Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think about this game?

Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think about this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2e7bX2oVlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

objectively it's not too bad, cant be said it's excellent either.
the messy development shows here.

could be compared to mgsV, but at least that was technically more solid

6.5/10 so far

reposting my thoughts, 3 hours in

Pros:
>Music that I've heard so far is pretty decent
>Combat is tolerable. It's about on par with to original God of War
>There are some decent random jokes between the dudes
>Bombs look super cool at night time
>You get to listen to old FF music in the car

Cons:
>World is empty, and even in the rare case where you find something, it feels like that thing is worthless anyway
>The entire game is like Pulse from XIII, but worse. And Pulse wasn't even very good.
>Hunts aren't anywhere near FFXII-quality. It's just like "kill 5 normal enemies"
>Combat is easy but tedious. Random lv2 shit pops up everywhere that's effortless, and sometimes you get things that are just a battle of attrition, but not fun
>Entire game feels like they had 100 people each design 1 thing, then just put it all in the game. No 'glue' to bind all together in a smart way
>Whoever directed the cutscenes has no film experience at all. Dialogue between characters is instant with no downtime between words
>A bunch of cutscenes with no sound at all, makes it feel really weird
>I found one side quest and I got 500 gil, complete waste of time
>RIP magic

I think its fine, 7/10

Not a FF I would remotely want to 100%. I'd do the side dungeons but not all these dimpy ass side quests like giving a dude a repair kit or delivering shit. The dungeons seem like a saving grace if you find the combat enjoyable, there seems to be quite a few which for FF usually is only for optional content

This game just came out. People wouldn't objectively have the time needed to evaluate it's mechanics. Don't believe any of the reviews nor the opinions of the fuckbois in Sup Forums after some time and hard scrutiny.

I am 3 hours in and I think it is fucking amazing 10/10 for me. You basement dwelling plebs just like getting things shut down or finished. People need to go out and buy this game if you ever want the franchise to continue.

I have a feeling this game will pull a "Gold Edition" which will fix some, and just some, of the stuff giving a finger to early adopters. Good thing the last decade taught me to not give FF any credit anymore. I'll wait.

FFXV will be the worst game in the history of Final Fantasy and a wake up call for Square Enix.

After that piece of exorbital shit, they should publically apologize with deep bows, ask both JRPG and mainline Final Fantasy fans for forgiveness, promise to never ever chase after western gaming trends as well as abandon their turn-based-battle-system - which is one of the fundamental traits of any JRPG, let alone a mainline Final Fantasy game -, and most importantly, never let Nomura direct a mainline FF title ever again after the've send him to a mental hospital to cure his unhealthy obsession with leather fashion.

After that, the whole team needs to perform a ritual purification act, like a ritual washing, and take a long break.

Only then they might have a chance to start all over and save Square Enix.

Otherwise it's „Game Over“ and Final Fantasy XV will indeed be the "Final" one in the series.

Shut the fuck up you little bitch. I won't have my tortanic meme die here you hear?

>FFXV will be the worst game in the history of Final Fantasy
I don't think that's even possible after XIII.

when your pros are that the music is decent and the combat is tolerable that means its shit

i can remember songs from 8bit games, none of the songs in FF15 will ever run through my head nor will i ever have nostaligia to play it again

Just like how Mass Effect 3 left the rest of the trilogy meaningless to me thus destroying replay value i feel FF15 has retroactively ruined Final Fantasy for me barring the SNES/NES ones

Conan said it best

>why are we pushing a car through a desert? why is this a game?

It gets good 40 hours in

Can't wait to get it tomorrow, it's gonna be fantastic. I feel so sorry for all of these pathetic faggots who don't even give a shit about games, they just want each new one to fail for whatever sad reason. Must be a shitty life.

Final Fantasy XV will sell less than 2 million copies. It will be a huge disaster. Square Enix fucked up big time by chasing after western gaming industry trends.

They are done! XIII was bad, XIV was ass and XV will be the nail in the coffin for the Final Fantasy Franchise.

All they had to do is go back to what they did with Final Fantasy pre 10. But no! They had to let Nomura run free with his obsession for black leather fashion.

Final Fantasy is dead!

i felt the same way about 13

>WOW! i havent played a FF since 6! im going to have FUN tonight!
>first hour of the game
>58 minutes of cutscenes, 2 minutes of running to the next cutscene.

There was a cutscene, then i took 4 steps and another cutscene hit. For what purpose?

then the constant tutorials, there was a fucking tutorial 12 hours into the game.

