Why did Soul Calibur die? Is it because they inexplicably killed off all their cast...

Why did Soul Calibur die? Is it because they inexplicably killed off all their cast, a stupid move that no other fighting game would make?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VWjYtzPJ3qE
youtube.com/watch?v=NvbvkP90OQU
youtube.com/watch?v=sd8rWl9fQWY
youtube.com/watch?v=eaMlTjouRtc
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqd7xrHpfYw
youtube.com/watch?v=Re7ehvCTT4E
youtube.com/watch?v=fHhy_UXJaks
youtube.com/watch?v=tCyi-88wUYY
youtube.com/watch?v=BmHx-K15yZI
youtube.com/watch?v=EfRNQu9o1Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=c5UVIxcuvpA
youtube.com/watch?v=CwZSrXv5LW0
youtube.com/watch?v=MnUfDTVmQr4
youtube.com/watch?v=oBuidfTqPUs
youtube.com/watch?v=LGDDl5SzQfk
windowscentral.com/microsoft-hypes-record-killer-instinct-player-numbers-xbox-march-highlight
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Soul Caliber was never good.
That was the problem.

Because fighting games in general died.

DOA

Bamco killed single player content, the reason why 2, 3 and even 4 sold good numbers.

3d isnt as accessible as 2d

>Why did Soul Calibur die?
It didn't, are you an underage retard or is this just bait?

Soul Calibur made me horny

SC5 didn't sell well.

How long has it been since the last soul caliber user?

youtube.com/watch?v=VWjYtzPJ3qE

Shame, it was the best since the first game.

>tfw playing SC4 and wishing they would have just made a Star Wars fighting game already

SC5 was retarded though. Too many LITERALLY WHOs and most of them were just bargain bin versions of previous characters. Also the inexplicable wizard bitch and the dude who had some kind of Stand

2 years.

I REALLY want to lick Cassandra.

>Is it because they inexplicably killed off all their cast, a stupid move that no other fighting game would make?
Tekken 3 nigga, and it only got more popular after that. Granted by T5 they brought most of the T2 cast back but T3 only brought back Paul, Nina, Anna, Heihachi, Lei and Yoshimitsu.

Doesn't help when the newest game is a patchi slot.

DUDE IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE???

Because they have an amazing artist for the games, but the team in charge of modeling characters is full retard.

It's not even like they're bad models. They just don't match the art at all.

B-but muh FGC

It's crazy, I still play Soul Calibur III all the time, even over a decade later.

I'd say it was probably this.

>tfw playing SC4 and wishing they would have just made a Star Wars fighting game already
Capcom was actually commissioned to make one in the '90s before it was decided to just have LucasArts make it in house resulting in Masters of Teras Kasi.

Capcom reworked their planned Star Wars game into Star Gladiator.

It sold a couple million. Is that "not good" for a game with no advertising and a microscopic budget?

They did. It's not good.

>disagreement with roommates
>winner of a best of 5 in soul calibur 2 decides who is right

lots of fun bros

that fucker can't touch my Voldo

Mortal Kombat X pulled off what Soul Calibur 5 was trying to do way better.

I still have my VMU save file for Soul Calibur 1.

Apart from like 8 difficult missions, I've basically completed the game, all characters, all stages, damn near all extra gallery stuff.

I still play it from time to time, but it's not really fun when there's only like 9 characters in the game. But pulling out the Fishing controller and playing Mitsurugi is always a blast.

Had a great soundtrack too.

youtube.com/watch?v=NvbvkP90OQU

I still mad

About Taki?

Chronicles of the sword was the shit. Best mode in any fighting game ever.

Im not him but Im mad about a lot of things but yes that is one of my chief concerns

Im not even mad they replaced her. On paper I love the idea that she has a student to watch over and give her life some meaning beyond KILL DEMONS. But fuck me, Natsu is just so goddamn awful. I don't want Take 2.0 but I think we can do better than a literal gender bent Naruto

/thread

I'M GOING ALL OUT

The only way to play Soul Calibur 2 is on Gamecube, no exception

>theatre mdoe or whatever its called
>move taki
>pause

>read that sophitia does a giggle when butt-slamming male opponents
I don't recall this.
Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Wasnt 5 the best selling SC game though

link was the worst
heihatchi was almost as bad
spawn was the best

but the GC controller was GOAT

>always wanted to settle opinions in game
>nobody wanted to because I won majority of the fights
My mains weren't even that good.

Just from a quick look it seems 4 sold more

Spawn is the shit, but even tho Link was shit (he really was) he still made the game gather enough peeps to play it.

lets face it, without the GC Exclusive, none of us wouldve known what the fuck was a Soul Calibur.

They added new characters to replace beloved old ones
They stopped putting out any kind of news or update on what they're doing now
Lack of single player content

That said, what fighting game or fighting game company has the most single player content

I just want my ninja back. was bad enough she wasn't in 5 but I even lost out on my dream ninja girl team up of Taki and Hibana in Xzone because of that blond piece of shit

i had it for dreamcast

i do have soul calibur 2 on GC, but i had the first one on DC

git gud casual fag

Mortal Kombat, at least up until recently. Some of their solo content was fucking ridiculous.

I feel like I got a lot of use of of Soul Calibur 2. I bought it when it first came out and played it with a group of friends in highschool and then years later I played it with an entirely different group of friends in college.

