Don't worry guys, an actually good Final Fantasy is coming out next year

Don't worry guys, an actually good Final Fantasy is coming out next year.

Other urls found in this thread:

virtuosgames.com/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't think the FF7 remake is releasing so soon or that it's going to be as good as the original

Hands down the worst game in the series.

Are you nutz? IX remaster was already released this year.

i think i developed a gag reflex everytime i see Vaan, pretty much the embodiment of why the game fails.

I love it when OP makes a funny.

Final Fantasy XV came out today though.

Weird how some people hate this game but some people really love it.

As somebody who was expecting the usual edgy teen dramas of the previous few games, I couldn't really get into this one at the time. I'm quite looking forward to trying it again actually.

Also it looks better than a lot of modern games which is weird, how did they do that?

>how did they do that?

Direction.

>having pleb opinions

IZJS is excellent. Is this getting a PC release as well?

Isn't the Zodiac Job System version of FFXII debatably worse than the original game?

lmao who the fuck told you that. The fast forward button alone already makes it ten times better than the original.

It takes out the character customization by just giving everyone classes, it's the exact opposite of what the FFX extended sphere grid did.

I think you'll find thats captain basch von ronsenberg of dalmasca

>final fantasy
>good

You can only choose one

I've never heard anyone say that.

No vita no care.

>preorder this last month
>puzzlingly get a dispatch notification yesterday
>FFXV arrives in the post just now
I didn't like the demos of XV all that much, so I wasn't going to buy it, but I've been tricked into possessing it anyway, albeit cheaper than RRP.

I think the original FF XII was literally the perfect RPG for me,the way you were able to build anyone the way you want and not limited by a role that you are force to play as like previous FF games except 3,6,and somewhat 4.Not to mention the ATB was vastly improve on,to hell with random battles,I like to see my enemies on the field.

Will this be on PC?

>no pc release

Am I autistic for not being able to get into FF12 due to the fact that anybody can be any job? How am I supposed to know if Fran should be a mage or Vaan a warrior? Just tell me what job they should be

Just pick what looks cool.

just like X/X-2 didnt get a PC release right?

I did and got totally raped against the first judge boss fight

Why is it so hard for Japanese devs to not make faggot MCs that pretty much only 12 year olds can tolerate? Vaan, Lightning, Tidus, and the gay boyband who's names I don't even know are all people I want nothing to do with and pretty much make me want to mute the game.

Play the original,anyone could be anything

>Neo-pcucks
>dont know what emulation is

I swear if its not on steam you tards act like it doesnt exist

Have someone focus on healing
Have the other two focus on dealing with adds then go after the boss

>I think the original FF XII was literally the perfect RPG for me,the way you were able to build anyone the way you want and not limited by a role that you are force to play
muh nigga

Culture differences really. That's what they like and think is cool. I used to only like games with pretty boy MCs until I was like 14 and grew out of that edgy anime phase. Vaan isn't really that bad he's just kind of there

>Vaan
>MC

The MC's Ashe and then Balthier. Everyone else are side characters who take turns in the spotlight.

reread his post, user.

This. The game was excellent. The world was large and detailed. The characters and story, while never the most memorable thing, were all solid. Monster design was cool. Environment were awe inspiring. Many battles were very challenging.

But fucking Balthier:
>try to give everyone a unique class based on their character and personality
>Balthier is supposed to be the tricky pirate guy
>all the Technik skills suck or don't work

im not even going to lie, a new-pc-non-emulating-tard is exactly what I am, having said that it sounds like the zodiac age has some relevant and desirable changes

That's precisely why I couldn't get into it. Interested in the zodiac version because I want my characters locked into one class. I don't know why, I loved 5 with all of the class customization

Not to mention Balthier's shooting animation is the longest, making him the worst shooter.

IZJS makes magic and technicks a lot more useful. BM/RMs are like your hardest hitters for a long time.

Too bad about the animation issues with Balthier's gun and Fran's bow though.

I like FFXII and all, but that image is gay as fuck.

I hope they add a 12.5 to the story like with X, I mean its not like you can fuck up 12's borring story.

>chink company that fucked up X
I'm scared. Hold me Sup Forums.

This.

Minagawa and Ito knew what they were fucking doing and still does, too bad they're getting shelved in favor of the autistic ones.

Vaan was shoehorned in the last possible minute as said from devs themselves, and you can clearly notice that since Vaan loses relevance after the initial events.

honestly Penelo was the biggest offender, she had literaly no reason to be in it, and her excuse for joining the party was just a "because Vaan is int it and i want his orphan dick"

I can't really see how people even dislike this game. It just tells me this place really is taken over bots who just don't have any interest in games unless it boggles down to their weird and nostalgic desires.

And there's very few firearms in the game.

>implying she wasn't the best piece of ass in the party

Franfag detected.

She has no ass. There's very few female characters that actually have ass because apparently Asian men just aren't into that.

im more into tits user, ass is ok and all but tits are heaven.

>"because Vaan is int it and i want his orphan dick"

As reasons go, that's not actually a terrible one y'know.

It's hard to find good quality dick. Gotta stay on your toes so no one else steals it.

Asian women have no ass by default, how can they love something they never tasted?

It's 100% Playable on PCSX2, already

>Literally the second worst game in the series after II
>Actually good game
No

Source on that?

Hankhillgetsajobathooters.jpg

Not so fast, you can't take FF13's title of 2nd worst that easily

Vaan stops being relevant after the Garif stuff outside of a couple scenes
Basch has no relevance after the Vossler thing outside of few scenes at the end
Fran is only relevant when it comes to the Mist and the viera village
Penelo stops being relevant after Larsa brings her back to you

XII was really bad about characters

>r. faggot that never played it

>Hating on II
Did you try to grind for HP instead of just equipping shields and playing the game normally?

