This gay anime bullshit ensures Shadowverse will never be a serious competitor to Hearthstone...

This gay anime bullshit ensures Shadowverse will never be a serious competitor to Hearthstone, despite probably being a better game.

I am too embarrassed to play Shadowverse in public.

Is Hearthstone even popular among normal people? I have never met anyone that plays that I wouldn't expect to play SV too, it's not Dota or LoL levels of normal for online games.

>being embarrassed by video games
What is it like being so socially awkward and uncomfortable that you feel embarrassed doing something you enjoy?

I only picked up Shadowverse BECAUSE of the art style.

Didn't give a fuck about Hearthstone because WoW is trash.

I have some news for you.

LOOK GUYS I HATE ANIME DO I FIT IN YET???? L:DDDD

Good for you for being ashamed. SV is a serious competitor in japan compared to HS.

I enjoy masturbation, that doesn't mean I wouldn't be embarrassed to do it in public.
You might actually be autistic if you don't understand liking to do things but being embarrassed by other people seeing you do them.

But they already had a tourney with serious price money

Masturbating in public is illegal, playing a game that has anime in it isn't.

And?

What a faggot.

But masturbation in public is putting other people into your sexual situations. Its not comparable. Also this

>Comparing playing a video game that looks like anime to masturbation
>Implying anybody judging you for playing an anime game isn't simultaneously judging you for being a creepy faggot playing games on their cell phone anyways

only card game I like is duel masters for some reason

You put people into a situation of secondhand embarrassment having to watch you be such a manchild baby. It's downright immoral.
Keep it in your home. Freak.

How is modern Kaijudo? Is it equally combo-cuckery as most TCG's are nowadays?

Duel Masters was all right, too bad it didn't take off well in NA.

>Not only is my flagrant insecurity painfully obvious, but I must also project all of my fantasies spurred on my by extreme inferiority complex onto anybody I catch enjoying anime

What are you even going on about? I assume most people only complain about this shit because they are in school and want to play during class. Outside of high school literally no one gives an actual fuck as long as they aren't forced to watch or listen to anything, not specifically an anime game

It defeats the purposes of b8 images if you still write out a reply, Reddit.

I still prefer the written replies picking their argument apart. Singular image replies only work for (you) pictures now.

>their argument
Do you even understand what b8 means? You have to go back.

I don't think you do either cuckstick

BIG MAGIC TIDDIES

>anime
Nothing about that is "anime". I've never seen an anime with art that detailed and shaded.

>it looks cute, thus it's ANIME
It doesn't work that way you little shit. There are plenty of anime that don't look like that, are you saying pic related isn't anime?

Japanese animation is an extremely broad spectrum. You've got your SAO's, you've got your KLK's, you've got Ping Pong, you've got Satoshi Kon, you've got the Animatrix's various styles, you've got classic GITS. "Anime" means very little.

There is a distinct style of artwork associated with anime/manga.

Are you gay?

>I hate anime

I think you're lost, normalfag.

You are being autistic about the term anime as it applies to animation. Shadowverse has an anime artstyle with many different styles in and of itself due to all the people working on it. You are just as autistic as Smile.

like this

ITTY BITTY VAMPIRE TITTIES

Insert thinking yellow emoji here

rly mks u fink

Unfortunately modern Sup Forums is full of people like OP.

>anti-weeb
They should just ban people who post stuff like this on this site. Sup Forums is the biggest mistake moot ever made.

Not every female character is supposed to subscribe to your generic waifu nonsense.

Doesn't change the fact that HS card art looks like trash.

but it is? I see people playing it in the subway every day.

Urias is my husbando

>go second
>win

wow this game is so good.

No the reason why shadowverse will never be a serious competitor to hearthstone is because hearthstone is widely spread and has more cards and decks to be build and used. Pretty much the free cards you can get will easily win against most. While in shadowverse if they didn't give out free packs you would rot in hell without winning anytime because people who have better cards will easily win against you.

>food analogies

Luckily they do give out free packs, and with your first four-fucking-ty free-ass packs of 7 cards each that are just thrown at you, you can dust up a mostly complete competitive deck to start climbing the ranks (of people who also only have, at most, a similarly semicompetitive deck), so you really have no reason to be bitching about people having better cards than you do.
Especially when hurfstone is so unbelievably stingy with the amount of packs you get.

