Street Fighter V thread

>mfw r. mika's neutral game is actually tough

f2p when

Hopefully never

F2p would be the worst

It's not like it would affect anything but the lowest ranks.

it's, uh

really not very tough

You get way, way more reward off landing a clean hit in neutral than anyone else

That's true but it still brings in a bunch of little shit heads and poverty fags into the community.

Her neutral game can be pretty wacky though. Yeah, once she gets a hit but that hit can be hard to come by at times. She's forced to do a lot of stupid shit to get in at times.

Why do mika players always try to downplay how good she is? She doesn't struggle in neutral. She has several tools which easily break neutral and start her retardedly good vortex. Admit it, she's a cheap character.

>You get way, way more reward off landing a clean hit in neutral than anyone else

What, she has harder than average time of doing that. The only normal she can get that consistently off of is clap, and that's relatively short, high profile, -2 on block and -5000 on block if you fuck up the hitstop OS.

Compared to Karin, Ken, Cammy, Chun, even Laura, and so on, she has issues converting hits at neutral into meaningful damage.

She does, however, have the best oki in the game and the tightest most consistent setups in the game, which makes up for her low immediate reward from neutral.

She's not gonna make your life bar explode from neutral, but you'll get knocked down and mixed up.
R Mika is definitely top 3 under Chun & Ryu, and she has struggles in neutral that other characters don't. Having the best vortex is what keeps her up there, but her neutral itself is very low immediate reward, with her consistent reward being opportunity for setups.

st.mp EX butt is really really easy and good confirm from neutral into oki

OP here, I'm not a mika main, I've just been playing her a bit recently and her neutral game is probably the most awkward I've come across.

What are her for good tools for getting in? Slide? Drop kick? Cr. Fierce?

A good player knows how to deal with all of those.

lol is it though? fuck that up and you're going to eat damage because ex peach is very punishable.

Top 3 though? I feel like there are a few characters I'd put above mika. Necalli for sure and maybe even Cammy.

I hate Mika but she really does have ass neutral. You're really just an idiot if you think otherwise.

How are you gonna fuck that up though, you have such a long time to hitconfirm it, it's not like it's confirming ken cr.mk xx dp

EX butt lets you mix up between quickrise and backrise, just mix between those and mika will have to either hard read your getup to get an optimal mixup, react to your getup for a less good mixup, or do a negative-on-block-if-you-quick-rise normal to cover both tech options.

It also requires meter, whereas other characters don't need meter to convert neutral into a knockdown or at least some more damage than a single normal.

Necalli doesn't have any extreme strengths, he's just a jack of all trades with some stubby normals and turtly-then-explosive neutral.

Cammy is definitely a contender for third but the fact that Mika's got corner carry combos from Irish Whip, legit left-right mixups with V Trigger and legit 50/50s and consistent resets/OSable throw knockdown oki, and arguably the best offensive frame data in the game means that she can both press advantage and make comebacks harder than other characters

I agree that it's probably not an insanely difficult thing to pull off as far as confirms go but it's still an easier said than done situation.

>Necalli doesn't have any extreme strengths

Damage, fast as fuck buttons, amazing CC buttons, meterless reversal, set-ups off throws, more tools than anybody else in the entire game while still having 1000 health.

His 'completeness' puts him above her in a lot of ways, in my eyes, but yeah those stubby normals hurt a lot.

If it didn't feel like such a struggle getting in with her she's be an easy top 3 for me.

Necalli has a huge flaw that I don't see many people abusing, in that he literally can't get a legit tick throw on you after you block one light from him. He has to walk forward into throw, meaning you can abare with 5F mediums if you expect tick command grab.

To be honest, the only matchup I feel like it's a "struggle" getting in is Ryu & Cammy. Everything else is fine.

Mika vs Ryu being slight disadvantage, mitigatable if you bully him with s.MK instead of trying to get in, like you do vs Ken but Ryu has faster walk speed.

Mika vs Cammy makes me legit want to kill myself though, that matchup is fucking terrible. Mika literally can't do anything in neutral to have any sort of consistent advantage since Cammy has button advantage in footsies, godlike anti-airs to put a stop to jump-in and j.2MP shenanigans, AND she has three different fully invul DP timings (You ever play against a Cammy that did delay HK DP on their own wakeup, to fuck up OS block? It's disgusting.).

