Steam Sale thread

which games on my wishlist should i buy now and which should i wait until the Christmas sales? What recommendations would you make off my wishlist? Which games should i drop completely from my list? also general steam sale thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Vlambeer/status/745889622891298817
store.steampowered.com/app/339400
store.steampowered.com/app/226620
store.steampowered.com/app/259680
store.steampowered.com/app/365360
store.steampowered.com/app/257510
store.steampowered.com/app/219890
store.steampowered.com/app/298600
store.steampowered.com/app/357300
store.steampowered.com/app/234390
steamcommunity.com/app/290770
store.steampowered.com/app/204530
store.steampowered.com/app/262260
store.steampowered.com/app/294440
store.steampowered.com/app/254960
store.steampowered.com/app/330180/
store.steampowered.com/app/312530
store.steampowered.com/app/239070
store.steampowered.com/app/422970/
store.steampowered.com/app/446120/
store.steampowered.com/app/400450/
store.steampowered.com/app/394970/
store.steampowered.com/app/283160/
store.steampowered.com/app/357330/
store.steampowered.com/app/265890
store.steampowered.com/app/270150
store.steampowered.com/app/328070/
store.steampowered.com/app/231160/
store.steampowered.com/app/449960
steamcommunity.com/id/karldg
forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-tech-support/unofficial-patch-9-6-beta-2-released!/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd say wait for all of them except for maybe spelunky, but I've never played it. Nuclear Throne will never go on sale by the way. I remember the devs stating they will never put their game on sale, so drop that if you're not willing to pay the price.

Fair enough, i never knew that, i just figured it wasn't on sale this time. A friend of mine keeps recommending it so maybe i'll just pay the $12.

What a bunch of jews

I really dig the music in MRB but the combat boils down to dropkick a group, smash someones face, repeat until everyone is dead.

Mother Russia is garbage, go download Mame kid

Any good games on sale where you can play as a summoner/necromancer?

Also, are the EDF mission packs worth picking up if I haven't completed all of the main story missions yet?

ok, so probably not worth it then. What about Stellaris, anyone got any opinions on that? Keep in mind i actually like all of the Paradox games except Crusader Kings 2.

I just discovered Steam's market place and how people unironically buy TF2 crates for up to 2€ a crate.
Hopefuly I can sell all my tf2 trash before the sale ends.

Mother Russia Bleeds is fun for that price, I'd do it. Spelunky for fuckin sure, love that game.

I got a question, is Castlevania Lords of Shadow any good? $7.5 right now and I have fuckin no idea what else to get.

Toss me other recs if you got em, wishlist included.

its basically paradox in space, but I personally find two things lacking: the end game crises (is that the plural? not a native, sorry), because there's only 4 of them and the war system is retarded. Basically when you declare war you declare your goals as well - and you can not reconsider afterwards. The cost of taking 2-3 well developed planets will max out to 100 warscore and to get that you will have to conquer the entire enemy empire (and after taking all of their planets you get only the ones you "chose"). Considering that in the lategame most surviving empires will have somewhere between 30-40 planets and each war is followed by a mandatory truce conquering the galaxy is a very tedious task.

Forgot pic.

Already got Ikaruga, Ys: Oath and Dishonored.

Anyone else notice that the sales on the front page doesn't actually lower the price any more? They seem to be more like featured games and that's all.

We going to get better prices for the Christmas sale?

should i get the valve complete pack
i don't own a single valve game

If you like DW, I'd recommend you to grab it as that price because Bamco games rarely go on decent sales. One issue I've had with it is that sometimes after tabbing out or opening the steam overlay it will run at low fps for a minute or two before running smoothly again - might just be my machine though

Steam has shit all over their sale system a while ago - games are at a constant sale the entire time which is nice for people who dont have time to check the prices twice a day but it also makes it a lot less exciting - theres no "i wonder if game x I wanted is gonna be on a good sale today". You're shit outta luck there. Doubt christmas will have much different prices because its fairly close

is the sale gonna end tomorrow midday or will it last all day?

I jsut checked steam out of curiostiy and it looks like they updated their sale time to say:

>ends 29th 1pm
so this is the last day.

TIME TO PANIC AND BUY!!!!!!!!

right?
>tfw have too many indie games i need to beat.

Get rid of quantum break.
Now.

luckily for us eurofags this means its early evening and we have all afternoon to brood over our purchase decisions before it ends

thanks for the reply, not sure if I am gonna panic and buy though there will probably be another sale in 2 weeks even if the prices will likely be the same

So how is Downwell?

