DA RYAAAAA

DA RYAAAAA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ay3GLmxK66g
youtube.com/watch?v=OIwl3E2c5E0
pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Legaia 2&agecategories=&genre=&organisations=&platforms=PS4&countries=&submit=Search#searchresults
youtube.com/watch?v=Hea1bNDCzp8
legaia.wikia.com/wiki/Vahn
youtube.com/watch?v=aP3xSLq2Flc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HISSATSU

TORUNADO FRAAAME

FIAH BROOOW

KORE DE OWARI DA

Are you ok?

YO SHAA

IKUZE

TORNADOOOO FRAAAAAAAAAAME

Don't ruin this for me, Legaia threads are few and far between.
That said, having replayed last year, holy SHIT is this game fucking slow. I played through it as a kid and I don't know how I could stand it. Even the most basic encounters take minutes because of how long turns take.

I finally beat this game for the first time last year. I've owned it since I was a kid but I finally put in the grind to complete it. Fuck that bird on the top of the mountain though.

AUR YUU OHKaY?
RIZING TAKU

jacked off to noa when i was a kid

good times

Legaia is an interesting little game.

It has flaws. Pretty big ones too. But I like it all the same.

Fun fact: He's weak against Gillium/Space Cannon, the one that instakills enemies.

If you enter the battle with 0 MP on all characters, Lapis won't use his move that removes all your MP. (An easy way is to get the Pufferfish Flute, the one that lets you escape battles. Walk in, let him wipe your MP, then run away and come back.)
Then you have somebody with Slow Chain restore the MP of somebody with a Speed Chain on them, and then they use Gillium first move next around before Lapis can use his MP wipe.

i'm stuck on the first big boss water crab guy thing

he keeps wiping me with that wave move

God I loved that game

When he charges up for the wave, use Spirit on all your characters. It's your "defend" command, it lengthens your attack bar AND reduces damage.
If you're still having trouble, you might just have to grind a little.
Pretty much every major boss in Legaia is a casual filter.

for me it was this fucker the first time ya ran into him

If you have enough money, you could also buy Deep Sea Gems for all three of the characters to reduce the water attack damage.

IKUSEEEEE

Berserker actually lived up to his reputation. Fucker kicked my ass the first few times. I actually had to grind.

That rabbit that shoots the toothpick was fucking deadly as a Seru summon

It'd be hard to replay now but as a kid I really liked the tone of the setting and the slow pace. Everything had gravity. The boss battles were really great and the mist guardian fights when the serious music started playing were way too cool. I love an RPG that takes itself seriously when it matters.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ay3GLmxK66g That set up into

youtube.com/watch?v=OIwl3E2c5E0 THE MAIN EVENT

Yea i'm feeling pretty casual but i made sure i got all the best gear i can have, fought every battle, took every extra route to get extra items/more xp from fights etc, still getting slapped. Everything else i pretty much breezed through but i'll just grind some more

I think i did but i'll check again next time im on the toaster

Fuck these guys.

whats this games plot
i played it when i was a kid

>first time using TURRRRRRNADUH FRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Hey

I just wanted to remind you that Legaia 2 exists and it was awful.

Probably because the animations were cool... used to play it when I was like 9 or so.

mist corrupts people and monsters and your village is in danger
actually quite like the set up

Earth humans are fucking stupid and ruined everything they touch now they want to repent to a tree

i entered some dungeon and inside is some zombies and shit
shits creepy

Shut up. It didn't happen.

I actually played it first and hated it. Went back to it years later and dropped it the time you get pirate girl as a party member.

I thought it really wasn't that bad, it was just not a very good sequel. I've certainly played JRPGs that were much worse.

also whats the difference between seru and ra seru?

think that might be the spooky dracula castle right at the beginning

Try emulating it, and set one of the shoulder buttons you don't use to either fast forward or frame skip. I used Joy2Key.
I wouldn't be surprised if I shaved at least 20 hours off my replay time by fast forwarding through the fight animations.

