Disney Infinity (and its company) shut down

>Disney Infinity (and its company) shut down
>Skylanders on the ever decline

That only leaves the Lego games and amiibo, right? Is the Toys to Life genre on its way out already?

nintendowire.com/blog/2016/11/29/rumor-skylanders-2017-game-cancelled-fate-franchise-air/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8K5Wb9lzcNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Skylandrs has been around for five years which is pretty good. DESU.

I guess that Netflix show didn't work out after all.
But yeah Toys to Life's gimmicks haven't been working out.
Disney Infinity couldn't handle the quality of the competition's products and not reaching Disney's standards and Skylander's suffers from the lack notoriety that others have.
It's all crashing down like Guitar Hero years ago

Aww, now I want a guitar a new hero
R.I.P. my recently created hope and dream

That doesn't mean it's going to last much longer. Like
said, it's a lot similar to Guitar Hero/Rock Band, a fad that died after roughly 5-7 years.

The worst part is that Nintendo only jumped on the toys-to-life train 2 years ago, making them look even dumber.

>making them look even dumber
That, and like the Wii U's gimmick, most games that utilize amiibo do so in very underwhelming ways. They would ave been better off making dedicated amiibo games rather than sprinkling amiibo content across everything.

Also
>1337

What's going to be the next gimmick after toys to life.

VR

Why don't they make the toys so that you can actually play with them? It seems pointless when you can't even move around their limbs and stuff, they're just little statues.

If Nintendo sticks it out with Amiibo, I anticipate some kind of Disney Infinity-like game that will let you put all your Amiibo in a sandbox and do shit with them.

At least, I hope that happens.

Holograms
Screen cap this

I would agree but I think that ship is already going down

life to toys

I'm sure that would make them more expensive to make

>Skylanders
>Lack of notoriety

They had a balloon on the Thanksgiving parade for fucks sake

Skylanders were a hot Christmas item for the past few years. Most kids love them

Just because millennials don't give a fuck about Skylanders doesn't mean they're obscure

kek

The large different between Skylanders and Amiibos are the franchises behind them. Buying officially licensed Nintendo themed figures is a pretty big thing, especially since some characters have very little of their own merch, like Earthbound/Mother. The fact they have a dual use only adds to their value of purchase.

>"But it was a gimmick this generation"
That Nintendo has already confirmed will continue on with the Switch.

Indian in the Cupboard reality when

Put me in it too, i have this policeman picture

Doctor t-that's crossing the line... have you gone mad?!

switch is gonna cause the next fad. All in one gaming devices. Eventually everything is gonna become mobile and the singularity will finally be achieved.

If Skylanders is finishing and 3D platformers like Yooka Laylee Crash Bandicoot and Psychonauts are coming back, could Spyro finally get his spotlight back and return to his roots?

I'd actually buy those games if it weren't for the insane money grubbing tactics they used. Think it was the first one I played before and it was actually a pretty fun hack and slash.

>tfw large insertion is a fetish

Imagine

Take this quick!

Disney Infinity was a financial success, but then it got IGERED for no reason other than licensing out brands being cheaper.

Dead on arrival.

Great idea. What could go wrong?
youtube.com/watch?v=8K5Wb9lzcNc

Skylanders is actually a neat concept even if it is kind of gimmicky. I would collect that shit if it didn't look like cheap happy meal toys.