Didn't see a mass effect thread in the catalog. Are you looking forward to biowares swan song?

didn't see a mass effect thread in the catalog. Are you looking forward to biowares swan song?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F3UywfxjTi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>biowares swan-song
EA is gonna buy them twice?

Only if I can play a crippled MC

no but i suspect that they will keep around thier dead corpse and continue to poke it with a stick and do other weird stuff to it

Bioware died with Dragon Age 2. Everything since then has just been whatever fluid oozes out after EA accidentally pokes them too hard with their stick.

nothing
i honestly hope it will be a good game
i hope it can redeem bioware
i hope the multiplayer is an improvement from 3
i hope they dont ride the sjw shit too hard
i hope the story isnt shit
i hope the aliens will look like aliens and not color coated humans

i hope for a lot of things but expect nothing

When does Andromeda take place?

A year before ME1? During ME3?

I think the possible genocide/borgization/xenocide of all AI/etc would overshadow whatever frontier spirit BW seems to be pushing with ME4

they couldve saved it with DAI but no

its good to have hope i suppose

probably just retcon what they want and shove one of the endings they like and call it canon

they leave for the new galaxy just before the events of mass effect 2

i guess thats a way they can ignore ME3 and treat it like the information cant reach them fast enough or something

yeah i imagine somethings from the orignial story will be mentioned like the geth attack on the citadel and shepards actions in the first game

>didn't see a mass effect thread in the catalog
Because no one cares faggot.

Bioware lost any credibility when they shit out disasters like Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3.

DA: Inquisition was mediocre. Mass Effect Andromeda is not going to be any different.

>PeeBee the autistic Asari
>no crew members can die
>they had to give the new aliens clothes because they'd be "too alien" otherwise

600 years after the trilogy. Might as well be a different series entirely.

Fun fact: No companions can die in Andromeda.

On paper the details sound alright but we'll see.

PeeBee is dumb though.

>no crew members can die
Is this really that big of a deal?

After 3 games with "You might get someone killed OOOOOH" I'm fine with nobody dying for 1 game.

I think it'll be better than ME3, at least.

Cisquisition wasn't awfully good but it was still miles better than DA2.

>>no crew members can die

none of the potential crew deaths in the previous games were well done, though

me1: neither kaidan nor ashley are anywhere near good enough characters for anyone to have developed enough emotional attachment to them that their death is a big deal

wrex only dies if you're lazy, stupid or trying to get him killed

me2 crew members also only die if, again, you are bumfuck stupid or are trying to get them killed

me3's only good death was Mordin but he wasn't a crew member by that point

it's no great loss that this 'feature' won't be in andromeda (although it is alarming that they've done the usual bioware thing of just axing a feature if it doesn't work instead of improving it)

the problem is that they're never in any real danger. the story will be adjusted to make sure they always live and are always safe.

Ash is a good character. You can not like her but she's a good, if divisive, character.

Kaiden has plenty of time for someone to get an "emotional attachment" to him, he's there for 3/4ths of the game. He's just boring, I'm not sure what they were going for with him.

It does seem weird to announce ahead of time that they won't die. I guess they just don't care if people know. If there's ever a tense scene where one of them appears to be in danger, we already know they're going to be fine.

Though, I guess saying they won't die doesn't mean they won't be injured. Come to think of it, I feel like that's a pretty rare thing in video games - characters receiving significant but not fatal injuries. It would be interesting to lose an active crew member because they get crushed under a rock slide and have to spend the rest of the game in a futuristic wheelchair.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3UywfxjTi0

Ash WAS a good character.

Clouds of radioactive dust aren't characters

POO IN LOO

>starts at the end of Mass Effect 1
>ships get shot out into different galaxy
>have to pass through dark space
>reapers are all in dark space
>they just let all these ships pass by without doing anything

Okay.

IIRC they're still asleep at that point, aren't they?

ITS GON BE PEEBEE PANTS CITY REAL SOON

because in ME1 the main focus of conversation with Ash had to do with space racism, which is super interesting in the ME universe.

meanwhile with Kaiden you get, what, biotics stuff? He has headaches? Pshh whatever.

