How much gold do you have saved for the new expansion?

How much gold do you have saved for the new expansion?

>reddit memes

I've only got 1600 gold, I hope to get at least 1 good lego

none because i'm a filthy casual who wastes all his gold on packs anyway.

i buy every expansion with money. no point grinding in a casual game until it becomes un-fun.

I think statistically you needed 50 packs to guarantee a legendary?
Because of Blizzard's pity system, where if you open X packs without a lego your chance increases.

I'm a sophisticated adult myself, so I grind all day and keep my money in the bank, where inflation eats them.
Only 27 more years until I can afford a house!

I stopped playing after gods because it took almost 10 gigs on my phone

I heard it was 40

>I think statistically you needed 50 packs to guarantee a legendary?

No after 40 packs you are guarantee, it means you get it no matter what cause there is a script in the game that gives you one if you were unlucky as shit for 40 packs

Statistically it's around 1 every 21 packs or something like that

40___

I only started a few months ago and still spend gold on classic packs. I'd probably spend more on arena if the guaranteed pack went back to being a random one, instead of from the most recent set.

I'll be playing a lot more arena when the ladder floods with the new wallet decks that I don't have the dust to compete with.

Wait so arena will give gadgetzan packs?

Yeah, got Cho'Gall yesterday. Thirty nineth pack. Fuck that shit. Saved up 200G for the new expansion. I'm not very good at saving. Probs play Arena for a while when the expac comes out due to walleters. New meta will be fun.

Arena was 100 gold, right? 200 should give you three arena runs, thus 3 packs of the new expansion cards.

Always been 150 gold

chogall might be good with that create a spell card

i like how mage got a chogall with no health penalty downsides though kek

Ended up dusting him, Lock has so little good spells he's useless. Made a bunch of good ass Shaman cards. I'm ready for the cool Jade stuff for Sham

man i know jade is gonna be cancer already

oh well my druid mill will be good atleast

i don't play trashy shallow babby TCG

People are overhyping Jade. Aggro will stomp them into the ground before they can get any good golems up.

>Aggro will stomp them into the ground
HS: the sentence

He was really only good with Demonheart (which is a bad card) and Siphon Soul (which you can't sit on and wait before using).

then why did you open this thread you dumb faggot

About 5400 gold, but I'll probably only buy 40. Maybe. I don't know yet.

I'm pretty satisfied with my current collection, only missing a couple key legendaries from the Classic set at this point and everything from 2015 is going to be cycled out in four months or so.

For real. I made a fresh account and used the base set cards to climb ladder as Zoolock, Aggro pally and Face hunter. Still beat rich people's decks like that and climbed reasonably fast until the single digit ranks. With just base cards.

to laugh at blizzard drones

I jumped ship for Shadowverse. Karazan was awful and Gadgetzan looks insanely boring. Forced highlander decks and buffing the cards in your hand seem like really uninspired mechanics to me. I just hope the next Shadowverse expansion is good because even though the game is much better than HS, even that meta is getting pretty stale.

I wish there was a good client for MTG online. I tried Magic Duels but it was fucking terrible.

Pretty pathetic but whatever helps you feel better about yourself, champ.

Single digits? Lucky fuck. I'm at 13 now. Running Cthun Mage and Summoning Stone Mage. Getting stomped a lot but lots of fun wins too. HS is great.

>Forced highlander decks

These will never be the strongest decks.

There is a ton of anti-aggro cards this expansion though, I doubt it will work as well as it does now.

>I jumped from this one shallow RNG aggrofest to this other shallow RNG aggrofest

Could I get sauce on that draenei picture or is that it.

I'll buy forty packs and then wait for a month until the meta settles and net decks start emerging.
Then I will buy additional packs if needed.
So 4k gold for now.

>play minions
>give them blessing of might
>go face with everything
>use divine favor

Truesilver best card, 4 mana for 8 face damage.
Seriously, aggro paladin with basic cards can beat meta decks more than half of the time.
Only problem is the cancer shaman, since they actually run a bunch of AoE and spelldamage, and cheap taunts, and race you for face damage.

I've heard the Plants vs Zombies game has pretty high production values.

Nothing else I've really seen has come close to Hearthstone in terms of a digital client. Duelyst is alright but still lacking overall and I just can't get into it.

All minions

Onviously you've never played Shadowverse because the RNG is significantly less than in HS and there isn't a single Agro deck in the top tier. You never even see agro past silver. In fact, the cancer everyone complains about is slow control decks.

