LETS PLAY DK 64!

LETS PLAY DK 64!
>COLLECT TWO-HUNDRED AND ONE GOLD BANANAS
>COLLECT EIGHT-HUNDRED COLORED BANANAS! THAT'S ONE-HUNDRED AND SIXTY PER KONG!
>COLLECT FIFTEEN FIVE BANANA COINS!
>COLLECT FORTY BANANA MEDALS!
>COLLECT EIGHT BATTLE ARENA CROWNS!
>COLLECT ALL FORTY BLUEPRINTS!
>COLLECT ALL TWENTY BANANA FAIRY PICTURES
>COLLECT AT LEAST FIFTY-NINE BANANA BUNCH COINS, HOWEVER THERE ARE A TOTAL OF NINE-HUNDRED AND FORTY-NINE!

THAT'S TWO-THOUSAND AND SEVENTY-NINE ITEMS TO COLLECT! GET TO COLLECTING!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OhLVrfMKiKg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I only missed getting all the banana coins.

Source?

fuck yeah i love collecting

Fuck you. I loved to collect all the shit in DK64. I have 3 101% savegames sitting around.
I do it every year

www.goatse.cx

>not playing to 164%

thanks

What? Enlighten me now.

Still love this game after all these years aside from Beaver Bother.

Yes OP, that is what we call "gameplay". You've probably forgotten what that was.

Beaver Bother is easier. Even more so when you grow up.

Nah, I've had a go at the ones in Creepy Castle recently. The game's collision detection with the hole is wonky as fuck, and even if you can manipulate it it's rather difficult to manupulate the beaver's movements reliably. Trying to get it to where you drop a beaver in the hole every 2 seconds on average or fail? It's not worth the headache.

Huh. When I was in Creepy Castle it was fairly easy for me. Did it in one go, too.

Why do people complain about the multi-colored bananas? You only need to collect 75 in each stage for 100% (since that's what you need for the banana medal) and they're more helpful than anything because 90% of them are either on the way to or around golden bananas for each kong. The worst part about banana collecting is the banana balloons with the absolute garbage hit detection.

>every year

Same. I did mine earlier this year. I need to get some real hardware for the authentic buttery smooth 20 FPS experience.

Sometimes the trick to getting the beavers in the hole works but there are a lot of times where the game just refuses to let you win. It's not as bad as when I was a kid but it's still a broken piece of shit.

>with the absolute garbage hit detection.
Come on, you have at least 4 shots to explode the balloon. Just make a little line with them and pop.

WELCOME TO BONUS STAGE

Warning do not click this link! I clicked it and saw something discusting!

youtube.com/watch?v=OhLVrfMKiKg

I fucking love the soundtrack, man.

The collecting was excessive and badly done but what's really terrible is how much of the game boils down to either activating a switch or playing a mini-game. That was like the entirety of Crystal Caves.

Why is Gloomy Galleon so underrated?

I 100%'d the game when I was a kid. All I needed was that fucking N64 Coin. The VC version is fucking beautiful, by the way.

OHHH BANANA

DAW
DAW
DAW KEY KON

YEAAAHH

What's different about the VC version?

minimum 59 banana coins, but there are fucking 949? are you shitting me?

>The VC version is fucking beautiful, by the way.
The analogue stick deadzones are fucking disgusting on the Wii U N64 VC.
>0% to 30% = No input registered.
>31% = Walk slowly
>32% to 100% = MAXIMUM FAST

You mean you tilt it and then your dong's speed expands? Sound good to me

>tfw even as an autistic kid who strived for 100% in like every game I played, I wasn't autistic enough to get literally everything in DK64

I hope you're only implying it's a good thing for the sake of that joke because the VC emulation is fucking terrible and there is no defending it as a paid product.

Preferred banjo because no backtracking

you retard it's 700 colored bananas per kong lmao

play the game first before talking shit

he probably saw the minimum required amount of bananas to open the boss doors and thought that was all of them
160 bananas per kong is NOTHING

> you will never know the purpose of this mysterious pillar

It exists for a balloon to float around.

Mystery solved.

I never did beat this game because of the coin from old arcade donkey kong. Fuck that shit

>you will never know what's behind this mysterious wall

Surely someone has noclipped through?

>mfw revolving spike maze
How the fuck were you supposed to get through it?

FUCK BEAVER BOTHER REEEEEEEE

>COLLECT EIGHT-HUNDRED COLORED BANANAS! THAT'S ONE-HUNDRED AND SIXTY PER KONG!

You don't get anything for doing this besides a sound cue. If you actually did this of your own free will you need psychiatric help.

what was the point of adding a really big kong and a really small kong when you already had donkey and diddy

like for all the shit people give the orangutan at least he was actually different from dk and diddy

i can't recall who you're talking about
could someone perhaps describe the character for me

He has no style
He has no face
This kong's got a funny face