This is an in-game screenshot of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pack: Blood & Wine

This is an in-game screenshot of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pack: Blood & Wine

Show me something from FFXV or a comparable open world game that looks 30% as good as this.

I'll wait.

Even by console game standards, I think FFXV looks really, really bad. To look like that and still run as bad as it does is kind of astonishing.

What the fuck is with the colors? Why is everything so fucking rainbow-y and hideously over-saturated?

Because in ye olde tymes, which I assume the Witcher is mimicking, dyes/paints were rare and expensive, so the wealthy would be gaudy as fuck. And of course everyone wants to be wealthy, or appear to be so, so they would follow suit.
It's just a huge clusterfuck of "I'm a fucking peacock, look at me"

Or maybe the town just really likes colors. I think it looks pretty good.

yeah it's done on purpose, supposed to evoke a fairy-tale esque feel, which is a big part of the expansion

also has a good explanation if you're an autistic headcanon type of guy. the base game and Hearts of Stone aren't that vivid.

>yeah it's done on purpose, supposed to evoke a fairy-tale esque feel, which is a big part of the expansion
Oh, if it's a stylistic thing for the sake of being fairy tale that's fine I guess. It's just it contrasted with most of the screenshots of the Witcher I've seen.

Done

Looks like Tallinn

>looks
Being the operative word.

How much of this is actually explorable?

All the colors remind me of barcelona

This looks terrible

all of it and much more besides

>posting a low settings over saturated screenshot of the witcher

>that yellow tint
>that oversaturation
Fixed it for you.

It's Toussaint. Known for knights and princesses and fairy tales and shit. The bright/warm colors are intentional.

wow that looks significantly better

sorry ffxv's not as stupidly colorful as witcher
it actually has art direction

Once I upgrade my PC next year I intend on making a SweetFX preset for the expansion to do that in real time because they seriously fuck up the color palette.

I know they went for the fairy tell look and it captures art of say Shrek perfectly but it still pisses me off greatly.
Not to mention that all golden age era Grimm and Disney 2D movies had realistic color palettes instead of the "modern" oversatured and tinted look like Shrek.

Only that one location is oversaturated with warm colors and it's deliberate, read the thread.
And see FF15 looks like utter shit.

wtf happen back?

>a bunch of trees
Sure showed us user

WHOA...

do I need glasses

Actually when you first start the B&W expansion the entire country(?) is referred to as a fairy tale setting from what I remember. The country is also huge into knights and chivalry, virtues, etc.

One of these is a:
>AAA title
>made with a 500m USD budget
>developed in 10 (real time) years
>released on the most powerful console in the market
>backed by a lot of companies in each country it was released due to marketing

The other is a WiiU game

>that LOD
Holy shit and I thought Fallout 4 was a sad joke for 2016 in terms of TECHNOLOGY.

green fields of fucking nothing: the game

i know its a meme to compare this to sonic 06 but this legitamately looks like soleanna and is the closest comparison lol

looks like vanilla skyrim for me

Good art requires good artists. Artstyle and framing will always beat le AAA cutting edge photorealism meme

>woah it turns out that a game running on PC on ultra looks better than a game running on a ps4
Who would've known?

That said, this user is a fucking retard: XCX may have decent art direction but it's technologically a joke. On top of barely ever reaching its target framerate of 30, the character models are PS2 tier trash with potato faces and the environments are hideous unless you view everything from a distance. Conveniently the cherrypicked screenshot of yours doesn't feature either of those.

On top of what you said, their image for FFXV is also out of date, but let's be honest, this is a shitposting thread and nobody is taking it seriously in the first place.

>good dolls

vs

>good world

mmmmmm

XCX has neither.

Made another small adjustment to it since I went overboard with reds in that one.

if you say.....

i recognise that gay blowjob

I really don't even know why they bothered uploading screenshots like these to their press site. Transparency in advertising, sure, but jesus fucking christ man

Nice time machine.

:^)

>those blatantly tessellated textures on the hillside
>the flat as fuck ground with nothing except insanely undetailed plants that just clip into the geometry because they're so lazily scattered
>the low poly rocks literally everywhere
Nice PS3 game you got there.

what do you consider good?? mgs5 is one of the best looking games I've played.

MGS5 is a literal PS3 game though so that's not an insult.
Considering it was made with PS3 in mind and started in development back when PS3 was still hot is testament to scalabiltiy of the engine.
MGS5 is also one of the very few games in existence with extremely realistic lighting.
The only other game I can praise for that is basically Arma 3.

Welcome to Square Enix, where they use a graphics engines that was never meant to be used for a huge open world but only for semi open areas or very linear games.

crysis

It was also released on the PS3 as well. I think you were implying that but Sup Forums is full of autists and autists cannot comprehend abstract so you have to spell it out for them

>testament to scalabiltiy of the engine.
No it's not.

It's testament to the fact that desert landscapes are easier to render because they compliment low geometry models and tesselation better than lush organic landscapes

Is there even anything else coming out soon? I have nothing else to play right now so I might pick this up regardless of how garbage it is because I've played all the mainline games.

this is literally what the south of france is like user

all of it

try running xenoblade at anything higher than that tiny resolution and brace yourself for the jaggies

>durrrr bright colors = better grafx

I bet you're one of those who think wind waker looks better than twilight princess

>bright colors

>blatantly ignoring the perfect AA, amazing detail on the castle from far away, 10/10 draw distance, peerless art direction, bustling town with NPC's up the wazoo

YEAH whatever japcuck

the twist is you can't actually jump over that railing

Those games are two completely different artistic styles. Wind Waker does what it attempted to do better more than Twilight Princess. The a brown and bloom is disgusting.

>two thousand sixteen
>ps2 games are still being produced

this isnt even funny user, its sad, don't make fun of it.
people have literally postponed suicide to play this fucking game.

boxes with textures = good graphics!

Wind waker has aged very very gracefully compared to TP

TP is definitely a relic of the mid to late 2000's era obsessed with brown + gray, and it suffers because of it. Both games were available on the same platform yet TP still looks like shit.

that AA, high detail at a distance, and draw distance sure don't hurt either

Sure, just wait for the PC version and you'll have a fair comparison. Now, if you'd compare the PS4 versions of both game, XV wins, as TW3 looks like shit on consoles.

Developers listened to all the people complaining about "brown and bloom" and now they've gone in the opposite direction.

I don't see what the problem is tee bee haitch

Meant to post that pic in response to OP.

do the trees and bushes even move with the wind?
you know... like in witcher 3

>do the trees and bushes even move with the wind?
>you know... like in witcher 3
Oh god, how I fucking hated that.
I don't know who gave the ok, but someone must have screwed up. Does Poland not know what a breeze is? It was always fucking gusts like a storm was about to hit, never just slightly moving in the wind and looking convincing...

is magic wind you double nigger