How do we fix Japanese video games?

How do we fix Japanese video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

beam.pro/moshini
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop playing them expecting them to pander to the west?

How are those any worse than Fallout 4, Mafia III, Watch Dogs 2 and the myriad of other failed western games?

>Stop playing them

Stopped reading there.

Because you're right.

we let them die

gotem

You don't. You just stop being ignorant about the industry and start playing the right games.

FFXV is still better than any of those

By not buying them, not pirating them, not talking about them and not caring about them.

Japs need to re-learn how to make vidya, because everything they have been doing for the past decade was horrible.

>Playing western games.

By leaving the Open World games to the people who actually have talent, meaning the West

Watch these seething weebs call every single one of these games shit

Are any of those games even out?

By actually liking them in first place.

No they're upcoming games for a reason

beam.pro/moshini

When is someone going to make a Legend of the Galactic Heroes game?

Learn to outsource and train talent young people to replace the old hack.

> talent
> westcucks
Bet you think Dragon Age is good too

By letting Western developers make them

When it's still new, fresh and relevant.

You don't

It's over, they're shit now. The only good thing to come out of japan recently was Dark souls 1.

Just let Hidetaka Miyazaki direct everything.

Don't know about RDR
Tomb Raider like shit.
MGS V clone.
Zombie shit.
Comix shit
Just shit
Zombie shit
Indie shit.

meant for

stop giving them big budgets.
Japs work best as AA studius

So how can you tell if those are good when they haven't even come out yet?

Or they work best with linear game design.

There's a good reason that Japan blows the fuck out of the west in terms of action games.
They understand pure, satisfying game mechanics better than anyone else.

Maybe we should focus on fixing western games first bud. Can you imagine if we were the only ones to make games? It would litirally all just be space shit or tolkien shit.

And i have noticed in western games, why do we love tiny tiny font everywhere? Look at old PC games and whenever you pick up an item or kill something, text appears somewhere and its tiny as fuck.

>survival crafting zombie games
>ubisoft sandbox
>cinematic bullshit
>movie tie-ins

>USA, Canada, Europe all have to gang up on Japan to compete

LMAO

bigger question is how do we fix PC Gaming?

>cinematic bullshit
>In a thread about MGS and Final Fantasy

And those suck too

No they don't, Japan can't compete anymore, haven't done so since the mid 2000s

Since when was Rare indie?

>no they don't

Yes they do. That's why they're always grouped together as "the west".

Change hobbies or maybe not brigade review scores so that game makers don't ignore criticism that they could use to make their game better for trolling? Retards.

add more anime tits

Also design wise, we seem incapable of drawing out anything lile they do. I dont think a single western dev could have produced MGS1

>why is he wearing a bandanna? Thats dumb, remove it.
>that girl he meets, its too stupid make it another man. Keep his balaclava on at all times too. Its easier.
>who is this cast of bosses? This is mot some saturday morning cartoon, remove ALL of them.
>a fighting robot? No american will buy that, just mske metal gear an underground missle silo you have to disarm. Thats more realistic.

We are so fucking dull when it comes to this sort of stuff, we could never do it.

>Games developed in the West are labled Western games
Holy fuck user I think you're on to something

This. That user is being silly. Do you think our shit we make even matters to them over there? Gta?

They probably have the same threads about us all the fucking time.

There are people who bought a PS4 for:
>Destiny
>GTA V
>Star Ocean 5
>MGS V
>FF XV
>KH3
ON THIS VERY BOARD.
IN THIS VERY THREAD.

>them
>our
>us

What part of Japan are you from m8?

Uh yes? They're usually the top selling games in their release week.

nuke em again
worked pretty well last time

>tfw I bought one for The Last Guardian
>All signs point towards it being a forgettable pos shovelware

That's not the point. People talk about "western" games instead of "American" games or "European" games or "Polish" games. The point is that all of these countries/regions, nearly 1 billion people, apparently need to all be grouped together to have their game output seem better or judged to have more impact than Japanese games. The fact that in the dichotomy of "East vs West" the "East" is literally just Japan and some Korean MMORPGs shows Japan's relevance.

>there are people who bought a PC for:
>WoW
>Overwatch
>Dota 2
>Diablo 3
>League
>indie shit
ON THIS VERY BOARD.
IN THIS VERY THREAD.

>nukes fix japan
>fukushima undoes the fix
I'm not saying I have a solid theory, but it is certainly worth investigating.

Maybe modern western designers, but we used to have some good shit. Mass Effect and KOTOR had some pretty good design ideas. System Shock and the first Bioshock also come to mind.

I agree in general, though.

I don't like this idea but I think it might work. Episodic release schedule. It breaks down these big ambitious projects into smaller, more manageable ones and gives them room for improvement if things aren't going right. I think Square Enix has realized this with the management disaster that was FFXV and they're trying it out with the FF7 remake.

Also there's the increasingly obvious fact that jap developers are simply out of touch with western markets. The only way to fix that one is to actually collaborate with western developers, as they have a much better understanding. That or start hiring westerners to help but that'll never happen because the japs are xenophobic as all hell, so they're stuck in this position where they want to sell games to the west while at the same time not have any significant interaction with it.

And are their games not our top selling games when they come out as well?

