m.youtube.com/watch?v=EEYT2841ICk
youtube.com/watch?v=s4ABpbxIPFI
youtube.com/watch?v=Snb_rkKpIFw
youtube.com/watch?v=kc9f-VVQK3k
youtu.be/xKR4FAg1imc
genius.com/Childish-gambino-yaphet-kotto-lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=9AMYVgtmkoM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

L4D1, no contest. When they ported the L4D1 maps to L4D2, they were the only ones I played.

Francis Bill Coach Ellis

I'm I one of the only ones who think L4D3 will take place on the West Coast I mean.

L4D1 takes place up North
L4D2 takes place down South

I'd think it'd only make sense that L4D3 is on the West Coast unless Valve goes WAY outside the box and L4D3 takes place outside the U.S.

Easily 1
Bill>zoey>louis>Francis>coach>nick>ellis

L4D2 really grew on me, I've gotta say them in the end. The Parish was also my favorite campaign so that proubably helped add to it.

I liked the L4D1 team better because they seemed more like a group of people who stuck together. L4D2 team seemed more like a group of people who were stuck together.

i liked them both, but i liked L4D1 team more
>valve making games

youtube.com/watch?v=SvzjTbBCZTI

>he didn't think this was the hypest shit

>I ain't gon die waiting on no salvation, but long as we still got guns, we gonna fight...*BAM*

imo the original e3 09 trailer was sick as well

youtube.com/watch?v=y0sJ5s7fUMQ

I miss when valve made games

Probably L4D2's. L4D1's is great but Coach, Ellis and Nick all had some good shit. Rochelle was shit though.

Dream team would be Coach, Bill, Zoey, Ellis

No never again because everyone threw a shit fit about 2 being released a year after.

1 because each character is pretty good and I like Nick but he's not that interesting and Rochelle is worst character.

Ellis and Coach were my favorites, RE5 did Rochelle better.

L4D games weren't made by Valve, just published.

Turtle Rock made L4D.

I liked the sexual tension Nick had with basically everyone

Nick pretty much made L4D2 for me

>Bill died 6 years ago
Jesus man

You are a charming, beautiful man.
You are sexy, beautiful, and charming.
Thank you.

L4D 1. Why did they kill off Bill? Poor old bastard.

>No never again because everyone threw a shit fit about 2 being released a year after.
for a pretty good reason.
l4d1 had what like 1 campaign added after all that time waiting, and the other one was just a fan made map.

The little "halo" of light over Bill's head on the poster. Fuck.

WHAT

Isn't his voice actor also dead?

>No never again because everyone threw a shit fit about 2 being released a year after.
You have to remember that Valve promised when they released the game it'd get regular updates ala Tf2. People realized with the release of the new game it also meant they weren't gonna keep their promise, and they didn't.

It didn't help that L4D2 is basically the same game except with a couple more levels, two new zombies and melee weapons. Simple stuff Valve easily could've updated in the first game.

Didn't only like a couple of neckbeards throw a tantrum and Valve threw money at them to STFU

I dunno, but this was still when valve was stupidly popular, and I even thought they were overreacting at the time.

Valve pretty much ignored them, remember that screencap of the 'Boycott Modern Warfare 2' steam group with everyone in there playing MW2? It was pretty much the same thing.

Character Rankings
>Bill Tier
Bill

>Good Tier
Ellis
Nick
Coach
Louis

>Normal Tier
Francis
Zoey

>Shit Tier
Rochelle

I like francis because he whined a lot, but got a kick out of whining so much.

Like he would find inventive ways to whine where others couldn't. When things were going his way he would whine, and when things weren't he would whine even harder.

Bill>Nick>Coach>Louis>Ellis>Francis>Rochelle>Zoey

Pick order every single time.

zoey and rochelle are the only shitty token female characters, and considering zoey is actually fappable, L4D1

>yotsuba, mf doom, l4d
crossover of the fucking century

The thing was they didn't have to be shitty. The solution wasn't even just making Alyx clones either.

Zoey needed to be written stronger as the type who tries to apply movie logic to the apocalypse but has it blow up in her face. The comic did this pretty well, but the majority of the player base didn't read it.

Rochelle could have been a bit like Louis, a wageworker who saw the apocalypse as a chance to let loose and have fun.

Valve just dropped the ball on both of them.

>a wageworker who saw the apocalypse as a chance to let loose and have fun
That's not Louis at all
Louis is just the eternal glass-half-full optimist

I still don't know how I feel about the tokenism in valve games.

Something is weird in that it feels like they're trying to actually put them in for diversity and not brownie points. I guess it's just the way that they admit it maybe.

>Rochelle as shit

You think it's maybe a vicious cycle? I remember back on 360 when it launched the popular one was Ellis, mostly for Keith memes, which lead to everyone picking him, hearing more dialogue, and fleshing out their head-canon of his character.

If people never picked Rochelle, then they'd never hear her lines and she'd stay bland.

Not that she's perfect, or even a good character, just I think it compounded.

Wasn't Rochelle a normal woman then turned into a gun-loving nut in her voice lines?

Rochelle should have just been the punching bag that tried to keep shit together.

You would naturally hate her but would be like "hey at least shes trying"

but I guess no one could have seen the roach hate.

Shit, been a minute man.

Just had a rough idea in my head, been a while since I played L4D1 or him.

Am I the only one that actually liked Rochelle? I mean no, she wasn't my favorite character. But she also wasn't my least, and I don't get all the hate she gets.