It's only $1, and it looks pretty fun from the trailers

>$45 in credit sitting on my account
>not a single good game with an appropriate discount

>Kerbal Space Program still over $20 discounted
>SuperHot over $10
>Rocket League over $10
>Salt and Sanctuary over $10
>ONE This War Of Mine DLC is $5 fucking dollars

another failure of a sale, gj steam

Can I run Dragon's Dogma with a gtx 570? Also if I own it on 360 is it worth picking up?

This War of Mine/ worth?

any hidden gems? Looking for some action or spooky games

it was in a humble bundle like a month ago and has been on sale multiple times, they even give out free game codes everytime you beat the game on it's birthday

Alright fuckers, I have $6.50 left on my gift card, what is the best game you can think of?

Can someone give me 0.0033 BTC (2.43 dollars)?

>Ikaruga
Are you interested in more shooters? if so you can try Raiden IV, Cave stuff and Astro Port games which aren't too expensive.

fun as fuck and definitely worth a dollar, it's short but very hard and a good game to play when you need to take a quick break

This War of Mine was easily my GOTY, it's legitimately awesome

lots of replay-ability too

I got The Talos Principle this sale, but I need help with something.

Every time I set my GPU speed settings, I turn off far crumbs, depth of field and FXAA, nothing else. But for some fuckin reason, when I turn off the game then start it up again later, my custom settings are gone and it's just the default ultra settings. How do I make my settings not revert?

Huh, didn't know that. Although it was the $10 tier it was still technically on sale. I was referring to this tweet made by the dev some months ago: twitter.com/Vlambeer/status/745889622891298817

Just to clarify I need it to buy EU IV.

I don't like bullet hells very much. But Ikaruga feels much nicer than CAVE's messy shooterinos.

Drop Nuclear Throne. It's not on sale and it's abandonware. It's better to spend your money on things that aren't shit and are actually on sale.

Does the dx11 version of QB on steam have any drawbacks/disadvantages? Is it cracked?

I've actually had my eye on it since it released just forgot about it I guess. Thanks

Raiden IV and Astro port stuff aren't bullet hells, there is also Dariusburst which is more expensive but pretty good

It's fucking great.

>it's short
Does it have an ending? I thought it was endless

yeah there is an ending

it ends today

any of these survival meme games worth it?
already own terraria

sigh, steam handle?

TIS 100 is currently a dollar in the humble bundle

Decision Time, should I get Tales of Symphonia, Helldivers or Rebel Galaxy?

I need to pick one now

>Deals end soon
>Still can't decide how to use my 9 bucks

I only have free games, so I think I can't receive gifts.
Forgot the name in my previous post, karldgr

choose one senpai

Ori and the Blind Forest
Renowned Explorers
Sunless Sea
Subnautica
An Assasins Creed game
Europa Universalis 4

any of the blackwell games worth picking up?

name isn't popping up, sorry

>Ori and the Blind Forest

any recommendations based on these besides planet coaster or squad?

please reply
sales ends today (or tomorrow)
then again there's the christmas sale two weeks later on

Personal niche recommendations (1/3)

Runestone Keeper — great roguelite / minesweeper game. Looks simple at first, but there’s a surprisingly interesting and challenging gameplay in it.
store.steampowered.com/app/339400

Desktop Dungeons — coffee break roguelike with puzzle elements and huge replayability.
store.steampowered.com/app/226620

Tales of Maj'Eyal — the best roguelike on the market. Simple graphics, but almost limitless potential for hours to spend in it. Has in-game chat with friendly community always willing to help.
store.steampowered.com/app/259680

Battle Brothers — medieval fantasy turn-based tactics with surprisingly deep gameplay, fantastic atmosphere, and promises of it being even better game after EA is over. The best turn based game I played in 10 years.
store.steampowered.com/app/365360

The Talos Principle — first person puzzle made by Serious Sam devs. Smart and interesting challenge, with profound story and beautiful world.
store.steampowered.com/app/257510

Antichamber — first-person puzzle that doesn't play like Portal 2 at all. It's a mind-bending game, that makes you throw away preconceptions and prior experience playing video games and think differently.
store.steampowered.com/app/219890

Lovely Planet — Super Meat Boy from first person perspective with colorful world and VERY challenging levels. A speed run game.
store.steampowered.com/app/298600

Snakebird — surprisingly hard but neat puzzle game. Easy buy for those who want both challenging and clever experience.
store.steampowered.com/app/357300

Teleglitch — Quake II-esque world with top-down perspective and one life per run.
store.steampowered.com/app/234390

The Fall — sci-fi platformer / puzzle / adventure with good story and dialogs. Rather short.
steamcommunity.com/app/290770

Personal niche recommendations (2/3)

Infested Planet — take control of a squad responsible of purging huge amount of xenos in a top-down realtime strategy. Has this Aliens / WH40k vibe.
store.steampowered.com/app/204530