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. There are actually very few Necalli's out there unfortunately so I don't play him often.

What about Guile, Nash and Chun? Those seem like a pain in the ass for Mika. I was playing a Nash earlier this morning in casuals and it felt pretty rough at times. Ultimately patience prevailed but it still felt a bit rough.

I have barely any Mika vs Guile experience so I can't say much there.

Mika vs Nash is challenging but not unfair, especially since if nash want's to nash dash your shit you've got claps to fuck him up. Nash also has fucking terrible reversal options and 4f normal so you bully the fuck out of him, and the resets mean you can make perfect meaties to prevent mashed V-Trigger. Nash also has a lot of high recovery normals, meaning V-Reversal shits on him and gives you a lot of opportunities to start shit.

Mika vs Chun, both of them have unique normals with hopkicks/low profiles, so Mika can play very footsie heavy and guessy neutral vs Chun and win out on post-hit reward into mixups. I haven't felt limited in the Chun matchup, and TK legs just gets headbutted on reaction.

You see, the thing with Cammy is that she wants to play the same range as Mika, so you don't have to work as hard to get in on her because she's going to let you in to close-mid range. That and the fact she has the lowest health in the game make her not that bad of a MU for Mika compared to a fair few other characters.

>tfw no chunner in mika's costume

get on it capcom

Cammy doesn't want nor have to play the same range as Mika. Cammy can always play outside of Mika's range not just because of normal length, but walk speed. Walk speed combined with excellent whiff punish->knockdown and walking around->reaction anti-air really means mika can't do shit about Cammy getting life advantage and turtling her to death while

That's honestly a style of Cammy I don't see enough of, slowly and meticulously taking space on the screen like a terran tank push and having the confidence to counterpoke your opponent walking forward and anti-air them jumping forward. With that defensive, controlling play style in mind, instead of le 8f rushdown maymay playstyle. Cammy shits on Mika in that matchup.

I say this as a Mika main and Cammy sub, I've played both sides of the matchup, it's garbage for Mika.

Getting let into close-mid is more than a lot of characters ever give mika, this is a MU advantage in itself. Anybody can AA Mika's dumb as shit jump, why are you jumping at Cammy to begin with? She's not throwing fireballs at you or potentially throwing out moves with a lot of recovery, she's not stopping you from getting into a range where you can attempt to whiff punish. If she's walking away from you then walk her into the corner.

Getting hit in neutral isn't the end of the world, that is essentially what Mika is, you're willing to play neutral at a disadvantage because when you win it you get a bigger pay-off. The character who has no far or mid-range game with the lowest health and stun in the game is certainly not one of Mika's worst MUs

That'd be neat.
I'd love to see gender bender costumes as well.

>Why are you jumping in on Cammy to begin with?

Because jumping in on someone is a big threat that punishes normals on read, and Mika rewards making those type of gambles.

You also are ignoring the fact that Cammy doesn't actually have to get into close-mid if she doesn't want to. You do not have to be in threat range in order to be winning the matchup - being at mid which is outside of mika's threat range, then being able to quickly go into close-mid faster than mika can, immediately makes the matchup pace dictated by Cammy.

>R. Mika in Urien's costume

cont.

Walking cammy into the corner is whatever since cammy has multiple side swap options - V skill, V reversal, divekick that lets her alter air trajectory to get hits, shit, cammy can even react to jump-ins with qcf HK if she really wants to, to get the sideswap instead of damage.

>MvC4 announced when Capcom can't even finish SFV
Sad.

Jumping is a risk, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage for making a read you don't have to make, that isn't the MUs fault.

Please explain to me how Cammy can keep Mika out of close-mid. What can Cammy do that prevents Mika from entering that range? I mean shit, Cammy herself even wants to be at that range.

vskill is reactable., Her vreversal is one of the worst in the game, saved from being the worst only by the fact it can corner someone, even then you're playing Mika my man, she's the queen of tick throws, she's probably the best character in the game for blowing up vreversals. Her divekick is good but it doesn't get her out of the corner, Mika also has one of the most reliable AAs in the game, it's almost birdie tier. And FINALLY you need to stop jumping. You don't need to jump, you really really don't need to jump in this match-up.

