Anyone remember this one?

Anyone remember this one?

Too spoopy.

It's ass.

Yeah. It was pretty decent. Good voice acting for the time too.

OP here, going through it again on emulation, I think it is underrated

Very mediocre across the board. Remember picking it up cheap on a whim at some game shop 10 or so years ago. Pretty cool that it lead to the Shadow Hearts series tho.

>play this for the first time
>looks pretty alright, combat is slightly tedious but alright
>first save point is an hour and half into the game
>boot it up tomorrow
>fucking save is corrupted

fucking POPSTARTER

actually there is savepoints almost everywhere, every time you enter a room and the rooms name is displayed on scren, press O to save

Those are temporary saves.

Game's like, 10 hours long if even that.
I know for a fact you get some items if you hit a points in game before XX mark.

Yep. Bought it randomly back when it came out. Didn't like it much.

Funnily enough I bought Shadow Hearts a few years later, also randomly. Loved that game and was really fucking pleasantly surprised that the two games were related.

Yes. JRPGs in general could use some hybrids like that. Horror JRPGs, man. Think of the potential. Shame Koudelka was essentially forgotten and Shadow Hearts took over.

Which is why Parasite Eve 1 and 2 are so great.

Borderlands-style hitpoint combat can be very interesting if approached with actual design in mind, not just as purpose behind colorful bars getting depleted.

First Shadow Hearts did a decent job at it.
2 and 3rd, yeah, let's not talk about those.

I think Shadow Hearts are one of those games that could never really be made again today when you look at sheer amount of content in them, especially in SH2.

>director claims there is no Shadow Hearts 3
Good. I didn't like From the New World that much.

I liked what I played of it

shame it's so expensive

it probably has more to do with the fact ps1 was a jrpg power house so a lot of smaller jrpgs tend to fly under the radar.

Is it? I still have my copy and it's basically like new.

It's weird merging for horror and JRPG was what drew me to Koudelka, but I imagine it also put off a lot of people. I can also see how it could be clunky when played today.

nah bud it's worthless, I'll buy it off ya for $3.50

>gypsy
>waifu

shit taste.

Shame Folklore was utter garbage as soon as you looked past the setting.

It could've used more unique content because two characters revisiting the same locations was not enough.

get a rom?