Hey dawg, we heard you like cutscenes.

>why are we pushing a car through a desert? why is this a game?
Isn't every RPG autist wants as much realism as possible?

Yea, no, I don't give a single shit about final fantasy, I just wanna explore a big imaginary open world and fight some cool badass huge monsters in a way that isn't ''browse menus for 15 minutes then watch your character do this super triple spinny jump fire attack of ice'' while keeping my finges crossed hoping it won't miss. I don't really give a fuck about Sup Forums's special snowflake opinions.

I'm rpg autist, but I'd like this kind of shit to resolve through stat rolls and skill checks, not press X to push car for several minutes.

Then you should play skyrim.

Why are posting this copypasta?

FFXV is going to bomb harder than The Order 1886.

„FF XV“ started as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, a sidestory game of Final Fantasy XIII with 3rd person action combat, and probably due to the high amount of money they've already spent on the game somewhere during development, Square Enix had to change its name to "Final Fantasy XV" eventually.

Somehow, Square Enix let Nomura reign free with his vision of the game for 10 years. They should have canceled the game 7 years ago, when they realized their vision was heading into the wrong direction and started a new Final Fantasy mainline title from scratch.

By changing the name, making it open world, changing the battle system to 1 button QTE bullshit as well as changing the main hero cast to a kpop fuccboi fantasy group, Square Enix effectively threw the franchises identity away and gave all those millios of core Final Fantasy fans who just wanted them to get back to their roots and develop a worthy mainline Final Fantasy title a big middle finger.

Final Fantasy XV, this failed experiment of an open world game - some might even call it an abomination or bastardisation of the Final Fantasy Franchise - simply doesn't deserve any success!

Sqaure Enix deserves a huge failure with FFXV for completely fucking over their fanbase by fundamentally changing what a Final Fantasy mainline title is supposed to be deep down: A JRPG instead of a half-assed, badly-executed "me too" 3rd person open world game.

FUCK OFF Square Enix!

>Yea, no, I don't give a single shit about final fantasy, I just wanna explore a big imaginary open world and fight some cool badass huge monsters in a way that isn't ''browse menus for 15 minutes

hey cool! same here! but heres the thing

to know what the FUCK was going on i had to pause the game, go into the menus are READ about the world in an interactive menu book!

they had enough cutscenes to fill 3 movies but APPARENTLY they couldnt take 5 minutes to fucking explain what the fuck is going on!

>were under attack!
>me: by who?
>oh no! they are here! government forces! they are quarantining the area!
>me: why?
>The FALCIE ARE HERE!
>me: what the fuck?
>OH NO! WE ARE NOW ICY! we have to save Sarah!
>me: whose cold again? is it the girl encased in ice?

>3 hours in
>describe the cons of game like he played 50

I just want an old school type FF game again. Is that too much to ask?

I played Skyrim when it came out, why would I play it again?

And your argument is basically, ''the game is shit because I didn't understand the story''? Jesus fuck, just fucking stop trying to fit in with this shithole and enjoy things.

No joke gets worse the more you play it.

Empty shit. Monolith Software is the only company in Japan that knows how to make world not look empty. Game looks playable so far though, it's like Japanese version of Dragon Age II but worse.

yeah fuck him for being in depth

it's not like the game goes to shit after chapter 8 or anything

bet you havent even played all the old FFs

There are other jrpgs that copy old school FF games, new FF will never be like that.

Chapter 13 is the worst thing I've played all year.

They weren't lying when they said the second half of this game is garbage. It goes from mediocre to TERRIBLE.

Who are they looking at?

Dragon Age 2 is probably horribly apt.

DA2 was supposed to take time over a decade
>no actual visible changes despite huge timeskips
>all the interesting shit happens offscreen because the writers are inept

Meanwhile FF15 has a decade timeskip or something
>Noctis has just grown a shitty little numale "beard" and none of his friends have even so much as changed their pants, much less seems impressed that Noctis has shown back up after being imprisoned for 10 years
>all the interesting shit happens offscreen because the writers are inept

I've played a little over an hour and I like it. The cutscene in the beginning was absolutely beautiful, music is pretty damn good, games pretty comfy, gameplay feels a lot more dynamic and polished since the demos, characters aren't as bad as I thought, I really like their background stories. Well see, can't wait to fight the bigger bosses and what not but as of now 8.5 range feels like its right.

Well they didn't explain anything so of course it's hard to understand the story, and given the abundance of cutscenes the story is what's meant to drive you through the game.

Nope. It's called bravely default.