>mfw she won't ever return again because Capcom made her annoying to play against so now everyone hates her

She was the perfect mix of tomboy and genki girl too, although her English VA is literally Naruto.

How is SFV unfinished?

...do you just mean you absolutely NEED arcade mode, you're not satisfied with the two story modes you already have and the other single player mode you have, or the ability to play against CPUs at your leisure, you NEED the game mode where you can see a 30-second intro, then play 10 matches in a row, then see another 30-second video that isn't canon and conflicts with everybody else's ending?

why?

all it takes is one balance patch to make her not as good and then we're fine. People only remember the most recent iteration of the game, nobody is harboring bad thoughts about vanilla Sagat or Super Honda anymore.

But it happened to my girl Elena and I'm so sad. She just wanted to be top-tier, is that so wrong? you monsters.

It gives me something pointless to do while waiting for online matchmaking.

Infrastructure and Online
>No GGPO fuck you Japs
>Ranked matchmaking takes too long
>Rollback netcode isn't properly implemented. There are often lag spikes and needless rollback that aren't present in other fighting games tested.
>Loading into online match takes too long
>Finishing an online match takes too long, it should jump straight to training afterwards without loadings
>The lag isn't displayed in numbers like Xrd does
>You can't filter lobbies after region
>You can't set unique comment for lobbies
>You can't set unique invite ID for lobbies
>You can't text or voice chat in lobbies
>Only king of the hill in lobbies, room-based structure with queue is superior
>Not enough customization and personalization like Tekken
>CFN is shit
>No tutorial online mode

Graphics
>Models are inconsistent. Ken looks like a banana. Ibuki looks like a Turk. Alex looks like Mcdonald's fries
>Awkward win and loading poses
>Ugly and few stages. Want to improve them? Pay Capcom more FM
>Ugly low-poly background characters that run at 30 fps. Looks worse than just static backgrounds
>Some hit stun effects are too flashy, making almost for a blinding effect
>Very few costumes in-game. You must pay $4 per new costume.

Single Player
>Story mode was unfulfilling. No proper closure. Loose plot ends. Plot holes everywhere. Bad writing. Forced fights.
>Lacking of many modes standard in fighting games
>Survival Mode is the worst mode in human history and downright sadistic

All this on top of a gameplay that is barebones and often sterile where every match more or less plays the same. Normals feel like shit on block. Winning is unrewarding. Losing is frustrating. A round can end in 10 seconds for making two wrong guesses. Game built to reward brain-dead button mashing. No sense of improving because there isn't much to improve...

>he literally can't get a legit tick throw on you after you block one light from him
I believe he can still frametrap you for days, especially if your character lacks 3 frame light.

>Cammy herself even wants to be at that range.

Cammy does not HAVE to go into that range, don't make me repeat this again. If Cammy has life advantage, superior movement and superior buttons means that you get to FORCE Mika to approach and read your buttons.

Mika FORCED to approach
+
Superior walk speed
+
Superior buttons that confirm from range into oki
=
Matchup BAD in footsies

>vskill is reactable

If you don't know how to properly use reactable options, then you need to seriously reconsider how you use them.

Have you never tried to do mix up between hakumen 6B and throw in BB before? If you rely on low/6B and low/throw, you get reaction blocked/teched. If you mix up between low/6B/throw, they will be too busy focusing on throw teching OR blocking high, and will lose to the other one they're expecting.

>You need to stop jumping

That's a problem - you literally CAN'T jump in this matchup compared to other matchups. Cammy controls the ground, and can't be forced to

*and can't be forced to think hard about anti-airing because DP and b.MP work stupidly well together.

Cammy also isn't forced to consider poking Mika super often in fear of her closing in, because Cammy can run away very well against Mika.

sounds like a complete game that has flaws, rather than an incomplete game to me.

>lack of many modes standard etc
like fucking what, the pointless archaic arcade mode? You don't need that. Nobody needs that. Casuals WANT it because they're stupid, but that's all.

