What went wrong with dark stalkers? Why no new game?

What went wrong with dark stalkers? Why no new game?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/darkstalkers-resurrection-fails-to-meet-capcom-sales-targets/1100-6406806/
youtube.com/watch?v=MsTaVdjqMME
youtube.com/watch?v=ElTfCgeRsRs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Darkstalkers Resurrection didn't sell well enough for Capcom, despite being a top 10 seller on PSN when it was released
gamespot.com/articles/darkstalkers-resurrection-fails-to-meet-capcom-sales-targets/1100-6406806/

I'm hoping the next Capcom crossover will have enough Darkstalkers material for fans to like, therefore convincing Capcom to look into making another Darkstalkers.

Because Capcom is retarded.

Capcom killed it.

>release a port of a game from 1992
>expect it to sell well

Capcom is retarded

You had your chance but you did not buy DarkstalkersĀ® Resurrection

Capcom doesnt give a fuck

Waiting until MvC4 comes out, then they'll think about Darkstalkers again.

>Capcom dev recently said nothing is happening with MVC4 but he appreciates the interest
>rumors that MVC4 will be announced at PS Experience persist
I'll believe it when I see it.

>sample

They're waiting for MvC4 so they can have a good nextgen base to reuse for Morrigan.

That would induce much jerking.

youtube.com/watch?v=MsTaVdjqMME

Lost me there.

What we have here?

Yes?

No bb hood the threax

The industry changed a lot during the decade Capcom backed out of fighters. Instead of making lots of games even within the same genre like they used to, companies nowadays focus on just one or two IPs, and often refuse to have multiple IPs in the same genre because they consider it to be "competing with themselves." Same reason Nintendo keeps making Mario Kart but refuses to make more F-Zero.

tl;dr game industry went to shit

Also despite what lots of 09ers would have you believe, Darkstalkers was in fact a profitable and popular IP in its day. It made the top 5 of the arcade income charts 3 games in a row, the second game in the series actually making it to the #3 spot of its year, a year which coincidentally was one of the most profitable years for arcades in the whole decade.

>because they consider it to be "competing with themselves."

This is why they had good things turned out, competition.

RIP

hello Morrigan

Here's a Darkstalkers 2 tournament that just happened the other day if anyone's interested in watching.
youtube.com/watch?v=ElTfCgeRsRs

Hello user ~

I hope you're having a good day, you've made my week great

>tfw not enough time and privacy to join in on the inevitable erp session

Crossovers have already been featuring Darkstalkers for almost 20 years with no actual new Darkstalkers game in sight. If anything the constant crossover appearances are hurting the franchise because you get so many eople who only know them form crossovers thinking of them as nothing but crossover fodder. To the point you get people like Miximillian saying "people like the characters, but they don't buy the games". Gee, maybe that has something to do with putting them in crossovers again and again without actually making a new game for 20 fucking years?

I'm glad user and yes I am good

Enjoy your great week now ~

You're missing out user

I trust Morrigan a lot, she has been a wonderful partner.

Yeah, I know.
I'll have to do it next time, like a week and a half from now. I'll just jerk to her in the shower or something for now.

Would ypu fug her knowing youd die on orgasm?

Morrigan has left me breathless a lot, it's a quick recovery if you're strong enough to handle her

They're definitely hurting them. Suppose someone actually does make a new DS, but overhauls Morrigan playstyle? fans of 20 plus years of games aren't going to be happy so the character won't change mechanically, even if the character could theoretically need one. If they're just going to recycle them for cross-over games, they really need to cycle the characters. Morrigan alone isn't going to get anyone new into the DS franchise. You need to show all the other characters. This isn't some Tronne Bonne situation. DS has a great and colorful cast.

Plus slowly cycling the cast generates assets to use for a new Darkstalkers, making production costs way lower with each new character brought up.

I'm Hey Morrigan, what should I imagine you wearing while in the shower?

SF2 and MvC2 managed to, so they thought everything could. But aside from being fucking SF2 and MvC2, 2 of the most popular fighters ever, those rereleases had advantages in timing that the rest of the rereleases last gen didn't. Hyper Fighting came out way back in 2006, when online play was still largely a fresh new novelty, and long before Capcom returned to making new fighting games. HD Remix came out right around the same time as SF4, when Capcom was only starting to make its comeback. MvC2 came shortly after SF4. But then after that Capcom made MvC3, a bunch of updates to SF4, and even some new crossovers in TvC and SFxT. Amidst all that, who would be interested in more old games? They still put out rereleases of SF3, Jojo, MvC1 and Darkstalkers amidst all that, each one getting fewer sales than the last. Just happened tha Darkstalkers was the last one, so by that time there was absolutely no interest left in buying online ports of old Capcom fighters.

Crapcom is a faggot.

How about this oufit? you might like rubbing your dick on the string of my bikini

C-Could you post your email?

How did you know I'd like it??
Are you the same Morrigan as the one on skype?

She's not banned, is she?

I made this thread cause i watched the movie. it needed more Morrigan.

maybe not now qt

>

Because I know what your dick craves for

No I am not, I just got a bit busy

I'm gonna have fun in the shower now!

Have fun ~

And remember spurt a lot for me

The Darkstalkers OVA, you mean? I've got mixed feelings on that, it's got some great visuals, with all sorts of references to the games, but the story falls apart real quick and too much time is spent on Donovan's and Hsien-Ko's pasts. Supposedly the story's a bit different in the novelization, but I haven't rea it myself. Although speaking of it needing more Morrigna, one difference I've heard second hand about the novelization is that it actually does feature Morrigna fighting Pyron. something that never happens in the OVA. I still bought the recent Discotek rerelease, their remastering job was very nice.

Oh my god donovan dude is such a killjoy. Beat pyron in a cool way still but all he did was mope about muh darkness.
Haisn-ko and her sister were alright but yeah that backstory took up too much time.
Time that couldve been spent on felicia or anybody else.

Ah, that was nice... and yes, it was a lot~
Thank you Morrigan!

it's a really fun series
i wish more people played

at least we have this shitty comic to look forward to

Thats always nice

Capcom killed the series, they never had the intention to make a new one. Ono is fighting pointless battle.

Vampire Hunter is such a comfy game, I could see DS4 playing a bit more like it than Savior

New material? I'd buy it.

Lilith kisses all the boys?
Fuck it, I'm all in.

I was gonna say "what's that?"

Then I noticed Udon. I'm kinda surprised they still bother with comics.