turn based game.

fuck turdbased shitcombat
i only play live action games

my webm clearly illustrates the depth and engadgement in real aciton combat

You're opinion is perfectly fine and you're allowed to enjoy and dislike whatever you want.

Turn based is fine. The people who dislike it can't do anything more complicated than mash X. FFXV is perfect for them.

Faggot response

I beat FF7 and FF10. I thought they were okay, but I would've like action oriented combat rather than that shitty turn based one that ruins more than it helps.

im afraid shit taste is an incurable disease

>Xcom without turn based combat
>Wasteland/Jagged alliance without turned based combat
>CRPGs without turn based combat

Absolutely disgusting.

>Not enjoying both forms of combat
There's a time and place for both. Action combat can't be trusted with most devs though and turn based combat is considered archaic for some retarded reason by normalfags or underaged faggots.

>he's not wrong, unless
You are an idiot of equal measures.

I would suggest something better like Skies of Arcadia, you'd probably enjoy that more. 7 and 10 were trash, even older Final Fantasy games put them to shame.

Shut the fuck up Jimmy.

Then heed your own advice and remove yourself.

>real aciton combat
DAT ACITON THO!

>the people who hate turn-based combat also hate fighting games

i dont fucking get it

xcom and jagged alliance will just turn into generic cover shooters.
wasteland will just be a generic FPS

CRPGs will just be diablo

He's right, JRPGs are shit.

But SMT is the best series of all time.

wtf? I hate turnbased games now

>Different strokes for different folks, I prefer real time combat but I can still enjoy a turn based game.
It is people like you who give polarised extremism a bad name.
Proceed.

literally who

>Shilling your own twitter
>On Sup Forums of all places
Disgusting

>greatest game of the year
>16th highest rated game this year

okay.

Because normies love set pieces and poorly recycled bamham combat. These two things are not inheirently bad but companies constantly shoving it down their throats made them think it was the pinnacle of gameplay to wait and press (x) to counter

What game is he even talking about

>Golden Mean Meme
Stop

I personally like turn based. And honestly, simpler mechanics are harder to fuck up. Trying to make every part of your game include some brand new "revolutionary" new thing often ends in an overall dip in quality. Devs need to focus on the important stuff

FFXV

>FFXV
>GOTY
>Good

Well makes sense, I've only ever seen idiots complain about turn based

Nobody even uses turn based combat anymore aside very few exceptions like Pokémon, DQ and Persona.

twitter.com/Ninouh90/media

You should die in a fire you nip faggot. Your game is shit.

>real-time combat chess

would be highly chaotic.

>OP is an actual nigger

As expected

>Xcom without turn based combat
>What is Apocalypse

Though it wouldn't work unless they have the same level of complexity with building destruction and the like.

Hmmmm.

Not shown here is you have to get a very specific character build drink a specific concoction of potions and then somehow manage to land whirl on Eredin near a corner without him teleporting away.

Action is better when it is done like Monster hunter, but 95% of games is """""action""""".

Turn based games have far more enjoyable combat than any action game usually provides

Turn-based gameplay can be awful or fantastic, just like anything else. All depends on how its done.

With that said, FFXV's real-time combat is awful, precisely because of how it was done.

>I don't like it so nobody is allowed to.
Simulation racing games are useless, please stop making them.

There are pros and cons of both turn-based and action combat

poor little white boy

>Seconds before he was Culturally Enriched about how superior wrpgs are

Turn based combat should die if its retardedly easy, like a lot of old Final Fantasy games.

Waiting to just hit Attack, because 99% of enemies are neutral to both magic and physical damage, and Attack doesn't use any resources like Magic does MP, is just stupid. Magic is very quickly made irrelevant in Final Fantasy games. One of the few exceptions was FFXIII, where there was on MP, and magic served a completely different and actually fucking useless purpose.

The token gimmick 'magic weak' enemies barely count, since there's only like 2 in a game, if you're lucky.

>I love to parrot memes and never played FF V or VI
>I don't understand the ATB system and set it to wait for my commands because I'm even more casual than the usual FFfag

How about taking turns porking your mom?

>xcom
>generic cover shooter

You rang?

>7 and 10 were trash

no they weren't. I love those games. 10 would've benefited from a more traditional world map/overworld though.

Ya'll are haters.

I guess he's right, if you are a normie and the only turn based games you know are FF games and other famous JRPGs.

>im retarded and limit my options by spamming attack
>im so autistic that I can't handle using a resource

Magic does more damage and can spread. Not saying its super deep but you're just parroting bullshit you've heard on Sup Forums a thousand times.

If he was really high-tier blackaboo, he'd wouldn't be saying this. He would've imported Persona 5 and wouldn't be saying that

nah he just a black man with too high amounts of niggertry

I actually heard this game wasn't complete garbage

I saw gameplay of it and it seemed pretty dull.

Could be ok i guess

It has some neat ideas here and there, but you aren't missing anything if you didn't play it.

It looked way better in the first trailers.

Turn based is a legitimate form of combat design and as such should be continued as long as the design remains fun and developers do their best to add their own unique spin to it.

Turn based games are inherently more strategic and therefore challenging. They do not rely on qte, reflexes or precision. You are so fucking wrong OP

It was originally going to be an FPS, right?

>FFXV actually turns out to be a huge success
>They sell 10 million copies and then some
>FFXVI and all subsequent titles become action combat oriented
Calling it now. And it will be an improvement too.

SMT IV Apocalypse was great though.

>I have not played a fun turn based combat game
>I have not seen what the medium has to offer
>I think every game is like final fantasy/pokemon where you just mash attack and grind up levels

>>FFXV actually turns out to be a huge success
>>They sell 10 million copies and then some
wew

Judging by the first trailer, yes it was. Also the enemies looked way cooler. Dunno what happened to cause such a drastic change mid-development, but I'm fairly sure it was why it turned out so... meh

not an argument.

>waiting for your turn like a cuck
Turn based combat fags everyone.

You mean the traditional RPG with your characters on one side and the enemy on the other? Yeah, fuck that. Beat-em-ups died because 3D action games came into being, turn based combat should have died the second games like Dragon's Dogma were created.

Keep turn-based strategy games for stuff like FFT and FE though. You know, games with positioning, strategy, etc.

Watch it happen. It's a year of miracles. Trump got elected and nobody thought it would be possible, all we have to do is meme hard enough.

It's a Mass Effect clone set on 1960s Earth instead of outer space.

That's not an exaggeration either, almost all the major gameplay mechanics are identical, right down to picking two squadmates (that you can give orders to) to join you on each mission and having technology that grants you blue telekinesis abilities.

Play SMT. Specifically Strange Journey.

>Ninouh

fuck off

Dragon's Dogma is a fucking piece of shit, though.