Additionally you can win with the default Haven and Swordcraft decks pretty easily, and there is a pretty sizeable selection of competitive decks.
Way more than there are in MtG standard, that's for sure.

Anime aesthetic is not inherently bad but it is a problem when anime artists use the generic anime face and cuteify / sexualize everything for no reason.

But remember you can become one of those unlucky persons who will get none of the cards required to build a decent deck and have to "reroll" and we don't know if they will ever stop that. Who knows what will happen. The point was, the game isn't huge because it's very limited in cards and unique builds, there are some constant meta going on and there is a risk you will be one of the guys who have no chance unless you "reroll and pray" or buy packs.

>No the reason why shadowverse will never be a serious competitor to hearthstone is because hearthstone is widely spread and has more cards and decks to be build and used.
while in hurtstone you will never catch up with meta, if you dont dump 50$ in every expansion.

Why is it bad to have attractive characters?

Characters can be attractive without being sexual or ultra cute.

One of the best decks for getting to B-A rank is fucking cheap as shit and doesn't even use any legendaries

Again, people like you should be banned. There's no such thing as "generic anime face."

Yeah that is kinda true but I am worried same thing will happen with shadowverse. There is soon a new expansion on going and they're revealing cards slowly in twitter, I hope we at least get some free packs else it will become exactly like hearthstone.
>cheap as shit
Same in hearthstone, infact it's completely free in the game. But I am just saying stop praising and shit when you know there is lot of stuff that differs. Hopefully shadowverse catches up with more unique cards and easy access to people and so on.

What is wrong with being sexual or cute?

>5 classes out of 8 is competitive viable
>ONLY VIABLE CLASS IS SHAMAN IN SHAMANSTONE
laguhinganimegurl2.png

It's the same reason why Hollywood stars (especially women) tend to be very attractive. People like looking at pretty people.

The only difference here is that the Japanese ideal of attractive (small nose and jaw, short and slender body, sensitive personality, etc.) doesn't necessarily line up with your preferences for what's attractive.

You can dust like three legendaries, which you are practically guaranteed to get at the bare minimum that many from your starter packs, and make a cheap, close-to-top tier sword deck. It is extremely easy to make even two competitive decks out of your first 40 packs even without rerolls. At early ranks you are not fighting finished netdecks, unless you're playing in unranked, which is essentially just smurfstone anyway.
Your complaints also apply directly to Hearthstone because it has the same exact thing going on, except you get fewer cards to start (and packs are fewer and further between, and contain fewer cards) and there aren't (or weren't) neutral cards that fit into any class that can still be extremely powerful, like SV has.

The game literally showers you with 30+ packs and so it's easy to start up a good deck with only a few rerolls (and rerolling is quick and relatively painless if you have mobile).

pic related

Shadowverse isn't trying to "beat" hearthstone, it should be obvious to everyone in the industry by now that you can't compete with Blizzard's marketing.
They're just trying to steal enough of a chunk of their playerbase to make a profit, by offering a similar but different product that appeals more strongly to a more niche audience, and the anime aesthetic is part of that.

I see you have not played enough to make proper builds and thus can only spourt out nonsense while I put my concern and worry that shadowverse might fall into pay to win expansion path as hearthstone, but go ahead continue with those posts.
You guys are missing my whole point, I am not bashing on the game or downing it. I play it RELIGIOUSLY and I don't want it to fall in same path of destruction as hearthstone is doing now with p2win cards and so on that expansion will grant many people upperhand from people who will need to play with what they have. GET IT? The whole you get free packs is nice and good support but remember it's pretty random and you can get unlucky.

meanwhile in shamanstone

>I hope we at least get some free packs else it will become exactly like hearthstone.

Impossible. Consider the last and current expansion for Shadowverse, Darkness Evolved. The card pool is both a lot smaller then the base set AND you can craft all the cards in it so you don't even need to buy packs. Unless Shadowverse starts making cards uncraftable, it will always one-up HS in that regard.

user, your concern is based on nothing but feelings, you have no evidence to back it up. For the "you can get unlucky" part, remember that SV is a lot more generous then HS in it's daily rewards AND it's pull rates AND the number of cards per pack. Even if someone were to have bottom of the barrel tier luck, it wouldn't take long to make a good deck.

really makes me think

I PROTECT OTOHIME

Yea, there is.