Duelyst is a terrible game with terrible developers. Stay away. Plants Vs Zombies Heroes is a shit ton of fun. In some ways more complex than Hearthstone, but also way lazier.

hmm. so fireportal combination? I don't think mage play pyroblast anymore. if only the manacost is reduced to 6.

You try SV? The UI is fucking terrible but the actual game is basically just HS but improved in every way.

I think Gwent is meant to be releasing pretty soon (it might even be out already).

Evolution is a dumb mechanic that makes control even more annoying

There are only a handful of highlander cards in the new set and they're for classes that already have at least one or two other viable archetypes.

Frankly, they probably only implemented the new highlander cards because they didn't want the archetype to completely die when Reno rotates out of Standard next spring.

>tfw you wanted to like HS and for it to be less cancerous but the game just keeps getting worse

I have about 3k gold but looking at the cards I doubt I will ever take the game seriously again.

Blizzards strategy of rotating which class is OP is full retard. This shaman meta is worse than secret paladins.

At least Shadowverse has been fun, hope it doesn't go down the same road

>obviously you have never played another card game that trying to clone HS success because it made a lot of money from microtransaction
enjoy your weaboo games.

Yeah I'll actually try the highlander decks. I hope they encourage a little more variety. Summoning Stone seems like an okay Kazakus tech.

I played Shadowverse, Duelyst, Elder Scrolls Legends and Faeria, and neither was as entertaining as Hearthstone. I don't know whats Blizzard's secret ingredient, because their games are always objectively worse than the competition, yet also much more fun.

At any rate, the worst one is Magic Duels. That client is simply terrible. So boring, plain and gives zero feedback. When a 10 attack minion hits something in Hearthstone, there is the crowd cheering, the huge impact, the particles, it feels more fun.

4300 so far.

I disagree completely. Evolution is a FANTASTIC mechanic which really adds a layer of depth to the game. I agree that it supports control play and discourages agro, but in my opinion that's a good thing. Does anyone really enjoy agro metas? I always preferred slower decks.

Could easily have more but seriosly, crafting a single legendary isn't even a day's worth of playing arena. If you have played since vanilla then grinding is very easy

SV's biggest problem is how many dead turns there are in the game if you don't draw well enough. Hero powers are a good way to address it and its the one thing I like about HS

Hearthstone has a lot more feeling to it and manages to be fun and casual whilst also competitive to a point.

i dont give a shit about how boring the ui is in duels, the fact that there isnt a single limited format is fucking garbage

Yeah, they changed the pack you get by default to always be from the most recent set after Old Gods released. Once Gadgetzan comes out, that'll be the new default. After the season ends today, you'll also have a chance to get golden Gadgetzan cards right away if you don't log in until after the set comes out.

So you're admitting you haven't played it and are just shitposting? Well then.

Also, thanks, I've had about 112 hours of fun so far.

Honestly, I think it's the smoothness and interactivity with the game and board. Basically, a lot of little things that give it a step up over competitors.

>I don't know whats Blizzard's secret ingredient...
Presentation.

>le balanced mamalbug of face damage from hand

I wish Hearthstone had a card like that, so I can make people quit the game by killing them with it.

I think evolution fixes that way better than hero powers. I don't know what deck you're running in SV but the only deck I ever have dead turns past turn 2 with is spell rune raft.

I would've sat on him. Old Gods isn't rotating out until the start of 2017, so there was always the possibility that warlock gets better spells.

With this new expansions will they give players free packs like they did with WOTOG?

Should have played during the force of nature savage roar combo then.

because fucking Dueslyst clearly in it for the money and not for making a better games.
>here's new expansion
>copy hearthstone moneytizing models
>add shitton of shit cards
Fucking pets. WTF is wrong with them. Their contents are slow and the only good thing's going for them is the pixel arts. Even the cover art is fucking retarded.

But I did. Its when I got my legend cardback ;)

fuck all, because you know in a few weeks all the cards are going to be rebalanced or just thrown in the trash.

Learning to play with vanilla cards, and spending all gold on getting ood at arena is the only way to play that doesn't involve jewing out every few months.

I only have 750 gold. I don't play too much these days.

and I have this god damn play with a friend quest for 80g

I've had it for 2 months now, saving it for when my brother gets out of prison.

I doubt it.
The free C'thun was because people got very upset at the Grand Tournament expansion..

