Why do korean/chinese animu games give you such over the top looking weapons and gear?

Why do korean/chinese animu games give you such over the top looking weapons and gear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it looks cool

If you're going to grind days and years or pay out the ass for it, it might as well feel worth it once all is said and done.

A shitty ass generic longsword doesn't really feel special

No it doesn't, it looks stupid. See this? This looks cool.

dunno m8

I kinda like the stained glass motif.

Rule of cool > Realism

I really wish western devs would remember this

that looks generic

This. How would you feel if you spend 2 months grinding ingredients or bosses just to get a shitty sword that only looks like a higher res version of a starter weap?

Its to cover up how shitty the animations and combat actually is.

this, and paladins are for closet gays anyway

That nu-male crap looks cool to you?

because it looks EXPENSIVE. i need to show off that my penis is bigger than your. and i can't do it with a shitty iron sword.

Looks like a boring if a little stylish mid game gear

>smelly god fearing paladin tryna push his tastes on others

typical

>rule of cool
>good thing
look at this faggot

hahaha GAYYYYYYYY

Nice opinion, broski

Penis envy

Cash grab. All that ridiculous shit exists to entice irresponsible 9-24 year olds into spending their or their parents money on gear you can only through microtransactions

The only japanese game that does over the top weapons and armor right is Monster Hunter. Though this is from the chinese MMO

There's a balance I think many games miss the mark on. You get a bunch of dumb wacky things in Eastern games to the point where it all just drowns itself out, and Western games are so focused on shoving dirt on everything for the sake of being realistic that they end up being boring and drab looking.

how is that any different from your OP pic?

because bright flashy stuff makes koreans/asians see their character better

Something about how chinks and gooks like things to be flashy and obnoxious so they stand out from the crowd, the nips realize this so make gaudy ugly shit to sell to them

/r/ing that autistic super duper glowing dildo keyblade image

Armor is nice
Sword is fine
Shield is meh
Guy looks gay as fuck

>opinions

?

they are marketed towards 11-15 year olds

BTFO
T
F
O

to compensate for the small asian pOnOs

>impractical garbage
>cool

choose1

because sinos have no sense of taste, decorum, or proportion, so they always take everything too far into utter tastelessness

>He doesn't want to wield the stain-glass magical ultimate shining radiant majestic double helix heaven rose blade

You're a fucking faggot OP, good lord.

Because shit like this looks cool if your 10

no the other one. It was glowing like a Christmas tree an had these autistic descriptions of what each color does

Midgame gear tends to look the best in these games. You've moved up from mass-produced stuff to custom mastercrafted equipment, but not glowing oversized spiky gear from hell yet.

What game is that anyway.

Jackie chan fights with impractical literal garbage, it's dumb but it looks cool.

Because it's cool. A better question is why so few animu games even attempt to give any sort of justification for why exactly a ragtag group of teenagers is able to attain cosmic power and wield weapons forged by the gods themselves. It's like it's just assumed that anyone can become a freakish demigod just by fighting random animals in the woods for long enough, but no one takes advantage of this law of nature except the protagonists.

>someone on Sup Forums posts a topical game image and doesn't even fucking say what it's from

For what purpose.

Nah jackie chan fights with whatever junk he finds lying around, like a ladder, a pool cue, and so on.

Part of what makes his fights entertaining is how he uses whatever he has on hand to fight

That's what i mean, he fights with whatever is around and most of the time those things are impractical but it's still cool. My point is, just because something is impractical doesn't mean it can't be used as an effective weapon, looking cool or not depends on how it's used.

using whatever is on hand to fight is the very definition of practical you tard

if he was trying to swordfight with that balloon animal shit from the op, that would be dumb and impractical

Tryhard shit to pander to the edgy crowd

By most standards the blade on that sword is still too big(if you're not familiar with actual swords, take a moment to look at the size of his fist gripping the sword and compare it to the size of the blade). In real life that'd be a very topheavy sword.

I have no idea, I screencapped a webm I saw here to reverse search the source of the game and never found it. I'm too lazy to find that webm so if you want, go onto the fireden archive and skim for posts made on August 24, 2016 some time before 4:00AM EST

Yeah, but it's the difference between fighting with something impractical in a practical way and fighting something needlessly impractical.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Why would you purposefully pick an impractical weapon like in the OP picture? Jackie's not fighting with a ladder because he chooses to, he's doing it because he has to.

>HERO! I'M GOD! HERE IS MY ULTIMATE WEAPON, USE IT TO DEFEAT THE EVIL
>You got [HOLY BALLON SWORD]!
>Nah, it's impractical, i'll use my iron sword i brought from that store, it makes more sense

Those impractical weapons are usually magical shit, it may be impractical, it may not be the weapon you would like to use but they are strong as fuck for some magical reason.

Because it looks awesome.
>muh realism
lol...

That gif doesn't even say what the original guy said. Lame.

Is there anyone who thinks Daedric Armor looks good? It looked like edgelord shit in Morrowind and Oblivion as well.