Capcom: Are you ready for my new graphics?

I don't mind 3D models but the new KoF's artstyle is straight up fucking ugly.

It still look shitty.

F-fuck you, SNK.

Bodega

Why the fuck did they change Alex face and hair, why Capcom insist in digging themselves

Because they run a cheap as shit operation that outsources their character model work

Alex is so fucking unbelievably uncharacteristic that his headband eye shadow is painted onto his face

he has fucking racoon stripe face paint

i got the feeling SNK did that shit on purpose with their reveal.
the game was never gonna look that shitty but they just did that just so it seemed like the final results looked good.

That would explain why I always feel hungry after looking at pictures of Alex and Ken.

Stop trying to bait them.

Wait, that's how it looks now? I haven't played since launch, when did the update come out?

Update hasn't come out yet. It will be playable at PSX. My guess is that it'll be released a short time after. They might announce DLC costumes or something for all we know since the chinese version with Classic Iori stated that the people that bought it would get monthly DLC. Currently Classic Kyo and Nightmare Geese are out for $1.99, if that is indicative then at least costumes will be decently priced if released outside China.

dont use KoF to shit post user

I think it's not the lighting or textures that make KoF14 look so bland. It's the artstyle itself. Because even with these improvements, it still looks shitty. I don't know why they would do this when KoFXIII is arguably one of the best looking 2D games of all time.

because 13 about put them out of business again

so since this is a kof thread i wanted to ask something why do people who play SF refuse to play this game even though the barrier of entry has been lessened a lot? a bunch of people are saying the game is far to easy now despite not even bothering with it in the first place

Don't listen to the shitposters on Sup Forums, those people don't know anything about fighting games.

Most people who are really into fighters play both SF and KoF. You can't just generalize SF players as a whole, that's dumb. Street Fighter has also been getting too easy. And KoF14 even has autocombos with one button but SF5 and 14 can still be challenging and rewarding games.

If a guy refuses to play KoF14 it's probably because he's a casual and doesn't care about gameplay in the first place.

Don't put all fans under an umbrella like that, man. I grew up playing Street Fighter for over twenty years now and am still faithful to the series, through highs and lows. But through all that I also discovered my all-time favorite fighting game, Capcom vs SNK 2, and since then I've been equally a fan of King of Fighters. I played a boatload of XIII and have been playing XIV since launch, and I'll gladly admit it's way better than SF5 right now.

Really all I want is Capcom vs SNK 3, and I know most people who want the same are just as open-minded about fighting games.

oh well pardon me for speaking out of turn in guess,i've been a SNK fan since i was a child due to playing fatal fury with my older brother on the snes a bunch as a kid,unfortunately im still not to good at fighting games,im pretty open minded when it comes to fighting games but general shitpost from people who just only play street fighter becomes bothersome after a while doesn't matter if it's on Sup Forums or somewhere else

They showed what they had.
Thing is, videogames are not brought out ready by magic fairy that shits glitter and videogames.
They are long processes of work build up little by little.
In interviews SNK members said that they always basically showed what they had.

So, yes, basically they knew that the game would never look like that, but it was not part of some nefarious plot to fool people, it was just them showing what they had without using bullshots like is the industry standard these days.

I seriously can't be the only one who's always thought KOF's rotoscoped art looked kind of bad.

Is it visually gorgeous, hell yeah, but half of the charm of 2D is artistic expression, and rotoscoping 3D models kills that. Characters like Chin looked fucking bad in motion, because he still looked like a 3D model.
And it was still so stupid expensive to do 2D art, even with the cost-cutting rotoscoping, that we had to get head swaps.

We'd never get somebody as animated as Yamazaki in the newer style.

Black hair was a good look for this particular Kyo design, they should have kept it.

Guarantee you the PC community will make the game look 10 times better 2 weeks after it's released on PC.

SNK isn't even trying

IIRC aside from the graphics people were bitching that he looked too emo.

Stop falseflagging you piece of shit

Because people generally play a gane for a month and drop it if it isn't enjoyable, hence the term FOTM. I don't know why people complain that SF players don't force themselves to play games they don't enjoy. MK9, P4A, and XIII all had large showings the first few weeks they released and a large chunk of those players were SF.

vasoline fighter 5 still looks bad no mater what you do to it

You need to think this as a snk's employee.

