Since the latest patch came out this game has been generating alot of positive press...

Since the latest patch came out this game has been generating alot of positive press, is it actually worth buying and playing now?

asking for a friend

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O54J5Rtk0yY
youtube.com/watch?v=kSjrLYT1hr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

If the DLC had been released for free maybe, but it's not worth the price you now have to pay to upgrade from piece of shit edition to half decent edition. Don't support ubi.

>game was 14 bucks
>season pass was 14 bucks
>28 dollars and 85 hours later

A shame you have shit taste

what a shame, i thought Ubisoft finally made the game good.

>asking Sup Forums if a game is good
>taking any response seriously

If Compile Heart released the base game with an anime makeover there would be people on Sup Forums who would consider it GOTY.

picked it up at a pawn shop for $20. it's definitely worth that much. haven't played the dlc, tho, base game has a good amount of content. play with friends if you can. the story mission difficulties are sort of spread out, so you have to do a handful of small missions between that can get repetitive if you're playing alone. fun game tho. feels tacticool

It's better than it was, it's pretty good for 20 bucks but I feel sorry for any fucker who paid full price.

You know, if this wasn't a shit posting thread and I hadn't been here for years I would try and tell you why the game is good.

But it won't matter, OP has no interest in the game, he simply wants to shit on it for no reason.

It is Tom Clancy's Destiny
Take that for what you will.

The only thing I dislike about the game so far is that there is only one type of environment, and that gets stale after 4 hours.

But the DLC are both randomly generated dungeons, and a battle royale/hunger games/culling type survival mode. I assume the last DLC will be a wave based defensive survival mode.

But the main game is okay, just repetitive and worse than Destiny in that regard.

I liked Destiny alot before i sold my ps4 because it had no games and now that it's 45 bucks on steam for the base game + all DLC I don't want to pass it up.

literally, fuck this game
I played the beta, actually liked it, bought it on release day
grinding to level 30 or whatever was probably the most fun I had in the game, but then the pathetic, sorry excuse for an endgame hit, and I realized that the game was fucking dogshit.
Unfortunately, my friends really liked it, so I ended up playing for a while after the raid mode thing came, which was a fucking garbage 15 wave shit fest where you hide in a corner waiting for an enemy with explosives to spawn so you can kill him and plant the explosives on an APC, which is a vehicle, which doesn't ever move.
then you'e finally beat it after at least an hour on challenging difficulty, for a good run. my team wiped at the last wave and had to start the whole thing over too many times for me to count.
and you'd get basically nothing for reward. all the guns sucked besides 3 smgs for pvp and one extremely op sniper rifle for pve

I was able to go afk in the middle of a mission or incursion or farming for a long time, multiple times, and no one even noticed, because in high level pve all you do is hide form shotgun npcs that can one shot you from across the fucking map

then the stupid fucking underground dlc came out and had a new game type called underground, which was a randomly generated mission, kind of like rifts in Diablo 3, with different difficulty levels and modifiers to add and get you better gear, but only the new armor sets and weapons dropped form underground missions and they were all fucking awful.

the only good gun added in underground was the g36, which they nerfed a week after launch because they thought it was op because it actually did damage instead of shooting marshmallows

to make things even worse, you could get stuck in the underground unable to move and have literally NO WAY of getting unstuck without resetting the game
dont even get me started on the pvp
I havent played since then, the new update sounds like minecraft
to answer your question: probably not

It's more like Tom Clancy's Diablo 3 Reaper of souls

destiny is a decent shooter with thinly veiled, tacked on rpg loot elements

division is a mediocre loot rpg with really shitty, clunky, tacked on shooter mechanics

>shotgun npcs that can one shot you from across the fucking map
1.4 fixed that

> but only the new armor sets and weapons dropped form underground missions and they were all fucking awful.

The gear sets were the best gear in the game at the time, Alpha bridge being the best in underground

>shooting marshmallows
You mean how people realized that going armor/def at the time was more important then going full damage.

Go figure.

>PvP
>in any game
>ever
PvP will always be garbage in every game, why? Because faggots glitch/cheat/abuse the system to win, always have and always will.

>shotgun npcs that can one shot you from across the fucking map
>1.4 fixed that
No it did not.

Then you have less then 75k health at level 30.