What about Balthier?

Balthier starts off relevant but then spends most of midgame as that snarky guy until when you get to Archades and they start doing the Cid stuff. Then he drops off a rock but it doesn't matter because at that point only the final dungeon is left.

virtuosgames.com/

user I bought it on release and fucking hated it then. Never understood the high review scores.

No, I actually beat the game but it was tedious as hell and I didn't enjoy the story.

>they did the AssCreed Ezio collection and Batman Arkham collection
Faced it, we're fucked.

>I don't know what I'm talking about

X-2 was a perfect port in the exact same release.
Don't blame them for Squeenix not holding onto their assets properly.

Whelp, time to kill myself.
So far at least it doesnt look like they touched the faces, which is what they seem to butcher the most

>Final Fantasy 12 came out in 2006
>didn't get another good Final Fantasy game until FF12 was released again in 2016
That's kind of sad.

Type 0 was kinda good... right?

Not only is FF12 medicore, but the zodiac job system just made the game less fun.

One of FF12's strong suits was the customization, and pigeonholing every party member into a certain class is just boring.

Yep. After this gets ported to PC, I'm done with Square's shit.

But XII is shit.

>worst characters
>worst setting
>worst art style
>worst music
>worst story

Is there any redeemable qualities?

no

> Pick no job
> SURPRISE! Your game is now FFXII before International

Faggot.

>google the "desirable changes"
>"We actually got help from Hiroyuki Ito, who worked on the game design for previous Final Fantasy titles," Kato said. "We overhauled the game balance so that it would be easier for players — closer to the feel of a classic Final Fantasy title."
>also trial mode and speedup which are already in IZJS
Why the fuck would I buy this?

>pick no job
>can't do anything
Are you pretending? Did you even play the game?

It's like poetry.

I really don't get people's problem with Vaan. Him and penelo are the straight men on an adventure, a compromise that allows more interesting characters like Basch, Ashe, Balthier & Fran not to have to compete to be the main characters.

B-but we got world of final fantasy this year, desu

>ITT: VII babbies shit on the only good FF game besides Tatics

Most people didn't even play 12 past rabanastre palace, or get any of the cool abilities. The biggest problem with the game is that selecting abilities yourself is tedious when the only benefit from using earlier spells is stuff like higher damage.

IZJS absolutely ruined the game because you couldn't have things like haste mage gunners anymore, you had to force synergization between extremely limiting classes rather than roleplaying the characters with cool synergies, teaching people the spells and abilities to synergise with whatever weapon you wanted them to use rather than picking a weapon and being limited to the ascribed, balanced abilities.

What it does most of all is kill the combat, the viability of the non-player logic steps party AI decreases drastically when all your spells are forced into one shitty class. Gun class not having access to time magic is awful, and running time mage + gun class is just not effective. In original FFXII you had the ability to turn each character into their own unique autonomous killing machine, only after 70+ hours do you have the resources to be homogenising the licence boards. IZJS just boxes the characters into set builds the entire game, ones that existed pretty much exactly the same in Vanilla.

Like mentions, in IZJS the standard BM/RM + WM are pretty much the stars of the entire game for the fact that the game was originally balanced on everyone having access to magic. After you've got those down you're pretty much just left picking which blunt object your party members are going to be hitting enemies with. You can only use one weapon type for each class, rather than swapping around as you find and can afford new ones in vanilla.

IZJS is just in general a more dull experience, the only improvements it brings to the table are being allowed to break 9999 damage without quickenings/espers and a fast forward button

>a compromise that allows more interesting characters like Basch, Ashe, Balthier & Fran not to have to compete to be the main characters.
Which fails because Ashe becomes the de facto main character anyways.

HEY BOYS ITS VAYNE HERE FOR THE FINALE!
PLEASE DON'T MIND THIS GIANT AIRSHIP THAT APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE, pls don't ask too many questions.

Star Wars yo

Bro you can't even level up if you don't pick a job.

No.

The combat is a button masher.

The plot is shit. Important stuff happens off screen really often. A lof of confrontations get a text explaining what happened instead of letting you play it. Some stuff happens like the girl joining the bad guy without any explanation at all. Its like playing Xenogears disc 2 all over again.

12 out of 14 characters are not developed. The other 2 are barely developed. Even FFVI managed to develop most of its 12 characters.

Most towns are copy pasted assets.

The game is shit and the little praise it gets its because "lol blood on the cutscenes, this is an adult FF!".

OST is decent.

shit tier shovelware with chibi models

I guess vita/ps4 users are really desperate for games

I'm glad you liked XII as well, OP. I find it a very unappreciated game.

Fran's ass

>giving two shits about an char in a FF game

Is Vayne a good villain?

I think I got past bunnyland and lost all interest in the game during some obnoxious dragon boss I couldn't beat without wasting all my shit.

I kept trying to win without wasting everything but it didn't happen, so I got fed up and dropped the game. Then I went back years later on emu, but I couldn't be fucked playing all the way back to where I left off.

You shouldn't even be using Vaan because he sucks six dicks.

Maybe if he appeared more often

FFXII is a 6/10, which is a very good score for a single player MMO-styled game with a meaningless story

>Virtuos
Fucking dropped

Cool, where is it? All I see is XII.

You can probably get XII once it comes out too, since they most likely won't bother asking you to return XV or pay for XII again

absolutely not

What are the best jobs for damage output?

It's not like they're making a whole game at a time, so chances are, they can release part 1 in 2017.