This game is too long. 30 hours in and that's only disc 1. Why must JRPGs be this long...

This game is too long. 30 hours in and that's only disc 1. Why must JRPGs be this long? It's fun to play but it's becoming kind of a drag. I'm taking a break from it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KhdtFpUmmgU
youtube.com/watch?v=kTsGvIR1_jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WbmCKT3XSAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this thread lacks Demon Fang.
youtube.com/watch?v=KhdtFpUmmgU

Well, what particular part are you on?

Is this game worth getting? I just don't know if I could get over the clunky factor of its age.

But if you take a break, you'll be totally lost when you come back!
Also, IIRC, Disc 2 is the last 25% of the story

Altessa's house. After you leave Presea in her house.

I think Disk 2 is pretty small in comparison.
>not liking long games
Why user?

That's about 2/3 of the game already.

It is totally worth it. Just get it.

They were meant to be played a save slot at a time. They weren't meant to be played in one sitting.

Play tales of the world instead, It is better.

Post your favorite Tales of Symphonia video.

It's arguably the best tales of game.

>30 hours
>long

baka senpai

There's a journal in the game. You can check the objectives there.

Not OP but I'm also playing this and took two long breaks already. I really should finish this game.

This is going to sound like the most autistic thing ever, but during my playthrough I took a break at presea's house in the woods and ended up not playing it for 5 or 6 years. When I picked it up again, it felt like me and the crew were on this long and arduous journey to get shit done, like the entire time I wasn't playing, Lloyd and co. were saving the world. It added a certain sensation of everybody knowing eachother for a long time and when I finished it I cried.

Rate or hate.

>It added a certain sensation of everybody knowing eachother for a long time and when I finished it I cried.
You had me up till here, I gotta call you an autist after that bit.

Holy shit this is amazing.

It warms my heart to see people still talking about Symphonia to this day.

>2/3

Fucking what? He's barely past halfway into the first disk, he's maybe a third of the way in.

Yes.

SHINJITERU YO!

So who else used to take the game box into the bathroom, and jack off to Sheena? I miss being able to get off to fully clothed women.

Should I get this for my PS3 or PC.

Gamecube. Failing that, PC, if you can mod it.

It was my first Tales of game and every entry I've tried in the series since hasn't lived up to the impression this gave.

Did they fix the PC version? Worth 6 bucks if I've never played it?

I MUST BE A GENIUS

>clunky

no really, primarily because of action combat. you want clunky play something turn-based from the period.

Gamecube is the only one with 60FPS combat straight out of the box.

>dawn of the new world

I'm still mad. Also, way to squander Lloyd.

The appeal of JRPGs is that they are time sinks. You take comforting simplistic and easygoing gameplay and stretch it out over a long period. The point is that you just coast enjoying the characters and plot. You have to be a certain way to think the writing and gameplay are acceptable but for those people it's epic.

>Lloyd totally burn down this town yes sir!
>Out of character? What's that?

My main problem with Dawn is how shitty the new MC is compared to Lloyd.

you better took the hard route

I would the GC version but I sold mine a long time ago.

I just killed that nest of dragons where that guy with the Heihachi hair took Collette so he could be a dick. How many more hours do I have until disc 2?

Who's your main, Sup Forums?

Zelos/Kratos here

Zelos with some Regal and Presea.

I keep wanting to call her Priscilla, no idea why.

I hardly bother playing with characters other than the MC, especially if I want those characters casting spells once in a while.

I wish Regal wasn't so tacked on story-wise.

It's the opposite for me. Usually I use the MC in Tales but for this one I don't. I rotate my characters in boss battles though, especially that dumbfuck Raine AI who kept going forward and get smashed into pieces.

that's why you change her settings in the menu
alternatively just map revitalize to a button and press it if she gets uppity
at least in the ps2/ps3 version he actually has unison attacks

speaking of which, does anyone here actually use genis? I always back him after a decent bit into the story because of the bullshit spell queue.
only caster that I want is raine

same

I liked dotnw a lot

>30 hours
>disc 1
>long

Don't play Dragon Quest VII on PS1.

Hello.

Go with strike Genis.
People underestimate his strike artes because they are slightly less powerful, without realizing that they are much faster to cast.
Not to mentions easier to learn.
And at the end of the game your strongest arte will be Meteor Storm anyway.

tfw jrpgs were ruined after symphonias time by gay lolis in place of good story/gameplay

Tales has gay lolis?

