youtube.com/watch?v=hbOlU1yehU0
youtube.com/watch?v=iq52vjTFMtM
youtube.com/watch?v=PllQmeSEpNw&list=PL796D037942A63B11&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=xkP7RpSkKCM&list=PL796D037942A63B11&index=29
youtube.com/watch?v=9ykiK88vi00&index=30&list=PL796D037942A63B11
youtube.com/watch?v=XnvqcSKho5w&list=PL796D037942A63B11&index=32
youtube.com/watch?v=-CZVUQI2QKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They already said they are working on it (and 2 other games)

maybe we will get something during PSX

I hope to god there's a PC release.

it's been shit since silent line anyway

I hope it gets a nice CGI trailer like V.

God
Silent Line is a truly beautiful game

One of the last great cyberpunk games and certainly the highest tier of mecha gaming. Mecha kino

But 4 and FA what was AC was meant to be all along, and fantastic games

Armored Core series always had a longstanding tradition of not showing characters faces, even for important figures within the game. (Prove me wrong, please)

As a fan of the series, I know its kind of a taboo thing to suggest they start showing / making human characters, but I think it would be a good experiment. All the games seemed really cold and unemotional in a way unless you are a hardcore fan of the series.

They could spin off the series or do a reboot, and make it more engaging by showing human emotions. They can go full moe anime, they can have serious 3d models, or go in between for a nice mix, it would be interesting.

I always thought it was made on purpose because the robots are the focus.
It's just the style of the series.
As much as I would love AC waifus, I think they would lose something important in the process, honestly.

AC1 nearly had character though, there were some old sketches.

How mad would you be if they reboot the games and call it Armored Souls to drive up sales?

Miyazaki has all but said it's happening

>the dark souls of titanfall

There's Border Break, and another Online Mech team vs team (+AI team members) game that had customizable waifus, can't remember the name right now.

They are doing reasonably well, but aside from that, i know that making moe girl characters would detract from the awesome mechs that you should be focusing on, but that's why I suggested the artstyle being halfway serious so that people new to the series won't be put off how "for otakus" the game seem to be. Having no human character at all seems like a pretty serious minus to me.

Even IF the characters were serious looking, that wouldn't stop the fans from making the few girls really cute and waifu material in their drawings.

It's just my wish.

>still no console or PC Border Break

After around 7 years of souls games, they're probably loving the opportunity to distance themselves from grimdark for a while.

I wouldn't mind unless they look like Dark Soul characters, but they really should only have characters if the game play justify it

I want to run around my AC hangar and talk to my operators and shit

PSX

>Wipeout, AC7 and AC6 in a single conference

Can such a wonderful thing really happens

>character customization so you can have a custom PC while you customize your AC
>garage becomes a base you can physically explore
>NPCs you buy and sell parts from or talk bantz to
>You can actually stand next to your mech in its full fucking scale glory

Would blow the shit out of Star Citizen.

>AC7 and AC6
you might want to work on those acronyms

It'd probably be at TGS because AC isn't really worldwide appeal shit.

Never, fag. Enjoy the next 10 years of Souls games under different names.

I actually don't

Blame economics of videogames. If steam somehow allows sale of software which you pay $2 each time you play instead of $60 upfront, many many games from arcades would have been ported over by now.

I know it encourages stuff like artificially making the grind longer by lengthening the time it takes to get stuff or have shiny trinket updates that are just cosmetic, but it means that the development of the game can continue without "welp, first day sales profits are now gone, now we can't make anything" happening.

Sadly, it means it could be doubling or even tripling the development costs of the game, so much so that it eats away at the money that should have been spent on making the mech parts better.

What about Assassin's Creed?

As far as I know, Ace Combat and Armored Core fans overlap a bit, so we know which is which.

>wanting to see the pilot

First step to becoming waifu shit.

>If steam somehow allows sale of software which you pay $2 each time you play instead of $60 upfront

It could perfectly work as a F2P game.
I heard BB is a great but kinda jew game already, even in arcade it makes most of it's money with ingame items, not the initial credit coins

Isn't that what spiral knights does?

Sadly you're already several steps into homosexuality.

waifu shit sells, user

>Sadly, it means it could be doubling or even tripling the development costs of the game, so much so that it eats away at the money that should have been spent on making the mech parts better.

Yeah. All in all I don't really want them to try it if it comes at the expense of something else. Hearing radio chatter from other pilots in missions/during duels would be enough "character" for me. And we've seen that before.

That doesn't mean everything needs to be waifu shit.

>If characters appears, it's waifushit

No seriously, stop being so insecure.
Protips: some peoples are waifuing or husbandoing a lot of characters with their voices alone. Slapping some good looking art on them isn't gonna change shit but your pathetic pretentious ego.

