Would you manage to ring both bells of awakening by yourself?

Would you manage to ring both bells of awakening by yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

With an infinite amount of retries, yeah

medial deaths are too brutal. there's no real choice but to linger in firelink. [spoiler[muahahahhaha[/spoiler]

This. Though I guess I would have to avoid going hollow. I feel like knowing what I have to do would keep me sane.

Only possible maybe if I could run right through smoggy walls without beating bosses

Actually now that I think about it, dying and being burned and stuff probably hurts really really bad.

Think I'd be fucked if I could eventually go hallow, unless being undead raises your pain tolerance.

I would ring the first one, but then I'd stay to be Queelag's sex slave and forget about the second.

If I kept my current memories, I'd say yes, because my fetish for undead (and becoming one) would keep my morale maxed out and stop me from becoming hollow.

One day I'll become a skeleton, you'll all see...

Why does the dark souls dude somersault around so much?

That wouldn't very very effective in real combat.

>grab Estoc
>try to get hollow shied from first hollow soldier
Now it'd be a lot safer at least

If I can roll into attacks with invulnerability just like in the game, sure. Shouldn't be too hard.

If I had a gun

As I am now, with no martial training? No. I think I could manage to stay sane, so if I got enough training I might be able to do it eventually.

It's really hard to map game mechanics onto real life to evaluate how possible it would be. Lots of stuff would have to be figured out, like aging, nutrition, etc.

When we can move freely and have real life "hitboxes" while the enemies are tied to there movests it wouldn't be so hard to fight the regular hollows.

>get crossbow and bolts, firebombs
>kill all hollows with relative ease
>summon other crossbow warriors
>pic related

Would have to start lifting so I can wield that zweihander in the graveyard since I'd probably die on the way to nito for the gravelord sword

>trouble wielding a 2kg/5lb sword

If game mechanics exist and I'm aware of them, I could cheese it yeah
If not, but I'm still granted level-ups enough to actually wield the weapons then maybe, but boy would dying a lot hurt

Do you mean without using a walkthrough to know where to go? Or just defeating the bosses by yourself?

I knew where to guy because I saw a friend of mine playing it but I did defeat the bosses by myself. Dark Souls 2 and 3 I did blind though.

>literal autism: the post

I don't think you could get through the graveyard alive

With the darksign? Sure.

You'd get used to it in a few deaths.

>through sheer luck beat taurus demon after fumbling with a firebomb and burning yourself a few times
>in front of gargoyle fog gate
>see summon signature
>nice, another Sup Forumsedditor
>summons fat neckbeard who gasps for air after 5 steps of running

With infinite retries and infinite time grinding sure anyone can eventually brute force it.

If rolling in real combat made you invincible everyone would be doing it.

Can i learn sorceries/miracles?
Beating the hollows is no big deal without them, but i would like to stay away from some of the bigger bosses.
A hollow shield and a mace would get me through a lot.

If i could learn magic and weren't arbitrarily limited to a certain number of casts, it should be a piece of cake.

I mean he must be doing something right if he made it to gargoyles being a fat useless fuck.

>summons fat neckbeard who gasps for air after 5 steps of running
Live bait for the iron pig. Make him carry a bunch of firebombs, so when he gets skewered you can throw one of yours at him and blow up the pig.

sorry lads, you need INT to learn sorceries

i widh my irl stam refilled ad
fast as in darksouls.......

Then it should be no problem. I just rush to Griggs of Vinheim.

As long as I'm free to take the Master Key, sequence breaking would be ezpz
>not farming a Hollow Shield and then meatgrindering against the Drake Valley drakes until you get the Red Tearstone
>not grabbing the zweihander and trapping Havel in the doorway while heavy attacking from a safe distance

5lb is a big generous. Most were around 7 and in Dark Souls it's 10 "weight" (let's say pounds) and is clearly a lot heavier than a real zweihander or montante.

>Most were around 7
Nah. 5-8lb for historical swords used in combat, anything close to 8lb being uncommon.

>and is clearly a lot heavier than a real zweihander or montante.
It's just the devs having absolutely no idea of how weapons weight and function. Just look at the slow-ass animations that look like the undead's swinging around a sledgehammer or something.