>in a few weeks all the cards are going to be rebalanced
Yeah because Blizzard rebalances cards so often.

DESU I'm not nearly as excited for Gadgetzan as I was for WotOG, but the only class that's coming out of the expansion with nothing really to show for it is rogue.

Just about every existing archetype is going to get new tools and there's enough new stuff going on that we'll start to see a bit more variety in the decks being played.

I only play arena so I don't give a fuck.

How long until he gets out? 2 months would have almost definitely given you enough chances to get it again, at least before they introduced the new quests
also, good stuff

17-ish days.

muh nigga.

>do you have saved
Is this a new meme?

3000. I doubt I'll even get a legendary. I had 6000 for the last expansion and only got a fucking Sogoth or whatever the fuck his name is.

I don't get it. What would you call hoarding your in game money for the future?

None.
Quit for Shadowverse.

>there isn't a single Agro deck in the top tier.
Storm Haven

Sorry I stand corrected. I forgot storm haven. Still, majority are mid range, combo or control decks.

I'd actually rather go up against storm haven than say elana haven, because at least the match would be decided quickly.

What about the Rhinoroach + Path to Purgatory + Fairies spam deck?
It can be aggro, or control, or combo.

That's why I think it's the most enjoyable deck in the game. It's the most versatile. You can make up your win condition on the fly. Forest really is OP right now - they honestly just have tools for every situation and play style.

I got 2k gold and 50k amazon coins

>Seriously, aggro paladin with basic cards can beat meta decks more than half of the time.

Going face beats most people in double digit ranks, they're too busy trying to set up their awesome combo or trying to get maximum value out of their spells. Just pick mage, chuck in every single damage spell and aim it at the enemies face each turn and you'll win most games.

I used to play a lot, gold priest. Then one patch they added wild/standard and my entire mech deck couldn't be played. it took me months to get it as f2p....

You could just play it in wild you fag.

It's like playing non-season in Diablo, who would do that?

>Wah I can't use this deck
>well I could but I don't want to
>basically I just want to complain without any valid reason

Even this is wrong. Midrange is the cancer. Control Sword is the only one that can even try to exist in the current meta and that has three MASSIVELY unfavorable MUs against DShift, Seraph, and PtP. They're all 3-7 MUs at best.

Of course, this assessment depends on whether you'd consider PtP control. Definitely DShift and Seraph I would call combo (though there's admittedly a little more wiggle room in Seraph as you don't strictly need your combo to win; you can grind the game out if you so chose) but PtP is a little more up in the air. I suppose I'd consider it control but it's hard to lump it into the role in a more traditional sense.

Regardless, 2 control decks is hardly what I'd call dominating. Whereas the rest of the meta consists of the midrange tyrants of Tempo Elf, Elana and Storm Haven, and Midrange Sword.

Storm Haven is midrange. It comes online turn 4-6.

Game-ai made the (what I consider to be) extremely foolish decision to bump Seraph Haven down to tier 3 despite nothing but favorable MUs with the sole exception of DShift and an overall +60% winrate so it unfortunately doesn't make the list this time.

>not playing zoo starhorn

I quite enjoy playing priest and the new Legendary looks fun so I'm hoping I get a bunch of Priest cards, I have enough dust saved up to craft it if not.

I went ahead and preordered the 50 packs and have about 1200 gold saved.

I don't even do ranked all that often, I just find the game enjoyable, especially against friends.

Something around 5,800 gold, 27,000 dust.

Unfortunately after seeing the whole set spoiler it looks like shit and I don't even see one legendary I'm really pumped to play with.

I just need Jade Idol and I'm good.

>hinoroach + Path to Purgatory + Fairies

>skipped karazhan
>only have ~3500g for new expac

Should I buy kara and try to grind arena for the new packs or just buy a bunch of packs? I'm gonna want to play druid jade golems and reno dragon priest.

What is a good, extremely cheap gold grinding deck?

right now i have about 26700

Storm Haven is a midrange deck retards.

Yes, and zoo is control.

Jade Idol is like a C'thun deck, you need several cards to make it work.

>you need several cards to make it work
wow and I guess in other decks you just throw any shit in and it just works

About 1200ish. Hope to get over 1500 before it's released.

You can replace many cards in most decks and they'd still work.
For C'thun decks you need exactly a core of C'thun cards that say "C'thun" on them.
For a Jade Idol deck you need exactly these Jade Idol cards, of which you have none and have to buy all.

It releases in 2 days.