Which game is better? I can only pick one and never played this series before

Which game is better? I can only pick one and never played this series before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6yfVbVR6S40
youtube.com/watch?v=K6jxhgMteB4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bloodborne by a mile if you're just looking for a single player experience, the online is pretty sparse.

Bloodborne but the online is dead though

DS3 is the worst in the series. I've only played like an hour or 2 of bloodborne so I can't say much, but the bosses are fucking easy compared to the other games.

Go for BB because of the memes.

Also if you don't mind absurd frame rate drops on Bloodborne then go for it, but playing DS3 on the PC is a 10x better experience

Bloodborne by far. I played all three DaS games before picking up BB a couple weeks ago and BB is by far the best overall.

Unlike the other two anons I've found online quite active, especially if you ask around in /vg/. No one seems to invade, but there are always people to co-op with, it just takes a couple minutes sometimes.

Why do you have to choose from only those options?

i ordered a ps4 so itll be here soon but i dont plan to play online with the other games i got. didnt even order a psn card or whatever its called. so i was mainly interested in playing either of these games solo atm.

i want to focus on one of those games first and ive already spent alot of money on family and other things so far so i need to take it easy for now.

As much as I love DS3 (and I DO love DS3), it's easily BB. Especially since all of the lore and DS1 tie-ins are going to fly right over your head in DS3 anyway and BB is stand-alone. But besides that, BB has the best gameplay, best aesthetics, and best difficulty balance out of any of them. I like DS1 more, mostly because I'm a huge lorefag, but BB is a close second for me, maybe tied with Demon's Souls.

Yeah no, the bosses are some of the hardest in the series. The first few are pretty easy though, so it's like a regular game where it gets harder as you get farther

i like all of the Dark Souls games over Bloodborne any day, for the sole reason that the theme of medieval and fantasy magic is 10x more enjoyable, than the dumb bland colored gothic bloodborne style

DS3 frame rates make me cry, while BB was made to play on the PS4. Go for BB.

youtube.com/watch?v=6yfVbVR6S40

Yeah BB actually has a proper difficulty curve. Like in DS1, as overblown as I think the Capra Demon difficulty meme is, he's insanely harder than fucking Gaping Dragon, and that comes AFTER him. Souls has always had really challenging bosses and piss easy bosses seemingly interspersed at random, whereas at least BB's are (mostly) in ascending order of difficulty.

youtube.com/watch?v=K6jxhgMteB4
You can see how fluid this looks in comparison.

Bloodborne. Trust me. Join the hunt.

Bloodborne is way better
I love dark souls 3, I think it's a great game, but bloodborne might be the best game I've ever played

Never played bb but I've heard it's pretty good. Either get that or start from the first dark souls since it has the best singleplayer experiense by far. And allways start from the first one!

>Cleric Beast
>Father Gascoigne
>Vicar Amelia OR BSB OR Witch of Hemwick
>Darkbeast Paarl
>Shadows of Yharnam
>Rom
>etc

That's not even including the Chalice bosses. I dunno man, the difficulty curve is pretty fucked as well.

Bloodborne is absolutely better. Don't play Dark Souls three before you play these games.

Not that guy, but all of those bosses get continually harder until Rom where it becomes easy as fuck

Bloodborne is so fucking special. It was one of the best experiences I've had, and it literally made me start reading. Think about it, what other game is capable of straight up making you start reading books? I don't know what the fuck Hidetaka musta been smokin the night they came up with that shit but the game is straight up s p e c i a l

Anyone else dissapointed by Dark Souls armor? I get BB's theme and nothing is too much lacking but I kind of expected a little more out of dark souls armor. I kind of wanted to make a bronze age looking warrior since Dark Souls always felt more like an ancient mythology kind of game but everything looked more medieval to me, which well I am okay with playing as I kind of wish they had more pre-mediaeval looking armor/weapons

There is one meme that has been going on for years with bloodborne and souls games; the framerate problems

I have ( ( ( never ) ) ) encountered any

*any*

framerate problems that fucked with my gameplay experience in any souls game on my playstation 3 and 4. I had a framerate drop FOR 1 SECOND when I summoned 4 people for a fight club in DS3. If you're going to shill against from soft, at least use their actual weakpoints

You can be summoned and summon people throughout the entirety of Bloodborne still. I don't know what people mean when they say frame rate drops except for the Lecture Building room.

DS3 bunches up all the good bosses and areas near the end of the game so you have to suffer alot of shit for a decent pay off, while Blood borne is pretty consistent throughout.

Bloodborne by a long shot.

It's gonna ruin the feeling of Souls for you if you play it first though. Playing starting from DeS or at least DaS 1 would be ideal.

Bloodborne is overrated garbage, it is literally a dumbed down Dark Souls game that has 50% of its features removed. Don't waste your money, go for the proper Souls game.

