Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that despite no longer being a RPG...

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that despite no longer being a RPG, being the worst Fallout and no longer having any right to be called Fallout, this game was still good and well above average?

>stellar sound design
>one of the nicest open world maps filled with hidden shit
>Piper is the greatest companion mankind has ever created
>shooting and gameplay overhaul feel extremely nice
>diamond city has a 10/10 design
>some very nice quests
>base/gun building is fun for a few hours
>looks nice
>is fun

I know there'll always be that one underaged contrarian memelord that'll use the famous "it's shit BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT REEEE" meme, but otherwise, you know this was a good game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4brBL3-_yEs&t
youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

I enjoyed it for the most part but I don't think I'll ever buy another Bethesda game.

Ambient score is the only music or thing i liked about dogsquit 4

I thought it was a fucking great time
the story was complete and utter shit but whatever

I'd say I got my money's worth, easily.

You're supposed to pirate Beth games and buy them with all DLC when they are -80%. And I'm saying that as a Todd fanboy since Daggerfall.

It's just OK. It took me months to reinstall it after my initial hour of utter disgust. I don't care about the building and collecting scrap part, but I'm sure 10 year old me would have loved it. The story is ridiculous, even for a Fallout game. It feels like it's shitty fanfiction and it's loaded with inconsistencies. Graphics/sound are pretty good.

Hi Todd!

Hi there newfriend, I too remember when I was young and spammed memes trying to fit in an anonymous imageboard :)

See ya on 9gag xD

It's fine I guess. Now take the game play from 4 and now make a game like New Vegas.

>being this mad

You need to go back.

Is it better than Farcry 3/4?

It shouldn't even be compared. Different fucking type of game. Way different, Get out of thread,

No.

Wow, that avalanche of arguments left me speechless.
Guess I hate Fallout 4 now.

Both FPS with RPG elements so yes you can compare them

Todd we have many times discussed why your game sucks ass. Look it up on the archive if you want.

>people still can't get over the fact others dislike Fallout 4

youtube.com/watch?v=4brBL3-_yEs&t

I just replayed NV instead with a new character and did some extra shit in it I didn't do in my last playthrough desu

It's literally one of the worst games of all time.
I can't think of a positive quality about it. Especially when it's coming after one of the two best games of all time (New Vegas).

How has it already been over a year since this piece of shit released? It seems like the E3 threads and that retarded book with the companions and weaponry was yesterday

that video is fucking cancer

>why are they disagreeing with my opinions?
>people shouldn't talk about things they don't like
>just be quiet if you don't like something

Im replaying it now with around 70mods but it's just an eh game. The quests are just fucking boring. I didn't even finish the main story but I'm already bored. It starts ok but then goes downhill crazy quick.

I played F3 and NV and loved it and finished each and every dlc, then just continued to modded content and had lots of fun.

I like how they made lots of small interior location you can loot, but you're basically looting scrap for settlements which you won't even touch unless you're an grade A autist. Might as well just go /tgm and build as much as you want.

>stellar sound design
It's okay. Not amazing but decent

>nicest open world maps filled with hidden shit
EH. Again, the hidden shit is very often literal whatever

>Piper
Flat out objectively wrong, kill yourself, Piper is an annoying whore

>Shooting and gameplay overhaul feel extremely nice
It feels better than FO3/NV's shooting for sure

>Diamond city
I personally found it a huge disappointment. I expected it to be more like an entire tribal-ish culture centred around baseball. Instead here, have this handful guards in baseball uniforms and a few meme-tier references to baseball.

>some very nice quests
and a large amount of shite/irrelevant fetch/clear out this area quests

>base/gun building is fun for a few hours
It's okay, but even so it feels quite half-baked

>looks nice
That it does

>is fun
so's your mom but she didn't charge me full price on release

Honestly it's better in some aspects than the previous games (mostly the visual/audio/oddly enough stability and gunplay ripped off from Destiny) but it's still a mediocre-ass Bethesda game through and through with a mod community that seems less and less interested in it every day. Even fucking Alchestbreach is running out of mods to review.

