Trying to find a new game to sink a lot of time into during this sale. Currently deciding between:

Trying to find a new game to sink a lot of time into during this sale. Currently deciding between:

>Dragon's Dogma
>Fallout 4
>Witcher trilogy
>Elder Scrolls Online

I'm looking for something with decent replayability or customization - anything I can attribute the word "build" to - with RPG elements.

Anything on this list fun? Am I missing any other titles that should be on this list? I need help deciding what to buy.

post more xboxhueg shit

Dragon's Dogma is the only good one there.

There's really no hard "builds" in Dragon's Dogma, since all vocations have fixed skills you learn as you level them up. You can select the passive skills you have, including the passives from all vocations you've learned, but that's about it.
Of course there's also passive stat growth min-maxing, but that hardly can be called a build.

TW2 and 3 basically have three distinct talent trees: combat, signs and alchemy. Without going into much detail, those are very much like Vanilla WoW talent trees.
TW1 has a bunch of talent trees. One for each basic attribute like Strength, Stamina etc. The magical signs and sword style also get a talent tree of their own.

On another note: Dragon's Dogma's open world is pretty empty and there's not really much to do.

witcher trilogy is the obvious choice here

this

>Fallout 4
No
>Witcher trilogy
Builds don't really exist in this, you can't max any of the skill trees in Witcher 2 or 3 but the combat doesn't shift itself so heavily that its a new build. Ability B might do new shit if you spec for it, or potions and bombs work better, but it won't change the gameplay much
>TESO
No clue
>Dogma
There are 3 basic classes, 3 advanced, and 3 hybrids. There is some semblance of having builds because of the variety, but for instance a Ranger can't do Warrior shit.

I guess Dogma

Dragon's Dogma for gameplay and character building

Witcher for story and world building.

>Anything on this list fun?
Dragon's Dogma is a collection of really ambitious mechanics incredibly poorly cobbled together and set in a perfectly generic and dull world. Whenever you enjoy it or not depends on your tolerance to bullshit and whenever you can appreciate good particular individual elements even when they are not well incorporated into an organic product.

Fallout 4 is a Bethesda game: dull, shallow collection of meaningless distractions that require you to entirely and perfectly turn your brain off as you engage them, otherwise it will start annoying the everliving fuck out of you.

The Witcher Trilogy is three dramatically different games, every single one of which combines some remarkably wonderful elements some really undeniable and fundamental flaws: all there of them held together by obvious passion for fantasy fiction and generally really good narrative elements: including world-building, art direction, music, etc. Of all the games on that list, TW series shows most passion and forms most ambitious and functional product, but it still does require quite heavy tolerance for bullshit, especially mechanics-wise.

TESO is shit and not even remotely worth spending any money on.

Well fuck, sounds like all my options are mediocre. What else is there? I haven't paid attention to new releases since like 2010.

Dd is absolute hot garbage on a level where i cant wrap my head around why it was released at all and imo its seriously immoral to charge money fot it, literally like 5% of a videogame they had lying around copy and pasted a few times. Could have been the best game ever made tho

Get DD and all three Witchers, other games are pure shit.

ESO has lots of customization and replayability. It's definitely a case where you WON'T be a stealth archer every game. You WILL stick to your class. However weapon, armor type (the usual 3), what non-combat skills (smithing, woodworking, etc) etc are up to you.

It's lots of fun. Really good quests and characters. You'll definitely want to play all 3 alliances. new updates have made it a bit easier unfortunately but I don't think it really impacts you that much. By easier I mean
>originally if you pick a race, it determined your class
>you wouldn't go to new areas before reachign the proper level unless you wanted to die horribly. Now the monsters will scale to you.
Ask whatever you want.

Fallout 4 is okay, but I disliked it overall
Witcher trilogy locks you into BASICALLY one type of play but with things you can tweak (use ranged stuff, use bombs or tonics, etc). GREAT story and characters.

I'd say do both ESO and Witcher. Very different games though.

Witcherfag pls, the world in DD is anything but boring or dull. The only issue is that it has very little world building, if they had thrown some way to get flavor either from some Bestiary NPC or books or something it would be amazing. I am convinced that people who rag on DD's story and characters are ADHD autists who never talk to NPCs.

>Is the setting as fleshed out as the Witcher?

Of course not, but that's a game made from a long standing series of books vs a new ip that got fucked over in development.

Neither Witcher or DD are mediocre, they are just not perfect. Both are really fun depending on what you want

ESO is pretty neat, have been playing it with some guys from Sup Forums for the last 3 weeks. It is atleast a lot better than when it was first released.

OP, just listen to me. I won't give you hot garbage.

Fallout 4 is the only weak one. Playable and you might enjoy it for a while but it's really has some serious weaknesses.

The other games are totally fine but very different. I see no reason not to get them all. Witcher 1 is the only one that pops into my head as a possible weaknesses in terms of graphic and gameplay. But it is SO good in every other respect I have to let it pass as a good game.

Fuck, is there a Sup Forums guild? I played with some uber nice British fags who basically gave me free materials that got me to 50 in every crafting skill and let me make armor sets for my characters.

