Can we actually have a logical discussion about this without just bandwagonning on the hate train

Can we actually have a logical discussion about this without just bandwagonning on the hate train
This actually looks really interesting and I'm personally happy that hey fixed many of the gripes people had with the game. Base building, better ui, algorithm revamp, automated mining, home planets. It looks pretty cool, almost makes me wan't to re-install and try it again.
youtube.com/watch?v=vpkXfzkmBVY

No.

It looks like shit, OP. There is no bandwagon, only the individualist collective

Lmao fuck off game is shit forever

If you own it, it's worth re-downloading and trying. Some of the features are pretty neat.

>Literal re ddit tier anger bandwaggon

they did not fix anything. they added useless houses.

Needs some direction like that in terraria.

Admittedly, this is a half step in the right direction.

literally give me my 60 dollars back. The game was trash

did they add multiplayer yet?
no? I think I'll pass

If it had shipped like this I probably would have given it a 7.5 instead of a 5.

hi op

no, you are gay.

Non shitposter here:

It's too little, too late and too unfocused.

The UI and inventory tweaks are great, should have been fixed earlier.

Base building and freighter are too basic to have an impact, and doesn't adress the main problems with the game. It's a unneeded adittion, one that clashes with the game's goal and direction. Why they decided this was worth expanding and not the basic exploring which is 90% of the game is a mystery to me.

This dlc makes it canon that they charged 60 bucks for an early access unfinished game.

Sorry newfag

Eventually it will be under 20$. It might even have something to do by then.

I can't wait to upgrade my inventory even more!

>asking for a logical discussion on Sup Forums
>about fucking no mans sky
come on now buddy we all know you just here but you need to go back

I'm not even OP, newfag

>worthless feature in a worthless game

Yep that's about right

you still defended no man's sky. Only a newfag would defend a game that literally had about .5% of everything that was shown in it

But why? The planets are boring as fuck.

I'm not defending anything, like I said newfag, I'm not even OP

I'm not OP either

>Can we actually have a logical discussion about this without just bandwagonning on the hate train

Sure, as soon as you can logically defend adding minecraft mode in a game that's all about flying around the galaxy. Yes, you can warp to your base, but then what? You build a big base for what? There's no "warring factions" to come and attack you. All this update shows is how utterly out of touch the developers are.

Yep. the lack of base building was the main problem with NMS, it's all fixed now. Yep, that happened.

where are the sandworms and desert planets?
where are the huge space battles between factions?

WHERE ARE THEY YOU LYING PIECE OF SHIT?!

How old are you. Only an underage would say newfag this often?

They are there, but the chances of seeing them are very small

I was a fool and got excited for this game. Marketing is an evil she wench.

Call me when they dedicate a patch to performance and optimization.

It's shit.

Does Barbara have a dick in this image?

This is exactly what happened with Starbound. Do not be fooled. It is a too little too late situation.

hahahaha, love this.

Remember that guy that paid 1300 bucks for this game like 3 days early? Lmao

>game is based on the unity engine
>think they can improve performance over time

I'm sorry

Just ask your mom to buy you a new game OP, you don't need to keep playing it.

It's actually much better, this is what they improved
>CPU usage
>Added SLI
>Fixed framerate drops
>Fixed low framerate in "loading screens"
Still can't run it on a toaster but it's better

it's a custom C/C++/OpenGL engine you cuck. Unity is shit though, agreed. the only Unity games with acceptable performance are Firewatch (as of the latest patch) and Among the Sleep, afaik.

that guy commited suicide

At least he's not a coward

>you know that procedural generated planet that you'l never visit again
Well how about now, you can build a house on that

btw did they add portals to other planets?

Those already existed, you just have to find the correct atlas shrine and bring it what it wants

So did they fix the plethora of cut content in that one Reddit post?

Can we see people this time?

>implying you have any friends to see

No. But it added a barebones base building mechanic nobody wanted and fixed some issues with the inventory management that are pretty useful and make the game better but could have been patched in a week.

>what are servers
You don't need friends to see people in a MMO

But the bandwagon jumping back on is even worse.

Sorry user but if the devs lied about what the game would be like in release I can't really muster up any hope that the "We'll make it better we promise" updates until it makes some drastic changes.

Until then I'd probably have more fun with just about every other randomly generated exploration survival game on Steam.

The building mechanic added to No Mans Sky is about as pointless as the workshop mechanic in Fallout 4 in that there is no point to building an awesome base when you are the only one who is ever going to see it.

They got shit backwards, the game would benefit if it was more focused on space combat, and maybe some ground vs air combat rather than the ridiculous focus on gathering resources over and over.

fuck off with this fucking mindset

perhaps you'd do it because you find it enjoyable? and not to seek validation from others?

He's got a point.

Why bother when every other fucking "survival" game does it better and has multiplayer? There's just no point.

Games with high creativity and are completely non-social are trash. As another user said, these devs are completely out of touch.

She is getting fucked by her dad

>Game focused on being constantly on the move
>Ships with a embarassing lack of promised features
>First big update after the shitstorm is a base building mechanic
>In a game about being constantl on the move and exploring

And this is what happens when you go from developing Joe Danger to "AAA" smoke and mirrors