Rita?

>mfw getting all the cooking titles and Colosseum titles for everyone

took me a week but it was worth. never gonna 100% the game anyway for obvious reasons.

I played a bit of symphonya and Zestiria, are other tales games similar? It feels like I'm watching mediocle anime, but I also have to play shitty bitemup to watch it.

With JRPGs it should be:

First half: Immersed in the world, talking to all NPCs, always trying to find new areas and secret items, experimenting with party/skill/equipment setups for hours, enjoying any challenge you confront

Second half: Racing through dungeons using cookie-cutter setups, going from objective to objective methodically whilst ignoring exploration, getting angry if stalled by a tough boss fight

If you're not even halfway through and you're already out of patience, maybe you're playing the wrong game

>beatemup

All Tales games are very similar, it's just different terminology depending on the setting.

Yeah

JRPGs are almost always single player only so there's nothing else to do when the game and all other extra post-game stuff ends. So they make it long.

it's the best Tales game. The gameplay is still better than any of the modern ones.

I DWELL AMIDST THE ABOUNDING LIGHT OF HEAVEN! THOU ART AT THE GATES TO THE UNDERWORLD! COME FORTH! THUNDER OF THE GODS!

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!

INDIGNATION

IT ENDS HE-AH!

IN-DIG-NATION!!!

IT CAN'T BE!

I heard that ps2 tales game with the dude with long red hair on the front was a pretty good tales game too.

Only ever played Symphonia years ago on the GC, emulating it w/ Dolphin now and it runs well enough. Honestly the Dolphin emulator on a decent PC is probably better than the PC Port. Also, dat early 00's Jennifer Hale, definitely her prime.

I never beat the game either. I got to a point where the chick with the stick and ball left the party and was gone for a long time, i remember being happy because it was one less person to grind up. Little wizard kid sucked dick in combat and i also hated him in the story.

>Stick and ball

i mean chakras, stick a ball was the elf kids toy.

>Poor Dhaos gets bullied with Indignation in every cameo he makes
>Sometimes Indignation insta-kills him

youtube.com/watch?v=WbmCKT3XSAU

it was my first JRPG i completed. i loved it.

It has such a nice charm to it after all these years, I just really like it

was he right? can we end rasism and classism if we all become the same?

preasa. give her glory EX skill and she becomes an unstoppable beast.

regal for the same reason. they buffed him in the HD version with his force attack.

zelos is hell fun to play once you get all his skills and the EX skill that lets him hit 6 times.

Just play skies of arcadia

Almost everyone's favorite tales game is their first one because It's all rehashed shit

>tfw I thought the one with wings in the first shot of the OP is Colette

10-12 hours.

This never happened, delete

>game is too long

Wagecucks get out.

>tfw too old and jaded for long JRPGs anymore

>titles are tied to stats increased when leveled
>can't wear costumes without gimping yourself seriously or switching titles constantly

>It is Mithos
Oh. Wow. Fuck me.

>raine in water

I don't even touch the titles because my autism won't let me enjoy the game if I commit myself to minmax the characters.

>Why are JRPG's long?

RPGs are more compelling when it feels like you're on an epic adventure. You don't really get the epic adventure feeling if its only 5-10 hours long.

The new MC truly felt like he came from a fanfic. God that game was trash.

You need to if you're doing Mania runs without exp×2 or exp×10

>the unicorn would not speak to Raine because she is an adult

what did they mean by this

she's a slut

>tfw someone already planted their seed deep into Raine

Someone's already excavated her ruins

shes not pure

not surprising considering how bad she had it early in life.

At least she wasn't 16 like Arche.
Fucking sluts.

>Raine name in japanese is refill

Will never not make me laugh

just emulate

Speaking of things that never happened

but she fucks like a tiger

This game is so great, definitely one of my favorite games ever.
Having played it more than 10 years ago, I realize now that I missed tons of things, I really feel like playing again.

I will always have a special relationship with this game. I got stuck at the Palmacosta human ranch for so long, but since the game was so fun, I kept grinding there trying to find the way to advance. I grinded for about 30 hours, until I gave up and bought the strategy guide (I didn't have internet at the time). But by that time, my party was overleveled by like 20-25 levels so the rest of the game became a cakewalk.

fuck you that game's great

sheena>raine