Have you ever been scared by something in a video game?

Have you ever been scared by something in a video game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UNhphyF74sA
youtube.com/watch?v=c6tUIGXF82s
youtube.com/watch?v=Qf3cBOtoMr4
youtube.com/watch?v=5Dywzb3XQ6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=axqRgDkWXA0
youtube.com/watch?v=UT7BedcTWaU
youtube.com/watch?v=0K_xO8JltXc
youtube.com/watch?v=vB46XpnwhrA
youtube.com/watch?v=gPuU8Pq9D3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Up1LXlGx1dM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

No

PT did. Rounding that corner and seeing that tall figure was scary. The magic just seems to wear off too fast now, and after like 30 minutes nothing in the game scares me anymore.

sjws are scary

The scariest part is that game will never see the light of day again

Used to. Actually, being in violent/life or death situations killed horror for me. Wish I could enjoy it again, it used to give be my favorite type of game.

The entirety of Micro Machines for the Genesis.

invisible enemies do that to me

Huh, I was hit by a car and almost killed and I'm still a pussy when it comes to horror games. Something about the supernatural scares the everloving shot out of me.

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY THERE

Yumme Nikki had some spooks, especially this part
youtube.com/watch?v=UNhphyF74sA

Yes.

No joke, dying in this game gave me nightmares as kid, the character would make strange noises and make that freaky face, it kept me away from playing it for a long time.

The singing is pretty spooky but honestly those things are not that bad.

In spec ops the line near the end when your character starts to lose his shit from ptsd things get pretty freaky. There was a death screen that scared the shit out of me.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6tUIGXF82s

Story?

Kinda did back then.
Rapidly goes away with age, or just getting desensitized from playing them too much.

The grotesque kind of "horror" never did, though. It's never scary, just disgusting.

I was playing Dead Space 3 co-op with my buddy and he starts flipping shit over the mic in an elevator

It wasn't until later when I saw a video that I understood what happened, not really scary for me but an interesting approach to Horror that only vidya can really do

I guess I mean people nearly killing me/hurting me on purpose. Plus the car crashes/falls, etc. i know what a real other thing that wants to kill you feels like and games don't elicit a response like the real thing. Not that I'd want to feel nearly dying again, I just know it's not that. No fun to it when I just remember the actual bad feeling of about to die and I'm pretty sure of it.

Oblivion scared me when i was younger.

The zombies were bad enough but fuck hackdirt man. I discovered it without the quest and didnt know what the fuck was going on.

>how to give your child anxiety attacks

>it's a non-horror game that actually scared you more than an actual horror game episode

What's her name, Sup Forums?

Oh shit story time user, who tried to kill you

I was scared of playing RE back then, hahaha now that i remember is funny.

>23
>Still a massive pussy when it comes to horror games

I thought I'd outgrow that shit, yet here I am. Scariest game I've played was Resident Evil 4 and that *barely* qualifies as horror.

That level in Metal Slug 2/X with th exploding guys that crawl on the ceiling.

runescape

just in general really, death was fucking scary.

Regular old accidents (falling from bad heights, falling on sharp things, car crashes) plus violent crime. Not me committing any.
It's not even racist when the only people who've ever pointed/shot at me were black. Having your loved ones held at gunpoint and thinking fast to keep them safe even when they panic feels like shit. Got that bad adrenaline just thinking about it. This is why I'm going into law enforcement.

>oblivion
>zombies are horrific creatures; a mass of reanimated, rotting flesh condemned to walk until they fall apart
>body is torn up and they are frequently missing limbs

>skyrim
>zombies are just regular character models with faint blue runes all over them
>they go "guuuhhh" occasionally

I like when horror games are just empty corridors with really good sound scapes.

That level in the outlast demo with the school at night in winter would have been amazing if there were less scares.

They were really well made scares though

where do you live user?

New Vegas. Avoid being out with people you care about if you can.