One can only hope. Granted, she's always been popular in Japan at least, so maybe she'll stick around as a side character, especially now that she's Zangief's pupil.
At least I can take comfort in the knowledge that canonically, she's strong enough to take one of Balrog's punches to the face without so much as flinching.
As far as the 'trainee' younger characters go, she's really fucking strong now.

Keep yell how stupid casuals are and how useless they are and you'll see SF sliding into obscurity leaving no budget for future games. Capcom fucked up big time with SFV. They casualized the gameplay for that casual audience yet they didn't bother including the content so they stayed. They butchered the gameplay to sell to casuals and even that failed. This entire game is a failure.

Honestly Ken players are way more annoying to fight than Mika online.
>EX air tatsu literally impossible to anti air, even trades with dp
>full screen heavy tatsu into dp memes
>wakeup dp xx v-trigger combos do like 35% meterless damage

Ken and Mika are literally the same character

>Cammy does not HAVE to go into that range

No, she doesn't. Nobody has to be anywhere against Mika unless Mika knocks them down. What I am saying that you aren't understanding is that both characters want to be at this range. Cammy wants to be at close-mid because that is her second most effective range and her most effective range for fighting Mika. Mika wants to be at this range because it's one step closer to being at an advantage at close range. Cammy achieves virtually nothing at mid or far ranges other than making impatient players do something dumb like keep dashing or jumping at her for free punishes. If Cammy has the lifelead there is still nothing stopping you from just walking forward into that range, because she cannot stop you from doing so.

I am not saying Mika is at an advantage in neutral, she is not. Her buttons are ass and Cammy's buttons are great. Same with walkspeed. You're missing the idea of the character you play, which I already told you, her neutral is gutted because the reward for winning with it is far greater.

To think that Chun or Ryu or Nash are better MUs is absolutely absurd.

Your little bit about vskill has little bearing on the conversation, the conversation was about using vskill to get out of the corner. If you're not looking for it when you've got a cammy cornered than that's your problem.

>That's a problem - you literally CAN'T jump in this matchup compared to other matchups. Cammy controls the ground, and can't be forced to

Who are these magical characters that you can supposedly just jump at? You're getting AAd by the player, not just the character, stop jumping.

>the conversation was about using vskill to get out of the corner

you can also use it when you're not already cornered to swap sides and regain screen space.

why do you seriously not understand the idea of turtling and running away, but also not just holding [4] until you hit the corner then deciding you need to get out of the corner?

playing a push-and-pull style of runaway is better where you fake aggression with the intention of stalling neutral, making your opponent run away for you, as well as taking offensive action to keep the opponent from sleeping.

Because Cammy is not a "turtling" character, she does not have the turtling tools of many other characters that are actually bad MUs for Mika.

If Cammy is running away from you there is nothing stopping you from walking her into the corner. You're getting flustered by gimmicks that have reliable answers, answers that you'll be able to utilize when you get better at the game. You're also getting flustered by the pace your opponent is setting, I can only imagine from the ideas in your posts that you just don't know how to play against people who have more patience than you do.

The argument is devolving because each time you address less and less of the points I make because you know they can't be refuted, so you just pick one or two you believe you can swing your way, it aint the case my man.

What's the hardest you've ever shimmied

>wakeup dp xx v-trigger
Just stay away and don't even try to meaty when they have v-trigger?

You just block slightly outside of throw range, DP xx v-trigger is -5

a good player may know how to deal with them, but unless you beat them 100% of the time it doesnt fucking matter because once is all she needs

>cammy is not a turtling character

well, I know my opinion wouldn't be the norm, but damn look at her fucking moveset, she can turtle like a fucking god.

Remember, I say this as a mika main and cammy sub. I play cammy in that hyper defensive playstyle, because I see that strength in her moveset

>The argument is devolving because each time you address less and less of the points I make because you know they can't be refuted

Actually, 1000 character limit, and i like to actually give detailed responses instead of a large amount of absolutist oversimplifications like the garbage you keep throwing my way.

The fact you think that Cammy cannot turtle shows that you seriously have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not getting flustered by gimmicks, because I'm not -using- gimmicks to win Cammy vs Mika.

