So according to the Outsider in Dishonored 2 Corvo ended Dishonored 1 in nothing short of a massacre

So according to the Outsider in Dishonored 2 Corvo ended Dishonored 1 in nothing short of a massacre.

Wtf? I hate Corvo now.

I thought he was supposed to be the good guy. And then I find out that he basically genocided entire cities just to get his daughter back. What an ass.

given that he says this after the first mission ends, i assumed that what he says there is based on how you acted in the first mission. so if you go low chaos in first mission he'll instead say that you fixed the empire without going on a slaughtering spree

but i think high chaos should be the canon, since corvo is a disgruntled old man whose specialty is killing people

Actually what he says changes based on how you roll the first mission. If you ghost it he won't mention anything about a river of blood.

if you wouldn't burn empires to the ground just to get your daughter back then you're not a real man.

Canon Corvo probably murdered more people than the third reich.

I liked Low Chaos more

I started off killing people in Coleridge but slowly went nonlethal stealth, I like the idea of Corvo initially being bitter and hostile as fuck but remembers that keeping order in the city is top priority; it's what Jessamine would want.

you're a cuck if you didn't murder everyone that stood in your way

They weren't in my way if they never saw me :^)

you're a coward, hiding in the shadows

you can still murder people on low chaos ;)

Elaborate

I murdered ur mum with my dick while playing the game :^)

is there any special ending for not accepting the outsiders powers?

emily kisses you

You can kill all your targets and a fair number of guards and still get low chaos in Dishonored 1, I wouldn't know about 2.

keke

What a fucking cuck.

Why kill the guards? They're just following orders and trying to catch the guy they think murdered the empress. It's not their fault they were lied to, if their deaths can be avoided that is ideal.

And as for the guards in places like the Golden Cat they're just dudes working security. Killing them is wrong.

It isn't cowardice, it's just trying not to be a bloodthirsty psychopath. Kill those who personally wronged you, not their hired help.

it seems more strict in 2. first few missions, i did the low chaos target solutions and killed like 30% of the guards and ended up as high chaos, so i said fuck it and stayed high chaos. it's more fun that way since you can freely explore without having to tediously choke out every single person

if you want to be a moralfag, just use the heart and listen to what she says about every individual, and kill the evil ones. i don't remember if 1 does this, but in 2 every single NPC has a unique line from the heart as far as i know. i listened to the heart on like 100 different guards and heard a different response every time

>Why kill the guards? They're just following orders and trying to catch the guy they think murdered the empress. It's not their fault they were lied to, if their deaths can be avoided that is ideal.

They were fooled by liars and phonies. They allowed themselves to get manipulated. They all deserve death.

>And as for the guards in places like the Golden Cat they're just dudes working security. Killing them is wrong.

Guarding an establishment that sells degeneracy to the rich rotten elite. Death is a just punishment for contributing to the downfall of society.

>sending your own city into chaos from manlet rage

w e w
e
w

Edgy.

Your weak jutifications for murder don't convince anyone. You're just a monster looking for an excuse.

don't worry, Corvo will get you too; cowards, thieves and degenerates and those that make up excuses for them.

hey watch those edges mister virgin

Nigger what.

>be a weak willed pussy who refuses to kill anyone
>they storm into your castle, slaughter all your guards, turn you into stone, and rape and pillage your entire city until it's in ruins
nice

I did that at first. Unfortunately for some stupid reason it resets what the heart says about someone if you reload the game.

2 adds a ton of ways to nonlethal quickly, did you even slide takedown? air takedown? parry into grab into throw into kick? all of these are faster than choking and all work in combat or as an ambush.

This isn't even counting all of the stupidly useful tools Emily gets for nonlethal like Domino and Mesmerize

>they fuck it up so my job is to make it worse

~ you

>tfw its easier to go stealth than it is lethal
>""""weak willed"""

lol, its called efficiency fampai

Bait?

they probably just generated a humongous list of lines and then cross each one off a list when you hear it, and since you reload, it didn't save the fact that you heard that line

the high chaos ending in 2 actually paints a pretty positive outlook as long as you keep the "helpful" people alive. i murdered every single guard i could find but fixed the doctor, aramis, and the duke, and the ending was basically "serkonos and dunwall rebuild their former glory by carefully killing off those who oppose them". sounds pretty good to me desu

