Japs have failed twice in making open world triple a games [MGSV and FFXV]. Will this game break the streak?

Japs have failed twice in making open world triple a games [MGSV and FFXV]. Will this game break the streak?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZlDZPYzfm4
youtube.com/watch?v=u1-t3mpcEN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Xenoblade already succeeded

>Xenoblade already succeeded

FPBP

First post best post

When you can already tell from PR material that the world looks boring, there is no hope at all.

Probably, zelda always deliver even if the fanbase it's just a bunch of entitled children.

Not surprising since Konami and especially Square are shit companies. Nintendo isn't so yeah.

see
and not just that, but BotW had help from monolith to create the open world.
and it will be perfected in thisn new Zelda

/thread

The difference is Nintendo doesn't released unfinished product.

this

Sony fans BACKED OUT.

things Sup Forums thinks

> Final sequence of Breath of the Wild
> Link is captured, imprisoned and stripped of all weapons and equipment
> Player must escape and race across the entire map on foot and against a very narrow time limit to stop Ganon from activating his doomsday device / spell / whatever
> No fast travel, clock is counting down like the final hours in Majora's Mask
> "Here's To You" playing in the background the entire time
> Post yfw

Nintendo has better planning and is the only jap company that isn't shit. So, yeah.

I'm #1 fanboy of Zelda and Skyward Sword seemed unfinished as fuck.

Square is absolutely a shit company in its modern iteration but what's really ironic is that Monolith, who made the Xenoblade games and helped with Zelda, was literally spun off from Square originally (and acquired by Namco at least partially prior to Nintendo). They made Xenogears and Chrono Cross and fucking Chrono Trigger before that and they worked on FF6. Similarly, another company acquired by Nintendo is Brownie Brown who was spun off from Square as well. They made the mana games. And Mistwalker obviously was made by the old FF guys. Square has lost all their talent to other companies (spin off really isn't the proper term) mostly now acquired by Nintendo. They've got almost nobody left except untalented franchise-ruining hacks like Nomura

>see epona in the distance
>call her over
>hop on
>this plays youtube.com/watch?v=3ZlDZPYzfm4

Skyward Sword was a lot of bad things, but MGSV literally had missing missions in addition to repeat missions.

SS was finished but just wasn't what you and a lot of other people wanted.

They promised sidequest simmilar to Majora's and instead we got shitty fetching quests to fill up the empty world.

The story was ok and bosses (specially budda) were incredibly fun, but it seems to me that they just needed to fill up their 2 Zeldas every gen quota and sped it all up.

It's very finished they just over did it to make it last that all so important 40 hours by making you repeat a dungeon once and fighting the same annoying mini boss ten times and tadtones. The sky is just a hub it was not an overworld the over world is split up due to technical limitations but there are open areas like the desert. Time shifting stone was badass mechanic and final boss was tough for a zelda game and pretty epic in presentation. It's flawed but I say there is a masterpiece underneath. It needs a director's cut to fix the repetitive shit. Now Wind Waker is an unfinished game

xenoblade x has the most lifeless non interactive world of any open world game i don't understand why so many idiots love it

because it has the most lively interactive world of any open game

they love it because they actually played it

>implying Ganon will appear in this game.

Calamity Ganon is a red herring.

Final boss will be Link's friend Gufu, who helps you take down Calamity Ganon by absorbing his essence into a talisman, since the Master Sword is defunct. Throughout the game you have to empower the sword so that you can destroy the talisman with it because only it can do so.

You succeed and destroy it. Then Gufu reveals that it was ruse. The talisman no longer houses Calamity Ganon, but himself. And furthermore, he's not Gufu anymore but Ghirahim

And the final theme is youtube.com/watch?v=u1-t3mpcEN8

You're the first fanboy of Zelda, and didn't realise Wind Waker was rushed and unfinished?

Nintendo needed to be bitched at in order to get them on the right track again. If the fanbase wasn't like it was this Zelda would still be a linear corridor romp through 'puzzle' land like it has been for the past decade.

what about the terrible game-play? Honestly I can't stand to play skyward sword because of how shitty the controls where implemented.

>MUH UNFINISHED WIND WAKER

Aonuma said those dungeons were incorporated into later Zeldas. I want nothing more than to see a longer Wind Waker, but you don't understand how game design works. If they remade it with the Jabun dungeon and the Goron Island dungeon, it would mean Link never had a reason to go back to the island. The player would have to decide to do so, which is cool, but I like that he has to go back mandatorily at least once in the game.

tl;dr you can't have everything you want the way you want

Will we see the ocean as well as a coastal town in this game?

I thought they removed those dungeons due to complaints about OoT being too long and less people finished it

When has a video game rumor about anecdotal evidence like that ever turned out to be true?

Never.