Because in 85 hours of gameplay I've never been one shot by a shotgun AI, even on Tier 5.

Meh

Still a better update than No Man's Buy

Probably won't re-download it though

>destiny is a decent shooter

lmao no. bullet sponge enemies are the antithesis of decent shooters and destiny is one of those.

>bullet sponge enemies
You do know the entire point of this is to show you know how to either build a character, or know how to fucking aim right?

I also consider Destiny to be one of the best story driven shooters of all time. Simply because of the fact of how much lore there is.

If you bothered to actually read the damn grimour cards

shooter, as in smooth(ish) gameplay and shooting mechanix.
If I switch guns but then want to quickly switch back, or even y y, I can do that in destiny
you can't do that in division, the gameplay is just clunky imo

So what was fixed? Big picture things.

>that sudden rise in the division threads
>every op talks about the "good press"

hmmmmm

Because we should give any fuck about what the press thinks right?
Shoo shoo shill

>blind and firecrest were straight shiite
>the pp19 was awful
>npc damage scaling was so fucked up that everyone had to stack defense and only run first aid and smart cover
>FUCKING SHOCK TURRETS IN PVP

When it first came out their idea of difficulty made the game frustrating to play. You had to do so much work for so little gain that it just wasn't worth it. Now after 1.4 it's a relaxing way to pass the time but kind of easy. I'd say it's worth getting if you just want a grinding game to nod off to where you actually have to pay attention in combat, but is has no raids or leaderboards so the grind isn't really for anything. I'm excited to try Survival some time this week, looks neat.

>asking for a friend
Nice try Ubisoft

seriously though, don't bother, some months ago the PC version was full with hackers and shit.

I said big picture things not 10 pages of "We buffed this weapon by 1%.."

wierd, I could have sworn I replied to the OP.

>buying Ubisoft games

lol

yeah go for it man, kill the industry, all the casuals are doing it already anyway

Survival is really good, it's probably the best 'battle royale' game mode ever made

Honestly if they just sold Survival by itself sales would jump by 1000%.

When was it $14?

Not him but I bought a physical PC copy from Amazon for ~$14 three or four weeks ago, and the same thing was $10 last week.

Survival is shit.

It is literally just a race to get extracted due to the short timer you have to do it.

If they removed the timer and actually allowed you to effectively craft gear and take in the environment, it'd be worth it.

Besides, Survival is what the game should have been from the start (minus the infection). It should just be a different difficulty rather than a game mode added through a DLC, much like in Fallout.

>I assume the last DLC will be a wave based defensive survival mode.
Wrong. Ages ago people hacked into a new area of the game that still hasn't shown up in the DLC so the final DLC will actually be filled with story missions.

youtube.com/watch?v=O54J5Rtk0yY

Well shit then

Yeah I agree the timer sucks ass.

I don't know if it's PCs playerbase, or shitty Aus internet but matchmaking is a joke. I can barely find people to match up with and the group hubs are often scare.

It's kind of a shame really. Still enjoying it for what it is.

Just need people to play with.

Isn't Tom Clancy dead? Why do they keep using his name

Brand recognition.

Brand awareness. He sold his name to Ubisoft years ago. I don't understand why they use it he would never make a retarded story like this.

the lore and story in Destiny are both shit
literally only idiots think its actually good

Who even was Tom Clancy anyway?

It was shit till the taken king, then got ok and now its back to shit with the iron lords shit.

Ubisoft has the rights to use his name.

Also he approved the name at the very least. chances are this game was in development for like 10 years

youtube.com/watch?v=kSjrLYT1hr8

An anime makeover would actually help with the suspension of disbelief. As it is there's a huge gap between how the game looks and feels and how it plays.

Ubisoft has hired hillary's pr team apparently

THE PRESS AND POLLS AGREE, #IMWITHUBISOFT

it was literally never good, even with TTK
name 3 things that actually improved

>I also consider Destiny to be one of the best story driven shooters of all time

Wew lad, just because it has decent lore that you can only access via external websites, doesn't mean it is story driven.

I mean i could Google it, If i was a bitch

Sup Forums clan when I need people to run missions with

What are you on about?

>more cutscenes
>more voice acting
>more story coherence

>actually believing """gamer journalism sites"""

those numbers don't represent all platforms.