Neat.

is she ok?

space racism isn't interesting in ME

I'd rather they be upfront about it now than SURPRISE! on Release Day.

disagree

I don't know what it is, I don't even really like ME2, but that game over sequence scares the shit out of me everytime I see it

I'm actually more psyched for the multiplayer.

I really enjoyed ME 1 and 2, but the ME3 multiplayer had me clocking in over 150 hours in the game. I never even finished the ME3 single player, and from what I've read that's a good thing.

Andromeda is also supposed to bring back the 4-player co-op, and I'm always down for that kind of shit. Vermintide, Dragon Age co-op, ME3 co-op, Dragon's Crown, etc. Any game that gives me skill progression and 4-player co-op is an instant buy for me. If you let me personalize the look of my character as well then I'll probably end up playing the game for years.

fuck you

it's about as interesting as the elf stuff that goes in in dragon age

>Still zero gameplay released
>The only character showcased is PB and Just fuck my franchise up
>First new alien we see is a rehash of the Protheans
Oh yeah it really has me excited....

>SURPRISE! on Release Day

Or they could just say "no comment" and let people play the game and find out on their own.

Totally unique new aliens

the elf shit in Dragon Age got way out of hand in DA:I. Plus race dynamics have always been more interesting in Mass Effect than Dragon Age.

Bioware literally doesnt know what the term alien means given that one asshat of an interview they gave.

how can i fuck it when the genitals and asshole are covered in metal plates

>genitals and asshole are covered in metal plates

Lizards fuck just fine.

Take them off?

Would their cum have pebbles in it?

Kaidan is boring in ME1 but I think he's a badass in ME3.

>actually has a personality
>pulls rank on Blast Hardcheese when he gets snarky during a poker game
>made excellent progress in his military career, actually outranks Shepard within the Alliance hierarchy by the time ME3 rolls around
>is in charge his own squad of covert biotic commandos
>wants to go grab a sandwich with you on the Citadel

If it has an improved version of ME3's multiplayer, it's a day 1 buy

If not, it's trash.

>spend 600 years flying all the way to another galaxy just to find more things to fuck
>implying we're going to be stopped by half an inch of steel

what is this the wifebeater equivalent of armor?

They say it's going to be very similar to ME3 multi, but faster paced and with a couple additions:

- there are microtransactions allowing you to buy specific items, rather than just buy more boxes of random loot
+ everyone has a jetpack

Ye, Krogan man keeps beatin his waifu's ass cause she kills his kids before birth

>"[But] we definitely had to put clothing on these guys," MacMillan goes on, "we needed to dress them up, because as much as we wanted to make them look new or different or alien, you're always going to want to associate with them in some way. There's a really odd disconnect with trying to associate with an alien that's completely naked in front of you. You're standing there and 'hey I'm in clothes - why aren't you in clothes?' So it was definitely the right choice to make to clothe these guys."

They just HAD to give them something to wear

who /talimancer/ here

Microtransaction are special in game currency aren't they?

The random loot is still in there but after awhile it gets really tiresome hoping you got the upgrade you wanted.

I hope you can change your alien characters looks more extensively.

>you're always going to want to associate with them in some way
>there's a really odd disconnect with trying to associate with an alien that's completely naked in front of you

has this ever been a problem in any science fiction, if the alien in question did not have something that specifically resembled human genitalia?

I don't recall anyone giving a shit about the Collectors being naked.

>in game currency aren't they?
Possibly.

But if it's both, I have no doubt that the in-game currency cost of a good gun will be an outrageous grind compared to the oh-so-convenient real money cost.

Hourly reminder.

>i hope they dont ride the sjw shit too hard

Oh you silly silly man.

I just want

- good facial morphs & hairstyles in the character editor so I can make a qt fem rider
- a cute girl companion for her to hold hands with
- good facial animations

it should probably bother me how important this sort of thing has become to me over the last few years, in terms of video games anyway

This is the only reason why you faggots should be Boycotting that piece of shit of a company

Also, D E S I G N A T E D

>only reason

Their last few games have been pretty shitty.

I reeee'd pretty hard at DAI, the entire fucking theme of that game was "Everything you ever learned about the Lore in previous games, regardless of quality, is actually fucking wrong."

and it wasn't even done in a clever or interesting way.

>the only reason
>implying I forgive them for DA2, DAI, Mass Effect 3, or TORTANIC

They'll never get another dime.