Wah they shafted nomura!!1

>wah they shafted nomura!!1
Not only did they not shaft Nomura, he sat down with Tabata to make sure it was still in the same direction he wanted it to be in, and his name is on the fucking title screen. Like, It's the first name you see in the god damn game.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_video_games
youtube.com/watch?v=99GyJZ3EjXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Main Character Design: Tetsuya Nomura
So? That's not a directors position

>main characte design
That's all Tabata took from him. Nothing of Versus remains and the trailers even for FFXV that Nomura directed have zero to do with the final product.

Tabata even removed things we saw in his trailers for the game. It's a blunder.

i have no idea why tabata cut so much shit

like, the story was done. what the fuck was the point of changing so much shit.

i'd really like to hear the plan from nomura, maybe even see a versus XV from him that was the original design for the game

>maybe even see a versus XV from him that was the original design for the game

Be careful what you ask for.

I keep seeing these getting discussed, you guys need to know:

Mr. Tabata stuck to Mr. Nomura's design for Final Fantasy XV pretty much to a T as it was during E3 2013. Kingsglaive, Luna, etc. All of these were decided while Nomura was still at the helm. Probably the only things that were "cut" were CGI parts by Nomura that were translated to in-game footage anyway, and things from the Versus XIII days that were cut by Nomura for the transition to XV. The project was handed off to Tabata so that Nomura could devote himself to Kingdom Hearts III, as well as the fact that Tabata had worked closely with him in the past on projects such as Crisis Core so it was a matter of putting his faith in Tabata. I believe it payed off. Probably the only thing Nomura is guilty of is not publicly talking about these things, he gets incredibly wrapped up in perfecting his own projects and handing XV to Tabata (whom he believed to be in good hands, as do I) allowed him to devote everything to KHIII (and now FF7R.) There is no bad blood between the two, they're simply bad at communicating this to the public.

Any other questions related to this I'd be happy to answer.

From what I've read and know about those two, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

>Main character designer
That's appropriate because that's what's left of Versus XIII in XV.

not if is to be believed

DLC

>Stella is not a romantic interest at all and you'll eventually have to fight her
>Luna is your literal soulmate and doesn't do anything important
Fuck Tabata.

Have you considered killing yourself you false flagging liar?

Reminder that Nomura was too emotionally attached to the project and too much of a visionary and the game never would have come out under him.

>Originally wrote the story for three separate games
>At one point wanted to turn it into a musical
>pushed it back an entire console generation because he wasn't content with the overworld fps
>Everything he released were just glorified tech demos

Tabata saved the project if anything.

>believing a random tripfag on Sup Forums
You are a moron.

How about you get cancer and die you shitposting tripshitter?

And yet they changed the story multiple times since then and Tabata changed his mind about keeping the same vision in less than a year

Yeah i don't really mind, because had Nomura not been kicked off KH3 wouldn't happen this gen

>At one point wanted to turn it into a musical
I swear Sup Forums is too autistic to do any inference

Even if it was probably just a joke, i'd rather have the whole V13 trilogy as a musical than the frankenstein monster + movie of XV that we have now

They shafted Nomura and put him in the director seat of FF7R because the higher ups thought that FFXV was doomed.
I see no other reason why they started development of the "smash in case of panic" remake unless shit was really fucked internally.

The musical thing was a joke you dumb shitposter.

Nah because they wanted XV released quickly while Nomura was waiting till the end of the gen

This, seriously this.
This is pretty much what I personally believe.

I don't think Versus was a mess mind you, just that executives thought it was.
So they took their handheld/mobile guy that's basically their go-to "take the pieces and kitbash something out of them for quick buck" and handed Versus to him.

Nomura LITERALLY said he LITERALLY didn't even know he was the director until the internal meeting where they showed first trailer and his name came up as the director.

>people seriously don't believe that Squeenix is fucked internally
Nomura fuming with rage
Tabata and Nomura on bad terms ever since Nomura got taken off the project
The entire 4.0 fiasco (FF14 1.0 which got a 4/10 reviews) where literally all other divisions were pulled to help fix that shitshow, including Nomura's Versus team.
Setsuna of Snow and Sacrifice bombing, the Handheld division being completely closed and staff moved to the Mobile division.

