No Mans Sky update

Did it make the game any better?

I was interested in the concept of No Mans Sky, but after hearing about how it turned out to be a disaster not worth retail price I decided not to buy it. Saw it on sale for 20 bucks and still was against it because I heard how repetitive and broken the gameplay was.

However, I heard the new update is adding substantial content to it. Can anyone tell me if it has made the game considerably better? Like I said it's 20 dollars and I'm thinking about it. Is it worth it now or still a piece of garbage?

>Did it make the game any better?
No.

it was already a decent game, people are just butthurt because everyone loves a shitshow. 20 bucks is a fine deal. new patch will only improve it.

It's still not a great game but fuck dude it's just 20 bucks how can you be so fucking poor that you would pause over that level of investment

It's a "foundation" of things that should have been in the game from the beginning.

American consumers summed up in a single post

I'm a burger and you're both faggots.

I'm sorry, I should have said it's the worst fucking thing every because we're not allowed to have things be anything but perfect or godawful, and NMS is very clearly not perfect.

So it must be awful, you can't pay me to play it, there's no way anyone could ever glean a single ounce of enjoyment from any aspect of the game, let's set fire to the dev's studio while we're at it, fuck it all.

Am I fitting in properly now, faggot?

I'm not fucking poor you retard I just don't feel like spending money on some shitty product just because it's a deal, that's just stupid. I don't compulsively buy things without looking in to the product I'm buying.

It's not worth $20. It's really not.

Also no OP, it's still not good. they added the basics of base building but they still haven't added a core mechanic for doing everything. You still fly around gathering materials for the sake of doing so with no end goal or reason for doing so. Imagine if Minecraft had no Enderdragon of Terraria with no bosses at all.

If you're the kind of person who enjoys grinding in JRPGS more than playing the actual game you may like it.

>Minecraft had no Enderdragon
people literally played and enjoyed minecraft for YEARS before they added the End.

Video games cost money. Sure you can get enjoyment out of the game but why spend hard earned cash on something that's half done and lackluster?

With the quality we expect from games nowadays it is fair to trash on something that did not turn out as expected. Even if it's decent.

>20 bucks is a fine deal.
I can get really great gaems at 20 bucks. Like Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
As a free proof of concept demo on PSN that might have sailed, but 20 bucks? Or even 60? No.

But it was still done for it's own sake which was the largest failing of that game, plus that's when the game was in early access, NMS isn't.

no it's more the implication that $20 is jack shit for a game this mediocre-at-best

I play diablo which can be a grind but it's always rewarding. Sometimes I like games that are supposed to be a grind but only if you continuously get rewarded for it. Is No Man's Sky like that?

i would say the game is worth about $20, but nowhere near full price
it has quite abit to do in the new update, but if you don't already have it, i wouldn't bother. you're not missing out on much

I'm not defending NMS, the game is shit, I just think that's a dumb argument.

The goal in Minecraft is to build stuff. You mine rocks so you can use them in your castle. Building stuff feels fulfilling, so farming stuff feels fulfilling.

NMS doesn't really have that, even with "base building." You farm resources so you can farm more resources. Not fun, not engaging.

Where can you get this game for $20?

>Is No Man's Sky like that?

No.

this game would be perfect if it just had ambient occlusion (actual fucking shadows on grass and shit) and they removed the shitty fucking vignette filter covering the top half of the screen

i used to do both but now i cant figure out a way to force AO without fucking it up in other ways

why do these faggots have to have people shit on everything with post processing, then not even add the one fucking good post processing effect

what the fuck are you people even going on about its fucking $36 on steam and even more on g2a

I agree. You gather materials to upgrade your gear to make it easier to gather materials to upgrade your gear to make it easier to gather materials and upgrade your gear.

not all cash is hard earned

case in point, the game we're talking about

Looking around I see $25 before gamers club for PS4. GCU probably hits around there.

Lowest PC versionwas greenmangaming with a 10% coupon on top of the steam price.

Fuck. Ok not buying this game. Too bad I like the idea of space exploration. Maybe they should make a better fucking game next time

>Maybe they should make a better fucking game next time
there won't be a next time

at least i already pirated the last update lol

>le No man's sky is bad meme

Not even redditors are impressed by this anymore.

NMS wont be worth the money to me until its 10 dollars or cheaper. I pirated it and dropped it after roughly 10 hours and was very happy I hadn't invested in it at that stage.

Even at this new stage, what do you think its worth yourself?

Give me $20 user, it's a trifling amount of money you don't need.

Needs more content to be considered a game

desu i would have bought it at launch and not have regretted it if the dude didnt lie, i knew exactly what it would be, i was expecting a game just like this to come out pretty soon after fooling around in space engine and elite dangerous, but the guy lied out his ass to charge as much as possible to as many people as possible, to many more people than the amount of people who should be interested in a niche game like this, so i dont feel bad about pirating it