Why do you even do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZhOff9MDqo
youtube.com/watch?v=6vlpOoQDSWo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6jmaCQbXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>can't accept that this isn't a decent game
Ok, I accept that it isnt even decent.

Just don't bother with the modern, underaged normie crowd. Just look at this year's GOTY contenders, and you'll see how shitty the industry has become. Then think that there's people who've grown with nothing but that kind of mediocre shit.

That's the group that dislikes XIII.

This is a decent game. That's the point.

I'm playing through this game. I'm 12 hours in. Playing without lightning is really fucking annoying. Low dps shitter groups are boring.

Then why did OP say that I can't accept that it isn't a decent game?

It isnt a decent game. I accept that.

No the sentence means that people can't accept the fact that this is a decent game.

Learn to read, dumb ass.

It did get a positive reception but that doesn't mean much. What is important is that it showed there are still lots of ways to make new turn-based combat systems. That's what makes the decision to completely dump turn-based for FF15 and possibly in FF7R so disappointing.

He would have put
>People still can't accept that this is a decent game
But he didnt

can confirm that the story of this game looks like polished shit compared to XV literal shit of a story

That's what I meant. Again, learn to read.

it is a decent game tho

Man I can't wait for "what went so right" threads for Skyward Sword when Botw comes out :^)

Don't troll dude.

Just post FF girl armpits goddamn.

Did you start this thread cause you got in a little argument about how terrible it is? Poor guy.

OP fucked up his thread like Toriyama did to Final Fantasy with FFXIII.

I can also accept it isn't a decent game. That much is clear.

Final fantasy has not been good since IX. Even the music has been shit except some tracks in X

Go fuck yourself you dumb ass troll.

Dumb ass, it is a decent game.

>Just don't bother with the modern, underaged normie crowd.

But that's XIII's target demographic.

See you're doing it again OP. You're telling people to learn to read but what you actually mean is for them to spell/grammar check your post.

>troll
First time on Sup Forums, kid?

Nope. The current normie fags don't even know what JRPG is, or why they are made to sit tight and merely "issue orders" for their characters during fights. They are the casual crowd who can't even into a typical PC WRPG anymore, because "this is nothing like my DaS!".

FFXIII was way better FF game than some of its predecessors, weaker than certain others. A fairly enjoyable game that gets better towards the end, and gets some long needed improvements in the sequels.

>learn to read
right back at you

>FFXIII was way better FF game than some of its predecessors

Which ones?

2, 5, 8 and 12. Not to mention all the MMOs or Adventures.

XIII was made entirely to scrape in those normie bux. Say what you will about XII, but it had quite a bit of complexity to it which would put normies off.

1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 11, 12, and 14.

I at least think Lightning is an easier accepting final fantasy character than Noctis.

>when
>already confirmed not launch title
>yfw windwaker hd hd comes out first

right back at you, dumb-dumb

nah

>but it had quite a bit of complexity to it which would put normies off.
12 was simple as fuck, and boring one at that.

Yeah, let's pretend your beloved offline MMO actually had you do anything at all during the fights, besides throwing a potion or cure once in a while.
>inb4 b-but muh gambits aint obligatory!
>inb4 muh ivalice!!
>inb4 muh Balthier & bunny girl!!!

And 13 wasn't simple as fuck?
>switch paradigm to enemy weakness
>press autobattle
>summon when it gets tough ok baby
>repeat

>nothing to do
>cept this

As if your hallway simulator was any better and wasn't JUST as guilty of the auto-play feature. Gambits are vastly superior to the Paradigm system and if you want to control every single input/action of every single character, you can. Not so in FFXIII. It has worse combat in pretty much every aspect (I forget what that meter you build up by attacking was called but it was interesting, I'll give you that and only that). I tried so hard to like that game but man was it awful.

M8 you don't know what you're talking about. But, how about those hallways, right? And a battle system that was most definitely a step backwards for the series.