OP, the obvious answer is New Vegas

>I am convinced that people who rag on DD's story and characters are ADHD autists who never talk to NPCs.
Actually, people who rag on DD's settings are precisely those people who not only do talk to the characters, but also actually pay attention too. The world is shit, the world-building is shit, the story is shit. There is no fucking question about it. It's literally a collection of the most generic fantasy tropes poorly thrown together and played with a laughably straight face. It's just not compelling fiction. I understand that people love the game for other reasons: the ambitious combat and movement mechanics, the scope of it, actual attempts at innovation through shit like the pawn systems: none of it works very well, but at least it's fresh and experimental and I entirely understand why people appreciate it. In a way it's an anti-thesis of The Witcher games, which while being a really compelling works of fiction, are mechanically as dull and safe and uninventive as possible.

But pretending like the actual fiction of DD is worth anything is stupid and pointless. Why would you be dishonest about the game? And excuses don't really matter that much. Either the game produces compelling fiction or not, that is all that matters.

I love this image so much.

Anyway, on topic.
Dogma is great, well worth playing.
Witcher 1 is great but has the worst combat of any game I've ever seen. Literally mobile tier.
Witcher 2 is great.
I haven't played Witcher 3 much yet, but I've heard it's fantastic and I've enjoyed what ive done. As long as it's as good as Witcher 2 it's well worth playing.
Fallout 4 is shit. I pirated it and played like ten hours. Generic, boring, terrible characters. Play it only if you're in love in fallout yet don't mind a steamy shit being taken on your memories. I did enjoy the Walden reference, though. That was fun.
TESO is a stripped down Skyrim with multiplayer. Like fallout 4, I only recommend if you're a big fan. If you want an MMO, there's plenty of better options. If you haven't beat morrow oblivion and Skyrim yet, play those before this.

W3>W2>DD>W1>TESO>F4

What ever you say autismo

Not OP, but I don't want to start a thread for this.
I want to get into The Witcher series. Do they have continuity, or I can skip games?
How long are 1 and 2?

There is continuity, although the plot of every game is more or less self sufficient. But you will be missing A LOT of characters backgrounds and other minor events if you don't play the first two. In fact you will still be missing quite a lot of things by not being familiar with the books, but I guess this can't be helped.
Just play the first two games, they are just as good as the third one. Don't think of it as a chore, you'll like them.

>Do they have continuity
Yes, but to be honest the continuity goes all the way back to the books. The series was never really particularly easy on complete newcomers, but it's also not brutal either. The stories of each individual game are largely self-contained, but the settings and characters persist between them and each next entry spends a little less time re-introducing them. If you jump right into say the second or even the third, you might be easily overwhelmed with the number of characters and places and political background it routinely throws at you, but then again, so do many other games that are not even part of any series and again: the individual plotlines are self-contained.

As for lenght: TW1 is pretty damn long, partially because it's poorly paced and requires a LOT of faffing about: I'd say about 50 hours or so if you don't rush it.

TW2 is relatively short for an RPG. You can complete it in some 20 hours or so, although the branching story is primarily designed for two separate playthroughs.

This

You can import saves but it's not that relevant.
Witcher 2 is arguably the best and a good starting point. Witcher 1 has aged poorly and the combat is awful. You don't really need to play either of them before playing 3.

>Books
I didn't know about this. Being a huge nerd faggot, I'll get the games on sale, read the book(s?) and then come back to the games. Thanks anons!

Don't forget to read the original version in Polish.

Just Cause 3 is pretty awesome

>I didn't know about this.
Seriously, you did not know it's based on a series of books (two short story collections and a pentalogy)? Well, I guess I may be just so damn used to the books being incredibly popular where I live that they still eclipse the games in notoriety.

That said, the books have not been treated all that favorable in English speaking word. The translations aren't very good and as far as I know they aren't complete yet either. In entirety of Eastern Europe as well as Germany, France and Spain, they were pretty succesfull and popular. Spain in particular for some reason.

This picture ius confusing me
If there was an atmosphere on that planet then wouldn't the whole picture be a fiery cataclysm right about now
If there isn't then how come there's grass and a cat
Or are the planets not crashing into each other at all

>The Witcher games, which while being a really compelling works of fiction

lol. just like karpyshen is an amazing writer amirite
L M A O
M
A
O

Are you all right there buddy? Having a little stroke or something, aren't you?

I don't know man, it's just a random wallpaper.

Dogma is alright but boring as fuck honestly, the redeeming points are the gameplay but everything else is just shit and you have to force yourself to get through garbage to have any fun. If you want good gameplay with little story just play dark souls instead.

Fallout 4 is alright, not a great RPG game at all, a fun game but not good for RPG reasons.

Witcher 1-3 is okay, desu I'd skip witcher 1 as it's dated and the story isn't important, witcher 2 catches you up on it anyway. Witcher 3 is not great for RPG either as a lot of choices are limited and you'll pretty much do what the game wants you to do anyway but does it in a bit more of a better fashion. Similar to FO4 really they just hide it better.

ESO, never played it

You might be better off with something like dragon age or a cRPG like wasteland or divinity original sin. Maybe even fable, fable 1 has some fun RPG choices but isn't as deep as other games, a little more lighthearted I guess

Getting slow there gramps. That was almost 40 seconds to respond

I've seen gay orgies with less fagottry than this post

Is that the best you have there, kid? Time to respond. That is what you are trying to use to be annoying. Seriously, at least put some effort into your shitposting.

I could use your shit taste and blind devotion to a mediocre series, but post time works just as well.

I bet you'll read this even though it's marked spoiler you doublenigger

You must be really experienced in gay orgies.

Grim Dawn