Have a steady job

>have a steady job
>get into lifting, reading, cooking
>suddenly RPGs, large sandbox games, and strategy games seem like a massive waste of time
>mostly just pop on for a couple rounds of team based shooters with friends, or play small indie games you can beat in two sittings

wtf I hate video games now

sick blog my man

Why don't you have a GF yet, Sup Forums?

how does it feel being a fucking plebian? you think you're cool because you read books instead of playing video games? or you're going to act like 'cooking' is your new hobby because you've finally learnt how to boil spaghetti instead of geting mommy to cook for you?

This is how you know OP is caught in his own lie, only children and women think cooking is some kind of achievement, especially with the fucking internet

It's ridiculously simple

getting into actual literature pretty much spoils all game writing desu

if you ever thought any game writing was good or compelling at any point in your life you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself

Undertale

Checkmate.

im buff as fuck and have read more books than youve had hot dinners

i still find time to play both an MMO and a sandbox RPG at the same time, and enjoy the fuck out it

get on my level, lazy cunt

>tfw reading crime and punishment and it makes every dumb murder mystery tv show i've watched look like a childrens show

It depends on the dish and you know it.

Undertale is written like a bad anime except with more internet memes and gay characters

It's normal, same evolution happened here.
Most AAA games are just shitty wastes of time.
Indie games are bae, when they're not too much into hipster/SJW propaganda.

90% of food you would normally eat is braindead to prepare

>tfw stable job with decent pay,ex gf I fuck regularly, and tons of hobbies
>tfw enough free time to balance all of them
>tfw a total pleb with shit taste in all of them and enjoy everything

dude relax, im pretty sure im way buffer then you are and maybe read like 3x as many books as you. and my opinion is that games are trash for trash people like yourself

i dont even care about this thread i just some times show up to prank Sup Forums because im so above all of it

No, I cook out of necessity. Time I spend cooking is time I'd rather spend doing other things.

Unless cooking is a hobby for some people. In which case they should make a living of it since it pays well and is fairly steady work.

Most games are a waste of time and part of your development is realizing when you're not getting anything out of a game anymore so you can move on.

>inb5 hurr but all games are a waste of time

I'm way buffer than both of you and have read more books than both of you combined

Most RPG's and sandbox games ARE wastes of time. It's better to just play arcade games. They are very short, very challenging, very fast paced and often very deep so even playing for an hour will be satisfying as hell. And since they're the kind of games you slowly master instead of beating once and never touching again, getting good at them is genuinely satisfying in a way that's similar to other hobbies.

as the buffest and most well read person in this thread whats your opinion on video games ?

they're alright I guess

dude, im a fucking LIBRARY, ive read books about shit you couldnt even conceive

quick, describe to me a completely new colour, never before seen by man

you cant, can you? well i totally could, because my literary skills are above board and top notch, i can describe any shit you can put your mind to

ps: im swole

>inb5 hurr but all games are a waste of time
But they are, I don't know what you're on about. That's not to say hobbies are bad.

>one moment I'm playing Touhou
>the next is call of duty
>maybe some Neptunia here and there
>oh, killing floor sounds fun tonight
>time to play Pokemon until I fall asleep

Seriously, how the fuck do you guys even lose an interest in games so harshly? It sounds like you never even enjoyed them in the first place.

When did Sup Forums turn into tumblr blogs?

I used to love playing video games for hours on end especially RPGs where I could waste alot of time playing them.

Since becoming an adult and having a steady job I lost ALOT of interest in games. I mostly just play multiplayer shooter with friends for a few hours. It feels like a chore trying to get through alot of games.

>Seriously, how the fuck do you guys even lose an interest in games so harshly?
probably because they don't want to look like a braindead sheltered manchild like you do

When you get older you value the quality of time you spend with a lot of things. That doesn't mean I won't blow hours at a time on some games, but if something isn't sitting right then it sours quickly.

to be honest i expected games to become deeper and more complex as i got older, but they didn't. it just got more bland and simpler and as time went on and i got smarter/wiser

i just feel my mind drifting when playing these simplistic %100 win condition games and its just a chore like vacuuming or something. i find posting on Sup Forums more stimulation then playing 99% of games because then i have to at least form an opinion on a new topic

>look like
What is it with you insecure cucks acting like it's the 80's? Video games are mainstream, I've freely discussed games with multiple coworkers even though they're not as popular in my country as they are in places like the US.

hey i like that album!

Why strategy games?
I can understand walking around and grinding to feel stupid (can't deal with the latter especially, but if an open world is cool and lively enough where you can actually do and stumble upon shit i can still enjoy it)

Why it is infrequent, i still enjoy a good game of Advancewars with my brother now and then.

wew that bait lad

you can do better

Combined with life responsibilities, playing any more than one or two games spreads them far too thin for any enjoyment. It would be boring and monotonous to spend an hour a night on an rpg that goes on for a hundred hours, especially if the gameplay isn't that fun or the writing is vapid jrpg tripe.