I fucking hate that guy so much

Not... really. Fallout 4 was pretty much a Farcry rip off.

Why did they think a voice-acted protagonist was necessary or even wanted,
Why did they make you go to a third person view during every single conversation.
Why did they think I would care about some shitty kid I've known for only 10 minutes.
Why would they want me to care for an ugly clone of said shitty kid that I've known for even less time and was a huge brat.
Why would they put in pipe guns when they do shit damage even when modified to the max.
Why have followers that hate every simple thing you do.

I enjoyed the loot menu overhall, power armor (sorta), Curie, and the base building, however

There were things I liked, things I didn't. Put 300ish hours on it because I forced myself to play through the different endings and one final playthrough for all of the DLC. Mostly didn't like it. It's still better than Brotherhood of Steel but that's not saying anything. The only real perks of FO4 over NV were the better gunplay and movement.

>despite these glaring, systemic flaws its a good game

sure thing IGN, its an 8/10

>Why did they make you go to a third person view during every single conversation

Are you really that much of a retard that you didn't turn off that option in the menus?

NV has infinitely more realistic and nuanced gunplay than Fallout 4.
Also Fallout 4's movement is just a meme for consolekids using joypads.

You people need to stop trying to be so high and mighty, acting neutral and above everyone else and realize that Fallout 4 being fucking trash is pretty much objective at this point.
Fallout 4 defenders are intellectually on the same level of feminists.

>Looks nice

Wrong.

should have just posted a todd, op

The voiced protag ruined it for me. If it didn't have that and more expanded dialogue (doesn't even have to be good) than just yes, yes, and no-but-yes-anyways I could have ignored all the other bullshit.

>yes, yes, and no-but-yes-anyways
I don't know if I'm more impressed or disgusted that somebody at Bethesda actually approved that to be put in the game in the first place.

>have to literally sneak into sanctuary to get some stuff because if preston sees you he gives another fucking settlement quest

Played for 2 hours. Never went back

>Can we all agree despite the game being shit in everything it does and staining the name of the series its still good?

No? Why? What for? You want more games like that?

Bait.
Every last greentext point.
Bait.

>making sanctuary your main base of operation

On any difficulty, you got for bases that cannot substain settlers, like the boston airport or the mechanist's lair.

On survival, you got for hangman's alley.

Moshi moshi, BAIT desu!

>>one of the nicest open world maps filled with hidden shit
It's literally filled with shit. You can't go half a minute without coming across some interest point, and that's fucking terrible. Good open world needs a sense of distance and space.
>Piper is the greatest companion mankind has ever created
You're not fucking serious.
>diamond city has a 10/10 design
Alright, you're not serious.
>some very nice quests
And how many shit ones are there? It'd be fucking amazing if you couldn't find even something good in game with so much quests, but ratio of good to bad is pretty horrible.
>shooting and gameplay overhaul feel extremely nice
It's kinda alright, but very hurt by most of the enemies being fucking damage sponges. And some design choices just hurt gameplay overal.
>looks nice
It looks pretty bad.

good things:
- power armors
- gunplay
- glowing sea (gave me fallout 1 feels)
bad things:
everything else

I agree with OP

F4 is actually fun as fuck

I just role played as the Silver Shroud the whole time

>mfw redditors mostly complain about the graphics and visuals not being up to par
>Mfw Bethesda is going to focus all their attention on creating a new engine for FO5 and ignore any RPG elements
JUST

So why exactly did The Institute kill everyone except for the MC's family in vault 111? They could have just let them freeze forever or set them free or take them to the Institute for muh not contaminated DNA like the baby.
Why did The Institute create synth that are like humans but doesn't want to treat them that way? If they want to treat them like machines they could have just stayed at Gen 2 couldn't they?
For what purpose was the synth Shaun created and why was he with Kellogg at some point? Just to troll the MC?
Why did Shaun set his father/mother free if he just tries to kill him/her with all the synths and Kellogg and whatever else? Muh experiment to see if you would search for me.. Literally what?

No.