>SNK Headquarters
>Guys, we need money so we need KoFXIV now. Any ideas?
>Yes boss! I think we can make the next game using XIII as a base, adding new characters, some modes, story, reworking some mechanics, better online, etc.
>Denied. Too much work and expensive. I want to buy two new cars tomorrow.
>We can hire a bunch of hobos and use PS2 tools for graphics
>Perfect.

>sf player say game is shit
>tell all of there friends that game is shit
>those people tell more that the game is shit
>someone tells the one guy who does play the game that it's shit
>"i dont think you even know what you're talking about"
>"dude shut up and stop shilling your shit game"

i dont play kof but i wouldn't be surprised if something like this is why so many people who dont play popular games tend to be so mad at sf players when they talk about other games

That's an oil mod

You people who think that KoF XIII.5 would sell any better than XIV did are fucking delusional.

Even with all it's flaws I rather have a new game than a fucking cash grab.

everything still looks like oily rubber regardless

Why didn't Capcom just outsource SFV to SNK instead? Ono's team is shit. Worse than shit. They are an insult. SFV feels like a bad fan game. SNK is doing so much more with a fraction of the resources.

people who cry about 14 being in 3D are capcom fags who wanted sf4 to be 2D but were forced to be silent once the game ended up being successful,it doesn't matter what kof 14 ended up looking like it would have sold about the same ammount

As long as we're comparing graphics

Xrd is the best looking and most stylish Japanese fighting game of all time though. Kind of unfair to compare there.

Too bad it sucks because it's incredibly barebones.

Paranoid with no facts. There are more peopke actively hatung on SF than the ither way around. SF players have given so much free and positive advertising thriugh tournaments, streaming, popular SF centric newsites sites, forums, etc. and has gitten very little in return. Yeah there will be some peopke whi just don't like your game and happen to like SF, but that's fine since they're different games in all aspects of design. Learn to find any nuggets if truth in the criticism and report it back to SNK, so you can get a better game.

Don't be the SJW of fighting games.

Xrd also launched with a cast of three characters.

And no, that wasn't so that Arksys jews could cash on DLC.

How the hell is Xrd barebones? If anything it has mechanics bloat.

What's that a mobile game?

Naruto games look super cheap in motion. Great cel shading but those animations betray those visuals. Xrd doesn't just look like 2D, it moves like 2D.

It helps a lot better once you look at Xrd in motion. The art style and lack of frame interlpolation can fool people into thinking the characters are sprites until the supers start coming out.

KoF14 should've looked something like this. I think it would've come out really colorful while still keeping budget under control.

With that said, I think the game looks fine. It's just graphics. Not the end of the world.

The game launched with less characters than SFV, and STILL doesn't fucking have Baiken.

I never disagreed with that, if anything my post completely agrees with your statement.

new KoF is literally terrible art-wise.

I think you meant Naruto

naruto looks good but the games are boring as hell after a while and the fans of it are worse than smash fans

Sorry, I'm not really impressed by blocky models and flat, single colour textures.

Seriously, anything in Revelator that isn't a character's big anime face is jarringly low-poly, any piece of clothing shows it.

That legit looks like trash. What the fuck is wrong with the jaggies on orange guy's head.

Does it?

I disagree with you and agree with current SNK. KoF is not and never was anime, not full blown anyways. The original KoF style had a more realistic component to it thanks to Shinkiro art direction. Cel shading would not have been true to the classic KoF style they were trying to represent. Now obviously they didn't hit a grand slam that was amazing and everyone is happy with and the game looks amazing, but I would rather this than something that doesn't look like KoF. I feel like cel shading would have made it look super generic and that would fucking suck.

