Can I get into this game if I have never played Final Fantasy before?

Can I get into this game if I have never played Final Fantasy before?
I love long games and JRPGs, so it should work, right?

don't start a series at the fifteenth entry, you won't be able to follow the plot at all.

Nice bait. Here's your (You).

You know people won't fucking bother to play through FIFTEEN games just to understand the plot right?

They are like 5-10 minutes tops each, hell i completed Final Fantasy 13 whilst my burrito was in the microwave

Final Fantasy XV will sell less than 2 million copies. It will be a huge disaster. Square Enix fucked up big time by chasing after western gaming industry trends.

They are done! XIII was bad, XIV was ass and XV will be the nail in the coffin for the Final Fantasy Franchise.

All they had to do is go back to what they did with Final Fantasy pre 10. But no! They had to let Nomura run free with his obsession for black leather fashion.

Final Fantasy is dead!

Gtfo with your mindless shit posting.

There are autismos so mad that this game is selling well and I fucking love it. Feed me more spurg!

No, you need to play all the others including the spin offs. And you have to watch the movies too.

>falling for pasta

Does anyone know ehere to pick up the preorder weapon?

The masamune?

Its not long at all and barely any rpg mechanics outside of levels.

>tfw you did this to prepare for 15 even knowing they would have nothing to do with each other
>tfw no regrets

Yes, as soon as you start the game one of the first things you see is..

"A Final Fantasy for fans and newcomers alike"

wondering the same

Is this bait? Each installment is completely different. None of them connect, they are all their own story and completely new from the next.

I thought i was the only one that did it.
though i haven't finished 12.

So SE is retarded? why would they give them numbers instead of just subt itles?

Good to see SE marketing department is just as retarded as their game designers.

This game is literally a 10/10 if you aren't a nostalgiafag FF cancer fan because atleast you will not cry about your archaic shitty combat system going to the trash finally.

Honestly you'll probably ONLY enjoy it if it's your first FF.

See: MGSVBabbies

>why would they give them numbers instead of just subt itles?

I don't know, but then again who cares besides autists like you?

MGSV was my first metal gear and I didn't like it
I liked Ground Zeroes because the gameplay is great but hated TPP

Well congrats, you have actual taste. You should try the others if you haven't. It's a night and day difference.

I played the ones everyone played

>X,XII,XIII,VII,VIII,VI

And i can say XV has the best battle system of them all.

>make a big fuss about the car
>the car is next to useless

HOW IS THIS ALLOWED GODDAMMIT

A battle system alone does not an RPG make.

Also, I played the demo and the battle "system" consists of holding down the attack button until you need to hold down the "I'm invincible now" button. Complete shit. If you're going to do action combat then fucking do action combat and go the DMC / Bayonetta route. None of this half-assed "oh we want mainstream people to just be able to experience the story (lol btw) without worrying about having to learn the game" shit.

Fucking have good action combat or don't have action combat.

> then fucking do action combat and go the DMC / Bayonetta route.
Worst meme

Also I don't get why you're upset about difficulty in FF games when all of them are really easy.

>the battle "system" consists of holding down the attack button until you need to hold down the "I'm invincible now" button
This is also something that's just plain simplification everything - you can make the exact same claim about DMC / Bayonetta combat

But this game has shitty combat too.

It's in your gear as a greatsword

>the battle "system" consists of holding down the attack button until you need to hold down the "I'm invincible now" button.
an auto-battle command where you just do basic attacks over and over, and a defend command, are both features found in nearly every final fantasy

Except people don't try to hold up the battle system as the sole redeeming feature of the past FF games like they do with this one. That's what I meant when I said

>A battle system alone does not an RPG make.

>Except people don't try to hold up the battle system as the sole redeeming feature of the past FF games
What is FFX-2?

I like the game overall, just hate the ridiculous "don't skip any fucking text or you'll miss out on completion%" bullshit.

Also VIII to an extent.

Nobody takes those people seriously. Everyone knows X-2 and VIII are shit.

>Everyone knows X-2 and VIII are shit.
That is your opinion. I don't like VIII but I still acknowledge it as my own opinion.

NO OWN OPINIONS ALLOWED ON Sup Forums