6 Years later

6 Years later

I think we can agree this guy was totally right

Not really, the invasion of comic books worked, look at Sup Forumsmblr nowadays. Video games not so much and it might have even backfired.

/x/ is still shit

nah m8

That seems just a bit too accurate to be genuine.

>macros
I haven't heard that in so long.

>Sup Forums used to unironically use U MAD BRO

This isn't my 2006 Sup Forums

Almost 3 years later

I think we can agree these guys were totally right

>niggers

FUCK OFFF ?POL? $CHAN ISN"T A RACIST SITE

Not hard to predict that future when at that point in time moot was actually threatening to delete the fucking board if it couldn't stay on topic.

>PC putting their own console and portable variants
I.... What?

Not really
Phone games took all the casuals
Unfortunately "real" games are now trash too for different reasons

>here comes the most grim part of my prediction
>video gaming will be overrun by people who don't play video games

he was right. developers even cater to them too.

if only we listened

What part of that post makes you think it was serious? That it was all in capital letters?

>developers even cater to them too.
But developers don't cater to Sup Forums

I'm telling you, man. One day we'll have a computer that isn't stuck to your desk. You'll actually be able to take it with you. Call me crazy, but it WILL happen.

Thanks doc

Sup Forums as whole was still using FAIL macros as recently as 2012. Then everyone decided to become all ironic and meta and ruined this place.

Most of this shit was applicable to 2010, except for steam machines and, very arguably, rabid feminists taking over. I do not understand what he meant with PS3 being on top, when it already had better games than xbox

nigger

>very arguably, rabid feminists taking over
This. That movement really took off around 2013 or so based on my personal experience with those types. I'm sure it was building before then, however.

It was, but they weren't really about video games and #NERD CULTURE

This will always makes me smile

He didn't predict phoneposters

It seems dead now, you no longer see them bashing every soggy knee game anymore.

>XXX
Forgot that was a thing.

Thankfully people are starting to ignore them once again instead of giving them the time of day.

Not even a Sup Forumsnigger, nigger.

Desu, I think it might have something to do with the elections. They must have been too preoccupied with defaming trump and shilling shillary. Again, I'm no Sup Forumslack, but that seems like the only reason they didn't crusade against vidya and other inconsequential things as hard this past year.

What actually happened? I don't follow Nintendo and their shit so I don't know the numbers.

>$CHAN

Why do I find this so damn funny?

The Wii U was a flop.

What about MK8?

>"might have backfired"
>gamergate literally spawned the alt right and got trump elected

praise kek

This desu

>gamergate did this
>not breitbart and the niggertier memes Sup Forums keeps spewing

/v was always shit, that cuck didn't predict anything, he just pointed out the obvious that it would get worse.

Jesus fuck. 2010 was so long ago. What the actual fuck happened.

>12/12/10
>warning against pony faggotry

Had no idea that cancer was so old. Believe it or not bronyism is alive and well over on knowyourmeme. I was sure it's be dead by the end of 2013 at the latest.

>didn't predict the DLC and premium pass rampage that multiplies most game prices by 1.5 or 2.
trash prediction

You sure showed me, newfaggot.
Go back to r/the_donald with your facebook memes and unfunny posts.

Honestly, I think Sup Forums is better now than it was in 2010/11.
I could rarely get a thread going about a smaller game series like SMT going without it getting derailed with dub and hipster spam.

Sup Forums actually discussed games after the ironic shitposting blight. A blight which eventually moved to /vg/
God, threads could go to shit really fast between shitposts and ironic shitposts shitflinging each other.

Because PS3 HAD NO GAEMZ! People were buying PS3 as a cheap blu-ray disc player.

while the WiiU sold like 13m units, MK8 sold about 7 millions

I don't have any source other than >vgchartz, so take it with a grain of salt

why didn't you Pokemon GO to the polls, CTRcuck?

>trump saves videogame industry just by existing
What a man!

k

i have way more images to reply to you with faggot

how does it feel to lose the culture war

>fuck off with your memes
>posts meme

why are you so stupid user

>Then everyone decided to become all ironic and meta

This is something that's quite weird to me. Pretty much every major site on the Internet these days uses "post-ironic" memes.

Irony is the lowest form of wit, make of that what you will.

>alt-right NEET autists have the capacity to shitpost all day and create misleading image macros in an attempt to mislead normies into believing their meme ideology
>actual hardworking americans only have enough time in their day to browse facebook for an hour or two before they go to work, just long enough to observe the "news" they've been given about the latest feminist boogeyman/conspiracy theory

He was absolutely right

I'm surprised that the obsession with MLP has gone down as much as it has. Back in 2011/2012, that shit was literally all over the Internet. I thought that the Internet was stuck like that forever.

wew lad

>macros

boy I forgot macros were just macros and not 'memes'
everything is a fucking 'meme' nowadays no matter if it's the laziest, unfunniest shit

yet CTR still lost

how?

hmm gives ur noggin a joggin ! !

>ironic shitposting blight.

You mean the time back when everyone posted like "LE EPIC MAYMAY XDD LE UPVOTED"?

Is that the "YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE!" guy?

DID YOU JUST MISGENDER XHE?

WHERE DID TIME GO

>Literally the last 3 lines of the post were pure console war "PC, Xbox and Wii are garbage, Playstation is best"
He was wrong and is still wrong.