I kinda wanna buy XV just to see if it's as shit as people make out. I've played FF games all my life, I need the closure but I don't want to pay them for a game I'm 90% sure I'll hate.

I dropped the game when chapter 9 ended.

is that the """stealth""" section in the most drab looking corridor area of all time

>And your argument is basically, ''the game is shit because I didn't understand the story''?

YES! in the olden days before cutscenes they still managed to DROP HINTS at what the fucking story is! now with cutscenes they can FUCKING SHOW YOU THE STORY!

but FF13 decided NOT TO! despite having over 6 hours of cutscenes

its all just the characters BROODING about the story! but if you didnt navigate the menus and READ about it there you have no fucking idea

yes

It's truly bizarre how badly directed xiii is. If you read the text in the loading a save screen, it's basically the chapter script. I never saw a history so badly told.

>why would I play it again
Because mods.

This is my honest opinion as a huge FF fanboy. Walking around so far feels like a drag when I can't warp, so I can't wait to get a chocobo. Battles are oddly good once you get used to everything but can be annoyingly difficult in a mob as if it makes it impossible to dodge attacks and know the right time to attack. The game feels flimsy, like the way you play as Noctis and everything else wasn't supposed to be like some fast mix of action combat, but more floaty and Kingdom Hearts style. Especially when you're jumping it just feels unfinished. The world so far looks almost uninspired and makes me want to play Xenoblade X. I keep wondering why they changed Versus Prompto to this gay faggot wearing a skirt. Noctis is the only character I really like in the game. I don't hate the game and it's definitely not terrible but there is some problems for me. I'm hoping to like it more as I go on and unlock my abilities and weapons and costumes.

Meh. It's okay.

And that's a bad thing. It should've been great, it's fucking Final Fantasy.

>I just want an old school type FF game again

There is one. It's called FFXIV. It's honestly the closest you'll get to a "classic" FF these days.

there should have been zero reading required, i dont think ive seen as many cutscenes ever in my whole life and they explained nothing of note in them

the only cutscene that made a lick of sense was where the black guy takes jailbait to a carnival, feels sad about his son, then jailbait reveals shes the reason hes been iced and the black guy nearly kills her but shows mercy

the rest was emotional brooding

>Hope: have i told you guys how im sad yet and want to kill Snow? the guy who fell along with my mom so technically i shouldnt be angry at him?

Prompto didn't change much. He still looks like a massive faggot

That's just a WoW clone with a Final Fantasy skin over it.

>great
>Final Fantasy
>Year of our Lord, MMXVI
What year was the last time that happened?

Yeah he changed immensely. He looks nothing like that at all.

>looks like a faggot in Versus
>looks like a faggot in XV
He didn't change much at all

He looks awesome in Versus. In XV he looks like a faggot. He changed immensely.

Has anyone picked up the preorder weapon?

Wheres it at?

>any of these guys looking awesome, much less prompto
You must prefer Vaan over Balthier too

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Holy shit, who actually gets paid to design that

X > VII > Tactics > VI > IV > VS > XII > X-2 > Type-0 > XV > CC > XIIRW > CCFVII > V > IX > VIII > WoFF > III > II > I > XIII-2 > LRXIII > XIII > DoCFVII

I like Balthier more than Vaan, but I like all those characters, they all looks pretty awesome and I would much prefer them over XV's style.

>that hand on the gun
is he alright

3/10 bait, step it up.

The closer i can convey is that it felt like a bad, bad, bad anime directed by someone whose only social reference for emotional representativon is bad anime. Toryama was a mistake.

Yet to buy it.

Is the European version dual-audio?

>implying
It's more like X > VII > Tactics > VI > [Branch to 2] > V > IX > VIII > WoFF > III > II > I > XIII-2 > LRXIII > XIII > DoCFVII

2: IV > VS > XII > X-2 > Type-0 > XV > CC > XIIRW > CCFVII > IV

And it is still closer to a classic FF than anything else Squenix released in the past few years.

Jesus what kind of mutant dog is that? Why is it's face so small?

>anything XIII-related being higher than XII
>XIII being anywhere other than dead last

Opinion discarded

>in a mob as if it makes it impossible to dodge attacks
Don't you auto dodge if you keep button pressed all the time?

Yes but it doesn't do it right as you press it while you're doing an attack.

>you need film experience to make videogames

go die and stay dead

To make cutscenes in a story driven game.

It's gay as fuck and everything that is wrong with japanese games. JUST FUCKING MAKE FF9 AGAIN IS THAT SO HARD

FF IX had awful characters that you had no choice but to use though.

