Final Fantasy XV “Mystery Disc”

Final Fantasy XV “Mystery Disc” features giant childhood Prompto, Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda battle

Watch the entire demo presentation below. (Starts 2:41:55 and ends at 3:09:28.)

youtube.com/watch?v=jUW4nBmI3rk

Read more at gematsu.com/2016/11/final-fantasy-xv-mystery-disc-features-giant-childhood-prompto-square-enix-president-yosuke-matsuda-battle#3Yh60IMJ8GTB8tHl.99

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=99GyJZ3EjXQ
youtu.be/Rdj4wkDLIK0?t=2m8s
youtube.com/watch?v=ukJ8mBnWxnY
youtube.com/watch?v=nkaPpwOhr8Y
i.imgur.com/x7gWrQU.gif
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Final Fantasy XV “Mystery Disc” features giant childhood Plumpto
fucking deviant art is gonna have a field day with this one

>that part with the multiple giant Promptos fumbling around and climbing up walls

That shit looked like AoT, I fucking swear

>mystery disc
>doesnt feature an explanation to why versus got cancelled

WHY ISN'T THIS IN THE GAME

REEEEEEEEE

It'll probably be sold as dlc

Nice of Square Enix to show they're making an HD Remaster of a Boy and His Blob.

holy fuck i'm dying over here

The XV team really did just say "fuck it" for the entire project.

The cringe marketing never ends.

youtube.com/watch?v=99GyJZ3EjXQ

>mfw this literal mindfuck is better than the actual game

Did this retard just choke on a chip?

I just want to play as Ardyn

Versus isn't canceled they changed the name silly. The story evolved with development, if you actually think they had more than some cool battles planned you are retarded.

Reminder that this is a Niflheim super soldier.

What's this scene about

Who kills who?

I don't have words to describe how awful that was.

I bet Mat came up with it, desu

That's not a bad TV commercial.

Reminds me of those PS2 commercials from way back like Sly Cooper.

Ardyn sneaks onto the train with Gladio and Ignis.
Noctis notices and gives chase.
Gentiana appears somewhere inside the train causing the inside of it to become brutally cold
Noctis catches up but Gladio and Ignis are already KOed
Ardyn remarks how the cold they are feeling can only be hers
He's surprised she actually shows up
He taunts her, recalling the face she made when he killed her
She freezes him
Moments later Noctis gets pissed and stabs the frozen Ardyn, shattering him
He revives less than a minute later

Mhm sure, now where is the fucking game? All i see is another bland openworld shitter that doesnt even attempt to be a ff game, instead i get gta and mgsv flashbacks with a terrible combat system, boring characters and something they called story. You dont really fucking believe xv was 10 years in development?

Sounds gay

you're gay lmao

Never again will I spoon feed anons on Sup Forums.

he can probably do all this shit irl

youtu.be/Rdj4wkDLIK0?t=2m8s

I like this one, the effects are kinda off, but I like it

>Is this the new pokemon game son

Whats the poitn of two ppl who kill each other and then neither stays dead?

>and so on this day a darkness was born in user's heart, and it festered within him until the day he awoke to the darkness...

Who is the fat man? I'm sorry I'm stupid

kek

WAIT HOLD UP! So you're telling me that they wasted development time making that out of context thing instead of focusing on the story and trying to make the game the best possible?

This.

If she's dead, why's she on the train?
If he got stabbed into pieces, why is he the final boss?

it's the final boss

Ardyn killed Gentiana years ago when she was a mortal Oracle but she was somehow reborn as an Astral.
Gentiana doesn't kill Ardyn. She freezes him to shut him up.

SE CEO

Gentiana is a Shiva and Ardyn is immortal

>watch out of context scene
AAAAHHHHH WHY DOESN'T ANYTHING MAKES SENSE

You are aware that there's a huge period of time between completion of the game and printing and distribution of copies, where you can't work on the game anymore, right? They've already done a huge day one patch for the game so I wouldn't be suprised they didn't have anything left to do and wanted to do something silly for celebration and marketing purposes

Unfortunately it's obvious that while they kept the locales and the characters the story and lore are very different from what was planned for Versus XIII.

>this is somehow a better introduced fight than ardyn
really beats your brain huh

It's implied that Gentiana was once a human before she became Shiva. This hints that Gentiana might be the first Oracle while Ardyn is the first Lucian King. In the relationship guide, it says that Gentiana is the protector of Tenebrae, which is the house of the Oracles. She also acts as a guide to Luna and tells her about the Oracle stuff.

The thing that baffles me the most is that the guide reveals that Ifrit betrayed the other gods hundreds of years ago and caused the plague of the stars and the disease that turns people into daemons. It also reveals that Ardyn is a servant of Ifrit.

Really? You're gonna make one of the basic summons that's usually one of the first you get in a FF game the big bad of the story?

I'm fucking livid at how much they altered and changed the lore and how barebones the story is. I waited 10 fucking years for the dark take on Fabula Nova Crystallis that Nomura and Nojima envisioned. This is not it.

