Our governments have limited power by design

Our governments have limited power by design.

>jc goes on and on about how good democracy is

>pick the end where he becomes the man machine god of mankind

it was the only ending that wouldn't complete fuck the world.

The devs consider the illuminati end to be the good one

What a shame.

Human Beings realized quickly that they were not fit to govern themselves. This is why you created rudimentary systems in which to regulate- yes, an industrial age machine.

RETOREEC! AND YEW BELEEV ET?

Pretty sure they said helios was

was that guy supposed to sound vaguely Australian?

>vaguely

Vaguely desu.

damn

>Good. We're getting closer. You may as well tell me. If I wanted to kill you, you'd already be dead

Jesus Christ, JC

EUluminati

Gunther's life was a hard one.

Albeit, a great deal was self inflicted. No matter his hardships, he wasn't a good person.

Based.

>finding a way on to the ship in the Chinese Canals that has a bunch of Napalm, Rockets and Plasma in it.

Half the fun of replaying this game is finding all the ammo caches. In my present playthrough I have lot more plasma ammo than supposedly common 30.06

We're police!

up yours, paul

same thing with the chinese police station

>kill Chow immediately most playthroughs
>decide once to humor her
>leads me to the police station vault
>there's a shit ton of weapons and ammo down there

started this game today since people told me that I would love it since I love Vampire Bloodlines. Couldnt even finish the first statue mission, game is cluncky as hell, enemies AI is shit and aiming and shooting too.

VTMB has literally the same aiming mechanics

maybe, but it stands against everything that JC believes.

Melee and magic is way better tho.

So does the Helios end, arguably.

>Europe who is so afraid of strong governments, now has no government at all!
Could Deux Ex be the magnum opus of video games?

>magic is way better tho.

I guess I can't disagree with that.

Melee is pretty good in Deus Ex though.
Really get into the game and start getting augs, you'll be a speed demo with super strength, health regeneration, bullet resistance and wielding a laser sword

The game's political foresight is astounding.

Wtf

inb4 hurf durf books already said that shit long ago

There's a glitch that allows you to carry weapons over to a new game

He doesn't just say Europe pretty sure he says the West

>people can stand to side with Everett after seeing what a massive cocksucker he is.

It didn't predict the US causing the destabilization in the Middle East that led to the refugee crisis that destabilized Europe.

That's because the us was already doing it before the game was made.

>The ending in which JC enacts a system of infallible, worldwide direct democracy

Yes? And?

go back to sleep mistah debears

>Extremely cordial during the tutorial
>Friendly to you, if you don't fuck him over in various ways
>Completely loses it when you kill Anna
>You're a traitor in his eyes
>Tracks you down through China and Paris
>Killed in a few seconds flat because you made friends with Jaime Reyes better than he did

lmao

That applies to Anna Navarre, but I don't know of anything that Gunther supposedly did that was illegal.

gunther was just as ruthless in every opportunity we see him in, he was just generally more polite.

I mean, he does have a higher kill count than she does.

He was ruthless, but only in circumstances where it was appropriate. He's never described to kill prisoners or to have done anything wrong so to speak. Probably had a higher kill count because he got his start in the military, while Anna started as a police officer.

ironically hes more human than any other mj12 cyborg or agent

if he was more ruthless than he is then the incident at the liberty island wouldve probably turned out different for him

Doesn't look nearly robotic enough.
In fact he mostly looks like that former MMA champion. The fuck was his name?

>What good's an honest soldier if he can be ordered to behave like a terrorist.

I had presumed gunther just bum-rushed a group of NSF unarmed. That's a good point though.
Really hard to take a 7ft tall cyborg prisoner.

>mech aug
>all she has is a discolored eye

I played this but stopped before getting to LaGuardia. Should I continue?

I really wish Paris was as flesh out as NYC and China were.

Why is every cunt in that game a bespectacled faggot?

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

The the parts after LaGuardia is where the game really begins to ramp up. I'd recommend playing further

China is my favorite part you should really try it through.

two words:
HELLA FUKKEN EP*C

>0001 STUPID, STUPID PASSWERD. ZAT DOOR SHOOD BE LOCKED!

These are neat.

How do you find Gunther's killswitch by the way? I just ended up killing him with the GEP gun in the cathedral.

But US goverment is effectively EU's goverment.
We just dont get to vote.

When you escape Unatco, you have to ask Jaime to stay there.
He'll show up later in Paris's downtown and give you Gunther's killphrase.

Huh, on all three of my playthroughs I send him to Hong Kong.

Tell Jamie to stay at UNATCO I think
Getting Anna's is trickier cause you have to hack two computers at certain times

Just her and Manderley's computers during the Unatco escape.

IIRC Alex tells you part of it, too.

I'm with UNATCO. Start talking.

Deus Ex is pretty much the only game I can think of with anti-globalist themes that aren't espoused by a straw-man villain.

Most of Deus Ex's globalist themes are somewhat independent of Page and Simons.

Those two never rant about much about single government unity, open boarders, single currency, etc, Globalism is a means to an end for them to control everything.

>tfw trying to replay this game again

forgot how much of a chore it is

Fuck off americlap. Just because your fat rolls spill over into Europe doesn't mean your power does.

you wouldn't want to sail across the ocean on a ship manned by everyday people you see on the street, so why would you want those same people to decide how a country is run?

I'm focusing on stealth, lockpicking and electronics with a lesser focus on pistols. Good build?

The game is super short if you want play it that way, though.

You can take two minutes to get to the top of the statue in the first level or take thirty minutes getting all the location EXP, freeing Gunther, killing or subduing the NSF terrorists.

I miss FEMAposting, it died too soon

That requires you to know all the routes though, I don't really remember much about the game, but I remember enough that I'm not having as much fun as I did the first time I played it.

It's solid.

The basic pistol is probably the best all-round weapons in the game. Just aim for the head.

If you grab the GEP gun and LAMs, you can save on lockpicks because you can blow most containers and doors open.

it predicted 9/11 tho

I DO NOT MOVE OUT OF THE WAY

Okay I'll keep playing. Just got to turn the water valve back on so they'll tell me where the mole people are.

Man, the Pistol is great. Shame it can't have a silencer.

(No, the Stealth Pistol is not the same thing.)

I always use the pistol skill glitch and the lockpick and electronic glitch

Pretty sure you can put a silencer on a standard pistol

>europoors getting this sphincter-shattered

>pistol skill glitch
I use that every time. I can't help it.
Not the other two, I don't even think I ever dip below 10 of each on a playthrough.

Multitools really aren't that usefull and you have the GEP gun for most locks.

>Even better than kings... Gods!

You can't, at least in vanilla Deus Ex.

Yeah you never run low but I love using the skill points saved to run around at Sanic speeds with a GEP

> speed aug + flamethrower

feels good

Damn. Thread's making me want to play Invisible War again
haven't played in over a year but finished DX again like 6 months ago

Why did Page work with Chow?

>tfw we're all already under the control of the globalists, and even if one exposed all the info about their agenda people would dismiss it as a dumb conspiracy theory because the media said so

rip humankind, all I hope is that this brings us closer to the space age after the fuckers have turned all of us into something similar to the hive from alpha centauri

Is invisible war even somewhat good?

Has anyone compiled all the various redpill dialogues and books in the game?

i.e. rockefeller mentions, the meme war book etc.

It's....okay. A lot of the ire comes from the fact that it's such a horrible let-down compared to the first one.