Also really? Where can i look source?

they cancelled it again

MGS1 is a really bad example for that because it's probably the most western game ever made by a japanese person. It's soul is entrenched in popular 80's+90's action movies made by the west.

How is it the "Wests" problem that nobody in the East besides Japan and Korea make games?

Don't forget, any cool font in MGS would be removed and replaced to look like pic related. A fucking word art mess.

>why bother with a fancy arty looking menu. Just put words up everywhere over the jpeg lol.

just check media create sales when a big western release is out in Japan.
CoD, GTA, Fallout etc, they're plebs just like anyone else

I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne, but was hyped for TLG to add to my purchase rationalization.
So I sympathise, Lain-chan

this was relatively easy to read on low dpi monitors back in the 90's

Keep them only on consoles, or rather only on PS, where they belong. All Jap games with Xbox and/or PC versions were terrible (XIII, The Evil Within, MGS5, DaS3), while PS Jap exclusives are consistently 10/10 masterpieces (Bloodborne, Project Diva, Yakuza, World of FF).

Prove me wrong.

Does anybody even play Japanese games anymore? All they make is outdated jrpgs, souls autism and mobile.
>No FPS
>No RTS
>No Strategy
>No Racing games
>No Simulators
>No Adventure games

It's all weebshit. Japan needs to get on with the times and start making some real games.

there are people who bought a PS for:
>Bloodborne
>Bloodborne
>Bloodborne
>Bloodborne
>Bloodborne
>Bloodborne

So just like souls and silent hill, a jap made a better westaboo game than we can. Cool. Wester anime.

Also please show me a western dev that made a face as good as this in 2003? Can you?

I have still yet to play that

this tbqh

what about nintendu version?

>buying a console for the best game of this generation

people bought nes, snes and n64 for mario don't see the problem.

I mean, again, I don't disagree, but its easy to cherry pick, user.
You seem a bit jaded on this topic. Sureley there are SOME Western games you enjoy?

>No FPS
>No RTS
>No Strategy
>No Racing games

Holy shit thank god. I don't like the games you like.

Depends what you call adventure. MGSV sent me on "an adventure" what do you mean? Skyrim tolkien shit?

Where in my post did I imply that? The point was to show that Japan can compete on its own, while apparently people (in the west) feel the need to group tens of different countries together, compare their collective output to Japan's, and then pretend it's some kind of achievement if it outmatches Japanese video game output. As a single country Japan's output is just fine, though I would admit it has declined.

>Japanese third parties
>Nintendo systems

And tekken 7 user :3

not joking i did.

This is probably the only true exclusive I have on PS4, and I really don't care. Best game I've played in years.

I dont regret it.

Japan should stop trying the Western way of programming and not being nice guys that tolerate day one patch and emotional gameplay.
They should become hell on Earth again, fire people for glitches and cut budgets for late delivery.

>MGSV sent me on "an adventure" what do you mean?

Actual adventure games, it's a genre and Japs can't do it. MGS5 is a shooter with stealth elements.

Oh yeah! Absolutley. I have...
>cod 4
>WAW
>assasins creed syndicate
>GTA's
>alien isolation
>UFC
>harry potter and the chamber of secrets

But id fucking die if we were in charge of erything, i want balance between the two and don't feel western games are or have ever been supirior to jap games. I dont truly feel the opposite is true either.

I dont expect japs to make COD4

But i dont expect west to make tekken.

I want to he able to go to both.

FF is just a lost cause. XIV is fine if you like mmos (I don't), but the series has been garbage for over a decade.

WoFF is a better JRPG experience. Persona 5 will be the JRPG people will actually care about. Maybe even DQ XI if it turns out to be good.

Like what though?

And once they were done with Mario they could play all the other great games on the system. A luxury PS4 owners don't have.

Hey fuckhead, why don't you post Western games that are actually out and you can't hide behind "you don't know that because it's not out" bullshit?

Watchdogs 2
Battlefield 1
Mafia 3
latest Asscreed
,etc

ALL FUCKING SHIT. The open world meme needs to die.

Rockstar is the exception.

Uncharted and Rise of Tomb Raider are the best games of the last few years

>Actual adventure games, it's a genre and Japs can't do it

MGS1-3 prove you wrong

and need I mention Resident Evil games and Devil May Cry?

those games sent you places

>MGSV and FFXV suck!!!!!!!!

fuck off with your shit meme garbage post

Why do you even play games? You clearly don't like them.

Does RE6 count then?

>Rockstar is the exception.

Not really. They're competent games, but having such a huge sandbox makes things feel meaningless.

RDR was such a fucking boring game as well. Why do people enjoy GTA without all the toys that make it worth playing?

Why are you so buttblasted? If you can't handle the shitposting then reddit is right up your alley.

say it

Just ignore them like I do.

I'm here to save JRPGs

Just because I like The Last of Us and Uncharted doesn't mean I'm not a fan of video games.

Days Gone will be the reason to own a Pro

You're right

>Just because I like The Last of Us and Uncharted doesn't mean I'm not a fan of video games.
Actually, it does.

The first game was god awful, though. It's like a JRPG for Dummies

You don't like games.
You don't play games.
You advertise them in a cubicle you sad worthless Indian.

They just need to learn from western games' mistake. It's like literally every Japanese games that tries to do open world falls into the same trap all western open world games do.

>Battlefield
>Open world

Your typical weaboo, ladies and gentlemen