I'm using stable, consistent footsies and turtling backed by the ability to be offensive whenever I want to take complete control of Cammy vs Mika. 1000charlimitreached

That's what I do.
It's still retarded because the increase in potential damage for Ken heavily screws the risk-reward of a wakeup dp (which is annoying enough to get hit by on its own).

Well this is going nowhere. What's your CFN? If you don't want to disclose that because the epic Sup Forums boogeymen are somehow magically going to fuck you over from knowing your CFN at the very least disclose what level of play you're at. What rank are you and how much do you play ranked, do you go to locals, do you play in tournaments? I'm trying to get an idea of what kind of person I'm dealing with here.

I don't even play sf5 anymore, if you don't want to incorporate my non-caveman opinions then that's your loss. I legitimately don't have anything to prove to you, since my focus is on other fighting games. However, you seem to be getting bootyblasted and really want to prove that your shitty, oversimplistic, caveman opinion is INFALLIBLE, so if me not giving you shit pisses you off then haha fuck you, stay free

Just do yourself a favour kid and get some nuance in your opinions, and don't just write shit off as "oh this character definitely always wants to play this way" otherwise you'll run into dumb bullshit like thinking cammy is optimally a rushdown character, when she isn't, she's a turtle character who is able to spacially pressure and rush down when needed.

Oh, so you're arguing about a game you don't even play. I don't understand why you're hurling insults my way, I haven't done anything to provoke such other than present a different way of looking at the MU.

If you actually listened to what people had to say instead of thinking the point of an argument is to win or lose you might actually get better at fighting games.

It doesn't really matter to me, at the end of the day you've gotten mad as fuck for some reason and I haven't.

ITS TIME

>play some Cammy with my Mika in casual
>they invite me to a battle lounge
>ft10
>okay whatever
>lose 4-10
>add them on steam, say GGs and ask for a set with my main
>they refuse and start talking shit
>block me

Not wanting to play another set is one thing but someone gloating over beating not even a sub character of mine is beyond annoying.

Ingrid will make SFV great again

Here's a list of stupid dumb moron bullshit you flung my way

>The argument is devolving because each time you address less and less of the points I make because you know they can't be refuted

Assuming your arguments are perfectly airtight, arrogant bullshit.

>And FINALLY you need to stop jumping.

Assuming I was over-relying on jump, when what I was actually saying is that Mika is actively locked out of jumping due to Cammy's strong anti-airs.

I don't mention this because I'm a caveman that jumps forward, I mentioned it for why it makes Cammy's footsies even stronger, which flies over your head because you have demonstrated that you don't know how to think about fighting games with any degree of nuance.

>Because Cammy is not a "turtling" character

Fast walk speed and great whiff punishes that turn into oki somehow doesn't mean the character can turtle well. You really have no idea how to think about fighting games.

what is the key ingrediant to pull off shimmies effectively?
character with high walk speed?

What are the chances the next update adds d-input support to the PC version

its because you played mika, it gets people really salty.

whenever i used mika in ranked there is literally a 95% chance that if i win the other player will dq.

Post CFN.

I'm not even good with her. I wasn't even going to pick her for the ft10 but there was no character select enabled.

Oh well, at least I can just assume the faggot was afraid to play my Guile. I destroy Cammy with Guile.

Kill yourself. Even if I posted my CFN, you'd just look at my matches with your caveman black and white analysis skills and make up asinine evaluations to fuel your ego.

Soon

-Relaunch as Super Street Fighter V.
-Free update to original owners.
-New customers get the season 1 characters in SSFV.
-Announce all season 2 characters.

-New UI, new shop UI.
-Arcade Mode with lots of hidden secrets, difficulties, and rewards.
-Give more anti-aliasing options and options for better graphics.
-Add Director's Cut option that brings back all the censored content.
-Ranked matches give more fight money, casual gives less, weekends double the fight money.
-Quicker transitions between game modes, load screens, menus, etc.
-Returning to training mode shouldn't have a load screen.
-Whoever disconnects gets the loss.
-Remove platform filtering.
-Remove input delay. Remove teleporting in online matches.
-Show country flag in Battle Lounge search results.
-Filtering options for all game modes.
-Improve netcode. Improve speed and stability of server.