>be me
>age 11
>go into the wilderness the first time
>all this free shit on the ground from dying noobs
>make some decent bank picking all the scraps
>save up 45k and buy a rune scimmy
>go deeper into the wilderness as i grow more confident of my looting skills
>hear two noobs talking about a castle somewhere where free runes spawn
>follow the noobs, far enough so they cant see me
>find castle, see runes on ground immediately start picking them up
>after several hours have about 200k worth of runes in my inv
>occasionally see white dots appear but always quick to log off when they get near
>get too comfortable, a guy comes down from one of the ladders in the castle
>too slow to react, the kid tries to teleblock me
>fails
>panic like the noob i was, start running
>kid tries to teleblock again
>succeeds
>heart beats faster, hand starts shaking, clicking all over the screen
>kid starts to wail on me with fire blast
>taking 9s, 10s in damage
> only 30 hp
>oh fuck
>panic eat my lobbies, trying to get away
>at level 5 wilderness, kid uses a different spell
>its bind
>holy fuck its over
>panic eat, more than half already gone
>click as fast as i can near the wilderness edge
>kid relentlessly wails on me, tries to bind me again
>fails
>manage to cross the line with only 2 lobbies left and 14hp
>heart still beating fast and hands shaking for a solid 10 minutes
>holy shit

Fuck, it was the most intense feeling i've ever felt in a game. I miss old runescape

Fort Frolic statues in Bioshock

Not just the ones that move, but the ones that dont all have slit throats on them with blood.

On the street. Came back to clarify cause I'm tired from work. If you visit, violent crime on the strip is high. Stay in populated areas if you can.

>tfw I missed the statues because I didn't activate the upgrade station

>They're called Hellvalley Skytrees

Subnautica, but that's arguably borderline horror

>closing out of tabs for the night
>read chain
>realize it sounds like a troll
I tried to make a joke but I really want to say stay away from Las Vegas right now, the violent crime has spiked for some reason. A friend of mine was assaulted not even a mile from my place.

But to actually contribute to the topic, the secret world had some spooky lore.

This thing back in the day.

>Walking down some random road in new vegas
>suddenly loud as fuck VATS killcam because Boone shot some bloatfly 2 miles away
scares the shit out of me every time

Does anyone have the Quake 3 bot pasta? The one where user leaves a server full of bots running for 6 years and they become intelligent?

Dead Space series had quite a few jump scares, if those count. I haven't ever had any games which gave me any kind of medium or long term fright though.

I actually found these guys to be a lot more threatening and scarier than Nemesis.

You could say the game is dead by daylight

Deadspace is still a really good game, but it lost its horror too quickly, after shoving "cut the limbs" down our throats it then tries to make the enemies scary and even this guy could be stopped by cutting legs and then stasis-ing. More annoying than anything trying to figure out what to do, such a shame.

OOT zombies when i was a kid.
That's about it. I mean some games had creepy moments but not something that can be attributed to one thing like that.

First time seeing this guy, i couldnt go on for a while.

that noise they made was aldente creepy

what gaem

I tend to avoid horror games because past the horror there's nothing going on for them, and I've alreaedy gone thru a poltergeist with demonic sightings irl.

Adventures of dr franken according to google

explain

Youre a big fat pussy

simply because it was out of nowhere

Yeah, a few days ago playing TimeSplitters 2. The hybrid mutant in the Siberia mission's shower room sneaked up beside me while I was looking for it.

Things would change place, storms, clothing would get ripped, whenever I climbed the stairs I felt like hundred of hands would touch my back and when rising the bedsheets there was a vision of a skull, also during night I woke up and saw a face like Doom 3's lost souls but with 3 faces in the same head.

There was this old doom mod looking game. You're this bow hunter guy out in a dark forest with a small campfire and you start experiencing weird shit. iirc you die in 1 hit and it was hard as fuck. Don't think I got past the first couple of encounters.

Anyone happen to know the name of this? It was surprisingly spoopy for such minimal graphics.

this looked like a shot from a claymation from a movie jesus that is uncanny.

I know that feel.

I want to know this, any more details?

The Evil Within scared me, but I played it till I mastered it. Beat AKUMU mode.

Dead Space 1, not 2
Silent Hill 3
PT
Sharks in any game

Resident evil outbreak scared me when i was younger

ah, found it. Doom WAD file called Ghoul Forest 3 is the one I played. If you have doom 2 it's free and would highly recommend it. Pretty difficult and I went in knowing nothing from a friend's recommendation.Which you should do.

Ghoul's Forest my niggas.

Doom 3 was scary, especially the temples near the end with no enemies and just vacant corridors and rooms.