It's linear till the 15th hour
The story is rubbish
The side quests are all kill this monster and you can only access them at the 15th hour
The weapon upgrading system is poor
The combat system limits you to pre-determined parties of 2 with a handful of roles for 10 hours and doesn't give you full control over the setup and 3 party members till the 13th hour
You can't unlock chocobos till you've beaten quite a few side quests
There's not much else you can do in the game as there are no towns or mini-games or special progressions for characters

It takes too long to get decent

>tfw you realize the first half of the game is a tutorial

>put hundreds of hours to each of the games
>"Lol u know nothing m8!"
t: (You)

FF12 has been the most boring entry in the whole series so far. Easily the most overrated piece of shit.
FF13 was a huge improvement in all ways, and the combat system is easily amongst the best ones in the whole series. It's fast, flashy, and provides surprising amount of tactics once you dig into it.

But yeah, let's pretend that FF's combat was ever anything but pressing X, or that those tiny sections of "world maps" were actually anything but linear pipes for the big majority of the games.

Why is she so edgy?

She's not. You know jack shit about "edgy"

It's a tutorial for 20 hours and it never stops being a hallway. Just because there was a big circle in pulse doesn't mean it stopped being about hallways because as soon as you leave the circle it goes back to the way it was before

>taciturn
>edgy
You forgot your frog, retard.

>It's linear till the 15th hour
It's linear the entire way through don't kid yourself

She slaps everyone for talking back to her in such a cool and calm manner
She's pretty edgy

She's not just taciturn but also an asshole to everyone.

Also she's a Mary Sue, an edgy Mary Sue.

>easily is the most overrated piece of shit
>is defending a game where you walk down a hall with your shit-tier waifu

Also what improvements did the paradigm system make? Am not attacking you, I am genuinely curious. I fail to see how a system that allows for things like the following to happen:
>Get to 1/2 HP
>Switch to a Paradigm with a Medic
>Medic heals the other character first
>Medic heals themselves
>You die, instant Game Over

I didn't see any part of it as an improvement. If you can make good points to how it is, I might consider picking it back up. Like I said, I REALLY wanted to enjoy this game.

Also you really shouldn't be attacking the map design of literally any game when you're defending a game that didn't even TRY to not be a giant hallway for the first 15-20 hours.

You call that "cool and calm"?
And slapping people is now "edgy"?
Wow, go back to school kid.

>flashy
And this is why XIII failed. They tried too hard to make the game look good that they forgot to make a game.

meant to say "I fail to see how a system that allows for things like the following to happen is an improvement."

If you wanna break it down like that, then every game in the world ever made was beaten simply by pushing a series of directional buttons followed by an action button

Heh...you underestimate the edge of an open hand...kid...I'll show you someday...if you can handle the training...

Reminder that Marzgurl did a better job than Spoony at analyzing the flaws of 13.

youtube.com/watch?v=CZhOff9MDqo

youtube.com/watch?v=6vlpOoQDSWo

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ6jmaCQbXk

Sorry, but if you're such an idiot that solely relies on ONE AI controller party member to do all the job for you, you deserve your game overs.

Apparently you did not ever find the pure joys of SAB+SYN combos or triple SENs / SEN+MED combos.

Finally, people relying on AutoBattle button are literal casual morons. Manual combos + REPEAT function = much faster, more effective, AND more fun gameplay.

IZJS was the best modern single player FF game to come out. Any dissension to this would be made by an obviously small minded person.

Keep my (you)'s short please since you're wasting your time shitposting that any of the modern FF games are better.

For fags who hate new video games, yes 6 is hands down the best Classic FF game. 12 > 7-10. Everything before 7 gets grouped into the Classic FF games and can't be measured against the newer ones for obvious reasons.

They did just a fine game. People with serious nostalgia goggles just think that the entire series' overall gameplay was nothing but a mere variation of that of XIII's. And part of the nay-sayers clearly only played the game for two hours, tops.

obligatory

>shilling e-celebs
Anything FF12 related is nothing but shit. Your alternative class system does not fix the boring as fuck world, lackluster writing, and terrible cast.

or you could put up a sentinel there provoke the shit out of the opponents then have 2 healers 1 is you user and heal yourself lmao while the other one do their shit

The hours required for the game to actually become engaging dipped into double digits, I don't blame anyone who only played for 2-3 hours

Way to deflect any legitimate criticism towards your precious gem of a game, snowflake.