-Make Laura's Karate Gi outfit her default and official design from now on. Remove her braids.
-Add alternate victory animations for character's that have hats, masks, sunglasses, etc.
-Redesign Ken's ugly face during character select. Improve hair.
-Redesign Ibuki's ugly smile on the win screen.
-Fix Zangief's fucked up beard on the win screen.
-Remove Rashid's high tech gear, give him new personality, new shoes, and new voice acting.

-Juri's charge mechanic is removed. LK charge fast fire ball, LK instant slow fireball.
-Ibuki can attack from parachute. Ibuki now has EX Kunai reload.
-Zangief red form takes no grey health from normal projectiles.
-Lower Ken V-Trigger damage. Air-Tatsu should not have invincible frames.
-Remove jab anti-air.

What's the point of arcade mode in the game that had no arcade release?

Thats a great list.

All capcom will do though is MORE COSTUMES.

They will milk this until it dies.

When will they fucking release SFV on the Arcades? Just let Sony profit with the Arcade machines.

I thought I heard something about them releasing it in arcades. A lot of people are still playing SFIV in Japan because of the no SFV arcade release.

It is releasing in arcades

Learn the frame data

man, that's cool to hear

thanks ono and sony

>mfw Mika is the second cheesiest character in the game behind Chun Li

sluts

>everyone keeps saying that Maximillian Dood is annoying
>check his video

>his voice sounds pretty good, but I won't click his reaction videos
He should just do tutorials and talk about news, to be honest

Max seems like he's a genuinely nice guy. People hate him because he's popular and his videos can sometimes be pretty click baitish. I personally don't care for his videos.

he is annoying

just watch whenever he streams and racking in the donations

>ghodere

When will you stop posting this retarded shit?

>She doesn't struggle in neutral
she absolutely does. most online scrubs are too shit to actually deal with it properly but she does, the better part of her buttons have absolutely shit hurtbox/hitboxes and speed. All but one of her hardbottons (not counting a charged roundhouse) are minus and border on unsafe. the only time she can actually play on even ground with most of the cast is when she's threatenig with nadeshiko and the fact that she gets that once a round when half her life is gone does NOT make up for it

you got it backwards, his reactions are funny, and he's actually somewhat funny when he plays.

his egotistical rants about how he predicted things are fucking annoying.

whats wrong with it?

That shit is irrelevant because she invalidates the neutral, all her tools put her in positions to be dominant
>roll
>drop kick
>armor ex peach
>cross up from the air
>angle changing belly flop that fucks anti airs
>command grabs
>top tier v reversal
This shit adds up to make a character that just ignores the neutral and focus solely on getting one hit into a knockdown

A good player knows how to shut down all of those options.

Its posted every fucking thread and what occasional good ideas that are there are quickly forgotten due to all the dumb shit in there
Not to mention the random personal things that apparently trigger your autism like:
>Make Laura's Karate Gi outfit her default and official design from now on. Remove her braids.
>Remove Rashid's high tech gear, give him new personality, new shoes, and new voice acting.
Why the fuck would they redesign their characters to suit you personally?

Sure, thats why Mika's are never in top 8 at big tournaments, right? Because all the good players shut them down so easily

>Why the fuck would they redesign their characters to suit you personally?
characters are often redesigned for the next iteration of a fighting game series, so im not sure why youre acting like its never been done. rashid is a piece of shit character that everyone knows is muslim pandering, he should be redesigned to not be a piece of shit. and everyone knows laura's karate gi looks amazing and way better than her default. it should be her default because it would make her an iconic character in the sf series forever if they did.

it's been a while since Mika made top 8 by herself, same with any of the grapplers, really.

When has a SF character undergone a redesign mid generation?

To be fair that would have chipped under any circumstance, he was dead the second he blocked the run up step kick and how are you supposed to avoid blocking that

Establishing your opponent to not mash buttons while on the defense

so basically it's not a viable technique till you fight, like, platinum players

>adding a big heal to a resource that replenishes quickly as you get hit
13/10 game design

when has an SF game had crossplay or a base game that is forever updated?

Marn just made top 8 at FV cup last fucking month

So any grand change in overall design means that any character you dislike needs to go back to the drawing board?

no, it means they have the ability to go back and change a piece of shit that everyone knows is a pandering piece of shit. and they should.