Hi Sup Forums. Just bought this game. What movies should I watch to understand? I'm new to Alien

Hi Sup Forums. Just bought this game. What movies should I watch to understand? I'm new to Alien.

Watch Alien and Aliens. Skip Alien 3, and forget Ressurection even exists.

This. Alien and Aliens hold up just as well and are still good fucking movies.

>le Alien 3 is bad meme

Fuck off and die already. Fincher has never made a bad film.

At least Alien

Not him but I thought it was average. Didn't help they killed off fucking Hicks and had her jumping some convict doctors nuts pretty fast.

Whereas the first 2 movies are classics.

So Alien and Aliens then, tks
. I heard about Prometheus and Covenant (2017). Should I watch them?

I watched all of them as a kid and loved all of them but the last two is just more of the same so if your not wanting more alien then stop at 2 the only thing 3 and 4 really bring to the table is how dumbfuck stupid Weylend is about controlling them

Alien 3 is ok except for the ending. That was fucking dumb.

Alien 3 is still lightyears better than Resurrection. Wal-Mart buying out Weyland-Yutani. Fuck off Joss Whedon.

Even Fincher admitted that he had no controls when filming it

Prometheus is kinda an interesting side story sorta prequel sort of deal. Turns the alien race that made them into giant humanoids and that humanity was created by them on accident or some bullshit. Haven't heard anything about Covenant but I have low expectations.

Best part of Prometheus was the ship commander talking Charlize Theron into bed like a boss imo.

watch director's cut. saw it at a rep theatre one night. slight changes, but made the movie better overall.

one example, the alien facehugger, doesn't infect the dog, but another weird bison type thing they have at the prison. there are a bunch of little changes in it like that.

prequel? alright, watching it later, to the first movies o/

alien 3 is very different and not for everyone. try out the assembly cut if you like alien and aliens enough and want more. definitely watch alien, aliens and prometheus though.

also alien resurrection (4) isn't as bad as people make it out to be either. 3 and 4 are definitely B tier at best but they're still pretty fun imo.

Don't listen to any of these faggots. Watch all of the 4 movies and then you can play.

Prometheus kind of ruins the mystique of the derelict ship in the first movie. I'd say watch Prometheus last, if at all.

>jumping some convict doctors nuts pretty fast

Was not suprised by that in the slightest. Why did it bother you? If you think about her character and everything she's been through, the current situation she's in, jumping his nuts is almost expected. He was literally the most eligible bachelor on the whole planet and she needed an ally.

I watched all four movies before playing it. I don't regret doing it, but Alien 4 almost made me hate the franchise. It made me hate Joss Whedon at least.

watched it last night
my theory is that the moon that they arrive is actually a military base that stored the xenomorph seed, the earth and the whole human race is a guinea pig for the incubation of a ancient bio weapon, something went wrong 2000 years ago and the architects got infected everything went to shit

Alien 3... what a dilemma

play the game first and see if you even like it. if you do then stop and watch at least alien and aliens. then play the game.

just rematched aliens recently . forgot how much of a bad ass Ripley was, she moves heaven and earth to protect that loli

thanks for the help o/

alien 3 is not that bad if you ignore bad cgi, in the other part, alien ressurection...

They fucked up in Alien 3 by using CGI
Jesus, the Alien 3 CGI is so shitty, I can't watch that without laughing

man fuck alien 3
I genuinely think it's worse than alien 4
4 had that spicy jagged third world space aesthetic

3 is watchable as Director's Cut, even if it comes nowhere close to the first two. And I'd recommend watching Resurrection just to see how fucking bad it is, just take a bottle of booze and take a sip every time you cringe to the acting, dialogue, everything that piece of shit of movie fails.

Loved this game, but about 12 hours in there are a ton of bugs. I'm talking game breaking bugs where events and objectives won't trigger and you're left wandering aimlessly for hours. It's like they figured no one would play past a certain point.

On that note watch all 4 alien movies. They're all good in their own right, but 1 and 2 are the best.

Also, it's a bad movie on itself. I wanted to like it, but all characters behave so unrealistically that it just makes it awkward to watch. I mean, those guys are supposed to be professional top researchers and they still act like little kids.

Resurrection is truly a treat if you have a thing for bad movies.

Watch the first two Aliens for truly well made cinema.
If you want retarded fun watch Aliens Vs. Predator and maybe Resurrection, but Resurrection I find especially dumb and you really gotta turn of your brain for that.

Alien 3 has the worst alien and is an allround meh movie, but if you like watching depressing shit then I guess it's worth a shot.

Prometheus is alright until you realize it has fuck all to do with Alien despite you being pretty sure it is.

Alien
vs
Aliens

Which is better?

Interesting. Personally i hate CGI and dont have too much time, so only Alien and Aliens.

I personally liked the subtleties and greater horror focus of the first.

Second one is still fucking rad.

almost forgot, dont watch alien 3 if you really liked aliens ending

aliens for me

Alien is a better film
Aliens is a better movie
both are great takes on the same story

but Alien is my favorite, such
mystery and tension will not be archived anymore

Alright. Not Alien 3 then.

>Watch the first two Aliens
>aliens
>cinema
o im laffin user
>m-muh merines in spece
>m-muh mostly cum out at knight mustly

Aliens

in Alien there is a sense of dread that you are fighting an enemy that you cant fight, only avoid. Its good in the aspect of horror

but i like me some 80's action movies and Aliens scratches that itch

Prometheus is a pretty fucking good movie, minus some dumb ass shit here and there, but still a pretty great alien movie
prometheus is playing phantom menace right now
covenant is coming next year homo, let that movie decide how good is the link between movies

Alien 3 is fine.

It was basically a retread of the first movie. The problem with people that hate 3 is they think this series is a happy one. The first movie was incredibly melancholy and horrific. Why would they expect a happy ending for those that survived the second?

They tried way too hard to change direction in the second. Hell, one of the best character building scenes from the second was cut out. It explained so much of Ripleys motivations, its also incredibly sad.

The third movie took it back to the originals feel.

I didn't mind Alien 3 resurrection was garbage though but if you think 3 captured the feel of 1 you are dead wrong mate.

nah fuck that

they killed Newt and fucking wasted the use of Bishop they fucked up everything

3 was depressing but it didn't have that same level if mystery and suspense the first one did. Add to the fact the actual Alien ended up looking like hot garbage and as a whole the film fell flat.

I may be one of the few people that did like 3's ending though.

watch Alien...play the game...watch Aliens and Alien 3

thank me later user

ok then XD

>we can have more civilized conversations about movies and film in Sup Forums that /bane/
this website is a mess

This.

The series should have ended with 3. It was the perfect ending.

Don't even start with the AvP shit.

Yet video-games are still rarely discussed.

they are all worth watching
but it goes without saying
Ripley is cutest in Alien

>ywn snuggle with her after purging xenos

the trade-off is that video game discussion is impossible and there's a heavy Sup Forums presence

This. While I understand why Alien 3 gets shit , it gets too much. I honestly think it's not bad. Resurrection is ugh.