Someone who got their UCE uploaded a few pics from the artbook. This is one of the new arts from it. It looks like this was Ardyn when people still regarded him as the Hero because he's the one who eradicated the Plague. Second pic looks like a scene where people turned their backs on him because of his ability to absorb daemons.

I'm really curious to see what other art the artbook has. It looks like it contains a lot of lore related stuff we've never seen before like this one.

I actually liked this a lot even if the effects weren't all there
The good times feel is definitely there

this is the only fitting song for this random scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=ukJ8mBnWxnY

What's the problem with that? There's nothing wrong with changing Iftrit's role in a story. It's like complaining that Alexander was important in 9, when it was nothing in 6 through 8.

did that fucker just did 4 back flips and send noctis flying?

Part of the game should have been playable flashbacks of Ardyn in the distant past.

>Ardyn is literally evil Jesus
Damn XV's lore seems really interesting, if only it wasn't given to us through artbooks and everything BUT the game

It's not bad in concept, it sounds interesting enough.
I mean it would've been cool for a summon like Bahamut to be behind it, but Ifrit is an interesting enemy to have as the mastermind.

Oh God this is perfect

I may be wrong, maybe Ifrit was evil in Nomura's version of the story as well. Still, I was hoping that the lore would be explored in depth but we don't get much.

First King of Insomnia

Second pic seems like they're getting ready to torture him. I think his hands are tied to the ceiling.

Uh, that's a fucking great commercial? Not seeing the cringe

But that's Ardyn

This might actually be possible.
In the old Versus trailers when Stella is fighting noctis she has this orange light that kinda resembles fire around her.
Maybe they were gonna make Ifrit manipulate her somehow or something like that

joking, it's Square Enix's President

They still want to expand the XVerse. But it's sad that it will be through paid DLCs.

Also disappointed that Ravus's role was really reduced. I was hoping he'd have more to do.

He got replaced by Snow from Lightning Returns in his final battle

don't fuck with this senator!

So the guy here is also Ardyn

You say that as if we knew he'd have some big part in Versus XIII. That's merely an assumption.
>Never trusted the empire, only joined them so he wouldn't get killed and so he could provide for Luna
>Despises Noctis for causing his sister to forfeit her life
>Slowly begins to see that Luna really believes and loves Noctis, so he follows his sister's will
>Goes on a mission to give Noctis Regis' sword but is gunned down
>Is revived and infested by daemons and forced to fight the man he swore to his sister he'd protect
I think he was handled well. How do you think his role should have unfolded?

No, it's Noctis. Notice the three men beside him and how one of them is blind.

This was actually quite funny.

that pose...

Who knows what the original story for Versus XIII/Nomura's XV would've been. Still, the overall story we got feels like it could've used a lot more fleshing out.

him and noctis tag team luna

squeenix wishes they could get on their level

youtube.com/watch?v=nkaPpwOhr8Y

that's fan-made though lmao

>I mean it would've been cool for a summon like Bahamut to be behind it

Bahamut already had his time in the spotlight. But Ifrit is pretty lame for big bad material.

>People spoil Persona 5 before it comes out
>They shit on it and complain
>People spoil MGSV early
>They shit on it and complain
>Ditto for FFXV

I see a pattern here

XV probably needed its own original summons.

I've been trying to avoid spoilers, but you know those giant knights from Kingsglaive? I think they were called the old kings,they show up on the cover but are they in XV? It would've been easy to write them as the main villain.
They could've been manipulating Noctis to preserve their kingdom or something

You mean the knights of the round?

I think so, they're the ones from the cover right?
I wonder if they're tied to the FFVII kotr, but anyway they probably would've made for a more compelling villain, plus a battle against 12 giant knights would be so tight.

They wasted time making this shit instead of making the game itself better. Let that sink in.

>plus a battle against 12 giant knights would be so tight.
FF15's battle system couldn't handle that

I'm expecting that he'd be at least a guest party member though.

Also this. I think the story would've been good if it wasn't rushed and without all that off screen bullshit. The backstory of the intriguing characters like Ardyn, Gentiana and Cor weren't fleshed out and the main heroine is completely forgotten. Imagine Somnus playing while they're showing a flashback of Ardyn's past where people are torturing him here I think that would've been really tragic.

I hear people who played MGSV are still laughing about the Skullface ride though. It isn't just early risers.

FF15 follows the maxim don't show, don't tell

It would have to be one at a time or something.

I think I'm starting to understand why there were so many QTEs on a technical level.

I've been trying to learn how to stop browsing Sup Forums around game release times, I've been able to save myself from most spoilers, but I've seen a few for Persona and XV.

hello matsuda san.

Japanese Armstrong?

The problem occurs when half of your story occurs outside the main game.

That camping is pretty comfy desu

That conference was fun, everyone was calling this guy lucifer

Best secret boss confirmed!

i.imgur.com/x7gWrQU.gif

>right as STAND BY ME intensifies noctis shows up
This is fucking hilarious.

>tonberry
>instead of walking slowly to you and poking you he goes full prequel Yoda
Man, this is lame.