So why are people platform warriors?

So why are people platform warriors?

lol I like that picture it's kind of like a face

^_^

lol

Consoles tend to cost a lot of money so a lot of people will want to defend their investment.

Also could be that they grew up with a particular system and they're defending their childhood.

Either way it's stupid.

I can't be the only one that thought this!

This sums it up nicely. /thread

Kill yourself faggot

they're too poor to be idorts

Cuz they are children

>Consoles tend to cost a lot of money
>lot of money
I guess it's true that Sup Forums is swarmed with teen that treat $50+ purchase like a life changing investment.

Where did you find a PS4 for $50? Consoles are a hefty investment even for people with jobs, particularly if they have shit paying jobs.

>missing reading comprehension
$50+ means that anything costing more then 50 will give Sup Forumstards endless headaches, sleepless nights and make them shake form the fear they'll 'invest' badly because it's 'gigantic' amount of mone for a teenager.
>Consoles are a hefty investment even for people with jobs,
What a bunch of bullshit.
>particularly if they have shit paying jobs.
Stop being burger flipping lazy cunt and get a real job then.

because Xbox drones can't stop getting mad about not having Blast Processing

>So why are people platform warriors?
Why do people root for football teams?

I have a PC, PS4 and X1 and shit on pcucks, sonyggers and xdrones all the time

this desu, pc cucks get mad the easiest

Tribalism.
Poverty.
Delusions.

I don't get idorts
Are the "exclusive" genre games worth it?

>Stop being burger flipping lazy cunt and get a real job then
Doable, but some people are cursed to work shitty jobs user
>What a bunch of bullshit
If you're single sure, but lets be honest here neo v/ is filled with normies that have wives, and have to take care of their wives children

>consoles are a heavy investment
spoken like a truly worthless wagecuck

So you're a traitor. You're the worst!

Yes

It would be better if there was only one platform for both stationary and mobile gaming
>buh muh diversity
>muh quirks & perks of muh favorite brand
Realize you're a video game themed abomination of SJW and ultraconservatism. Grow the fuck up and do your part in making sure different platforms become a thing of the past instead of embracing them like a retard.

Yes. And the extra fun that you can shit on everyone because you don't have to be a biased cunt pretending to be objective while defending your platform of choice.

>abomination of SJW and ultraconservatism

I'm getting a big "buying more gameboxes makes me better" bias from this post

>Own all platforms
>lol @ any faggot who claims one is better

They all have their uses. Only poorfags get assroasted when someone insults their platrom

>PS4 or Xbone for $400
>hefty investment

>a PC that meets standards is $1000+
>not including the yearly graphics card upgrade for $500+
>cheap and easy

Ayy lmao

>of the 3 there the PS4 one is the one turned on.

seems like you already made a choice

Why do you have an Xbone and PS4?

DS is also on you twat

pee cee user spotted

More gameboxes = more hands on experience = more insight into details that 5 minutes of random let's play on the youtube you watch so you can shit on some 'enemy game on Sup Forums won't give you.

Because console a shit, console peasant infidels must die

>be idort -Xbone (Sorry, just don't seen the point in it, not enough games to justify it)
>prove it with pictures
>"Hurr you don't even play games!"

On top of being fanboys, most of Sup Forums are also poorfags, so jealousy only fuels them defending their purchase of a single platform by saying whatever they can to make one look worse by comparison.

Unpopular opinion, but handhelds this generation have been better than consoles.

3DS > Vita > Wii U > PS4 > Xbone

Consolefags get mad because no mods, shiny textures, or cross-gen play.

PCucks get mad because they simply cannot fathom how someone is able to have fun without their games looking like a JJ Abrams film or having the latest horse cock mod installed.

PS4 for multiplats and jap games

Shone for online games like Gears and Rocket League.

Also it's for guest and family to use

I blame god damned NeoFAGS

They ruined the fun of gaming for everyone. They put the focus of gamers on "muh sales" instead of just enjoying video games.

And the worst part is the sites owner Tyler Malka doesn't even fucking play video games. He just likes to create as much internet drama as possible so he can profit from all the console wars bullshit.

I have;
a Wii U
a PS4
an Xbone S
2 Vitas
a PSTV
and 3 3DSs (one o3DS, one N3DS, and one N3DS XL)

I'd have to rate this generation as so; Vita

I had/have (bought in this order)
C64
PC
PS2
PS3
PS4
What makes it?

I love how Sup Forums has had a sticky about logical fallacies since it's creation, yet all of it's oc ends up like so.

We're poor.