The original fear, but not alma. I thought alma was pretty stupid and not really scary at all. The ninja enemies, however, in areas where they had places to hide were pretty scary

I dont kow who perpetuates the idea that little girls are scary

>be 12 when oblivion first came out
>zombies
>daedra spiders
>seeing an oblivion gate marker made me scared and ran off when encountering one
>only time I could go into an oblivion gate was if I had a nightvision ring to get rid of the red tint the gates had

Holy fuck this brings back memories when I would watch my brother play

Serious WTF moments when the sky went red

Still terrified me when it was my turn to play

>that low pitched noise
eurgh

youtube.com/watch?v=Qf3cBOtoMr4
>turn around
>see pic

God dam, I would love to play Alien Isolation, but I'm too scared!!!!

Going anywhere underground in Shadow of Chernobyl

No because I'm not a faggot, underaged child.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Dywzb3XQ6Q

youtube.com/watch?v=axqRgDkWXA0

>Muffled breathing in the distance.

The haunted beach house in Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.

good ol 2005-2007 runescape

Crimson Heads in REmake the first time around.

It's just so very unexpected.

Video related, I probably screamed like this girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=UT7BedcTWaU

Higurashi episode 1.

Fuck the picture always scares me i feel like i have to hide under my blankets now

>Ha-ha, i shot off his legs, now i can come closer and fini~OHGODWHATTHEFUCK

I don't know if I'd call it scared exactly, but OFF presents a really unnerving atmosphere when you revisit the purified zones.

youtube.com/watch?v=0K_xO8JltXc

>Be playing Fallout 3
>this happens
Fucking worst jumpscare I've ever encountered, fuck you Todd.

in dead space i was anxious and on edge by the game with its intense atmosphere but never fearful of an enemy because i knew i could systematically kill every thing one by one and with a steady hand and well placed shots- the game became easy on the average difficulty and having alwase an abundance of ammo available it was never truly scary to me.

this fucker.
this piece of shit right here was the tipping point for me.

>chasing down mad scientist who barricaded himself in a shit tier orkish made fort of scrap metal
>guy makes it a chore to get around his traps and enemies but ultimately unscathed
>been paying attention to his audio logs
>alluding to new enemy/boss fight
>aint nothing a bit of concentrated firepower can't handle from my upgraded linegun.
>find Frankenstein
>boring speech about evolution or some shit
>obvious baddie bursts from tank
>take him down by removing legs with line gun and aiming for head with plasma cutter
>tooeasy.jpg
>go to leave
>hear the horror of reanimating supersoldier behind me
>realize he isnt dead
>panic shoot him again
>realize he isnt going to die
>fucknoimout.jpg
>pussy out for a day
>come back and do a panicked 15 minuted session of frantically trying to get out of medical ward while also saving as much amo as i can
>forget entirely about status
>fucker teleports to rooms ahead of me and is waiting for me all too often.
>literally have no idea how to deal with this guy
>get into final room and brutalize his corpse over the freeze tank wasting too much precious amo to do so and make sure i have time to freeze him
>literal sigh of relief from seeing the end of Frankenstein's immortal monster and tension flows out of me
>little do i know i haven't seen the last of him....

things are a lot more scary when you know the super space weapon you carry is all but useless against an enemy that will never stop hunting you

youtube.com/watch?v=vB46XpnwhrA

youtube.com/watch?v=gPuU8Pq9D3Q

youtube.com/watch?v=Up1LXlGx1dM

lets be honest here guys
who didnt shit themselves playing masquerade vampire bloodlines haunted house mission for the first time

This is the only thing that have ever scared me in a game, I was a little child when i first played re but after that nothing has never scared me again

In Doom 3 I found the anticipation of the jump scares to be genuinely horrifying

I would have trouble progressing through areas just because of the psychological factor of "if I go in there, I'm gonna be startled and also probably murdered, and it'll be unpleasant, I don't want that"

In that way, Doom 3 provided one of the most realistic horror game experiences ever. No other game has given me as strong a desire to not progress and instead just hide somewhere in a room I already cleared.

you played with the wrong mindset
I went in thinking I am the hottest, angriest shit in the world and everything should fear ME

Literally my mom's black boyfriends