That said I fundamentally agree, some things don't need characters at all.

Pretty sure he's associating waifu shit with anime art styles that would clash with the series' cyberpunk tone. But we aren't advocating that.

Nigga, when they added the new emblem editor for VD, 90% of that shit was waifus.

Armored Core got along just fine for several generations without character portraits, no need to break that now

Just have good gameplay and keep delivering the good music, and its all good.

Thinker.mp3

Unfortunately, it would mean re-working the entire game and balance, trying to figure out how much the "paying audience" should have in terms of advantage over the "free to play" audience, making 2 groups of audience who either love or hate your shits vehemently.

Usually both groups hate you constantly.

Yes, games that aim for the realistic and serious tones usually don't have too many characters like the Ace Combat series. You're not playing to date or befriend characters who have a chance to actually die.

But god damn it, armored core series is just a few steps away from being boring as Farming Simulator 2016, I want some actual characters and stories that I could follow and care about.

Make it a goddamn gundam series or something

>Just have good gameplay and keep delivering the good music, and its all good.

Kind of hope it's more electronic, like the PS2 titles. Not that the newer soundtracks are bad, but I'm not really sure what to call it.

Yeah but literally one of the biggest representative of cyberpunk is GITS, an anime and the even it's original art never clashed with the tone.

I know what he meant though but there's no way From is gonna go for Neptunia tier shit art style if they decide to do this for AC.

If anything it shows what kind of characters the fanbase like.
But you can find that in Forza and even Battlefield too.

I actually like the newer sountracks, they have lots of flavor.

>If anything it shows what kind of characters the fanbase like.

Read the manga.

>But god damn it, armored core series is just a few steps away from being boring as Farming Simulator 2016, I want some actual characters and stories that I could follow and care about.

Read the manga.

>Namco Sound Team wasn't featured in any ACVD tracks
>no Namco Sound Team Armored Core remixes

>Read the manga.
Fort Tower Song? I read it already, I liked it but it felt kind of generic.

The music for the series is now more "orchestral" and "ambience" music rather than music that have personality and funky beat to them, which is often what expanding the market audience of the game to be more wide does.

>dat nexus main menu theme

Its asking the impossible, but it could be cool if you could have a different OST from a more unique artist to have for the game other than the default orchestral / ambience one.

I'd love to hear some ear worm music that you have to listen for hours or hear bad engrish j-rock song playing as I enter the final battle.

>The music for the series is now more "orchestral" and "ambience"

youtube.com/watch?v=5t8XsjJkACY

riiiiight

>dat nexus main menu theme

I loved it on both disks.

youtube.com/watch?v=hbOlU1yehU0
youtube.com/watch?v=iq52vjTFMtM

>the guy who did Evergrace's music is part of FreQuency, the guys who do the newer AC music
>you can clearly hear his eclectic influence in the newer AC songs
>mfw you making up shit about it being mass market or whatever

The thing is I like the older music too so I dont see the big deal.

>more "orchestral" and "ambience" music rather than music that have personality and funky beat to them

Hmm?
youtube.com/watch?v=PllQmeSEpNw&list=PL796D037942A63B11&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=xkP7RpSkKCM&list=PL796D037942A63B11&index=29
youtube.com/watch?v=9ykiK88vi00&index=30&list=PL796D037942A63B11
youtube.com/watch?v=XnvqcSKho5w&list=PL796D037942A63B11&index=32

>Why Dont You Come Down
>Mech Dinosaur

my d00d

Tower City Blade? Thanks for letting me know, but I've frankly never seen this thing mentioned or being talked about even in /acg/, and that does say something. I will have a read however, even though there aren't many chapters released.
Hey wow, that's a pretty cool track, thanks.
Sorry if I sounded rude for saying that it seems generic and ambient, but I do want more of this kind of music for all of the game and not just specific battle or map.

I know Kota Hoshino is in on it, and it's suitably crazy. Recent soundtracks also have the jap gibberish we're familiar with. Frequency seems to use a lot of distorted instrumentation whereas I prefer more melodic electronic synths, but the truth is you'll find both in new and old AC soundtracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=-CZVUQI2QKk

Man the Repise and Sunrise albums are so fucking good.

I wonder if Miyazaki's third planned "weird" game has anything to do with robots

Cookie and Cream sequel.

Say it with me

NEVER EVER

Oh man, I can't wait for more huge framedrops.

>ACV on PS3

Literally 10 fps

I've never played the 4 series yet, it's the only ones I'm missing but I'm not sure if I should bother on PS3 (and dubbed)

user don't ;__;