And you people wonder why the fuck they pulled the Get out of Jail Free Card that is FF7Remake? At maximum profit by splitting it into parts at that? FF7R has always been their Panic Button in case of shit going down.
Lo and behold, they pushed it. It means that shit was indeed going down internally.

In other news, Sakaguchi opened a new studio in Tokyo and is currently working on 3 new games. One is a home console high budget version of Terra Battle. Other is some joint developed game between Mistwalker and Silicon Studio (Bravely Default devs). And the last one is yet unannounced AAA game for home consoles, with Matsuno being responsible for the art and Uematsu for the music.
Oh and yeah all that without begging for Kikescammer donation money like all the other has-beens.

We live in an age where Sakaguchi's grand victory comeback is way more believeable than Squeenix not fucking up.
Let that sink in.

>This is what Nomura drones want you to believe

No, he really is that crazy. Not that that's a bad thing, but he needs someone to reel him back in when he goes to far. If you let him have his way you get clusterfucks like Versus XIII as vaporware because it doesn't meet his unreasonably high personal expectations and the clusterfuck that is the modern KH story.

>Tabata and Nomura on bad terms ever since Nomura got taken off the project
This makes me sad
Tabata seems to be trying his hardest with what he was given

>In other news, Sakaguchi opened a new studio in Tokyo and is currently working on 3 new games. One is a home console high budget version of Terra Battle. Other is some joint developed game between Mistwalker and Silicon Studio (Bravely Default devs). And the last one is yet unannounced AAA game for home consoles, with Matsuno being responsible for the art and Uematsu for the music.
That's good news indeed
But I don't thnk it's truly an AAA game, Mistwalker it's a starving studio

Something along those lines, Tabatas team changed way too much since 2013 and something has to be wrong since Nomura never even mentioned XV since then and we barely saw him to begin with

Mistwalker isn't starving ever since Terra Battle made gorillions.
That's where Sakaguchi got his budget to begin with.
He wasn't begging for scraps like everyone else were, he made a mobile game to fund future projects.
Also he supposedly secured investors to fund him now.
He'll have two studios now, Mistwalker and the Tokyo one which is (I shit you not) called Dawnwalker.

Sakaguchi is a hack and will never make anything new that's not a throw away mobile game.

>The original Final Fantasy was just a Dragon Quest rip off
>He made Final Fantasy II, one of the most universally panned entries in the series
>He made Spirits Within, which almost killed Square and forced them to merge with Enix
>The series didn't become the huge powerhouse it did until he stopped directing at VI

Here you are now the captain of the ship.
You and your team never worked on something of this scale before.
Here are are concepts and ideas of the previous director.
You are now in charge of a main title of our most important franchise.
You have 2 years to shit out something and you are going to have to appear in every single press event.
Good fucking luck.

What's Terra Battle? Mobage?

>Terra Battle made gorillions
The free game?

Shitpost.jpg
FF and DQ started development equally and came out more or less at the same time.
Both companies literally went on record to say they treated eachother as rivals and even borrowed concept from eachother.
FF2 being mad is a meme, you clearly never played it. It also was popular enough to spawn a whole fucking sub-franchise out of it (SaGa games).
Spirits Within is the only thing that Sakaguchi fucked up at and he didn't even want to make the movie, the company did. Squaresoft wasn't privately owned, they weren't some indie studio. They were owned by investors and shareholders who ultimately had big say in what gets done. They wanted a movie, so Sakaguchi tried to make one even though he had 0 experience making movies.
Lo and behold the movie tanked because you put a guy with no experience at movies behind making one.

>>The series didn't become the huge powerhouse it did until he stopped directing at VI
FF and DQ have always been equally huge in Japan.
As I mentioned before, Square and Enix considered eachother rivals and their games were constantly trying to one up eachother and both were huge powerhouse franchises, always.

Your entire post is nothing but literally shitposting and lies.

Yep, a pretty good one but a mobage nonetheless.

>what is microtransactions
Mobile games are extremely lucrative.
Low dev cost, expensive microtransactions.