Holy shit, fix your English before you try to fix his gameplay

I don't even know I managed two hours of it to be honest. Easily the most boring FF.

or you can input battle commands and not rely on fucking autobattle what the fuck

nah, I was already enjoying it a few hours in. The more "classes" and the more characters you got, the better. Shit got real by the time Snow storms in with his dual-Shivas and starts beating hover-bikes with his bare hands.

It's (You) who is trying to get more recognition to his shitty console WoW clone here.

that'd be 12

>new mainline FF is barely out
>the last mainline FF that was complete dogshit is now cool to like

Like fucking clockwork.

13 is a fun game, but one of the worst in the series. It was a big letdown when it came out. Anytime an FF game released 6 - 12 it was pure gold to me. Not just a decent JRPG.

>Play FFX-2 as a joke
>It has a great combat system with 20 different classes
>You have full control over each character
>You can change classes in combat
>You get classes as you progress through the game

>Play FFXIII
>There's 6 different classes
>You only have control over one character but can change the classes in combat
>You have predetermined classes and combinations for each character till over halfway through the game and mostly have just two characters in combat till about halfway as well

Why people think XIII's combat system is good amazes me

Have you people been waiting for this day to come out of the 13 closet or what? Even if 15 is shit 13 doesn't retroactively get better.

if it didn't have final fantasy on its name. it'd be great.

stop kidding yourself, XV isn't a masterpiece, but it makes this game look like a anus with cancer.

It's not decent it's outright shit.

Because it was brainless as fuck and made people feel like they were actually doing good things.

Nice deflection there. But, if you like being funnelled down tunnels for 20 hours, that's your prerogative. It's the nadir of the series.

>mfw Sup Forums is actually rejecting the predictable "At least XIII isn't as bad as XV" maymay

I'm proud of you guys.

So this day has come

the day when FFXIII is called a "decent" game

>trying to get more recognition to his shitty console WoW clone here.
You need to calm down with those accusations, kid. I was just posting some critics opinion on 13.

XIII will always be a masterpiece, regardless of where it exists in time.

Like said earlier, you can pretend like the past FF games did anything but funnel you to pipes for the first 2-3 discs. Few "towns" in between do not change the fact.

I'd also much rather play a game that progresses forward and is more engaging to play, than waste my time with a bland offline MMO game with the worst possible MCs.

The difference between garbage and passable is a pretty wide margin.

i'd say it's below average at best if they removed the 20 hr tutorial and gave the full battle system much like xiii-2 did it'd be "decent"

At least those games HAD towns you could revisit.

the battle system is what killed the game for me,
just when I thought it couldn't get worse than VIII's junction system.

I like how faggots be like

>it gets good 40 hours in

Let's looks at the 'good' part of XIII

>literally a field of grass no bigger than the calm from X
>literally explored in about 15 min
>back to tunnel when you're done grinding for a few moments

Wow guys, can't believe I was so wrong! this game really is decent!

XIII is in the top half of FF games desu

>What is narrative progression
You're confusing following the course of the story with walking down nearly endless hallways for 20 hours.

>literally
I agree but stop this shit

For what? Item shopping and HP recharging?

I'm not, since both are merely two sides of the same coin in XIII. The further you progress, the more of the story and lore you learn.

This thread STILL hasn't turned into Lightning worshipping general?

There are certainly unintended ways to proceed in the earlier final fantasies. You can find yourself skipping around towns and doing some things out of order. Go watch speedruns of other final fantasies versus one for 13 for example, the difference is staggering.

This is lightning fags

>probably short
>kissless virgin
>likes moe
>hasn't played any FF before XIII

I think this is the same user that said he only plays jrpgs for their gameplay. He's practically a clone of Egoraptor.

I never endured that far, but I'm going to take your word for it and say I'm glad I stopped playing it the first night I got it

>the battle system is what killed the game for me,
why would we worship this cardboard when we have sazh

>You can find yourself skipping around towns and doing some things out of order.
Like said, the towns are mere distractions from the overall linear progression in the old FF games. Literal pit-stops that often don't affect the overall experience much at all.

worship sazh instead

What are some of your favorite rpgs, 13-chan? Let alone your favorite Final Fantasies. I'm curious.

>cuckold losers raised by blacked
must be NA time

Fang was obviously superior, even if she didn't like tube steak