Jets'n'Guns — absolutely fantastic and rad SHMUP with ridiculous number of levels, enemies, jets and guns. Gorgeous soundtrack by cult power-metal group Machinae Supremacy.
store.steampowered.com/app/262260

Shadowgate — very well done remake of an old Macintosh adventure. Just the game to spend dull winter evenings in almost pen-n-paper atmosphere. Good experience for those who love the genre.
store.steampowered.com/app/294440

Silent Storm — RPG set in WWII / post-WWII world with ridiculously smart turn based system and destructibility. Rare game to have Axis story arc in it.
store.steampowered.com/app/254960

Pix The Cat — a VERY good variation on the classic ‘snake’ formula. Huge replayability, addictive soundtrack, and co-op designed for parties.
store.steampowered.com/app/330180/

Duck Game — imagine Smash bros. with ducks and huge variety of different weapons, destructible environment, and a dedicated QUACK button. Must have for parties.
store.steampowered.com/app/312530

Hammerwatch — probably the best Gauntlet inspired game that has ever came out.
store.steampowered.com/app/239070

Devil Daggers — addictive arena shooter with surprisingly great atmosphere and audio/visual design (if you’re into it). Geometry Wars from first person. Go and beat 500.
store.steampowered.com/app/422970/

Bunker Punks — high speed, no bullshit old-school FPS with graphics straight from the last century. If you liked the new Doom, you might like this one too.
store.steampowered.com/app/446120/

receiving a gift will make your account a full account. if you manage to figure out your actual steam name so i can find you ill gift you a copy of tropico 4. I bought a dozen of those when it was 10 cents during a pricing error and still have a few left.

Personal niche recommendations (3/3)

NeuroVoider — rougelite twinstick shooter with great visuals and fantastic dark synth soundtrack. Customize your robotic body for it to suit your playstyle best. Local co-op for up to 4 players.
store.steampowered.com/app/400450/

Deadbolt — a gritty combination of Gunpoint and Hotline Miami by creator of Risk of Rain. Playing as the Reaper, hunt souls that refuse to cross the river to the afterlife.
store.steampowered.com/app/394970/

House of the Dying Sun — game heavily inspired by Tie Fighter with aesthetics of Homeworld. One of the few games that actually benefit from being played in VR. Soundtrack by the composer of E.Y.E.
store.steampowered.com/app/283160/

Space Beast Terror Fright — FPS / dungeon crawler set in sci-fi world that reminds of Warhammer 40k Space Hulk and Aliens. Has co-op for up to 4 players on the same screen. Epileptics beware.
store.steampowered.com/app/357330/

Hexcells — neat little variation on minesweeper. Relaxing music and enough levels to keep you busy for a few evenings.
store.steampowered.com/app/265890

RUNNING WITH RIFLES — surprisingly deep tactical shooter, despite it having a top-down view and being pretty light hearted about itself and war in general.
store.steampowered.com/app/270150

Reflex — spiritual successor to Quake III. Community is small and very hardcore. Unless you’re very good with arena shooters, — beware.
store.steampowered.com/app/328070/

The Swapper — visually stunning puzzle with ridiculously good atmosphere and plot that will probably leave you full of existential thoughts.
store.steampowered.com/app/231160/

Book of Demons — Diablo on rails with fantastic aesthetics and addictive gameplay. Not a dungeon crawler in the conventional sense, but rather closer to cookie-clicker where your clicks actually matter.
store.steampowered.com/app/449960

Stellaris, its pretty great

steamcommunity.com/id/karldg

Deadbolt actually is made by the RoR people? I was considering getting it, but now im getting even more interested.
Also Running with Rifles is amazingly fun and I'd love a group of people to play it with - its just so much more fun wrecking the non-greys with buddies

Any good RPG's I should get?

does anybody have d-dogma for trade?
strangely its more expenisve where i'm at than in the surrounding countries, I can get you anything for a similar price.

It's made by the same developer and same composer. There were no other people involved as far as I know.

Stelaris is shit, you'll be bored after 10 hours. Its really fucking shallow and the Jews over at Paradox will squeeze 100 DLC bucks outta you by the time its a full game like Eu4 or CK2, which are far better than Stelaris. Plus, the usual problems with modern grand stratagey games since like 2010, there's bearly any stratagey. Trust me, over 1000 hours shamelessy put into these games.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up user. I appreciate it.

I got:

Dishonored Definitive Edition & Pirate Warriors 3

also going to get:

Enter the Gungeon & Stick of Truth

If my Refund goes through in time.

Don't get Stick of Truth user. I'm 99% sure the sequel is going to include stick of truth.