The FPS mechanics are decent for an open world game and the character creation (at least in terms of physical appearance, not in terms of any true customisation) is pretty great, but other than that there's really nothing on offer.

fpbp

Fallout 4 is a terrible RPG, a weak FPS, and an annoying management sim

there's nothing to keep the player hooked

No. I'd take New Vegas' atmosphere, narrative and writing over FO4's restricted and bland setting. If Obsidian doesn't get the ball passed so we can get FO4 the way it was supposed to be done then it'd be a real fucking shame.

>Bethesda is going to focus all their attention on creating a new engine
>Bethesda creating a new engine

There is no why.

Has nobody at Bethesda even seen a fucking gun before, let alone fired one?

Huh?

I had fun with it. I guess. Has a lot of issues.

AHAHAHAHAHA
This game is so fucking shit, I've never seen big developers make a game THIS awful. It's like the entire development team have autism.

This game has fucking nothing.

They've never seen non-autistic human beings nevermind guns. They don't know how anything in the real world functions or works. They don't put thought behind anything they do.

>It's like the entire development team have autism.
If they had autism they wouldn't have fucked up everything. They dumbed everything down and made it a prime normie casual game

Friendly reminder that Bethesda actively hates the lore in its games, and probably hates you, the customer, even more.

these cucks led by todd handle fallout like a chore

Then why does everything in this game have the half-baked, awkward, nonsensical feel of Autism?
A real human being with a sane brain would think things through properly.

I bet Obsidian are laughing at Bethesda's petty attempt as they revel over the fact the majority are starting to see how superior they are in literally every aspect.

>Diamond City is the "Jewel of the Commonwealth", built up over 200 years to be a thriving hub where people can actually live and make something of themselves. Hell, they even have an actual newspaper!

>It's a bunch of shitty shacks thrown together with scrap metal that looks like it'll be blown over by a strong gust of wind
>In 200 years nobody has figured out how to make an actual permanent structure
>Hell, in 200 years nobody has bothered to fucking clean the place or remove some debris from the nearby roads - yeah, roads, you know, that infrastructure that is pretty much the most essential thing to a trade capital

I mean, everyone goes on about how Goodneighbor is meant to be the shithole and Diamond City is amazing, but at least Goodneighbor has buildings made out of actual fucking building material

I think he's referring to the fact that every gun in the game is left-handed, yet is used right-handed.

Are you literally retarded? How can you possibly not understand the point being made in that post?

I always thought autists think everything through properly where a normal human being would be inaccurate compared to the autists

like right now?

Does he just want the Todd's Todger?
What he needs to be asking is why can't he just accept people dislike 4?
Except he can't, because his whole life seems devoted to Bethesda.

No, it wasn't the worst fallout by any means. Yes, it is still a fallout game, is still an rpg (although weaker than previous games) and yes, it is decent. Toddposting cancer need not reply.

youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4

>It's literally filled with shit. You can't go half a minute without coming across some interest point, and that's fucking terrible. Good open world needs a sense of distance and space.

If it wasn't filled with shit people would complain how empty it was. I would say yes it's appropriate for a post apocalyptic setting near a major city/suburbs whether or not it's appropriate for a post-post apocalyptic setting is a different can of worms..

th-thanks Todd

But they already ignored all RPG elements in FO4

Nice meme

Far cry is fun, fallout is not.

Fallout 4 is basically the definition of artifical nu-fun.

And even glowing sea sucked because it had nothing interesting in it.

>LE QUIRKY RADIATION RELIGION!!!!

Bethesda is the worst case of wasted potential

it was good but not a fallout game and sure as hell not a proper beth RPG

I'm looking forward to the sex mods that let me turn Vault 88 into a breeding experiment

ease up on the buzzwords kiddo

I wish it was a meme

How is the lewd modding scene for FO4 anyway? Still in its really early stages?

Le Quirky ReHashed Radiation Religion.

The idea that the church of atom spread all over America from being in one crater in washington is retarded.