I don't like how "Bland" it was.

pleb demons and demigods

>replayed this game on the emulator
>even battles on high speed is really fucking slow
>got about 2/3rd though the game before dropping it

youd think the combo system would be fun but its not really that great, more bulky than its worth much like xenogears deathblows

Seru good Ra Seru bad IIRC
You fucker. Now I feel like I should at least try to go back and enjoy it. A game that has no connection to the first except Lips.

I think seru are the faggots you gotta fuck up and ra seru are the ancient gods that are in those rocks you use

Yeah, that's fair. All in all it was a pretty average, though particularly bland JRPG that was too easy. It just happened to be the sequel to a relatively decent JRPG.

I'd much rather replay Legaia 2 than, say, Arc Rise Fantasia.

seru are the creatures taht you punch out and absorb, raseru are the creatures that need a host body to stay alive iirc? like vahn noa and gala all have raserus, same with songi

but you can get others too from the story later on?

Other way around, but Seru aren't inherently evil, Seru are turned evil because of the Mist. Ra-Seru have holy powers and are immune to the effects of the Mist.

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

HARGH

I enjoyed 2 a lot more, mostly thanks to the soundtrack, the comfier towns and Bubba
absolutely hated the waifu

that minotaur fucked me up, i think thats where i left off when i rented the game many years ago. i went back later on and finished it when a friend bought the game

who was the hardest bosses for you?

i recall the crab was hard.

noa a cute

Zeto was a scrub, it was just casual filter for people who were used to overlevel and steamroll through everything

the songi that you fight right before you go to the final dungeon

was stuck on him for a long ass time, im not even sure how i won now that i remember

Oh my god is this a fucking legaia thread?????

but that was the only way. and gear was very expensive. i had to sell gear and buy everything anew

In particular:
Caruban (the winged lion when Vahn and Noa meet)
Viguro x2 in the forest
Zeto (the crab)
Berserker
Xain (the minotaur)
the Delilas family
motherfucking shitfucking third form Songi
Lapis is a cunt but I knew how to cheese him

after all of that I don't remember Juggernaut being particularly hard

I fucking love this game.

When I first beat it many years ago, I didnt know about the point card, forcing me to level up to level 40 to beat Koru (the boss that explodes in 4 turns) I had to calculate how much damage I needed to do to beat him with no point card, so I had no choice but to grind until all three characters could use their miracle arts after using spirit. It came down to the last turn too, I felt so damn proud.

It made the rest of the game a breeze, but it was still pretty fun

LEGAIA 2 #PS2PS4 WHEN
W H E N
H
E
N

pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=Legaia 2&agecategories=&genre=&organisations=&platforms=PS4&countries=&submit=Search#searchresults

Man, I remember getting to the last dungeon and the trash mobs just proceeded to rip me apart.

>mfw one-shotting Berserker with Nighto

>Viguro

The only hard part was dealing with the tedium of refighting them so you can absorb Viguro early.

you just needed the Deep Sea Ring on everyone, nothing else.

Didn't everyone do that, though?
The joke being that Viguro's not particularly good, you just think they are because they're a boss.

GOOD HEAVENS
JUST LOOK AT THE TIME

what was the name of that knight dude?, I remember him kicking my ass left and right

whats the seru that have a attack with a cutscene?
it was at endgame iirc

Fucking Gaza.

never have I been so bummed about getting the weapon of a hyped boss ever before

L I A R

Seru are like Pokémon but you wear them. Ra-Seru are just like Seru but more intelligent and unaffected by the mist due to being demigods/janitors who clean shit up for Tieg.

I like to this the game's speed it thematic. Its a slow depressing trudge through a dead world, and that's what makes it so beautiful when you restore life to it.

I wish someone could reinsert the Japanese battle quotes back in the English version. It really ticks me off they just removed them without even trying to add anything in their place.