What did he mean by this?

fale

>"I'll just meatgrinder into them. I don't have anything to lose if I die."
Next thing you know: youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio

>not grabbing the zweihander and trapping Havel in the doorway while heavy attacking from a safe distance
Why not just buy a bunch of firebombs, drop them down on his head, then blow him up?

You're not going to go from exhausted to being able to sprint in a matter of seconds.
However, you're undead in Dark souls, so that may have something to do with it.

having human mobility would allow you to skip 90% of the actual danger in the game by just climbing around ledges and the like

Funnily enogh the taurus demon actually charged of the bridge on my first playthrough.

I'd probably try to fuck Spider tits.

No you wouldn't, press your hand against the hot stove top and then do it again a few more times.

It doesn't get any better, and deeply traumatizing and painful shit like getting eaten to death by the Capra demons dogs only has harsher residual trauma if exposed to again and again.

I would do it deprived
>gather my soul bros and kill some hollows
>get zweihander
>get the estus boost in New londo ruins
gg ez

With summons? Sure. I would probably try to hold hands with Anastacia first though.

You don't sit there and suffer when you die. It's just one little "oh, there goes my soul again"
You fade out and wake up at the bonfire, like it was all a sick dream

>It doesn't get any better
Yes it does. Once you've burned your nerves completely, the pain gets better for a while at least.
>and deeply traumatizing and painful shit like getting eaten to death by the Capra demons dogs only has harsher residual trauma if exposed to again and again.
Why do you consider it so traumatizing though, if you have the knowledge you'll just spawn back at the last bonfire? What's there to fear? Temporary pain? Why do you fear death when you cannot die?

>It doesn't get any better
Nerves die and the pain gets weaker, and most of pain tolerance is mental, repetition and knowledge of the pain dull it immensely.

Not to mention meditative techniques, which you would almost inevitably skirt sometime, considering you have infinity.

>Sup Forumsirgins shitposting on the ground with soapstones as replacement for Sup Forums

Firelink Shrine will be hell.

>why do you fear getting mauled to death by dogs as they tear the flesh from your bones in a slow and painful death

Idk desu

People get bitten by dogs as children and maintain that fear throughout their life, getting my neck ripped apart by a loud snarling dog doesn't seem any less threatening because I can respawn and do it again.

Death wouldn't be something to fear if you had respawns if it was painless like in your sleep, but when the process of dying is literally the worst possible way every time by fucking demons then yeah, it's terrible, because the process is terrible. A terrible experience doesn't get any better just because you can do it again, that's like saying Brianna Wu's game is better on the second playthrough.

>People get bitten by dogs as children and maintain that fear throughout their life,
Yes, it's a defensive mechanism to make the person stay away from dogs, since dogs are clearly dangerous. This applies to pretty much all trauma.
>getting my neck ripped apart by a loud snarling dog doesn't seem any less threatening because I can respawn and do it again.
Are you a child? Are you helpless against the dogs, or are you stabbing them furiously and bashing their stupid fucking snouts when they're ripping you to shreds?
Fear has a lot to do with attitude and so long as you choose to fight instead of flight, you'll feel a lot better with adrenaline coursing through your veins.

>Death wouldn't be something to fear if you had respawns if it was painless like in your sleep, but when the process of dying is literally the worst possible way every time by fucking demons then yeah, it's terrible, because the process is terrible. A terrible experience doesn't get any better just because you can do it again, that's like saying Brianna Wu's game is better on the second playthrough.
It is better when you are actually fighting every time. The experience turns from being torn to pieces until death, to temporary pain with absolute no repercussions.
There is absolutely nothing there to fear but momentary pain.

You don't have no idea how human memory or psychology works, don't reply to my fucking thread again you autistic fag

goodnight user

>red tearstone ring
>implying you could fight while heavily injured

Yeah, adults are exactly like children. Got it.

>I want to FUCK Rhea :DDDddd

Not that guy, and I disagree with some of his points (you DO get used to it eventually, you can get used to nearly everything) but I also want to point out some things I believe to be faulty in your argument, if you are claiming that "as long as you get a lot of retries anyone can do anything".