I used to consume lots of anime and manga. I am aware sometimes things drift far away from the norm, but by and large there is a style of face that's trendy and takes up 80% of the art. And recognizing the small stylistic variations that sometimes differentiate character designer's faces is nigh impossible unless you're an anime faithful.

>I PROTECT OTOHIME
>Guards don't have any way of protecting Otohime.

I have never had her live for a single turn. She may as well be guarding her guards.

>he plays childrens card games on his smartphone

>2016
>playing cardgames without actual cards

I want to rub that tail

I know right? Adults play them on motorcycles.

Not him, but I hope you realize Forest is literally Shaman.

>western art

THICCER

Nah, they need to buff Forest a bit more to reach Shaman levels of bullshit.

They're close though, these fucking elves man.

Nope, forest is good ol' OTK miracle rouge

Only in terms of dominance, and even then it's not as dominant as Shaman.

In terms of playstyle it's literally Miracle Rogue.

Yeah and not every cartoon looks like Steamboat Willie. But when someone says something has a "cartoony" style are you suddenly at a complete loss for words and have no idea what they're talking about? Of course not unless you're some sort of idiot.

Anime just means Japanese cartoons. In the style of the typical perception of Japanese cartoons.

You should be embarassed of playing vidya in public in the first place.

We like looking at attractive people. That doesn't mean we want to see them in slutty attire all the time. Even more, we don't want them all to have the same face.

You're trying to make this about cultural differences, and to an extent it is, but the truth is this is about manchildren vs actual adults. Actual Japanese adults have the same reaction to this style of artwork being made for adult men that actual American adults do.

You mean Sword. It would be just as bad as Shaman if Forest didn't have retarded OP cards.

>Characters can be attractive without being sexual or ultra cute.
Que?

What's wrong with wearing slutty attire?
There are also girls in non-slutty attire
Also westernshit has just as much "slutty attire" as japshit

Not the user you're arguing with but a better word for what you want would be "stereotypical", not "generic".

haven players have no rights

Even Forest is more honest than a Haven deck

Haven isn't necessarily the strongest class in the game but it's easily the most bullshit one and never fun to play against.

I am a 6'2", ripped 25 years old with a shirt that says Game & Lift 4 Life and I play Shadowverse on my s7edge. You are afraid to play games in public because you are an insecure, weak and pathetic loser, not because the games are embarassing.

Post em, Sup Forums:
>tfw you're simply too cOOl to play your manchild card games in public

Why does she have a hole on her lips?

>Forest
>Honest
Forest is about as honest as Shaman.

Strangest thing about this is SV followers are usually worse statted than same cost HS minions

At least Forest's cards are interactable
>Beastcall Aria on turn 2
>just Odin it :^)

it's also like 80% of what people play
I just want to play my midrange blood deck and shit on the millions of people playing gorilla mash aggro decks
but you aren't allowed to play midrange against haven

That one card is not representative of Hearthstone. Hearthstone has a few sexual cards, but they are acceptable because they are not common and don't look like they're catering to pedophiles.

Am I just wasting my gold by playing T2? I'm tired of getting drafted shit cards and going against everyone else who got lucky. Two Haven players in a row with Elana's Prayer (one fucker had 2!)/

I have no idea actually, I didn't notice. I was too busy looking at her boobs. I think it's a shitty attempt at a beauty spot.

>T1 Pinion Prayer -> T2 Aria -> T3 Dogma
Every. Fucking. Time.

This gay anime bullshit is the reason anyone gives a shit in the first place and the game didn't go the way of Faeria or Scrolls or Duelyst or whatever they're all called.

Why are people accepting of the fact that this game literally just copypasted Hearthstone and swapped the western art with waifu shit? Why hasn't Blizzard sued them?

Rune has two ways to interact with it on early turns, Kaleidoscopic Glow and Petrification.

Which is why I hope they nerf DShift so they can buff other Rune cards and make the deck less binary.