>$50+ means that anything costing more then 50 will give Sup Forumstards endless headaches...
Well, autism bux while being a nice thing to have for hicky-neets won't exactly allow you to spend loads of money on hobbies.

>he's surprised young people play videogames

Because fanboys are stupid. There are no better console or the best, all of them have pros and cons.

I can't afford being an idort though. Not because I don't have enough money, but I just don't have enough time to play them all. One 3DS game alone can last me 2-3 months. But I do miss shiny graphics of PC.

I want to know how can idorts handle all those video games.

Because they are children.

That's it.
Anyone who left school and has at least some responsibilities should have enough insight by now not to care what other people spend their money on, especially when it doesn't even affect you.

depends on the console. no idea why people like the xbone, though.

>NeoGAF
>"There's no bias here."
>banned for saying how shit PS+ has become since the PS4 launched, was seen a being a fanboy of another company

>defend their investment.
yea, people who buy consoles at launch for $400-500+ are fucking stupid. same with people who buy new video cards for the same or sometimes DOUBLE that price.

my gaming desktop, ps4, and xbone cost a combined $650, because i'm patient enough to wait for deals.

>surprised
Various surveys around the interwebs are showing that most 'gamers' are in their late twenties and early thirties so it's amusing that Sup Forums is full of 13-19 crowd.

Post more pics of your dog

It started off as a joke. "Haha my console of choice is better than yours" etc. Like the whole waifu thing on Sup Forums.

Then some faggots took it WAY too seriously and now here we are.

Waiting game is for poorfags that pretend to be smart because they can't afford the bleeding edge.

>Are the "exclusive" genre games worth it
Yes

>It started off as a joke.
Bullshit.
Tribalism is deeply ingrained in human nature.
Everyone does it in one way or the other, whether it's focused on cars, sports teams or political affiliation.

>>not including the yearly graphics card upgrade for $500+

I don't think "PC Master Race" was ever meant to be taken seriously, but some easily butthurt individuals took so much offense to it that the rest of the internet saw the potential for joking/trolling/being a major cockstain.

That said, I looked at the PS4's specs in 2013 (when microsoft was going full retard in terms of PR) and thought "this hardware is dated on release. My bros are on PC, so imma go PC when I can afford it." Later on I grabbed a cheap used PS4 and I'll admit Bloodborne is nice, but the framerate can go get fucked along with the PS4's UI.
I wanted to like the Vita. Terrible investment. Sold mine and got a PSTV in the event I want to revisit Persona 4 Golden. The Wii U is better than the Vita, but not by a whole ton.

>>not including the yearly graphics card upgrade for $500+

CONSOLETARDS ARE SO STUPID LMAO. STICK TO YOUR SHITBOXES!

>Various surveys around the interwebs are showing that most 'gamers' are in their late twenties and early thirties so it's amusing that Sup Forums is full of 13-19 crowd.
I'm 35, so I'm at the cutoff age of the "gamer" demography.
Underages is clearly the worst thing that happened to interwebs.

>a PC that meets standards is $1000+
>not including the yearly graphics card upgrade for $500+
It's 18 months and $300 to $400, but correct otherwise.
You're not going to have fun for long with pic related.
Also having only to do GPU upgrades for like six years straight is an exception. People are too young to remember that you had to spend $1000 per year on complete PC upgrades during the 90s.

>I looked at the PS4's specs in 2013 (when microsoft was going full retard in terms of PR) and thought "this hardware is dated on release.
Usual problem is that 'smart' people who are somehow barely able to screw together few components thinking that makes them HW experts are making claims about shit they know close to nothing about.
Remember old Xbox?
>crowds: it's just a normal underpowered PC, emulators in 2 weeks or we'll outright run the shit on PCs with some small patches
>everyone ignored unified Ram thing that became major headache to emulate and there's no real emulator existing yet and the excuse is that's it's not worth it
Another example:
Imagine PC having 256MB Ram and 256MB VRAM. Could you make it run Dark souls 1 or 2 however poorly or would you struggle to even load OS?
Anons are too often focused on comparing basic numbers completely ignoring architecture differences allowing consoles to do shit differently without the baggage that is HW compatibility with decades old stuff.

Windows is holding back PC more than anything else.
And mustardfags whine about consoles.

>I don't think "PC Master Race" was ever meant to be taken seriously

You're right. It started as a joke.

Ayway, only teenagers and retards take "console wars" seriously.

so where's your vita, wii u and pc?

Don't forget about those exclusive games bullshit.

Yes, you're so scared of rationality that you fall for every major con artist. That's why you have multiple consoles that do the same thing.