Just like the nazis. "Didn't mean to gas all those Jews m8. Was just following orders innit."

the hardest part of staying nonlethal is stopping enemies from slaughtering each other. overseers love throwing grenades at each other, and all of the enemies constantly shoot their pistols at each other's heads

lethal is definitely much easier than stealth. with the ranged parry talent (1 rune) you are 100% invulnerable to ranged damage and automatically reflect projectiles back at enemies, your parry->stabs are the only moves with i frames, and you have a dozen ways to kill enormous groups of enemies without taking a single hit. i wish the combat was better designed so that lethal playthroughs could actually be challenging

Ah, I almost never take any combat oriented upgrades so when shit gets live I have to take a more evasive/guerilla approach

Ra's?

the crafting and 10 bonecharm limit makes lethal even more OP, especially since i didn't see very many stealth-oriented charms anyways.

4x whirlwind, 4x sword lifeleech, 4x movement speed, bone armor, void armor makes it trivial, you can blindly run around swinging your sword and never die on max difficulty. it was fun though

I did a low chaos run and it was the same.

Some characters are confirmed taken out non-lethally, but I think it's specifically the Hounds Pit crew that got slaughtered for their betrayal.

I think even the Lord Regent was confirmed non-lethal.

When are you told this?

is there an explanation for what those really long dilapidated pipes above the dust district are for? they clearly aren't mean to funnel ore out of the mines because they aren't powered and lead upwards

Some of the nonlethal punishments in the first game are worse than death.

The cutscene starting chapter two I think

They concentrate wind currents

Only Jindosh gets this treatment in the second game, though.

You learn later that Jindosh seems quite pleased with his new life and may even be recovering. He seems happy, though the real loss is the years of progress. It would be like zapping Tesla just before he rolled out AC electric.

I would argue that his is still not as bad as some of the shit that happens in 1.

Really? When do you learn that?

I'll take being taken as a sex slave over being lobotomized.

There's an audiograph in mission 8. The Duke is trying to get an update on his Clockwork Army and he won't shut up about beetles and walking in the park and stuff.

I felt Breanna got it pretty hard. Imagine getting superpowers, getting comfortable with them, getting an awesome new life and then being stripped of all that. It's not an obvious torture like those guys you send to the mines in Dis1, but she practically lost the only meaning her life ever had, it's not a small thing.

And she's fully lucid to realize and suffer over it, unlike Jindosh.

Ramsey gets all the riches hidden away in Dunwall Tower, but no means to use it
Paolo and Byrne get their abused positions of power robbed from them as they work to death in the mines
The witch whose name escapes me is robbed of her life's purpose
Luca Abele is forced to either spend the rest of his life in a mental ward, or denounce his own identity
Delilah is sentenced to eternity in a cage she created for herself

Pretty much all of the non-lethal options in 2 are more satisfying than just cutting throats.

he was depicted as being extremely cruel, evil, and egocentric, so he was probably never going to work on anything that would improve lives

also i just wanna say that the aramis mission was fucking cool. going back and forth between the past and present versions, changing the past to alter the present, and then excluding aramis from the seance and suddenly the present version becomes beautiful as fuck. they made at least 3 very different versions of the entire mansion

so rather than being merciful they are just sadistic options?
nice game

>playing a stealth game and killing people let alone chocking them out

>go on a crusade for revenge against those who wronged you
>mercy

user pls

Nowhere as sadistic as the first game, though. I'd argue that being stripped of your witch powers instead of being killed counts as mercy.
Being locked up in a luxury prison cell for taking part in a coup and personally killing many of the loyalists is also pretty fucking merciful.

>mfw Dishonored 2 is everything I hoped it would be
Except for shit performance I guess.
>that clockwork mansion
>that timepiece level
>that weird ass architecture in luca's palace

>excluding aramis from the seance
Wait what, how do you do that?

go into his backyard and choke him out. the present version of the mansion becomes revamped because he never goes crazy, and there's tons of art and whiny servants and even an extra bone charm

SHIT NIGGER
That's breddy gud, I'll try it out.
Anyone knows how to get the rune in the photography studio with the 3 guards without alerting them?

kill them. Dead guards can not be alerted. It's a pretty good trick.

oh and i think this is also what causes billie to get her right arm back, although i don't understand exactly how she lost it in the first place

i don't know what skills emily has, but freeze time is pretty much a guaranteed solution

>the rune in the photography studio
Far Reach if you can get the vantage point

I used Domino and sleep darts though

Emily's abilities makes it hard for me to do nonlethal, mostly because turning into a shadow monster and tearing your helpless foes apart is do damned funny.