The game literally looks and feels like this cringe classic

youtube.com/watch?v=_2e7bX2oVlQ

That's a terrible opinion. Why would you think that?

But i don't want to play as Sasuke or boyband in 16

Let's be honest. SquareEnix should MAN UP and stop being sellout whores who chase after western gaming trends (open world, action oriented, qte's and shit).

I can only see them getting back on track by going back to their roots.

- Bring back the turn based battle system which jrpgs and final fantasy are famous for

- focus on a good, widely appealing story

- create characters that not only appeal to gay kpop fans, but have a wider appeal, while still looking japanese/anime. Like Final Fantasy 7

That's just it. 3 simple fundametal pillars that could save the final fantasy brand.

probably even go handheld only. the develpment environment isn't as harsh there as it is on consoles, and a traditional mainline final fantasy could easily sell 10+ millions there. also handheld gamers dont have a problem with turn based battles. pokemon proves that every year, as well as fire emblem. there are plenty of gamers who love this style of gameplay, so why not cater to them?

but first, FFXV needs to be crucified for the sins Square Enix has committed of course.

It's not opinion but a fact. Garnet has no personality and she's pretty bad as a unit. Quina has a fun mechanic but she has only one personality and that's it. Eiko is one of the worst characters ever, she is constantly annoying and we get her story early and no need for it repeating 1000 more times. Freya has some background but otherwise she is very forgettable. Amarant is easily the most useless and forgettable character in the game. Steiner is a bro and Vivi is best character in the game but it's just not enough, not to mention that game splits your team often and you have to use other shitty characters. Beatrrix is also cool but she isn't a party member.

>tfw wanted to play in jp voices but realised the subs still show the shitty localization with y'all n all the shit cidney says

i cant escape it

Many games that were praised for theor stories didn't have almost any cutscenes.

His point is that this game is cutscene-heavy and when you already decided to tell the story that way at least make sure you have quality cutscenes and hire people who know what they are doing. Imaginemaking a game where story is told through audio-tapes (like System Shock) and your audio producer doesn't know how to master the sound and you can barely understand what's going on or voice actors are shit.

Indeed, so don't put cutscenes in your game if they're gonna be crap.

QTE was always a trend in Japan, not west.

It's the same for almost any ff hame that I played (from 6 to 13), at least half of the main cast is a filler.

It's very mediocre, not bad but not good, like straight into the middle.

True but you don't have to use all of them.

Bump.

Strange, i had a good laugh with all them. All of then have their little momentos, some shine when together with another which is Garnet and Eiko case, their scenes with Zidane are funny.Amarant is the only one with little to no development
It's a game with heavy themes but presentes in a light hearted way, you're taking it too seriously. Each do it's job extremely well.

Neither you have to in IX. You only have 4 slots user. Almost all ff have mandatory sections.

Is combat suppost to be hard? Or even good?

>Press L1 to perma dodge everything and never get hit
>Hold square to auto combo

Wow amazing

Not taking it to seriously, but when characters have only one trait all the time, it's bad writing and those characters become bad and stale. Game is good obviously but characters are awful.

You do, game splits party a lot in FF IX.

You prefer button mashing?

I don't have a PS4, but I've watched about 35 minutes of Hassan AlHajry's playthrough and I'm loving it so far. I never take Sup Forums's collective opinions seriously.

Don't blame your bad taste and low standarts on v/

You should play Witcher 3.

Ffx is total shit. I don't get why so many people adore this game. It was so easy and boring. The ps1 ff's are king.

No, no. I blame your bitterness on you. My exceptional taste is my own doing :)

Is that the only alternative?

Yes.

I just saw the credits roll. At least the ending was sort of good.

It is indeed very comparable to MGSV. Too many resources were put into open world gameplay no one asked for, leaving what little remains of the Final fantasy story experience sparse, and riddled with more gameplay elements no one asked for, like half-arsed stealth segments and even some sort of misguided attempt at survival horror.
90% of the plot occurs off-screen, there is little to no exposition, and sub-par character development when there is any.
I feel bad for the poor junior devs who created environments like Altissia, Tenebrae, and the Empire, which are vast and intricate despite getting only half an hour of screentime, half of which is only viewable from afar, from a moving train, and not interactable in any way.

Unlike MGSV, the combat gameplay and open world gameplay don't make up for it one bit in quality. It is a collection of map markers and generic missions copied strought of the book of Assassin's Creed and Rockstar games.

Not a bad game, but not worthy of the franchise name, and definitely not worth the wait.