Dark souls in fun they said

>dark souls in fun they said
>you just need to git gud they said
>easily beat the enemies they want you to beat at the point you're at (skellies, trees, etc.)
>get rekt in at most two hits by enemies you're not """supposed""" to beat yet
>after ten minutes of walking through an area you've seen ten thousand times and beating the same little goons again you make it to a boss
>get rekt
>spend 10 minutes getting to it again
>get rekt
>finally beat boss
>get hehe humanity and a key to get rekt elsewhere
>no music whatsoever so you just listen to clink clink clink clink for hours
>no immersion into the world
>most stats and shit are never explained
>just dying after every minute mistake cuz git gud prepare to die lmao

What's so """fun""" about this game? I don't get it.

You missed step two.

>not supposed to beat

acquire proficiency

Dark Souls 2 is even worse.

It's not as bad as Op said, but i can't get into it neither
>inb4 git gud
i get the appeal of the game, i mean, level design is great, combat system is rewarding, and beating a boss is satysfying a lot.
But i can't enjoy it. It's just wander around, and meet a boss. Figure out how to deal with him, then wander again, figure out the other one, get lost, figure out how to kill another one, and so on.

lelelellele

>walk through half of undead burg to get to this guy
>kills you in one hit, maybe two if you have your shield up

How am I supposed to learn how to beat him if I get my shit kicked in after 2 seconds and have to spend 10 minutes getting to him again

More importantly what do you find fun about this game at all? The progression? The lifeless dark and green """environment"""?

How about you ignore him and come back later when you're more powerful since you're too bad to learn to parry now?

>It's just wander around, and meet a boss. Figure out how to deal with him, then wander again, figure out the other one, get lost, figure out how to kill another one, and so on.
What you just described has been videogames at a large since basically the first games

rule of thumb is clear out the enemies the first time through an area then just bumrush for every subsequent run throughs

I enjoy the git gud aspect honestly

>get absolutely destroyed
>destroy them back

>shield

A lot of people are going to say this is playing the game wrong. It's not "wrong", but it does teach bad habits. You are not meant to tank hits, maybe block one or two.

Keep an eye on your equipment load - the lower it is, the faster you are able to roll and at the lowest tier you recover endurance quicker. IIRC,

user you have a roll button. Also look at the weapon he is holding. That's like getting mad that a bullet-resistant vest didn't block a tank shell.

>mark
>strafe
>get to back
>back stab
>????
>profit

You don't need to be bad at video-games, user, you just have to try harder.

Also hereĀ“s a infographic I just shat out.
This is the problem for 90% of people who dislike Dark Souls and I initially hated it too until I "got it"

that was satyisfying, when he got me the first time i was scared as fuck and never went back.
After a while i killed a similar looking guy sitting behind a door, and only then i noticed it was him. Excellent leved design, and i really felt progression.

but it has nothing else to offer, just go around and find a way to kill the fucker that block your way by trial and error

I already beat the black knights by parrying, but
>I get my shit kicked in after 2 seconds and have to spend 10 minutes getting to him again
That doesn't leave you a lot of opportunity to learn to time yourself

But it's just an example of what pisses me off about the design, don't get too hung up on it

Yeah, I discovered what equip load really meant recently while fighting the moonlight butterfly as a melee str knight. I never really rolled cause it took 10 seconds and left you wide open.
Is it worth it to boost my endurance to get more equip load? And should I ditch elite knight/eastern armor entirely because of their weight? Cause right now I have 52 equip load, which means 13 if I want to be lightest. That's barely a halberd and a shield.

I can appreciate the difficulty but sometimes it leaves the "hard but fair" territory and just pisses me off. I know I'm not all that good but it barely leaves you an opportunity to train and grow

use a shield and spear then, fucking bitch ass nigger pussy

how did dark souls become so mainstream? i imagine most normal people are like OP and would hate it.

i stopped playing after coming out of the sewers, beaten the cute-belly and wandered around the underground swamp.
I didn't wanted to look on the internet how to fight the ghosts that are immune, but didn't had the will to figure it out on my own.
I have still the fun ahead, or it's just not my game?