Physically and in theory, it is possible. But you need to take into consideration the human mind. Look around you and you'll see plenty of people giving up on something because it requires too much effort and because indulging yourself is simply easier. 80 years of average life is a lot of time despite what you may think, for all intents and purposes you have "infinite retries" to do something small scale like finish Dark Souls, or learn how to draw or play an instrument. Despite that people will still give up and choose to do something else instead, generally easier. Same thing would happen in a hypothetical DaS world with respawns," _why_ should I put that much effort into ringing the bells and beating the capra demon? It hurts and my feet are sore, I'll just hang around the firekeeper instead. "

So what I'm saying is that it's easy for any neet to say from the comfort of his seat that "I can learn to endure any pain and do anything as long as I have respawns" but that's not necessarily going to become true unless he has a change of personality. If the person in question is fit or has some skill/degree that required effort and self-discipline to achieve, I'd be more inclined to believe him.

Momentary pain can still be horrible and enough to scar you mentally so you're unwilling to go on.

How easy do you think it would be to get a cyanide capsule in a tooth organised? Even if you only use it when you can't put a knife to your heart. Anything is better than being ripped apart while still feeling.

tattoo fag here with pretty large pieces

some sessions were 5 hours long and it did NOT get better over time and the pain is as strong as always, even if it's your 5th tattoo

I never argued against that, but the end of the world is quite the powerful motivator. People go to war for lesser reasons. Don't forget that jolly cooperation is possible as well, so you're never truly alone in your struggles, as every single nook and cranny would be full of summoning signs and shitposting. Even a single mate is a massive boost to morale and motivation when you're struggling.

So what kind of pain is getting tattood? Like getting your cavities fixed?

They're like 3.5 to 4kg, but most of that is in the blade. It's not an issue of just lifting it, it's wielding it usefully.

Most anyone could wield them usefully though, it's prolonged combat where the problems rise. Shit is tiring.

same

> but the end of the world is quite the powerful motivator.
Not that much when you're an undead and the supposed end was said by a serpent.

>People go to war for lesser reasons
You call them lesser, but I call them more "base" and stronger reasons. I'd sooner believe someone who said he went to war for money/because he wants to kill/to protect his family than someone who says he went because he wants to save the world or make it a better place.

At the end of the day it takes a single person to stop the end of the world, why would it be you? is what many hollows would ask themselves.

Again it's very easy to say these things from comfort but as someone who had to do mandatory military training (east europe around 8 years ago), waking up at 4-5 AM and taking cold showers before going on a jog with weights on your back in the middle of rain will ruin your moral regardless of how many friends you have.

>At the end of the day it takes a single person to stop the end of the world, why would it be you? is what many hollows would ask themselves.
And equally many would decide it's not going to be just one of them, but they'll band together like is natural for humans, form covenants and go forth to slay monsters.

>Again it's very easy to say these things from comfort but as someone who had to do mandatory military training (east europe around 8 years ago), waking up at 4-5 AM and taking cold showers before going on a jog with weights on your back in the middle of rain will ruin your moral regardless of how many friends you have.
A single jog doesn't sound too bad. It's being innawoods without sleep, with minimal food and continuous excercise that gets to your morale. Garrison life is easy.

I think that's his point you fuckin idiot?

Then why did he not type "prolonged combat"?

I beat Bloodborne, so yeah it would be cakewalk

Why do you have trouble interpreting what people are saying without them articulating every single thing to the point of posting a wall of text that noone reads?

I understood what he was saying inline with probably everyone else who read his comment.

I dont think many people consider "wielding usefully" as 1-2 perfect swings do they you fuckin gronk cunt? It means they can swing that shit for as long as a fight lasts.

I wish I had one of those swords to chop your dick off. Id swing it gracefully as fuck for a prolonged period if you catch my drift?

More like a knife cutting

Imagine having a sunburn and a cat scratching over it

Why would I interpret things as anons aren't saying, or even implying? You can wield a sword usefully without being capable of actual prolonged combat in the manner of large battles.
You're not making a lot of sense here.

>You can wield a sword usefully without being capable of actual prolonged combat

no you can't

Yeah, you can. Just because you can't effectively fight for hours on end, doesn't mean you can't cut up a bunch of sorry fucks like the combat in Dark Souls.

INT is for bitches, faith is where it's at.

This needs to be remastered for PS4 like asap

who /crestfallen/ here?