2 years in development

>2 years in development
>Budget title
>FF XV after 10 years of development gets absolutely BTFO from a few minutes of gameplay footage.

How did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/22/nier-automata-length-to-exceed-25-hours/
youtu.be/ierN1qqkeDQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Director got replaced.

Nier Replicant buy me love will be a 2 hour game, that's why.

Platinum knows how to churn out a game, just look at MGR

Infact I think Platinum could've saved Versus

This game is looking real good, and the music is top notch as always. Can't wait.

FF XV had too many developers and too much money thrown at it with not enough concise direction to throw it all together

also it fell for the open world meme

>imply FF hasn't always been open world
I think you've been meme-ing too hard yourself today.

I'm pissed because the battle gameplay in the new Nier is EXACTLY what I was hoping for in FFXV. We got trash instead. I look forward to Nier being infinitely better in every way compared to the 10 year garbage we got with XV.

You don't deserve good gameplay if you think FF Versus looked good.

post link

THE KING IS BACK

The way they saved TMNT games? No thanks.

FFXV had a ton of money and time dumped into it, which meant they had to go out of their way to appeal to as many people as possible. This meant cutting back on neat or complex gameplay things in the name of sales. Basically, if there's a lot of money at stake, executives want to take less risk.

Because Automata is limited, they have to have a clear idea what they want to do and can do with the money they have. Additionally, they have a lot more creative freedom, due to being a smaller title.

>Nier Replicant buy me love will be a 2 hour game, that's why.
don't fuck with me.

pretty much this. Versus was never meant to be open world. Maybe a world map, but never open world.

> world maps are the same as open world
throw yourself in front of a train if you believe this

It's Platinum. You can't deny it.

If they ever made something Okami length again I would cum buckets

playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/22/nier-automata-length-to-exceed-25-hours/

since when did AA become "budget"?

that's 8 hours longer than ffxv

both of these newses please me.

It better not be a on fucking fishing or collecting goat testicles

The devs that appear on stage (Saito, Taura, Taro) seem to be having fun making the game too.

Yeah, Nier/Drakengard in general has this unrefined quality that I think stems from them being able to make an actual passion project.

I think Automata's one of the few AA games we don't get enough of anymore, where it hits that sweet spot between decent budget and creative freedom.

Platinum is god tier at combat. + Taro mindfuckery

you have not truly beat a Nier/ Drakengard game till you reach all endings

that is the rule

That's not what he said, retard.

Unfortunately I have better things to do than waste 10+ hours for a final cutscene

But you sometimes get extra gameplay (At least in Drakengard)

Except now that gameplay may possibly not be shit.

That would definitely help

goddamn she's so cute.

>even though the definition applies, it doesn't apply because my arbitrary limitations say so

Drakengard 3 gameplay was an improvement over 1 and 2

That's not saying very much, mind you. It still feels like someone tried to mod a Musou game to have slightly more sophisticated combat but fucked up the optimization in the process. Less clunky than the first games, but clunky nonetheless.

> world maps are largely overheads over each traversible region
> open world is basically NOTHING for miles to see in the characters PoV
not that arbitrary

Say what you like, world maps with optional areas are a kind of precursor to genuine open-world. Same with games with exploration and non-linear progression in general. They're not the same thing, but the concept is similar.

the concept is similar but one is actually enjoyable

I hope FFXV doesn't return Square's money so they can give Yoko more funding, those idiots are worse than Konami. A 10 year game with multiple change of hands and directions doesn't seem like a wise move, I'd have canned it. It seemed to costly to produce kinda like MGSV but at least MGSV has good gameplay.

>Mgs v
>good gameplay

???
LITERALLY the worst entry in the series

I know. I miss airships and world maps too. At least there's still the Bravely games.

Funny, I'm the same guy and thought Drakengard 1 had the best core gameplay.

It had the most interesting magic system and the dynamic switching between ground and air was cool.

Nier was too easy and DoD3 was super dissapointing with its aerial combat. Plus that not-devil trigger was super boring.

> the last finaru fantasy with a world map and pilotable airship was 9
> 16 years ago
OH IT HURTS
IT HURTS ME BADLY

bravely default was so utterly forgettable

everything about it was so utterly generic and JRPG garden variety - i don't know why everyone cums buckets over the game. dungeons are total shit, story and writing is retarded and the gameplay is nothing more than your turn-based fare, except you need to 'default' (i.e. defend) three turns in a row before you blow your load on the boss

on the other hand i enjoyed the music and the game had a lot of quality of life features just like changing the encounter rate and fast forwarding battles which i enjoyed. the class system is nice but you can't really utilise any cool combos until you're basically at the end of the game or through ridiculous amounts of grinding.

MGSV is a mess of a game, but it's gameplay is the best of the series even though it's repitive as all hell. It's open world is empty as fuck though. The clunkiness of older MGS games drive me nuts.

Gameplay was solid, story and characters were kind of iffy. I still liked it because of the same sentiment has, though. It filled a gap that hadn't been catered to for over a decade, even if it wasn't that amazing.
I still prefer it to FFXV though. If Squeenix put some effort into the writing for another Bravely game instead of dumping all their resources into more FF, I'd be pretty happy with that.
Either that, or give Taro some creative control over FF or something. That could be interesting.

I'd blame that more on Activision than them.

good meme

Dat tight as fuck gameplay
Dat boss
Dat music
Dat damnaku
youtu.be/ierN1qqkeDQ

> Plus that not-devil trigger was super boring.
It was the only reason it was playable.

I see people complaining about how little the boss reacts to hits. What are your thoughts?