Bloodborne, it's a no brainer.

Dark souls 1 vs Bloodborne is more difficult to choose, but with not dead online I'd say Das1 easily wins.

>difficulty curve
>in a souls game

I hope you guys are memeing because that's not necessarily a thing since the fact that you can usually control to some degree which bosses you approach first is taken into account when designing shit, obviously the last boss will be harder than the first, but the guys inbetween those? It's up in the air

BB > DaS = DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

All five are great, but I think BB is a notch above the rest and may be my favorite game of all time (pic related, my 3x3). Old Hunters is phenomenal, if you go with BB you absolutely 100% have to get it as well because it adds some of the very best content in the entire series.

Bloodborne

Not a big Bloodborne fan, but it is still one of the best games made in God knows how many years.

1.) Dark Souls

Between the level design, and memorable... basically everything, it is absolutely perfection. Can hardly single anything out since it all is stellar.

2.) Demon Souls

The OG. Still has charm and, while it is rough around the edges, still has more balls and ingenuity. This basically felt like the beta version of what would become Dark Souls, seeing as many of the areas and bosses carried over in spirit.

3. Dark Souls 3

Played it after Demon Souls and could definetely retrospectively see the influence BB had on it. Much faster, aggressive combat options which were fun, but sort of the antithesis of what its predecessors laid the foundation for. A bit too much fan service too IMO. Would have rathered some newer stuff. But still a blast. Nameless King, Abyss, the Twins, Dancer and Pontiff were some great bosses.

4.) Bloodborne

Again, might have been because I played this after Demon Souls, but I felt it sort of lost the foundation of the series. It is it's own series technically I understand, and I liked the change of pace, but was hoping for some of the original's mechanics.

The WORST thing about BB though was the environments. Everything dark. Environments all blend into eachother. No real interesting level design.

Havent plays Da2 yet.

the game you don't have to grind for healing items in, so dark souls 3
fuck bloodborne and anyone who defends that garbage

everybody who has actually played both will tell you bloodborne.

I didn't like either of them but Dark Souls 3 is pure shite while I can at least acknowledge Bloodborne as an objectively great game.

>I'm bad: the post
If you spend all your leftover echoes after doing everything else on Blood Vials, you'll never run out
Unless you're bad, of course

>dude if you waste all your echoes on blood vials you wont run out lmao
yeah nah kill yourself friend

>I don't play by the game's rules and got shit on, omg fuck this game!!!!
Get out casual shitter

>games rules = grinding for healing items or wasting all your echoes
thanks for admitting bloodborne is a bad game

good picks user

>Wasting all your echoes
Sounds to me like you skipped all the enemies if you didn't have enough echoes to level up, upgrade weapons, and stock up on blood vials.
smdh2u

Bloodborne will be the perfect test to tell whether or not you're into the Souls genre, it's easily the most polished in the series. However, it is also the easiest and most content deprived. I love Bloodborne and I hope you will too OP, going from Bloodborne to the main Souls games will probably be pretty jarring, but I do recommend playing Demon's Souls on PS3 if you own one. if not start with the original Dark Souls on whatever you can play it on.

>sounds to me like you didnt grind if you didnt have enough echoes to buy blood vials lmao
you're right i didn't

Does dark souls 1 feel like it has aged?

I still haven't played it.

>skipped all the enemies
The biggest crime in Souls games tbqh

>Killing every enemy you come across in an action RPG is grinding

>killing every enemy every time you run through a souls level
you must be autistic as fuck

why do some of your boxes open in the wrong direction?

>going from Bloodborne to the main Souls games will probably be pretty jarring
it is. Right after I finished BB (about a week ago) I bought DS3 on Steam and holy shit it had me fucked up beyond belief. I couldn't play DS3 properly for a few hours. The worst part is I just bought The Old Hunters (its fucking great so far) so now I'm flip flopping between BB and DS3. I fucked up but I'm having a good time.

>never played the series before
play demons or dark souls then. Ds3 and BB are the worst in the series.

post waifus

this angers me

I'm gonna have to go with Dark Souls 3.

I played Bloodborne and chalice dungeons were a huge turn-off for me.

Also, the enemies were a cake-walk. The only ones that really provide a challenge are the ones that have hard-to avoid grab moves and the ones that inflict frenzy.

Oh and the healing system was super fucking abusable. It's just dumb.

No, not even DeS which is a huge accomplishment given it's 7 years old and has had four sequels each with improvements and polish. They all play differently enough to feel distinct. The only thing about 1 that feels as if it's aged besides the graphics, is the lack of omnidirectional rolling.

Demon's Souls started it though

Imagine a world where Elana won. Imagine those things covering every inch of the lands...
The worst possible timeline.