>it barely leaves you an opportunity to train and grow

thats what they were going for, the entire game you are going to feel like you are just not quite there yet and never get complacent.

right now it feels like bullshit (sometimes it is) but over time as you play the series more you will realize thats really the best part.

the best advice i can give you is to not quit, just keep trying you will improve it just comes with time, also try and analyze each death and try to work out why you died and how you could have stopped it.

>It's just wander around, and meet a boss. Figure out how to deal with him, then wander again, figure out the other one, get lost, figure out how to kill another one, and so on.
That sounds fantastic.

i'm another scrub that doesn't get it desu
mostly in the same boat as this guy
i like when you find interconnected areas, that's neat
beating bosses is satisfying when you actually invest into beating them, cuz most of the time getting to them is tedious and you have to try a shit ton of times to get how to beat them
at some point the effort is not worth the reward, i dont feel proud about beating them, or maybe i know sometimes it's almost entirely due to luck, and i lose interest

and to be honest exploration isnt all that great considering you get destroyed no matter where and the lack of music really sucks to me

He can literally die by falling down the stairs, how are you getting killed by him

Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm gonna pick it up again for sure but I'm missing part of the appeal that makes the game legendary in so many people's eyes.

Press the back button in the menu if you don't understand stats you shitter
Boss fights and some areas have music there isn't just no music
It's fun when you start getting better at the game

its not going to be legendary until after you've beaten it and realized how far you have come.

for instance going back to areas you had a hard time with only to find them a complete breeze.

also go on youtube and watch some lore videos immerse yourself into it and it gets a lot more enjoyable.

Pay attention to the bosses and enemies attack patterns instead of just trying to speed through them you attention deficit fuck.

interconnected levels
freedom of exploration
getting better and overcoming blockades
the unorthodox story telling
the desolate atmosphere
actually feels like a game

Just fucking dodge around a little bit, Jesus christ these games aren't fucking hard.

I beat DeS recently and thought it was bretty gud. How much harder is DaS? Will I like DaS or will I be like OP or some of the other anons who just can't get into it?

I got more frustrated at this game that any mega man game including spike levels
I still like it tho

It's not that much harder, if at all, the games get easier as you get more experience with them.

I personally struggled more with DeS because it was my first as well. DaS3 is objectively easier though for whatever reason.

DaS is even easier than DeS. It's the easiest in the series.

I say Dark Souls is slightly more difficult but it doesn't really matter. Your first Souls game will be the only hard one

das3 is way easier nigger

They're very similar games, if you like DeS then you'll like DaS. I think Dark Souls has even more to appreciate about it though, personally.

no more item load

it's harder for me, most of the bosses in DeS I could beat in one go but DaS gets progressively harder. it's probably because of how DeS is separated into worlds so if you can beat Allant, you can just steamroll through everything else

>but I'm missing part of the appeal that makes the game legendary in so many people's eyes.
they're all just merely okay, each one has a ton of shit massively wrong with it

Like what you scrub?

let's use the first one as an example, and use only the lowest hanging fruit
four kings
ceaseless discharge
bed of chaos

I liked Four Kings and Ceaseless Discharge

>How am I supposed to learn how to beat him if I get my shit kicked in after 2 seconds and have to spend 10 minutes getting to him again
I understand this complaint, to be fair, but you need a little autism to power through areas you know you can beat a bunch of times. Take it as a way to force you to make each encounter matter.

And stop playing with a shield, enemies are gonna destroy you at every point of the game.

kys nigger you suck at gaming, go back to your interactive movies.

This
The games are decent but not all that satisfying and are mostly autism simulators for guys who like to do the same thing over and over again, and youtubers with le epic death count in the corner omggggodooodoodd!

Figure out the playstyle you find effective. My first character was a turtle before I axed him. Then my second was agile with a strong shield before that one went away too. Finally parrying frames sort of clicked with me and soon Havel who used to be terrifying was made into a pansy.

Seriously though, figure out the parry point on whatever offhand you have. It makes certain fights terrifyingly pathetic. Plus you get his ring which makes things so much easier with dodging.

You're bad and it's frustrating you.

I used to be the same way and I called the games shit. Then I got good. Not a joke, it's the best advice you can get when it comes to Souls.

ok