I have a 4K TV, 120 refresh rate, but no HDR

I have a 4K TV, 120 refresh rate, but no HDR.

I can afford the PS4 PRO no problem, but should I even waste my time getting it? Will it look that much better than the standard PS4?

And I am saving up to build the best PC I can, but until then I am a console fag, so shhh PC fags.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965-vs-AMD-Athlon-5350
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you don't already have a PS4, you should absolutely get the pro. It's like getting a gtx 1070 instead of a gtx 780

I'd recommend it even if you were only 1080p

I do already have a PS4, that's why I want to know, will it look that much better? Right now I'm playing Skyrim, and going to be playing FF 15, if I could find out for sure the PRO will actually look better than the regular PS4, I'll pick it up.

4K is a meme.

PC?

>I do already have a PS4
In that case I'd hold off unless you have a lot of disposable income and in that case you probably wouldn't be here asking, you'd just buy it

You run the risk of running into a scenario where the game will run worse.

>overheating issues
>framerate issues

There's more than just raw graphical output to consider, OP.

At LEAST wait for the first revision of the pro. It's a piece of fucking shit as is. No, your games won't look that much better.

Horrible analogy, you fucking retard.

Think of it this way. All the best games will objectively look and play better on it.

If you have a PC, no. Get a new GPU.

The PRO isn't going to look that much better aside for 1 or 2 games explicitly designed to sell you on one.

Sony is basically pulling a *NEW* 3DS. How many titles actually run better on it? Only a few select Nintendo titles because devs don't want to waste effort and alienate consumers that bought a regular 3DS.

The PRO isn't going to take advantage of your TV anyway, just like the original PS4 didn't do everything it was supposed to do.

Considering you already have a PS4, don't waste your money.

4k is a waste on ps4pro, it drops the framerate at no noticeable increase in quality because it's upscale.
If you want to kill time buy a raspberi pi and play emulators.

Ok, it's like a 760 vs a 1060

PS4 Pro outputs to 1800p and upscales to 2160p. It's not even a legit 4K device, since Triple-A titles are still too demanding for the shitty Jaguar Octacore clocked to 2.1GHz.

Even an aged Octacore Phenom II at 2.1GHz would be a better choice than a friggin' Jaguar chip: cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965-vs-AMD-Athlon-5350

>How many titles actually run better on it? Only a few select Nintendo titles because devs don't want to waste effort and alienate consumers that bought a regular 3DS.
PS4 pro launched with 39 game updates for Pro support. THIRTY-NINE. Many more games are confirmed and all of the exclusives are.

Comparing it to "New" 3DS Xenoblade edition is a bad joke. Nintendo has no idea how to take advantage of hardware anyway, so no wonder they haven't used it.

What overheating and framerate issues?

I have a PS4 Pro. Haven't had issues?

Remember when Sup Forums was saying nonstop that the ps4 was overheating and breaking EVERYWHERE during its launch because of some random video made by literal who? Take a wild guess where this is coming from.

No?
Did we revise history? I didn't read the cliffnotes.
All I remember people talking about was no gaems and wobble.

>At LEAST wait for the first revision of the pro.

Does the slim count as a first revision of the base PS4? As in it's a good deal in comparison, aside from the price point? I kinda like the OG PS4 aesthetics.

Slim is definitely a revision, it even has a minor performance increase.

I also have a 4K TV without HDR, and my Pro still looks glorious. Honestly, unless you really just have the money to burn (I did) I'd hold out a bit until there's a price drop. The only games that really take advantage of the 4K are new games like Dishonored and Titanfall, most of the older games with updates don't really look remarkably better.

I'm happy with my purchase, but I can definitely see the argument for holding out to let the actual 4K library fill out a bit.

Both the PS4 and XBONE had shitposters claiming they overheated and crapped out at launch. Just Sup Forums being Sup Forums.

There are already more games that make noticeable use of the Pro than the entire lifecycle of the New 3DS. Hell, I popped in Dark Souls 3 today, and the framerate is MUCH smoother and the pop in that plagued the game on vanilla PS4 is pretty much gone.