You'd be surprised at the cash Square is raising with all their mobage.
FFRK is having SIX fucking banners full of prize pulls, each of them costing almost a hundred bucks per draw.
FFBE is at a turning point where you MUST buy 5 star characters, 10 summon tickets costing almost a hundred bucks.
KHUx keeps getting new special boss events requiring ever stronger medals, the most notorious controversy so far being the drawing o Sephiroth as a ridiculously rare pull from the premium draw. Guess how much it costs to have a decent number of draws per purchase of jewel packs.
Mobius is the tamest of all at the moment, though they just release a new addition to the job system in which you can cosplay as Tidus and gain his sword, guess how much it costs.

Final Fantasy II is bad and the only good part about it is the thematic idea behind the "glitched" Ultima spell which comments on the game's progression system, which Sakaguchi got rid of in all later versions because it didn't fit "his vision", thus turning it into a generic mcguffin as he intended.

Final Fantasy is a strong series in Japan but was nowhere near the powerhouse that Dragon Quest was and still isn't to this day. Final Fantasy is bigger on a global scale because western audiences love it for some reason.

Sakaguchi is a fucking hack.

>second most profitable franchise in Japan right after DQ
>probably most profitable nowadays considering DQ hasn't made a new game in almost 10 years

>irrelevant
>hack
Stay deluded DQbaby.
Also your games are literally the CoD of JRPGs. Never have I seen a series more outdated and stale with 0 improvement in 20 years.

it says a lot that a programmer could say no to the director, refuse to do his job and shoehorn a ridiculous excuse about it, even going so far as to encrypt the fucking code just to spite Sakaguchi, who was left powerless and salty about the whole episode.

>Sakaguchi is a hack
>His games are popular "for some reason"
>Clearly not because they're good

He wasn't powerless, that's now how the story went.
Sakaguchi tells the guy he doesn't care about his excuse and he has to fix it.
Guy doesn't fix it.
Sakaguchi fires him and tries to fix it himself.
Turns out the guy obfuscated the entire code before they fired him and Gooch can't fix it.
So they ship the game as-is.

Then they recoded the entire game from scratch for the PS1 release and fixed it.

He's a deliberately shitposting and most likely also asshurt DQ fan.

I've never seen a Final Fantasy or JRPG promoted mainstream like this.

You clearly are underage then because FF7, FF10 and FF13 all had huge marketing.

>got his order outright refused, tried to fix it himself and it turned out he couldn't do shit about it
>not powerless

XV-kun is now roleplaying lol

7 is a given, but 10 and 13 were not pushed like this.

13 had a decent amount of push.

Powerless to fix, but not powerless to fire the guy and not powerless to rewrite the game from scratch to unfuck it.
Also knowing Sakaguchi I bet that if they didn't have deadlines to keep, he'd have rewritten the game back then already.

Sakaguchi can't touch anything AAA for the rest of his life. It's mobile games or maybe handhelds for him. He doesn't have the team or money.

13 had just a big of a push as 7
They were literally pushing it as if it was second coming of FF7.

>what is Lost Odyssey and Last Story
He does have the team and money now too.

>13 had just a big of a push as 7

No, it didn't. 7 was the equivalent of GTA or COD in terms of how mainstream it was.13 didn't come close to that.

When does PC version come out? I believe people can mod the boy band out and replace them with lolis from FFXIII etc.

that's the problem.
it's a huge project involving several people: character designers, composers, programmers, whatever.
then you have ONE guy, who can simply tell the director to fuck off and sabotage part of his project and you can't do anything about it unless you start rewriting again from scratch.
firing is easy, anyone can do it even the most spineless of managers. all they need is authorization from the company's upper management. now to undo this mess requires actual balls, which even Toriyama had more by sticking faithfully to his vision for an entire trilogy despite the whole world telling him to fuck off.

>FF2
>huge project
The dev team had 7 people back then.

>puts on a tripcode and calls himself a dev
and all the underaged on Sup Forums will fall for it and spread this misinformaiton

I doubt Square was comprised of 7 people, user.
A dev team isn't solely responsible for a project.

Square fucked themselves on this. They spread their company thin will all the rereleases, all the spin off games, and all the franchises they manage and trying to release so many each year. During the early days of Versus XIII, they were constantly pulling members of the team off to finish these other projects.

While in development of FFXIII, the new engine being designed was supposed to also accommodate Versus XIII but as FFXIII got bogged down in delays, they prioritized FFXIII and in doing so didn't add all the things Versus XIII would need to operate into the engine. Because of this and because the next gen consoles were coming out, they decided they'd now have to create an entirely new engine to develop Versus XIII.