>supposed to believe that this Aryan goddess is gree

That no effort terrible free to play game doesn't count.

Yes.

Fact. 2nd best is Online HD version on PS3

Greek, fuck

They did the same fucking thing Killer Instinct did. Characters that the players have 0 fucking attachment too. Gamers that don´t play fighting games, at least tried SF or Tekken in some form or another during at least the two decades they have been alive. Ryu, Ken and Law plus Paul gives people the feel nostalgia, or for gamers that do play fighting games, fond memories. They recognize and care to some degree about this fictional characters.

Nobody, gives a flying fuck about the new Edgy Patroklolos or whatever the fuck the guy´s name is in the new SC, in the mean time, no Taki. Nobody gives a fuck about the Skellie or GoW boss in Killer Instinct.

Doesn´t matter how good the game is, you don´t give a fuck about the series if you don´t give a fuck about the characters, as simple as that.

I forgot how sexy Taki is

I want to tame Taki!

>THICC TAKI

oh my fuck

Her SC2 design was always my favorite

>tfw always had giant fake tit fetish

That guy's art went in an interesting direction. He did a lot of Asuka Kazama stuff too

The worst part is, that blonde piece of shit is basically universally despised. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in any community say "Gosh, I'm glad they replaced Taki with her."

It's all Namcos fault for showing too much love for tekken when SCV sold more than TTT2.

They never had a dedicated director that stuck around. Tekken had Harada since 3. Everyone who works on SC just leaves or moves on to other projects.

im gonna nut soon

killer instinct actually outsold SFV.

That game was fucking terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=sd8rWl9fQWY
youtube.com/watch?v=eaMlTjouRtc
youtube.com/watch?v=Jqd7xrHpfYw
youtube.com/watch?v=Re7ehvCTT4E
youtube.com/watch?v=fHhy_UXJaks
youtube.com/watch?v=tCyi-88wUYY
youtube.com/watch?v=BmHx-K15yZI
youtube.com/watch?v=EfRNQu9o1Bk
youtube.com/watch?v=c5UVIxcuvpA
youtube.com/watch?v=CwZSrXv5LW0
youtube.com/watch?v=MnUfDTVmQr4
youtube.com/watch?v=oBuidfTqPUs
youtube.com/watch?v=LGDDl5SzQfk

Mein neger

>Soul Blade/Edge
Lots of stupid shit but was overall a pretty good game, a nice start to the series.

>Soul Calibur
Fantastic game, fixed many of the problems with the first game and refined and expanded on many mechanics, looked absolutely amazing for its time.

>Soul Calibur 2
Horribly dumbed down version of SC1, focus on a "wider audience" gameplay depth was removed in favor of adding guest characters as a selling point, many bugs such as Gstep and 2G make this already painfully slow game even worse.

>Soul Calibur 3
HORRIBLE game received zero testing has even more bugs than SC2, completely unplayable mess. the Arcade Edition fixes most of these bugs and adds new characters.

>Soul Calibur 4
Fixed various problems with the series but added a retarded physics engine that had no place in a fighting game, this led to many infinite juggles and instant ring out combos.

>Soul Calibur 5
By far the best game in the series, goes back to its SC1 roots, ads depth and solid mechanics over stupid minigames, expands on many of the original mechanics, overall a great game.

At this point I just want them to add SC characters into the new tekken because SC6 is never going to happen.

>yfw save corruption

Agreed

they need to retcon the entire fuck up that SCV caused and add better single player stuff.

This. The series was always well known for its single player content. Its one of the things that made it so different from its competition. Then they released one that not only removed a good chunk of it, but had LESS than what competitors give for as much if not more.

That said, despite dumb shit like replacing the cast and gutting the game, mechanically it was really friggin good.

Only if you mean on the Dolphin Emulator then I agree.

It's actually kind of creepy how they dropped almost all the girls because they where "too old"

I get you want to appeal the Japanese and younger characters have more appeal to the gaming market but Taki is a magic ninja, she's not TOO OLD because she's 40 something. Not to mention Talim would only be about 30 and Mina slightly over that.

Just seems skeezy

>Updates
>Mattering for shit
Go kill yourself

New games with good content is far better than shitty patches

Why was Nightmare so much more powerful than every other character in SC2? He was as strong as Asteroth, but like five times as fast. It was like playing as a boss character.

>F2P
>Pay 5 bucks for characters you want to play
>Sell season passes
Unless we get raw sales data directly from MS book keeping department(which never happens), any sale numbers is total horseshit.

Same with DoA5.

lolno

that would never work because the gameplay styles dont mesh together, sure Devil Jin was in SCV but putting in everyone in tekken would require completely different movesets with limited weapon use

Japan cant do older looking girls.

He wasn't, you were just shit at the game

Skellie? You mean Spinal? Get fucked nigger, he was my favorite in the SNES Killer Instinct.

There was really no reason to time skip though. We sure as shit didn't need to hear the story about Sophis shitty kids at the cost of the entire roster

Could still probably kick your ass, baby boy.

windowscentral.com/microsoft-hypes-record-killer-instinct-player-numbers-xbox-march-highlight
It has 6 million players and SFV hasn't even reached 2 million yet.

Or at the very least go back in time a little where all of the main cast was still young. The huge time gap between IV and V was completely unnecessary aside from forcing in the incest twins.

Pasta detected

Ivy made me feel funny way back in SC2.

>Asukafag chimes in!

ara ara user-kun