GG's shading was expensive and time consuming too. Plus KoF never really had a full on anime look. It's not realistic either, but some weird sort of inbetween. I don't know if cell shading it would have been the right choice. Maybe it could work with SS, the last Blade and maybe RBFF, but I have my doubts about KoF.

snk fans these days...

most snk fans generally play more than just snk games

Yes, yes it does. It's like a 48 FPS movie. It looks flimsy and bullshit and nothing has the same impact because the animation is too fluid and clashes with the 2D visuals the game is trying to have.

why can't i just get a naruto or bleach game that plays like guilty gear,it's one of the few things i want before i die

this

cel-shaded graphics wouldn't be faithful to how their spriting looked like (pretty obvious when comparing like SF sprites to KOF sprites from back in the day)

and yeah, not saying they got the visuals right already (they really didn't, but they're improving), but I'm glad they didn't just go full anime

You're not going to persuade me with fucking particle effects bro. Also, nice job cherry picking cutscene animations that don't represent the gameplay.

>release the same game, over and over
>improved a little the graphics in each game
>10 games later
>"Look, guys! nardo game X is fucking beautiful!"

2D fighters are a thing of the past and they're boring

CvS2 is really fucking jarring to me personally. A lot of people (mostly Capcom players) really love those sprites but every KoF character looks so wrong to me. Everyone looks super soft and cartoony and it makes them so fucking goofy that it weirds me out.

2D fighters are literally 90% of the fighter market worldwide.

Nobody in Japan actually plays that garbage Naruto game with the gimmicky mechanics and the shit competitive balance. For example.

i've bought most of the uns game there all pretty samey only thing they excel at is replicating the anime really well

you chose a pretty poor game to champion as not boring user

So they upgraded from PS2 to PS3 graphics...it's still a fucking PS4 exclusive and that's unacceptable...if it were cross-gen then I'd understand.

They're not rendered you fucking mongoloid.

>2D fighters are literally 90% of the fighter market worldwide.
If you say so

>Nobody in Japan actually plays that garbage Naruto game with the gimmicky mechanics and the shit competitive balance. For example.

Then why does it sell a lot more than any other fighting game?

>Sells
>This faggot actually thinks Jap players buy their fighters

lmao

Arcade numbers are the only things that matter in Japan dumbo

>SNK is doing so much more with a fraction of the resources
This. Some people still don't understant this.

It still looks better than GG.

And are you seriously talking about releasing the same game over and over? Holy fuck you're retarded

Street fighter + ultra vs super + version X

You're retared m8, Naruto games easily sell a million in PS4 alone.

Point me to the line where I said the cutscenes were prerendered.

Except Arcades are mostly dead even in Japan, devs CAPCOM, Namco, Arksys and so on have said it several times.

This is not the 90's anymore grandpa

>it is the current year

i actually appreciate that snk decided to wait a good few months before starting their big tournament,capcom bet all of there shit on one horse and it didn't turn out well

>Nip arcades closing left and right
>Namco resorting to subscription services in to of P2P
>smaller arcade devs are either dead or regulated to mobile shovelware
>"Jap arcades are booming lads"

Delusional

3D =/= 2D

>Capcom has clay
>SNK has plastic

BODY GA

>Face looks better in the upgrade
>Jacket doesn't

nice.
i like KOF 14.
it's currently my favourite fighting game.
probably until Tekken 7 comes out.

It does though, it even has new textures

Dark Souls is pretty alright at least. Give it a play if you haven't. Sure it's not Guilty but it's something.

She looks more ominous on the bottom

>Adding shadows through a patch

kek

It's not only shadows but shaders and improved textures

Most of the characters in XIV look alright in a late-PS2 early-PS3 sort of way, but Kyo looks straight up bad.

Will they fix Mai's face too?

They got Angel and Luong so right.

It looks better so far. But if the backgrounds are left untouched, it's gonna look weird. After that, they need to patch-in improved cloth and hair physics (they won't). In old SNK 2D, hair clothing rippled with some 'super' moves. In XIV, while the clothing moves, it doesn't enough; it looks static.

Most of the poster-boys look terrible in this game. Probably because it's a new engine and they were the first ones created. Netherrealm make the same mistake. Since MK9, Sub and Scorpion always have shitty animation/move lists compared to everyone else.

Will Shingo ever return?

it's casting shadows that literally didn't exist previously

it's a lot better

Kyo's and Iori's necks are freaking me out dude

They look straight out of early Guilty Gear art

That's the power of le PS4.