I think even a health bar would help a lot, but for the video's purposes it was obviously not put in. Besides, that thing looked heavy as fuck.

I think they are not doing much damage as it is armored as fuck. The real damage is most likely in phase 2.

Healthbar would be nice.

Toobie a cute!
A CUTE!

>FF XV after 10 years of development

the game was actually in development for like 5-6 years

Why japan loves bitches who cover their eyes and wear maid dresses

Even Kotaku completed it in 20 hours.

It's not a meme, it's the truth. Accept it.

> trailer shown in post-9/11+5 years
God why were we waiting for ten years? I just don't know.

>Plus that not-devil trigger was super boring.
Mechanically not that interesting, but dat primal scream though.

Cosplay. No really.
Director specifically asked for a "chic" design that would be good for cosplay.

See pic related.

I like how each review varies on the characters being either well done, or shit.

One thing remains the same. The story is poorly executed.

>driving around the world is a blast
Wait so you can control the car freely now?

No. Congratulations, after years of exposed corrupt gaming journalism you are still dumb enough to believe what they say.

POST TOOBIES!

You can in the platinum demo.

That's not leotard, 3/10 i say.

>It's not a meme, it's the truth. Accept it.
But it literally is. I mean even the Kotaku review states that they have been doing 35 hours of sideshit AFTERWARDS.

Just rushing through the story means fuckall on its own especially when it's not excplicitly stated.

>NO YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO ALL OPTIONAL CONTENT FIRST SO YOU ARE OVERLEVELLED AND MAKE THE GARBAGE STORY CONTENT EVEN WORSE BY MAKING IT EASIER

great game design

SE always had a pharaonic complex to their projects, sometimes this pays off, sometimes it doesn't (see that FF movie from the early 00's).

Their more dialed back, on a budget projects are always good though, see Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross (the story kinda sucked but everything else was beautiful)

Here is Toobie in a leotard (high-cut)

It doesn't really matter, even if you only rush the story you are overlevelled.

>Yoshida
I will buy 3 copy of this.

Who says all? It's very unlikely someone will just ignore everything but the main story in an RPG.

Saying GAME was completed in 20 hours rather than just STORY is nothing but bullshit.

You seriously are a fucking idiot aren't you? The post you replied to said story done in 20 hours. Literally what you want people to say, and yet you bitch like a woman.

KILL YOURSELF. You are pathetic and lonely and me calling you a piece of shit is literally putting off your suicide by one more day by actually interacting with your worthless illiterate self.

You can control it 'freely' (i.e. you control it, but it feels awful and it sticks to the roads like it's on rails and parking is a pre-animated sequence and/or contextual prompt) in certain chapters. Chapter 2 and 3 you have control, but in Chapter 4 you lose it for the whole fucking chapter. Dunno about later parts of the game.
Also, the map only opens up bit by bit, the area you have to explore in Chapters 1 and 2 is minimal.

Talent and hard work instead of just relying on your name to sell.

And that's why he got replaced. Gotta make sure you do what the spreadsheets tell you to do!

Mother of God.

Cosplayers are so cringe. Nu-males and betas need to be burned for allowing these skanks to parade around these goofy outfits.

>The post you replied to said story done in 20 hours
No it didn't. It's just literally a shitposting pic of the game at last chapter with no statement one way or the other, just like with Metal Gear Rising.

>KILL YOURSELF. You are pathetic and lonely and me calling you a piece of shit is literally putting off your suicide by one more day by actually interacting with your worthless illiterate self.
How upset can you get?

Women will wear goofy shit regardless. Just look at the retarded fashion trends throughout history, what supposedly classy women will wear to chic events, all the shit on display at fashion shows, etc.
You can't actually stop them from dressing up like fucking idiots.

>completed the story in 20 hours, 35 hours of side content
>No it didn't.
Illiterate piece of shit confirmed. Reply again sonny, go on put down the knife and reply again.

How are all of these people praising the combat? I mean, I get that some people would like it, but with what it is, I'd have expected at least some sites to say that it doesn't work so well.

>expecting something great from a soulless licensed game
This isn't the 90's

Why is her fanart so scarce? That image has been posted so many times in NieR thread that its getting boring.

When you just copy paste Bayonetta's moveset you can get a pretty good game in under a year

the game aint out yet

now discuss Toobie's toobies

No. Her exposed back is beautiful, however.

I hope when she gets damaged we get to see all her internal moving parts.

>see all her internal moving parts
I don't waifu toasters so I wouldn't know, but would this just arouse those who do?

>would this just arouse those who do?
I do only if she feels the pain and shows an emotional reaction to her body getting ripped apart like that.

Given the "happy ending" Taro has in mind, I think you'll destroy your dick on this game.

Same stupid shit Kojima said for Quiet

Unlike Taro he actually tried to attach a bullshit meaning to it beyond that. That's why people hated Quiet.

If they treat Taro's games as AAA like FFXV you can say goodbye to any quality his games had.

When Platinum makes a good game it's all them.
When Platinum makes a bad game it's Nintendo or Activision.

>What are your thoughts?

She's a robot who just wants to perform and is actively ignoring the two hecklers who have left their seats. :(

>phase 2

>the video fades as she hops back on stage

I'm hype.

I have high hopes for this game but I see too much Platinum dick sucking here. Remember this? Remember TMNT? Remember Transformers?

Dude I remember seeing pics of Noctis on that throne in fucking PSM. I can't even remember the last time I held a magazine, but I do remember that.

>Budget game

Nice meme
Platinum is AAA and don't let anybody say otherwise

Those games are made by the shitty team. Nier 2 is made by the Revengeance team with some SE employees added and a much longer dev cycle.