Juggernaut the space tick

i got lucky on my most recent playthrough and he never actually used his "i win" attack. Can't remember what it's called

i remember my bro used this seru
can you absorb him?
isnt he the final boss besides that guy?

Wait, what? Removed the Japanese phrases? Since when? I played this back when it first came out on the Playstation and there was plenty of Japanese spoken during battle.

that's probably the most difficult fight in the game desu senpai.

no, you wear some Ra-Seru in some kind of gauntlets. the protagonists' guardians are of the same species as the other summons.
Seru are common monsters that you "absorb" into your gauntlet, then summon them as magic.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hea1bNDCzp8

PARTY PARTY

They removed A LOT of the Japanese phrases and only kept the ones that sounded like random sounds, while getting rid of the one's that were actual phrases or sentences.

For example,

legaia.wikia.com/wiki/Vahn

Scroll down to Vahn's section and you'll hear a lot of quotes that weren't in the English version.

yes, even though he is the villain's pet, you can find an item that allows you to summon it in battle

this fucking guy, remember cleching my butt so hard each time he pulled one of his bullshit OP moves

>but you can get others too from the story later on?
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about it then yes, sort of. When your Ra-Seru level's at max you can revisit the origin tree for a Ra-Seru to be able to summon them using MP like other Seru (well origin tree's only for Terra, Ozma's tree died so you use the one closest (one of the Voz Forests, I forget whether West or East) and Meta's tree was Juggernaught'd so you use Sol Tower). You can get Ra-Seru eggs throughout the game (Cara gives you her one, one's bought in Muscle Dome, one's a reward for fishing, can't remember the other but I think it's Songi's) and you can take these eggs to Zalan who turns them into talismans, and then if a character is wearing the talisman they can summon the associated Ra-Seru with MP.

BAAAAAKA FIGHTERRRRR

>first time I got to Xain I was horribly underleveled
>save point right before his fight
>unable to go back and grind
>forced to completely restart the game

This and the Demon Wall in FF7 taught me to stop running from battles when I was bored.

>Mary
I hate that smug bitch so much

Tetsu explained this shit, use Spirit to increase defence. All you needed was a few heal-all items and one or two resurrections for when Gala was too slow. Fucking Gala.

>Neo-Star Slash.

You fucking what m8?

>using Gala as anything other than a glorified mage

Noa is honestly the best character in the game.

This game had a bunch of ridiculously hard bosses, I miss when games were hard like this.

>Sup Forums always bitches about little shit enemies being way too weak and shitty
>one game gets it right
>nobody likes it
Feels bad, man.

youtube.com/watch?v=aP3xSLq2Flc
found it, thanks user

Vahn, what's a prostitute?

Oh damn. They removed the only trace of his personality by cutting those lines. That's a shame.

Havent played this in years but I heard that perfectly.

You don't absorb Seru, user, the Ra-Seru absorbs the Seru. Normal humans who don't have Ra-Seru just wear Seru (like the Soren who have flying Seru attached to their back that gives them wings), and that's how they become possessed by them when the mist comes.

Why did this turd have to exist?

This and Musashi Samurai Legend fucking pissed me off when I was younger because how fucking disappointing they were.

Fuck you I like Legaia 2. Tell me specifically why it's bad.

>You don't absorb Seru, user, the Ra-Seru absorbs the Seru.
that's what I meant, that you absorb them into gauntlets like Meta (which are Ra Seru)

"Ore ga shuyaku da! (I'm the main character!)"
—A victory quote from Vahn in battle

That's some silly shit.

I loved legaia 2 tho

Legaia 2 is the superior game
>superior cheese
>superior Vahn, complete with special skill cheese in battle
>superior Gala
>superior villain
it just had a shitty useless Noa and no Juggernaut.

Bland story, uninteresting characters, and rather ugly graphics even for when it came out.

The first game may not be a masterpiece but it had charm out the fucking ass and a rather unique setting for RPGs at the time. Legaia 2 decided to go generic as fuck.