THE BOUNCER

THE BOUNCER

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L9H5Aa8w-_4&t=205s
youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-EmtXbFRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only thing i recall from this game is some scientist lady practiced capoeira

one of the most underrated games ever..
Megetsu 1 of my favs
youtube.com/watch?v=L9H5Aa8w-_4&t=205s

DO A FLIP

Every time I try this game I'm put off by how fucking awkward the combat is.

His sister...was a robot...all along...

It's a shame we don't see more good JRPGs/Beat Em up anymore. Or beat them ups or good RPGs in general.

Does the Playsation for even have pressure sensitivity any more? Hardly any games used it and it seems like it had potential.

This is the one game I always saw at Gamestop for two dollars and assumed it was shit.

>I never got to finish this game before i had to return it to the rental store

REEEEEEEEE!!!

goddamnit i hated being so poor when i was younger, now i can afford shit i don't even play fucking games anymore, i just fucking look at it!

FOR FUCK SAKE GIMME BACK MY CHILDHOOD!

It's worth two dollars. The combat unique.

Isn't the MC basically what you'd get if Sora and Squall performed a fusion dance?

i just thought he was sora who grew up in the 90's and bought jinco, and silver bling everywhere.

Every time i look at this i think "I bet he sits on the back of the bus and listens to radio edits of DMX and Redman"

Jesus chirst, if I can sum up my childhood gaming experience in one game it would be this.

I can still recall all the character names and some quotes

It's Sora if he didn't get a Keyblade.

I don't care if I destroy my mind...

Shit I vaguely remember this, I got stuck somewhere after the boss that could counter your triple team attack combo thing. Pretty good from what I recall though.

this game has some amazing music though

DURAGON C. MIKADO

SION BARZHAD

DAURAGON C. MIKADO
DAURAGON C. MIKADO
DAURAGON C. MIKADO
DAURAGON C. MIKADO

"Hey! C'mon"

>That stage where you have to escape the water

That gave me nightmares as a kid.

This game had a funky vs system.

All I remember about that game was two homies holding a nigga down so I could soccer kick him in the head.

Feels like whoever did the newest FF coming out played Bouncer and said "This needs to be the whole game!"

This game was pretty well paced from what I remember. Easy to pick it up and give it a try and get absorbed in what's going on. Then you get to the stealth section and its time to return the game to blockbuster

this game is actually kinda shit but i remember it really well for some reason

i think it's because it's one of the first PS2 games that I played

Kou Lefou

SUPER SPY

I remember just using one character.

I did think it was neat the final boss had form the more you played. And (I think?) it had a post credits fight. Those are always nice.

Post of the week

The Bouncer wasn't that bad, but if you remember the amount of hype around it, particularly as a ps2 launch title, it's not surprising that it was remembered as a failure. The game did a couple of interesting things with regard to the fighting, and it's interesting as an early ps2 game as devil may cry hadn't come along and influenced the genre massively, and as such it's a lot more in the mould of something like streets of rage than anything that comes out now rly

This game had better battle system than FFXV

I used only one character too, which fucked me a little bit on some parts but for the most part wasn't overly punishing.

Though in some late game fights the other 2 dudes basically instantly getting knocked on their ass was hilarious

What's his name again?

I swear to god I beat this fucking game twice and never figured out/remembered what the C stood for.

I really liked this game when I was a kid, maxed out all the characters and unlocked all of them except for the one you needed to beat survival mode for.

>he literally fights your group with 1 arm tied behind his back the first time you encounter them

And yet nobody wanted to recognize how far ahead for it's time The Bouncer was.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-EmtXbFRg

DAURAGON
C.
MIKADO

>tfw literally cannot remember any of the other characters besides sion barzahd, duragon c. mikado, kou lefou and bitch who turns into a panther

VERSUS

Cross. The last name of Dominique since they were once siblings.

The tumultous development of this game was supposedly responsible for the breakup of Squaresoft and developer Dream Factory, who made the Tobal series.

DAURAGON C. MIKADO

That's a shame. I know Dream factory made Ehrgeiz. I like that game.

V E R S U S
E
R
S
U
S

Looks like an FF8 character.

Absolutely horrible. Stiff, simplistic combat and short as all fuck.
The graphics were good and the dual audio was a nice touch, but both of those aspects were just displays of the PS2's capabilities. As much as my 12yo self wanted to like the quote "frickin badass" character designs, it was a pisspoor tech demo/parade game.

D A U R A G O N C. M I K A D O
A
U
R
A
G
O
N

>you could play as four different duragon c. mikados

between that and the map where you first fight him that has those long stairs and the piano was what made multiplayer fun

we'd just keep fighting near the piano like it's some shitty king of the hill and keep fucking it up getting rolled all the way down to the bottom steps and having to spend like 20 seconds running back up

>the announcer still said the full name every time for every combatant playing up to 4 times

Dauragon c mikado will follow me to the grave

it's already haunting me

Absolutely great game. It's dissed on because of low marketing and because normie are too stupid to realize it's a classic console fighting game played like a sidescroller. They expect fast combat, rather than treating it like a technical combat game like early Tekken. You actually have to defend and time your attacks. I still think they should have included a tournament mode, with the possibility of unlocking some characters through it too, or at least leveling the main characters.

>rent this game out once
>start to get really into it
>the disc is fucked at a certain point
Should've bought the game I guess

Didn't this game have a button input system for the actual moves, and combos?

nope, dualshock 4 ditched pressure sensitivity

Why are Volt's pants like 9 feet long? Did he get them special tailor made that way?

Holy fucking shit I wasn't expecting this thread to assassinate my sides this badly. I remember this game and remember all of these shenanigans but wonderful Sup Forums doesn't skip a beat on remembering games.

he was anticipating another growth spurt

One last time from me.

D A U R A G O N C. M I K A D O

DAURA DAURA DAURA DAURA DAUR DAUR DAUR DURDURDUR

C C C C C C MIKADODODODODO

>early 2000s fashion

All that demin

....back when Square actually made good games. I miss the good times.

Me and my friend were so gutted when we found it didn't have co op.

>The pleasure of fighting for the sake of fighting!

Man pence got hot after kingdom hearts 2

I always thought she was insanely hot.

Never did get my Japanese gyaru.

Who was this woman? I was remembering that cyborg dude before this character. She doesn't even seem like she's from the game. Honest to god can't remember.