Those witches didn't stand a chance.

>tfw Corvo

Dunno about that, I thought canon Daud did that to her after her betrayal.
Also Emily doesn't have bend time so that's why I couldn't get to it. And what about the rune in the second mission, behind the metal bars near the canal? I guessed possession.
The guard searching the chest freaks out when the rune disappears and I never got a clean combo with sleep darts/domino.

Billie lost her arm when she went looking for Stilton to his mansion after his disappearance. She got into the fight with all the guards.

>And what about the rune in the second mission, behind the metal bars near the canal?
All you need to do is break the plank with a crossbow bolt, it'll flow to you.

I don't remember what place you're talking about but I solved most places like that with stun mines.

I was able to kill all the witches and most guardsmen who annoyed me and still got low chaos. Game improved a lot over the first in that manor since I was actually able to use my fancy abilities.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
I DID MY JOB AND NOW IM GETTING HANGED
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
GREAT WAR """"""""""""ALLIES"""""""""""

>mfw i haven't been able to play it because the pc port sucks

>mfw I enjoyed the game so much I didn't pay attention to the technical struggles
Is this what being a consolefag is like?

bump

yo gimme the sauce boss

all of them are either fate-worse-than-death or are sure to result in the targets death regardless - except for Daud, whom your only option is to kill or let go free.

Ill pick it up when its $10

Uh, no, low chaos is the canon ending you faggot

>basically lobotomise Jindosh
>he's just sitting there begging me to kill him
>'sorry can't do it pham, low chaos'

Glad they kept this tradition of horrific non lethal alternatives

>She'll learn to love me
>eventually

well maybe not loosing the war like a bunch of cucks in the first place would have helped

WELCOME TO THE FINAL MYSTERY JINDOSH

>knocked out all three spiders and put them on his boat

Don't you have some whiskey and cigars to be gathering around right about now?

>playing Dishonored 1
>do the 'non-lethal' eliminations
>they involve things such as, cutting out dudes' tongues and forcing them to work in a mine forever and selling a mind-raped lady off as a personal cocksleeve to some shady dude

i think it would've been nicer to kill them

Good luck, I'm behind seven (7) holograms

Maybe. But damn it felt good anyway.

wtf your allowed to just casually murder unarmed poc in this game? really inappropriate considering the world we live in today :(

Must be sad to never see the face of your killer, truly the definition of cuckdom.

you know that 30% is the exact low to high chaos threshold right.

For trophies, like for the song of sorkonos
do i need to play through the game again to listen to them? Or could I just reload saves and do it that way?

Also, the last duo on mission 8 is missing?

>already beat the game 3 times on XBone

You tell me.

All targets in the first game are complete assholes who deserve everything you do to them.
Seeing High Overseer becoming a weeper deep inside the flooded district was nice given that he planned to use the brand against other overseers.
Pendletons are cruel and vile.
Boyles are wasting money doing feasts in times of plague and connected to the all manners of shady stuff.
Regent gets everything he brought on himself for being a retard who holds a confession in his safe.

Was there really a reason to bring back Delilah as main antagonist?

Boyles were just spoiled bitches, not really a crime worthy of becoming a lifelong sex slave.

>the bad ending is canon
Will this meme ever end?
Yeah I get it devs, its easier to build on that, than to turn a happy ending into a proper story. But thats your fucking job. Stop being lazy.

>a lifelong sex slave.
Did the devs ever confirm that?

if they would have made delilah hot maybe i would have had some sympathy
but shes a dumb cunt
>whaa I got blamed for something i didnt do when i was little, better kill everyone now

Outsider confirms that.
> She supported a tyrant, the Lord Regent. And lived in opulence while the people of the city starve to death and live in fear of plague. Now she'll live out her days, month after month, year after year, far away, even as her fine clothes wear into tatters and her silken hair gets dull and gray. Plenty of time for reflection.