That said, 1 had the better cast overall. Not really because of the characters themselves, but because of their dynamics.

Nah he's still around

the problem with roach is that everyone likes everyone else more. And she was always the Oh I got roach...

Who did you like the least

I always loved how Louis said Bill's name and I just spammed the voice call button again and again just to hear that "BILL!" once more. Bill truly is the best.

I have a soft spot for Rochelle since she likes Depeche Mode

As a group, L4D1 was superior

As individual characters, Nick is GOAT

>But she also wasn't my least

She had too much competition online.

People took Ellis and Coach for memes, and then patricians took Nick for his sarcasm.

She was always left last, the eternal Booster to the rest of the cast's Turboman.

>You know what. No more helicopters. I'm just saying that now I'm good.
Coach is no.1 for me

Bill is so great the best things about other characters are their interactions with him. The whole game is really about him, since he was left for dead.

I get that, but I never minded picking her. Come to think of it, I actually started picking her on purpose because I knew everyone else disliked her, so might as well let them have their pick.

Rochelle is boring on the surface I guess, but she is actually a well-developed character. She's just more nuanced and less "hey I'm this kind of person" than the others.

Least favorites were Zoey and Nick. That isn't to say I disliked them. I liked them both, but they are who I picked the least, which I guess says something.

L4D1 destroys L4D2

Rochelle is a non character

L4D1 was a better "family".

Nick's still insulting Ellis even by the last chapter.
Rochelle's got no personality and is a shit tier character.
Coach is a weirdo since you never find out his name.
Ellis is a big goofball, but he's pretty alright.

I still like L4D2 more than L4D1 though. The cresendo events and finales where you actually do something is much better than cornering up and spamming Right Click.

pills

Favorite: ???
Least favorite: ???

I like them all. I play as Zoey and Rochelle because I like playing as girls. They're all great. Yeah, Rochelle is bland / average, but it's not bad.

Coach literally single handedly ruined the sfm scene

There's nothing BAD about Rochelle, it's just that she's the blandest survivor by far. She's suppose to be some kind of reporter but it's literally never brought up outside of like 3 Ron Burgundy references

Coach has the best gmod videos

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EEYT2841ICk

and here

So I'm gonna half-hijack this thread and ask you guys if you played my map and what you thought about it.

>L4D1 was a better "family".

This all the way.

I agree she's bland. Which warrants indifference at best. But she actually gets a lot of straight-up hate. Or at least she used to judging by this thread, which is refreshing,

At least the token female is explained in the comics. The Carrier Gene is passed down by the father, hence why there's much more men then women in the apocalypse.

>But she actually gets a lot of straight-up hate.

because you'll be forced to play as her while your friends play as three 10/10 characters

I need this.

Yeah, I forgot about this, Nick insulting Ellis at the end. What I don't remember is if they were friendly insults at the end, or the same insults Nick gave Ellis at the beginning of the game.

South Africa

She makes a vague reference to being a reporter when she's black and white, "Tonight's top story, I'm going to die."

Though yeah really, she's some kind of reporter or some nonsense. Would have been nice if there were a couple more references to it somewhere.

>while your friends play as three 10/10 characters

L4D characters are great, but let's not get carried away.

Really though, I think unless you don't use a mic or you're playing SP, it's kind of irrelevant.

Zoey is just a discount Claire Redfield

a suitcase full of guns and moooney

post l4d music

youtube.com/watch?v=s4ABpbxIPFI

L4d1 by far. I still have a shit load of speech binds set up for Bill

>Don't be an ass, Francis

this is from l4d2... no l4d

youtube.com/watch?v=Snb_rkKpIFw

meant both in general, sorry

they

Of corse 1

youtube.com/watch?v=kc9f-VVQK3k

Back when Valve gave a damn. It's actually kind of depressing.

>of course

Zoey is the only one of that version I like more

Yes he does
youtu.be/xKR4FAg1imc

genius.com/Childish-gambino-yaphet-kotto-lyrics

Just in case anyone liked that song

oh that's where her vibe came from

For Coach and Nick

>tfw will never experience the pants shitting moment of 1 headshotting a witch in expert realism again

I want to have one with Nick/Francis interaction since they're both underworlders. They could have some good dialog.

L4D1 in general had more interesting personalities compared to stereotype heavy L4D2.

I'd go Nick, Francis, Coach, Zoey.

Bill, Ellis, Louis, Rochelle would have good dialog chances too.

>left for dead

>the no spinoff called left 2 die

Blizzard already used that name.

Because it was a great name, fucking volvo inaction

>Valve will never make a videogame again

I'm hoping we get L4D3 instead of HL3, but there'll be riots in the streets if it's not HL3 next.

>l4d1 all characters are cool and have great interactions
>l4d2 only the yellow shirt kid was cool with his stories and shit, and he gets told to stfu when telling them

That is exactly why I love her.

Not going to happen till they make a new engine, so eat healthy and exercise regularly because you have some waiting to do.

First team is better but Coach is GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=9AMYVgtmkoM

Theyre both great except for rachelle

rachelle has no personality whatsoever and thats the only reason anyone in this thread thinks the first group is better than the second

I just remember the part in the comic where he falls into despair and is fucking francis the one who cheers him up

>Its Your Funeral

its little bits of wit like this, valve has some crazy good writers when they wanna write

Zoey and Louis both had no personality, either

zoey was the quirky tomboy and louis was the caring lovable black man that wanted to be ghetto sometimes

Its very very easy to pin those personalities while i struggle to explain what rochelle is