Son, Square originally had only 2 employees. The founder (Miyamoto, not the Nintendo one) and the first (and also part time) employee - Sakaguchi who made two games - Death Trap and Death Trap 2.
Eventually they grew but in the NES era the team was incredibly small.

Doesn't matter what Sup Forums says. This game is gonna sell.

To illustrate my point, look how many games these dumbasses try to release every year.

It's insanity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_video_games

Squeenix is a huge corporation with thousands of employees, I hope you realize that.
But that's precisely why they're pulling the FF7R get out of jail card. Sustaining so many wages is just impossible unless your games sell gorillions to back that up.

>originally
Son, I thought we were talking about FF2.
I said a project involves several people, you said the dev team had 7 people, I said the company wasn't comprised solely of the dev team.

youtube.com/watch?v=99GyJZ3EjXQ

>there's now a live action drama

Jesus. the game isn't that important.

>live action
eww
it looks like these brats are trying to capture a pokemon. there's even an Ash among them.
then comes the bros but you can't see shit about them, they obviously had to cast the janitors and security guards to do it because they were cheaper, but couldn't show their faces because they didn't look like the characters at all.

Yeah and they are spread super thin. I don't know a lot of game companies that try to make this many games every year sans EA. Some context, in 2014, I counted about 20 games Square Released while EA released about 15. And EA is almost 8x the size of Square. Then you factor in the kind of resources required to make a mainline FF title and the entire situation seems completely untenable.

DQX came out in 2014 and DQXI is scheduled for 2017

>Son
it doesn't really work when you're both trying to condescend

Boy

mah boi

Read my post again, this time with comprehension. I said the series is stale and hasn't improved in 20 years, because that's 100% true. DQ3-8 are extremely similar and haven't tried to revolutionize themselves like FF did (for better or worse). FF is at least trying. DQ is the CoD of JRPGs. DQ10 is a Japan-only MMO which I don't really know much about granted, but DQ11 already looks like the same shit as 3-9 just with prettier graphics again.

Don't make me come up there and be a parent.

Sorry it's not 8x but a little more than 2x the size. Still you get my point.

I was just responding to
>hasn't made a new game in almost 10 years

Oh that, yeah I dun goofed and didn't count DQ10.

>Nomura LITERALLY said he LITERALLY didn't even know he was the director until the internal meeting where they showed first trailer and his name came up as the director.
Reminds me of that one greentext. I wish I saved it, it was funny as fuck

>and things from the Versus XIII days that were cut by Nomura for the transition to XV
Why they were cut?

What about the 2013 Altissia invasion? Why it was cut? Was it only CGI? Why you guys added the UI over it then? Don't you consider that false advertising? Answer all my question, please.

are you for real

>tfw playing Lost Odyssey for the first time this week
this is the best Final Fantasy game since 6

>since 6
7 and 9 are better than Lost Odyssey but it's still extremely good.

the thing though is they marketed this game to be

>A Final Fantasy for Fans and First-Timers

but the thing is, they focused on the "First-Timers" too much, imo, and they used the hype from versus xiii

no one would like a hamlet-like plot because that wouldn't appeal to "first-timers", so what did they do? let's move nomura elsewhere, let's go open-world, remove the hamlet-like plot no one would relate to that shit, and let's put camping, cooking, fishing, all that shit

oh wait, what else do first-timers like? let's put a stealth level since people like MGS, oh, and since they also like horror games, why not put a couple jumpscares? now let's make it pretty!

oh, but let's not forget the fans! let's put chocobos, moogles, and summons, but they're useless, but hey! summons! don't forget an airship (thatyoucanonlygetpostgamebutshhdon'ttellthem)!

If they had a single final fantasy to appeal to fans and first-timers, I wish they would have left that to FFVIIR - you can't go wrong with FFVII for fans, and i have no doubt the newbies would love it as it's a classic and they're aware of its impact so they'll be curious what it's about, and just left versus xiii alone, probably released it years go instead of what we have now.

then agni's philosophy would be a good game to bear the FFXV title.

>Was it only CGI?
Isn't it obvious? The invasion is still there but executed different for some reason

I want the squaredev guy telling me it was false advertising.