I'm just playing devils advocate, people who brag about lifting instead of playing video games are deeply insecure people who think everyone will laugh at them for being a video gamer
But someone who plays weebshit like that or pokemon past the age of 12 probably has an IQ of 70

lmao that wasn't bait, he was joking

If you enjoy yourself it's not a waste of time you fucking faggots

I'm the most jacked up buff dude in this fucking thread and I sniff an entire book a day.

Dude, I'm a fucking book based transformer, thats right, im made out of different shaped books of different materials and sizes that creates 1 giant robot. Guess what I transform into? The biggest goddamn pile of books you've ever seen. Furthermore, I've written every book post 1983, all of those authors are actually pseudonyms.

P.S.
I'm so swol that 13% of all humans are actually me, I have so many muscles that I can fully imitate a person just by flexing the right muscles, to the point of using lactic acid from anaerobic respiration as faux stomach acid and saliva

As in the long sustained campaign type of strategy games, 4x and grand strategy and stuff. Eventually you get tired of dedicating days or weeks to one thing.

you never liked video games in the first place. they were just there to fill a void.

When someone tells you a knock-knock joke do you scoff and say "wew lad that bait, you can't fool me I know there's no door there it's just you making a sound"?

no I spit at them because only a dumbass would tell a knock knock joke.

good one shill, stop shilling his bait so hard

Your tastes changed over time. Play whatever you want and don't cry on Sup Forums about it you faggot.

Subscribed.

are you sure you're 18?

You used to be a kid who had nothing to fucking do and would play whatever you have because you couldn't get whatever game you wanted.

Now you have taste and not literally any game will do, boo fucking hoo, woe is you.

>Eventually you get tired of dedicating days or weeks to one thing.
If it remains challenging and the gameplay/learningcurve evolves i don't see a problem here.
Not everything needs to be instant gratification quickly consumed experiences.

I hate how every game tries to be open world now and have "collectibles" and "side missions". FFS i just picked up recore for $15 expecting a linear dungeon based platformer with combat and theres a big fucking open world in this shit too?

Bring back linear games, im tired of this shit

good place to be

'taste' is the most overrated, useless thing someone can acquire, it wastes so much time and costs so much money.

I dearly wish I had lower standards in so many things.

>Not everything needs to be instant gratification quickly consumed experiences.
When time is short, yes it does have to be. Games aren't rewarding for long term gratification, there are far better things for that kind of time investment. It's just something nice to do with friends, or if you're just too tired for anything else.

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting women" as if they are objects to do what? Fuck them and forget about it? Some life. "Getting women" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "playa"s. Who gives a damn about being more social amongst those vapid wastes of food and employment?

Video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, fucking some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.

neon brown

>tfw same
>tfw the only games I like anymore are tf2 and many various rogue-likes and rogue-lites

Just wait till you get a girlfriend. I hardly have time for games anymore.

1/10

Cooking is fun, it takes time, preparation, effort, and finally the result is food you can savor and enjoy.

Edgelord kids trying to make seem bad these days.

i make time for games, games are my hobby. i love them. fuck life and people.

Oh yeah pal well I read a million books per day and I can bench press 150,000 lbs, what now???

I literally rush through chores to get to games and im more time efficient than ever. Having 3 days off a week is pretty good for that, you can play games for 2 days and do chores for one.

you play a shitty combination of games

>suddenly RPGs, large sandbox games, and strategy games seem like a massive waste of time
I spend my life playing vidya and I think that anyway. The only rpg that's ever truly held my attention is morrowind

Haha look at this faggot and his working life
... Haha..

How do I stay NEET forever, bros?

So, what are some books that opened your eyes to how shitty video game writing is. I'm curious what Sup Forums considers good reading.

Nah this is America. Everything that isn't making money 100% of the time is considered a waste of time.

avoid going outside

Twilight

>have no job or school
>get into lifting
>suddenly feel like everything is a waste of time, but everyone warns about overtraining
>just want to be at the gym all day, everything else seems pointless

I've fixed my diet and dropped 4 pant sizes in 2 months too.

I know reading a book is the cool thing to do but as a twitter addict, I already read many tweets about many different subjects daily; ranging from politics (international and domestic), economis, general knowledge, pop culture stuff, some sports and of course, good ol shitposting.

And even if I don't understand something, or maybe a perspective for a subject, I just google it and learn it's basics and then try to build on it.

I know it's the pleb thing to do, but dare I say, the era of scientific books may be over. Sure, poetry and classic literature might feel better on paper but if I want to learn more about Battle of Waterloo, do I still need a book?

6/10

anybody have the pic of jay at the shooting range shooting at a picture of jack

Gravity's Rainbow

watch any tv show, movie or read any book that isn't completely shit

Like what? Are you afraid of being called out or something?
That sounds cool, will put on my backlog.

Watch westworld

Already am, nigga.

Westworld is fucking terrible

My wife would object to my having a gf

OP fucking B T F O

I'll add

>watching Red Cuck Media

I've read more books than you sucked dicks and that's a lot of dicks and I'm pretty much the white giga nigga.

Pleb

fuck, dude, are you me?

I also have a GF fml

This my family. I wish my mum knew how to cook instead of me making food most of the time. Cooking is an art form and is more complex than people think. I am talking about working in a restaurant which requires more than just the skill of knowing how to cook.