>Consoles tend to cost a lot of money so a lot of people will want to defend their investment.
lmao
I dropped PC for console and I'm finally enjoying vidya again after years of drought.
So when mustards start about "you must play on PC master race", I make jokes about them.

I just think it's stupid people would defend a console and game on inferior hardware then get into pc gaming. And the common answer is pc's are for nerds or I shot you not "I prefer to use a controller." I'm surrounded by this shit too , even my gf doesn't know what a gpu is. Kill me

All platforms are fine to me, except xbox. Never understood appeal of this one.

Kills time.

>projecting this hard

Wew laddie

instant (you)'s

idort is true master race

Well, it use to be when there were actual excessive, or the same game on different platforms were different enough to make another play through an interesting comparison.

Idort master race ended last gen

Because like sport people gotta take sides.

It's from a tribalism monkey part of people's brains.

>idort
unless youre a neet kinda hard to be an idort

some people don't recognize shit when its right under their nose.

you can enjoy shit, just acknowledge the fact this gen is mediocre and things could have been much better.

>game on inferior hardware
>majority of master race are toaster jockeys as the STEAM HW surveys show
>doesn't stop a laptop gamer running shit on low 1024x768 @ 15FPS to shit all over everyone else because better PCs exist

Not really.
Idort doesn't exactly mean that you have to play every single game existing on every platform you own.
When you take into consideration Sturgeon's law, you just have access to all the good stuff.

I'm a PCfag, but if I had the money I'd buy a console for the exclusives. Current gen consoles and especially their games are just way overpriced for their performance.

>I'm a poorfag
>Current gen consoles and especially their games are just way overpriced for their performance.
says the toaster jockey

considering exclusives are the only reason to own something that isn't a pc the answer is yes
I still end up buying a console for only a few games
bought a wii u for smash (to play cloud, to be honest)
bought a ds for FE and monhun
bought a ps4 for bloodborne (and p5)
bought a vita for p4g/dan and gravity rush

don't regret any of my purchases, but that might be a different story if I didn't have money to burn because I'm not a poorfag. I like playing games that are fun, I'm not going to defend a bunch of garbage on one console because it's the only one I have, I play what's fun, and don't play what isn't, keeps me happy, because nowadays there's a lot of garbage, whether it's rushed AAA dlc machines or indie early access, having the time to play the fun games and enjoy them regardless of console is more valuable than saving the money by only having one vidya masheen

tempted to get an xbone for the kinect dancing game because I played that at a buddies and it was fun

people like to show off their toys
lol

Because white people and their smug sense of superiority.

because we ARE superior to you shitskin filth

It honestly baffles me how somebody can be PC-only and has supposedly held that position since the PS2. If I meet somebody like that I think that person is a moron quite honestly.

>considering exclusives are the only reason to own something that isn't a pc
Assuming PC gets flawless multiplats and not botched ports like Arkham knight or Dark Souls 1.

You retards got Trump in office. Whites should never be allowed to have opinions.

>and thought "this hardware is dated on release.

And that is precisely when you stopped representing the majority people who just play and enjoy video games.

You never bought consoles based on it's hardware spec in the past and 30fps has been console standard since the SNES onwards. You bought consoles based on the games you wanted to play but somewhere down the line you became a PC Master Race by because you were influenced by it's hivemind and PCMR convinced you to develop a hardware bias and it slowly regressed your capacity to simply enjoy video games in general.

stay mad, libtard

Because it's fun to argue

It is true though, that PC got some pretty darn good console ports in the end of the 7th gen lifecycle. Then it got completely fucked up by the 8th gen.
It was a one time thing and will never happen again.
But mustards are still bragging about it, as if we were still in 2011.

>I want to know how can idorts handle all those video games.
We don't. We just hoard them.
100+ games, only 2 played.

Confirmation bias

Fuck off, you racist fucking piece of useless shit. Just remember your lazy sackshit entitled white days are numbered.

>We
>We
Don't speak for others user.

Doesn't sound like a good investment though. I'd rather hoard Nendoroids with that amount of money.

I'm a professional idort, so I am qualified to speak for other idorts in the video gaming industry.

That's the whole fun of having video games, fuck playing them, just having them in your possession is fun enough.

>conveniently mentions the only two notable shoddy ports, and one of them is a last gen title

9 times out of 10 the PC version is always the best one to play.

>I'm a professional idort, so I am qualified...
I'm an idort sage and a wizard and I say that you officially can't.
>just having them in your possession is fun enough.
Looks like you're just a hoarder focusing on games instead of figs and other collectibles.

You are still living in 2011.

>only two notable shoddy ports
Why would anyone bother mentioning usual shoddy ports instead of notable ones? :^)