I know some of you must still play PSO online. What's the best server...

I know some of you must still play PSO online. What's the best server? I assume schthack is still dead and I wouldn't really want to go back anyway with all their shenanigans.

I went inactive for a while on shithack and when I came back my account was looted, including me v101 I worked my ass off for. Fuck those putrid faggots.

go play pso2 you dummy

I play on ephinea, pretty good shit there

I heard it's not as good as PSO. Judging by the general it's more of a modern micro transaction riddled dress up MMO than a real PSO sequel.

Looks good, is it very active? I'm not seeing player stats anywhere on the site.

every time i play this game with friends, after logging off for one or two nights, one of them finds some way to get a shit ton of items given to them. Which he then hands out to everyone completely destroying my motivation to play. Is it just me, or do you guys like when someone you play with does this?

it does kind of suck but in the long run you can get to where the real fun is (ultimate mode) faster

who cares dude. every item you get is immediately obsolete almost.

Ephinea had a suggestion thread about letting veteran players start from level 80, so I don't think anybody cares about earning levels or gear.

ephinea is probably the best private server currently, schthack has been complete and utter garbage for years and the rest are run by brazillian bronies with x8 experience and droprates

I really don't like that either. That and high lv players running lowbies through dungeons was always lame.

Yeah, I log on every now and then. It feels very "mobile game"-ey.
>Daily/Weekly Missions to get money or exp
>Constant events to get new party members
>Lottery to get random costumes or emotes

Ephinea is the best if your looking for a vanilla experience.

I meant
>microtransactions for a scratch card for a random chance to get a costume

At least you can buy the costumes from player shops if you fork over the meseta.

the people that play there are pretty hardcore fans, while they may be only about 60-90 people playing, they play all the time, so you get to see a lot of them and remember their names

hell, I just joined a guild and when I log in everyone recognizes me

regarding that, if you're going to play there, avoid playing with mewplushie, its a turbo autist that will add a -chan to your name and talk in third person, everyone else is okay

What's wrong with schthack? Sad to hear it died. Played there for a few years on and off. Never played back when the official servers were up so I wouldn't know if something was up with it, except for extremely infrequent updates, bugfixes etc. What were the main differences between schthack and ephinea?

Is that really a bad thing user~chan?

>neverending ttf runs

man that shit sucks, while you can get to ultimate faster, it takes away from the fun

if you're retarded its fine

>phantasy star online online

Anyone else a solo player? I never group up with people in this game ever, am I missing out?

>mewplushie
>been helping my characters run my characters run TTF to level to ultimate since like 2006 on schthack
>they still do it on ephinea in 2016
Are they really that bad? I kinda admire how much they love this game

Just move on to PSO2, it's better.

I miss this game.

PSO party play kind of lost its luster when everyone figured out the best quests for EXP.

It was a lot better when people switched up which quests they were doing rather than just spamming TTF.

You're probably not missing out on too much nowadays.

as I said they really like this game, if you can handle that autismo then you should be fine and enjoy yourself

I couldn't tell you everything, but ephinea seems more polished and only seems to support BB. Schthack supported everything but was run by retards and shut down over some sort of Internet drama, which I see is currently hurting sylverant too.

I didn't call it PSO online, I was asking if anyone played the game online.

Ephinea has a hardcore mode, which is pretty cool. Adds a whole new layer of tension if you've already played through the game a bunch. You should try it out if you're a veteran looking for something a little different. You also get double XP and rare drop rates I think. Just don't die.

As far as speedrunning goes, I don't think it's much of a problem. Honestly, normal and hard mode are the most boring parts of the game. Getting speed ran up to Very Hard makes the game more enjoyable in my opinion.

Thanks for all the helpful responses, anons. Think I'll give ephinea a try tomorrow. Good night.

>What's the best server?
pioneer2.net

Check the current /vr/ thread while you're at it. Might find some guys to do low level stuff with.

Nah. Waiting for PSU Clementine. Tired of PSO.

To be fair, PSO doesn't hold up well today. Most of us who play it, play it for nostalgia or rare weapon hunting, probably both.

Remaking PSO with modern graphics was already done, its called PSU which I believe also has unofficial servers.

The truth is, you can't make PSO today with the same magic and amazement the original game had. PSO2 is genuinely as close as we are getting and the fact that PSO2 gets very boring, very quickly is testament that PSO was a legendary game when it came out but nothing more than a much loved relic of the past now.

>PSO doesnt hold up well today

Horseshit. The only real tweaks it needs is making it to where defense and elemental resists stop being wonky
at high levels and actually becoming detrimental in certain situations.

Im new, how do I start having fun in this game?
Cant even find nor do quests in this game

>PSO doesn't hold up well today
PSO2 doesn't even "up" anything, it just stays on the ground.

Its gameplay is a thorough improvement, even upon itself in later episodes.

it's a hit and miss, majorly depending on what kind of weapon and class combination you use

gauntlets were a mistake