For all the crap people give to Skyrim, I really think it handled the world well. There were places with nothing of note in them, just forest or the big plains outside the Whiterun.
But the thing is, Skyrim can afford to do that because it has a horse you can ride, which cuts down travel time from going solely by foot. Bethesda Fallouts have no things to ride of any kind, for two reasons. Having mounts would make it too similar to Elder Scrolls, and they want to obviously differianate the two series. The reason there's no vehicles is that it goes entirely against their world design, can you imagine riding a motorbike, or god forbid, a car in one of Bethesda worlds? There's no proper roads, there's junk everywhere and almost all of the surfaces are very uneven. And this kind of post-apocalyptic world sells, so they're not going to change it any time soon.

Only on Sup Forums do people actually believe that.

You could fix up a car and use it for fast travel in Fallout 2.

None of the factions feel real. They all feel like theme park attendants, faking everything for the benefit of the customer. The world doesn't feel real. The endless fetch quests are awful. The settlement building feels like an alpha they didn't finish. It's basically pointless and doesn't help you. The main story is awful and boils down to "pick 1 faction, murder the rest". In fact the entire game is like that. There's no opportunity for roleplaying or branching, interesting decision trees. It's just murder, murder, murder. You can't get any factions to work together or alter the game world in a lasting way. You just go to instanced buildings and kill everything inside. None of the vaults whatsoever are memorable. Complete letdown compared to New Vegas's amazing vaults. The game still looks like the bombs dropped a few decades ago despite it being centuries for civilisation to rebuild. There are power armours scattered throughout the landscape that apparently no one decided to take. The Institution makes no sense at all and their entire writing is retarded. The dialogue options are non-existent.

Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

not quite a mount, but you could ride wherever in a vertibird

>Still in its really early stages?
Yeah, there are nude mods/body replacers. Don't know about simple sex animations. And a framework like Sexlab (I tink they named it Sextec) is still lightyears away. Maybe we have to wait until Bethesda stops releasing patches for FO4 so F4SE gets easier to develop because things stop to change or something like that, I don't know.

>Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.
Even that is too generous towards this shitheap of a "game".
Witcher 3 is infinitely deeper and has 4x as much content as Fallout 4.

There's a car you can drive in FO2, but I see your point. You could maybe have a car in Fallout 4 but use it for fast travel purposes in such modes like Survival Mode, but that's just my thought.

>it's been over a year since fallout 4 release
>people are still butthurt about OTHER people's opinions about the game

It's time to abandon life.

It was so bad even Bethesda didn't bother to give it proper DLCs.

But they did change it, from 3 to 4.

We used to have a world where you could hit the level cap before you'd ever finished all the side quests.

Now, the world reeks of cut content, missed opportunity, obvious and lazy radiant quests, shitty minecraft lite and every quest is murder.

Bethesda seem to think "fuck it, let the modders fix it".

Are they really deluded enough to think people will wait 8 years for the next elder scrolls?
All the good faith we had for their open world games is long long gone.

They need to drop the bullshit new properties, and give us a good TES sooner, not in like a decade.

How is FO4 an rpg in anyway? You have a set character, a set ending, skill checks are gone and most if not all choices boil down to being rude or not. You can't influence the world or the characters in it in any meaningful way.

>>looks nice

As long as you don't turn on the flashlight indoors and realize how low-res the textures for debris, trash and clutter (of which there is a ton in the post-apocalypse) really are.

>Skyrim can afford to do that because it has a horse you can ride, which cuts down travel time from going solely by foot
It's like 1.01 times as fast as walking

This.

Except for climbing mountains.

Nah, it's got more to do with the fact they have three projects in the works right now.

There actually is an "All Faiths Chapel" and it's a fucking dump. Wow, this really is, as the kids say, cuckolding.

Fallout 4 is a game designed by someone who is afraid to take risks, afraid to make meaningful choices and eager to try new things to streamline the game so a modern day low attention span retard can play it.

The head writer is a talentless hack who doesn't know shit about Fallout and Pete Hines flat out said he doesn't care about the lore, and that he hates reading long dialogue.

That being said, the gameplay and visual quality is otherwise exceptionally good for a Bethesda game. Next time they'd better get some more competent writers and fire the guy who's responsible for dumbing the game down for 'casuals'.