I'm about to purchase KF2 while it's on sale against my better judgement

I'm about to purchase KF2 while it's on sale against my better judgement.

Is the playerbase at least alive? Is it any good? It doesn't look as good to me as the first Killing Floor, but unless it's absolutely dreadful compared to the first i'm going to get the second for co-op with friends.

I don't give a shit about what the devs have done or what they haven't done or what they're like. I just want to know if the game is good.

it doesnt have the same cheesy grindhouse feel as the first game but it delivers at being a fun action game, making multiple zeds explode especially in zed time never fails to put a smile on my face

Alright. That seems about what I was feeling so I can believe you. Bought.

It's good. I've never played with publics, so I dunno. I put almost 1K hours to original, and I consider KF2 an upgrade in almost every single way. It's tad more mobile and faster paced experience than #1.

Your funeral, buddy.

hope you enjoyed Mann-Conomy, because they put in there.

Most negative people say about it has to do with some shit in the EULA that doesn't matter and never will.
Like said it's just a different atmosphere, but a great fun action game. I've played 200 hours of KF and 100 hours of KF2 and at this point I can easily say KF2 is much more fun now.

>giving shit about literal skins
Still don't know why you plebs make such a big fuzz about this crap. It's not like there wasn't a mountain of that shit in #1 in form of traditional DLC.

Oh. It's just skins? I don't care. I never got into that hat shit with TF2 either.

>Is the playerbase at least alive?
Definitely. Never had trouble finding a server.

Yeah and you also earn free skins from just playing the game.

It's a solid game in its own right, I find it's not worth comparing it to the first game because they play vastly different.
I just talk shit about it because I'm mad it's not a reskinned KF1

It's definitely worth the $20 on PC, however I heard on consoles it's selling as a full-priced game which it just doesn't have enough content for.

Initially I played it for like 10-15 hours and since then I come back occassionally for a game or two. Currently 40 hours played

Yup. You also get equippable clothing pieces from random drops occasionally. I've not paid for any of my shit so far.

Also protip: if you want some of that old british chatter back, play as the brits!

The playerbase is mostly reddit tier tripwire dick suckers, even $20 might not be worth it.

Tripwire is an awful dev that WILL disappoint you at every turn though!

(Survivalist, slow release of content , broken promises, batshit insane balance decisions, disregard for the community, no wall crawlers, no linux version, terrible character writing, boring characters in general, no music updates, really bad hans boss fight, i could go on really)

>They didn't deliver on the martial artist
Fucking damnit, it was the one class that I was actually interested in. Love using fists, kicks and grapples in games that traditionally require weaponry.

Would've made me buy the game for sure

COLLAPSING IN ON YOURSELF

>Most negative people say about it has to do with some shit in the EULA that doesn't matter and never will.
>Devs added microtransactions in a EA game
>Switched between "It's normal to have bugs, it's an EA" and "The game was finished when we released it, we're just doing contents updates FOR FREE" depending on the day
>Outrageously late by any standards
>Added PvP no one asked for and scrapped the final perk in favor of a shitty jack-of-all-trade perk, scrapped the third boss too
>Lied about offering refunds to people who bought the game in EA regardless of playtime

Played 90 hours and refunded it when it officially came out two weeks ago.

Why should I care if I never knew about any of that? The game has been fun for me the entire time.

Who cares about cosmetic microtransactions? I've had fun for 300 hours without buying a single key.
By the way, guess what? KF1 had them too. Except for that your post is full of shit.

Agree about the PVP mode being something no one asked for.

Hello Tripshill.

How many are playing KF2 right now?

>"Anybody praising a game I don't like is a shill"
Go fuck yourself.

I will admit, the Microtransaction bullshit was retarded when they put it in, in fucking Early Access no less, before actual content.
But after a thousand patches and release, it's definitely find now.

kys kid kys

fine*

>itt: casual new players who don't know why everyone was upset with kf2 blindly defend kf2 and disregard it because "they don't care"

You're already set on a course of self-destruction. Don't be an asshole and try to mitigate blame on this.

Really fun game, the devs are going to keep working on it for the next year even with the EA finished

It's all right. I'm glad they got their shit together and made Support/Demo finally fun to use. Too bad they turned Firebug and SS into shit but who plays those anyway

SS is pretty good if you got a good trash killer in your team

you forgot to add
>royally fucked the commando role with the swat and the survivalist role
> the survivalist also fucked the berseker role

and even with that i still enjoy the game.
maybe a way to fix the commando would be giving him types of ammo like explosive rounds and incediary rounds but in small numbers so you have to use your regular ammo for the average zed and your special ammo for the others at least it would make the commando role more interesting