ITT: Games you played as a kid, but never learned the name of and can't find now

ITT: Games you played as a kid, but never learned the name of and can't find now

For instance, as a kid I think we had a snes emulator on our computer, there was a turn based RPG that I played. It starts out in a castle, one of the NPCs in the castle is a pilot, with a grey beard i think, at some point he gets a plane and flies away in the plane. Some kinda something happens, and then you leave the castle with a companion, I don't remember much after this, except that there's a graveyard you can go to. Also the player character may be a ninja, not positive about that though, I just remember something about ninja stars

Sounds like Final Fantasy 4 (or 2 if you played the American version.)

Holy fuck user, that's totally it!
Thanks for the help

I played a game for pc where your side scrolling on the moon and on different planets in a car that can shoot up and foward at stuff.

Play the DS or GBA versions
The american SNES version is so ridiculously easy

how long ago was it?

snes game with unicycles and rainbow nooldles for tracks. no idea what its called

Uniracers, literally just googled "snes unicycle game" (I already knew about the game though, just had forgotten the name)

It was an early PS1 RPG with blue health bars and that's all I remember of it. I think it was on a demo disk that I played. I think I might have actually picked it up after searching for it years ago. Time to check my PS1 collection.

>Played as a kid

I didn't play it as a kid, just happened to watch one of those AGDQ speed runs in January(?) for a bit. Looked like an older Final Fantasy game, turn based combat, area the speed runner was in was this red, demonic cave looking area.

2004-6 ish
Was on a windows 98 pc i think, had roller coaster 2 on it too

I have a really fuzzy memory of a PS1 game that was like an arena battle. I think there were wears heads and you fought and one of the arenas was like a desert or Egypt maybe. And no it wasn't Crash Bash.

My memory is fuckedd.

I also feel like there was a game with a robot and it had a top down view similar to that Action Man game but that's waaay out there.

The second one could be Machine Hunter. Top down view where you could posses robots.

When I was a kid (I'm 22 now-for reference) I used to play a game, it was a shot em up, you played as a space ship heading upwards in the screen, and before the levels you were able to customize your abilities or your weapons, it was a PC game, I'm sure about it, I remember there were indeed a lot of customization options for your ship, tough not visible

Okay here's a really obscure one I am pretty sure I played on an emulator for a bit. I think it was SNES, maybe Genesis. It was an untranslated Japanese game, JRPG I think, that you start off as a baby or get turned into a baby or something. That's all I remember, I am not even sure if it was real.

poy poy

Man what a great thread it was

Tyrian? I think I got it for free over on gog

I found it. The Granstream Saga.

Back in the 90s (maybe early 00s) my dad played a PC game. You're on a spaceship and I think it's going to crash? Point and click adventure game, you interact with stuff, I think there was an AI on the ship? Could be wrong about that. Seemed to be in a similar genre as Myst/Riven. I think Douglas Adams or some similar figure was involved with the game. It's been driving me nuts.

Ty, is tyrian indeed, I love u

An old fighting game with robots. I think it was possibly on the Genesis/Mega Drive? The only other thing I remember is that you had this 'boost' ability, like a dash, and the stages just looped infinitely in either direction like a treadmill so if your opponent boosted toward you, you could boost away from them and just remain perpetually out of reach.

A diablo-esque game in a desert with the interface having green orbs on the left in the menus or something.

To this day, I swear it was a Bionacle/Lego game, but I think the information on the game was forever lost to the annuls of time.

Was it good? If so I'm very interested in this, especially if it was legos. Though I do have a vague memory of the cover of a Bionicle game that seems like it would fit but who knows.

I can only recall vague details. It was alright, considering I was possibly 12 or something, Was pretty sure it was on WIN95.