Speaking of Gungeon, different user here, but can anyone tell if this is any good or not?

apparently you can't just wire money, otherwise I'd give you that $2.43 or whatever it was

only way I saw was for you to list an item on the steam market for the amount you want and for me to buy it, so if you have any trading cards or some shit do that

>Speaking of Gungeon, different user here, but can anyone tell if this is any good or not?
It's awesome but it's difficult. If you're not into hard games you may have a bad time.

I'll just pirate the sequel at first, anyways and if I really like it i'll buy it when it goes on sale for cheap.

It's one of the games I Refunded to see if I might like something else instead. Out of the other games I did the same to, it's the only one that i'm going to rebuy to keep. So I think it's pretty good, user.

Should I grab Unholy Heights now, or wait and see if it gets cheaper on Christmas?

Lisa is super cheap right now if some of you guys haven't played it yet

>Should I grab Unholy Heights now, or wait and see if it gets cheaper on Christmas?
I personally don't think it will get cheaper, but I don't think it would hurt to wait a couple of weeks to find out.

Should I really bother getting any of these?
>Max Payne 3
>FarCry 3
>Vampire Masquarade: Bloodlines
>Shovel Knight
>Wings of Vi

I only really buy games this time of year because they are so cheap.

>Max Payne 3
>FarCry 3
>Vampire Masquarade: Bloodlines
max payne 3 has a lot of cutscenes that interrupt the action but its still pretty decent
farcry 3 i didn't enjoy but its still better than #4
vampire needs a community patch but its worth it. people will say not to buy it because the devs went bust years ago

Probably going to get Endless Legend but I really feel like a space strategy after watching some LotGH. Preferably turn based. Thoughts?

Got Total Annihilation for nostalgia purposes.

>devs went bust years ago
potential pirate then depending on how easy is it to get running. ty

>space strategy
Have you (or anyone else for that matter) played that Halcyon game yet? It looks like it has some potential.

Get Master of Orion 2. Nothing better has come out since it unfortunately. Also get FTL if you don't have it.

I got

>Rogue Legacy
>Momodora 3

They seemed like they would be fun. Planing to get on the Christmas Sale:

>Rabi-Ribbi
>Dishonored
>CS:GO
>Thief Series
>Starbound
>Stardew Valley
>Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Rabi-Ribi is cool, I got it in this sale and am already 12 hours in. Reverie Under the Moonlight is a completely different type of game than Momo 3 and a lot better.

its easy to get running download this
forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-tech-support/unofficial-patch-9-6-beta-2-released!/
its available on gog which is easier to download

cheers m8

Is elder scrolls online worth it for $10?

Rabi ribi i great. So is Momodora.

I love endless legend, it's great. Sins isn't bad, especially for the price. Ironically avoid endless space as its kind of bad. If you haven't played them, get the homeworld remaster.

Doom is great, it's like $20 right? Good deal. Shogun 2 is my 2nd favorite TW game as well. Attilla isn't bad for the price but it plays a bit different. Rome 2 is not good.

Anyone? They seem kinda neat I just don't want to waste $4

Is Stardew Valley FUN?

>Is elder scrolls online worth it for $10?
It's really good on PS, actually. I definitely think it worth 10, especially if you're into TES universe. Thinking of getting it again this time for PC.

Is Wolfenstein good?

Yeah FTL is pretty dope.

Any idea which DLCs I should get?

Thanks anons, I'll get Orion 2 and Homeworld and I'll ditch Sins for now.

Yes

Oh snap, it's my time to shine. Basically, they're hit and miss. Do they worth 4 bucks? Absolutely. Second game is the strongest one in the series, followed by 1 and... 3rd I think? The last two games are pretty crappy in my opinion. Couldn't finish the series because of it.

>especially if you're into TES universe
I am not actually but some of the stranger mythology shit in it seems really rad.

For EL? most of them, the 3 new races they add are pretty different. Shadows and Guardians are good, but Shifters probably brings the most since it has the Pearls.

Don't forget Forges of Creation for EL is free as well.

Yeah, but its really story heavy and breaks up a lot of the pure shooting if you just wanna pew pew.

>Fun
>Where do you think you are.jpg
I enjoyed it though, throw some mods on to improve the sprites.

any active multiplayer or online mode game for around 10 bucks?

Okay, rechecked the games. First three games are awesome, while 4th felt like a pile of trash to me. Haven't finished it because of how boring and dumb story is in there. Haven't touched 5th game. I enjoyed the 2nd game more than Gemini Rue, but at the same time I feel like Gemini Rue is a better game than the whole Backwell series.

>spoiler
You can't say that without recommending any

oh! that sucks you never wanted to finish it user. I guess I'll pick em up, I understand that they're pretty short. I don't really mind that though.

Thanks for the response user!